• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

I don't think full hypermax is required for Devil Rush. Hell, Ceres isn't even needed because the two ALB actives is enough unless you get horrendous luck with Skyfall poisons. I don't have a canopus but I've been using Awoken Parvati as a substitute for Canopus.

Devil Rush is actually one of the more lenient rushes to farm.

I'm in that discord so hit me up we could probably farm it easily.

I think I'm going to blow my stamina on Star Treasure Thieves' Den tonight, use my Experience of a Lifetime and go through it again, and work on a Canopus and fully evolving my third Zeus Dios (already max-skilled). I don't want to rope you into farming a dungeon you don't need!

I won't use Grida until D.Athena anyways, so I have a long time to worry about it.

Negator

I think I'm going to blow my stamina on Star Treasure Thieves' Den tonight, use my Experience of a Lifetime and go through it again, and work on a Canopus and fully evolving my third Zeus Dios (already max-skilled). I don't want to rope you into farming a dungeon you don't need!

I won't use Grida until D.Athena anyways, so I have a long time to worry about it.

I'm still planning on skilling up at least one more Grida, so no big deal, by the time you need them I'll probably still be working on them!

W-00

Okay, so I can confirm that Meri, in co-op, can ABSOLUTELY beat C10. I whittled Goemon down below 50% rather than letting him regenerate to full light, but other than that it was just like I posted on the previous page.

Also, why are people wanting multiples of Grida? Is she that good of a sub for DAthena or is it just a matter of there not being many other options available to them?

Negator

Are people actually wanting grida dupes? I just happened to have them drop, figured since I have them I might as well skill them.

Bladelaw

Are people actually wanting grida dupes? I just happened to have them drop, figured since I have them I might as well skill them.
I can't think of a solid use for multiple that Grisar doesn't cover but something might come up eventually.

I'm going to run star den all hour. That should let me hyper Meri and Andromeda. I'm saving three mules for Ra Dragon if we ever get it. At this point I'm tempted to just hyper Yamamoto and worry about Ra Dragon when we get him.

W-00

Ah, I just asked because you were working on multiple of her but I didn't want to single you out.

I can't think of a solid use for multiple that Grisar doesn't cover but something might come up eventually.

I'm going to run star den all hour. That should let me hyper Meri and Andromeda. I'm saving three mules for Ra Dragon if we ever get it. At this point I'm tempted to just hyper Yamamoto and worry about Ra Dragon when we get him.

You know that if you're really eager for Ra Dragon the best thing you can do is use those mules. Because that's just how GungHo works.

b33r

Nioh has been taking all my time lately, but I grinded for grida all day at 2x and never got her. Killed some stamina today with a play and she invaded... Happy to have her but lol

1upsuper

Howdy, all. I just recently dipped my feet into the treacherous pool of gacha games with Fire Emblem Heroes, and now I'm shopping around for something else to play alongside it. I really enjoyed the PAD game on the 3DS, so naturally I'm interesting in this one. But am I too late to the party? Is the mobile version a big commitment? I only have limited spare time right now, so something like Granblue isn't good for me right now. Is there a certain time of month I should start playing/rerolling? I like a game with cool and cute characters, so I think this game appeals to me.

Howdy, all. I just recently dipped my feet into the treacherous pool of gacha games with Fire Emblem Heroes, and now I'm shopping around for something else to play alongside it. I really enjoyed the PAD game on the 3DS, so naturally I'm interesting in this one. But am I too late to the party? Is the mobile version a big commitment? I only have limited spare time right now, so something like Granblue isn't good for me right now. Is there a certain time of month I should start playing/rerolling? I like a game with cool and cute characters, so I think this game appeals to me.

In order:

1. You're not too late; the community is still quite large/active and the game is constantly being made easier in terms of starting and progressing.

2. It's as big a commitment as you wish it to be, but if you care about things like stamina/playtime efficiency it can be frustrating. There are also daily "guerrilla" dungeons that appear for one hour at a time and especially if they have items/monsters that you need it's annoying to feel like you have to structure your day around them. With rare exception all the dungeons will repeat at some point so you should never feel the "one chance or you miss it" pressure. There are tons of cards that can bring you comfortably into the harder content so unless you have the desire to be at the tippy-top of the meta you should be able to work with many of the rolls you make, and free stones are plentiful enough to make that a reality.

