• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| [EXTREME]

8t65a3s1i.gif

Dawg

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ourobolus

Banned
Shouldn't it be OT3? :p

Anyway, new thread so...
So 5% left. S ranked everything, did all the objectives, all side ops, all key items/blueprints. Is that last 5% just the animals? Is there a good guide to getting them all?

Ame

Shouldn't it be OT3? :p

Anyway, new thread so...
So 5% left. S ranked everything, did all the objectives, all side ops, all key items/blueprints. Is that last 5% just the animals? Is there a good guide to getting them all?

I found this to be the best guide for the animal collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEzPe4lioso

Most of the animals are easy to collect. For the most part I just laid a bunch of traps at landing zones and took off at the end of a mission. I used the guide for some of the more rare animals.

Inside

Great backstory! Very useful for me.

Although I really hate that MGS V is open world and not linear like the old games, I still enjoy it very much. At the moment about 30% in and still having fun as the missions are getting more and more story based.

Cross posting since the previous OT is soon to be locked anyway.

This is probably the most time I've put into a game since WoW or actually, maybe GTA V/Online but I'm still not sure I'd call it my GOTY.

I finally got to that mission (
) and had I not been spoiled of it I still wouldn't have been surprised
since I already suspected it from the opening with the way they integrated the avatar thing with you have to choose your face and put in your name and all that after waking up and then Eli not matching Big Boss when I and I'm sure everyone damn well know that was Little Liquid, never mind the bionic thing

Oh another patch...

Funny about the arm. I was playing pre 1.04 and the game crashed, which caused my ps4 to install the update. I was so pissed but on the brightside, I declined the terms and won't have a problem until I log in to do the invasion trophy last. Then I'll probably trade the game in cause to hell with MGO and FOBs.

Roni

Gold Member
Could've at least used a different tag from the Spoiler thread. Like Subsistence or Total Stealth.

Anyway, I think they're fixing the fact you get the Gold Arm right away instead of when you get the Elite achievement.

Ecto311

Just got this yesterday during the microsoft app install free money thing. Any tips or sites I should check out since this is my first metal gear since the PS1 game?

Coreda

Quick question: what is the difference between nozzle types when customizing weapons?

The stats don't change so it's merely an aesthetic choice?

Coreda

Correct, barrels have stat changes tho

Thanks

Another thing, I've read somewhere that to keep Quiet you need to remain below 100% Bond level. Is this correct and if so how do you do this? Does the Bond level drop when you don't take buddies on missions regularly?

No spoilers, obviously. Pretty sure I've been vaguely spoiled on GAF regarding Quiet from all the poorly considered posts already so just looking for a general tip.

PreFire

Thanks

Another thing, I've read somewhere that to keep Quiet you need to remain below 100% Bond level. Is this correct and if so how do you do this? Does the Bond level drop when you don't take buddies on missions regularly?

No spoilers, obviously. Pretty sure I've been vaguely spoiled on GAF regarding Quiet from all the poorly considered posts already so just looking for a general tip.
Google is your friend. "How to keep quiet MGSV" in the search field gives you all the answers. Wish I had known it was possible to lose her.. I haven't played since she left. Fucking sucks

Anyway, slap a butterfly emblem on your motherbase and she will never leave

Thanks

Get her injured or swap her out for another buddy while on a mission. That'll lower your bond rating. It's probably easier just to equip the butterfly emblem.

jdw_b

Thanks

Funny that...

Dinda

Sooo, that new patch released on Steam removed the gold arm and the Sniper Wolf outfit?

Are they going to sell it to us again as DLC?

Dinda

What!? -_-

I don't know exactly, since i don't had them in my game yet. But the Steam forums are full of reports.
Maybe they only changed something with the files again, and it is only a bug that they don't show up? No idea.

wilsonda

Been dreaming of the day that they patch in the ability on consoles to get .... back, haven't played much sp since I lost ....

BadWolf

Went back and re-watched some old trailers, the one with the song Not Your Kind of People is so damn good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Bu1lDD2So

One of the best trailers in recent memory, and, just like with TMWSTW,
Not Your Kind of People's lyrics take a whole new meaning after finishing the game:

"You seem kind of phoney. Everything's a lie"

"You dropped by as I was sleeping.
You came to see the whole commotion.
And when I woke I started laughing.
The jokes on me for not believing."

"We are not your kind of people.
Speak a different language.
We see through your lies.
We are not your kind of people.
Won't be cast as demons,
Creatures you despise."

Love this.

Ratrat

So the stupid costume dlc is out. Wasn't there supposed to be something for d-dog? Would never buy either way.

Also the thread title should be changed as people seem to post in the other thread out of confusion.

Xanathus

Another update out on Steam, looks like it fixed the missing Gold Arm bug and probably the other missing stuff from the last update.

not gonna buy any dlc for this. though the mgs3 outfits are tempting. can you use MB coins? i have all the daily log-in bonuses with nothing to spend them on

So I was just trying to S-rank the first mission where you save Kaz

Hoooooooly shit you can just call in the chopper to a separate location and completely ignore the Skulls

SJRB

Gold Member
So I was just trying to S-rank the first mission where you save Kaz

Hoooooooly shit you can just call in the chopper to a separate location and completely ignore the Skulls

Yeah, the game does a terrible job at telling you that.

Same goes for the Hellbound mission. When Sahalanthropus attacks, Miller tells you to get to the predetermined LZ but chances are that the Metal Gear will be too close making it impossible to escape. At least, until you realise you can just tell the chopper to come to an LZ two miles down the road.

Ashura_MX

Same goes for the Hellbound mission. When Sahalanthropus attacks, Miller tells you to get to the predetermined LZ but chances are that the Metal Gear will be too close making it impossible to escape. At least, until you realise you can just tell the chopper to come to an LZ two miles down the road.

That's part of the charm of all MgS games though, figuring out odd ways to get the job done. I think its great, the "holy shit" effect is real, unlike the story :p

Renewed

Anyone know the exact contents of the MGS V Bonus Blu-ray that came with the Collector's Edition?

Trailers for the game (GDC 2013, E3 2013, E3 2014, E3 2015), commentary of the series in MGS Legacy interviews, and the Phantom Episode: Kingdom of the Flies.

BadWolf

At that point in the game you can't call in a chopper like that yet.

That trick only works when you return to the mission later, not when you do it for the first time.

Top Bottom