• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speedrunning Thread - RESETRESETRESET

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like werster is trying to do a 24 hour stream, Attempting to get sub 4 in pokemon.

Should be 24 hours of swearing and good times.

Jokab

Runnerguy is two minutes ahead of his own WR for OOT 100%. About two hours to go. If he beats the record, he'll cut his hair on stream!

Venfayth

Oh, good. Someone made this thread :D I remember it being discussed but hadn't noticed it til now. I've been working on SOTN. Love this game. Could literally play it forever.

meijiko

Just want to point out that Werster is singing on stream. He's also taking requests through donations. I am so happy right now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What's up with the recent popularity of these Batman speedruns?

LordAlu

What's up with the recent popularity of these Batman speedruns?
In the last month it's gone from being around the 11:10-11:20 to being 10:37. Dxtr and Funkdoc have been exchanging records every few days as they both continue to find new strats and improve on their times. It's been very interesting to see it evolve and time continue to be knocked off. Funkdoc is running it right now with more new strats he's worked on in an attempt to get 10:35.

http://www.twitch.tv/holden21

streaming zelda WW (only to master sword) i'm pretty bad;

testing stream still, give me feedback

bad mic i know :(
Feedback for your stream! Voice seems fine to me, although you might want to set your mic to only pick up your voice when you start talking rather than just being on all the time, and you need to increase your game audio as it is almost completely inaudible. You might want to make better use of the stream space: the actual WW game window needs to be bigger to fill more of the screen, and your splits are too small to read. If you size the game window to fit from top to bottom there should be room down one side to put your splits to fill the 16:9 ratio Twitch.tv is in (since WW will be in 5:4). Something like below?

holden21_zps1162bc16.png

Holden

Feedback for your stream! Voice seems fine to me, although you might want to set your mic to only pick up your voice when you start talking rather than just being on all the time, and you need to increase your game audio as it is almost completely inaudible. You might want to make better use of the stream space: the actual WW game window needs to be bigger to fill more of the screen, and your splits are too small to read. If you size the game window to fit from top to bottom there should be room down one side to put your splits to fill the 16:9 ratio Twitch.tv is in (since WW will be in 5:4). Something like below?

thanks man really appreciate the feedback

and thanks to anybody who was watching t.t

Chris R

Wasn't there talk of doing a GAF speedrun at some point? If so make sure it is a game most people would have access to (or could find with not too much effort). Also, it would be cool if it was a shorter game or even just a level or something that didn't take 5+ hours to do each time.

jayTOH

I beat my Borderlands any% PB with a time of 2:09:45 earlier tonight (2:08:55 if I didn't listen to the credits music (it's so good!))! My previous and current PBs are actually practice/routing runs; my estimated time for an actual, polished run would be around the 1:55 mark! The current SDA run, done by Youkai on the 360, has the game completed in 2:29:02 for reference.

JoeFu

Banned
I beat my Borderlands any% PB with a time of 2:09:45 earlier tonight (2:08:55 if I didn't listen to the credits music (it's so good!))! My previous and current PBs are actually practice/routing runs; my estimated time for an actual, polished run would be around the 1:55 mark! The current SDA run, done by Youkai on the 360, has the game completed in 2:29:02 for reference.

That's awesome! How reliant are you on random weapon drops? Or do you just use boss purples?

jayTOH

That's awesome! How reliant are you on random weapon drops? Or do you just use boss purples?

Thanks!

With the way auto-saving and loading works, Borderlands is almost meant to be ran strictly in segments, so I rely heavily on random weapons from chests. Borderlands speedrunning, as we know it now, is pretty much grinding off of the Lost Cave crabs, Skagzilla, and the Rakk Hive in order to be a suitable level to progress through the game; that and luck-manipulating a couple Double Anarchies (low accuracy SMG that fires four bullets per trigger squeeze).

Although a single segment run has been in the talks before, no one has really produced anything, really (probably because getting a DA is rare). I have an idea that I'm gonna be testing out in the coming weeks that pretty much follows the new, typical route but with using predetermined drops instead of relying on difficult luck-manipulation.

If anyone's interested in Borderlands speedrunning, I highly recommend checking out Youkai's current SDA run, as well as my old recorded attempts to see some differences and new tricks! And if interested in actually speedrunning the game yourselves, read up and post stuffs in the SDA thread here! It's a great game, and it'd be dope if even a couple more people were into running it!

LordAlu

http://www.twitch.tv/holden21

streaming zelda Wind waker, i'm still pretty bad :( but getting better :D

Still want feedback on stream if possible ( on gaf or twitch chat).

thanks
Your stream looks a lot better than last time! Video quality is good, game screen is nice and big and I can read your splits! Game sound level and voice level are great (although there is a slight hissing but that just might be the mic being constantly on). Also, your Steam notification noise can be heard. All in all though it's pretty great, and much much better than before! Now you just need to get used to talking about what you're doing during the game (and/or why) :D

Top Bottom