3. The best time to roll is during a "Godfest", which typically happens every two weeks and features specific pantheons of gods as well as "godfest-exclusive" monsters, many of which are powerful or useful. We're due for one in a few days. You could start now, but the chance of getting a relatively powerful or easy-to-use leader in your first roll is much lower, and unfortunately this is a game where that can matter quite a bit. You'll want to graduate beyond the early game content as quickly as possible and having to go through the entire tutorial just to reroll is super annoying.

1upsuper

Thank you very much, SecretMoblin. I appreciate it. I think I'm gonna give PAD a shot, though I'm going to wait until the Godfest, I think. Rerolling isn't that tedious for me (at least based on other things I've played), so I'd like to take the time to hit the ground running. I don't care to get to the top of the meta, but I would like to get some good units and enjoy a good amount of available content without too much frustration.

I've mentioned this in the mobage thread, but PAD is like one of the few mobage that actually respects the player's time. You don't have to grind events, you can take a break for a few months and not feel like you've fallen permanently behind the meta, and GungHo keeps adding catch-up mechanics to help players reach late/endgame quickly.

As mentioned Godfests are the best time to start playing, but mostly because almost all of the list of "good" starting rolls only appear during GFs. If you get bored and really wanted to play PAD, the easiest thing to do is to ignore all reroll lists and keep the first monster that has a leader skill with a 3x or higher boost to ATK. Then you can play through the game, trying to conserve as many stones as possible, then attempt to roll a starter monster the next Godfest (it should occur in a few days). Then you can choose to reroll the account after that or not.

v10.0 announced, lot of changes. But the most important one
ss05.jpg

1upsuper

I've mentioned this in the mobage thread, but PAD is like one of the few mobage that actually respects the player's time. You don't have to grind events, you can take a break for a few months and not feel like you've fallen permanently behind the meta, and GungHo keeps adding catch-up mechanics to help players reach late/endgame quickly.

As mentioned Godfests are the best time to start playing, but mostly because almost all of the list of "good" starting rolls only appear during GFs. If you get bored and really wanted to play PAD, the easiest thing to do is to ignore all reroll lists and keep the first monster that has a leader skill with a 3x or higher boost to ATK. Then you can play through the game, trying to conserve as many stones as possible, then attempt to roll a starter monster the next Godfest (it should occur in a few days). Then you can choose to reroll the account after that or not.

Thank you, that's encouraging. I think I'm going to go ahead and wait for the next Godfest, but I'm glad to know that it's not mandatory to start during one.

Ducarmel

^I am ready for Queen Ronia's return!

Finally some animation options!!!!!

They need to go all out and give all animations an option to be on/off or a 2x speed animation option.

So that's a rainbow egg? Now we can really be pissed when gold eggs come of the gatcha machine.

Quantum

^I am ready for Queen Ronia's return!

Finally some animation options!!!!!

They need to go all out and give all animations an option to be on/off or a 2x speed animation option.

So that's a rainbow egg? Now we can really be pissed when gold eggs come of the gatcha machine.

TBH I'm pissed a lot of the time when gold eggs come out now!

- ALB farming Z8 with alt generates stupid MPs - its evident that single players are at a significant disadvantage. I mean I knew this but - its really apparent running a click farm team.

- my salient questions is this - which MP/rogue can you run for continuous stamina after rank 550? my alt never runs out (just over 400) but my main seems to be receiving just short of the needed exp to continuously rank up.

EDIT: poverty roll (new descend stones) main - Meri
alt - Mel

makes me happy as I wanted meri, but paying for stones confirmed useless?

Aesnath

On my fourth try, I finally beat C10 (last week's challenge) with R. Minerva. It took a bit of doing and was still relatively close. Looking at my options I actually inherited zeta hydra onto an unskilled Belial (41 CD total), to give me total SBR, a few extra rows and a second delay. My idea was that, if I was going to stall for Tsubaki (A. Orochi) twice, I'd probably have 41 turns. Then I picked up a friend with R. Minerva (Rapheal). This all ended up being important.

On hera-is, I popped the 4 turn delay, and needed all four turns to kill her. On Vishnu, I delayed him for 4 turns, worked him down to about 25%, used Rapheal skill, then delayed for 5 turns and killed. I'm still not convinced I should buy a charite for this team.

The current challenge seems relatively easy stones. Kinda nice for them to roll this thing out. I'm still waiting on a godfest announcement before I make any decisions about rolling more on the HREM.

Also, I think the rainbow-crystal-egg looks pretty stupid.

Thank you, that's encouraging. I think I'm going to go ahead and wait for the next Godfest, but I'm glad to know that it's not mandatory to start during one.

Love your avatar!

But, yeah, Moblin is right this is a pretty good time to start the game. It feels like they are making it more accessible all the time. I have been messing around with FE:H some as well, and while it seems fun, there is a lot of focus on single unit strength. With PAD teambuilding synergy is probably more important, making it harder to reset-reroll into something dominating.

Also, my best friend started about a month ago. He started pretty casual about it, but now it has become a significant time commitment. I don't think PAD has to take a lot of time, but, in practice, it seems to for most of the people I know who play it IRL. My wife probably handles it the best. She has a team she likes, she plays co-op with myself and my daughter sometimes, but mostly she just logs in once a day and tries a few dungeons. She doesn't have an end-game team, is mostly non-in-app-purchase, but she still has a good time with it and can clear plenty of dungeons.

Bladelaw

TBH I'm pissed a lot of the time when gold eggs come out now!

- ALB farming Z8 with alt generates stupid MPs - its evident that single players are at a significant disadvantage. I mean I knew this but - its really apparent running a click farm team.

- my salient questions is this - which MP/rogue can you run for continuous stamina after rank 550? my alt never runs out (just over 400) but my main seems to be receiving just short of the needed exp to continuously rank up.

EDIT: poverty roll (new descend stones) main - Meri
alt - Mel

makes me happy as I wanted meri, but paying for stones confirmed useless?

Z8's pretty close to the best XP/Stam/MP ratio I don't think anything else beats it. What I did when I hit that point was just wait for enough stam to run KOTG with Ganesha paired with something strong like Aizen and that always topped me off. That works for a little bit but eventually that gravy train stops too. Monday Ganesha helped too but obviously that's only available on Monday.

I got my tax return so I decided to splurge on box space and gave myself 100 more slots. That helped with Star Den. I have a hypermaxed Meri team that makes arena 1 a joke, it'd probably do the same to A2 as well I just don't think it's worth the added stress.

The team:
Meri (Meri) <--SDR protection from Thoth and Kagu
Andromeda (Ryune)
Sumire (Mori Motonori)
Sumire (Sumire) <--again ghetto SDR,
Isis (Orochi)

ATK latents on Sumire, HP Latents on Andromeda, rainbow resist on Isis. Planning on SDR on Meri and HP on the Other Sumire.

This team steamrolled arena. 36k HP with Isis shield tanks DQ hera (I pop Isis on floor 15 no matter what for the delay and recharge by floor 18, 8 dark latents would get the job done as well with no shield) three hearts heals from pretty much everything. A full blue board (Ryune-->Meri or Mori-->Andro) gets Kali out of her 65% threshold, a decent Mori or Ryune board can straight up kill her. Easily my fastest clear. I'm not sure there's anything I fear here. No skyfall keeps sopdet, Kagu, and Parvati from ruining my day. Maybe a super bad tama or shieldra spawn that forces me to pop delay early? It hasn't happened yet so I just don't know.

I like this team more than Aizen for A1. It has the potential for explosive burst as needed and since A1's threats are less varied there's not a lot to worry about. A row kills almost anything, 6 connected no row is enough for Parvati, and less with enhanced orbs for sopdet while delayed. If you get a bad run of spawn luck (Sopdet-->Kagu-->Dios-->Lifive-->DQ Hera) it might be rough if hearts aren't flowing. Also combo shields can present a problem, Sumire's time extends really help with that though.

EDIT: with the inherits on and the Maniac HP badge I just need 2 dark latents to tank DQ Hera at full HP no shield required. I love this inherit mechanic. Also good incentive to level up inheritable monsters without penalizing those who don't.

Actually, there's a Fire Gala (increased chance of rolling fire cards) going on now and Krishna http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3068 is one of the best leaders in the game capable of clearing most, if not all, content currently in the game. His leader skill is easy to activate and buffs anything that is fire type so you can make a decent team just with fire type junk that drops as you progress.

Bladelaw

Actually, there's a Fire Gala (increased chance of rolling fire cards) going on now and Krishna http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=3068 is one of the best leaders in the game capable of clearing most, if not all, content currently in the game. His leader skill is easy to activate and buffs anything that is fire type so you can make a decent team just with fire type junk that drops as you progress.

If the Fire Gala is going on during God Fest you can also double dip.

Decent to amazing fire leads:
Shiva
Krishna
Cao Cao
Minerva

There's more but those are the big names.

Shiva just needs combos and fire monsters to do damage
Krishna as above is super beginner friendly and very durable once fully evolved
Cao Cao can take you through almost all content and once awoken becomes a staple sub and great multiplayer farming lead
Minerva once Awoken is very durable and pairs with other strong leads.

If you get Krishna or Shiva I'd stop. Cao Cao maybe if you see yourself playing multiplayer. I like Shiva because he teaches you how to combo which is a critical skill for so many leads in this game. Krishna does too but requires many more fire orbs to deal damage which can be tough to field early on.

Actually I forgot, there's a very important reason to start playing PAD now

The Heroine gacha is active until the end of the week, and costs an increased 10 stones to pull. HOWEVER, for a beginning player, every possible pull from the machine is a good starting roll due to all 5* monsters having a +2sec move time ability baked into the leader skill. You also get a free go at the machine once you hit rank 50, which is easily attainable once you get 30 stamina and run the special dungeon "EXP of a lifetime".

Bladelaw

Actually I forgot, there's a very important reason to start playing PAD now

The Heroine gacha is active until the end of the week, and costs an increased 10 stones to pull. HOWEVER, for a beginning player, every possible pull from the machine is a good starting roll due to all 5* monsters having a +2sec move time ability baked into the leader skill. You also get a free go at the machine once you hit rank 50, which is easily attainable once you get 30 stamina and run the special dungeon "EXP of a lifetime".

...And today being Monday means once you have enough stamina (13 in coop iirc) you can run Monday Dungeon to get to rank 50 relatively quickly. If you're thinking you might be in for the long haul this is a pretty good way to kickstart yourself.

I didn't even think of rolling Heroine even though that's the main reason my JP account works.

All good points, as well as squeezing every potential Pal Point for free +eggs. I never even considered that you can probably get your first 70 rank levels in a single day if it's a Monday, there's an Experience of a Lifetime available, and you have a willing multiplayer partner to carry you through Monday dungeon a few times.

The only "downside" is that the game is still structured around single-player play and if you're at rank 50+ then the experience from the early dungeons isn't nearly enough to play continuously, making those boring dungeons even more of a slog.

Plus the first few days provide an avalanche of stones for the Godfest.

Z8's pretty close to the best XP/Stam/MP ratio I don't think anything else beats it. What I did when I hit that point was just wait for enough stam to run KOTG with Ganesha paired with something strong like Aizen and that always topped me off. That works for a little bit but eventually that gravy train stops too. Monday Ganesha helped too but obviously that's only available on Monday.

I got my tax return so I decided to splurge on box space and gave myself 100 more slots. That helped with Star Den. I have a hypermaxed Meri team that makes arena 1 a joke, it'd probably do the same to A2 as well I just don't think it's worth the added stress.

The team:
Meri (Meri) <--SDR protection from Thoth and Kagu
Andromeda (Ryune)
Sumire (Mori Motonori)
Sumire (Sumire) <--again ghetto SDR,
Isis (Orochi)

ATK latents on Sumire, HP Latents on Andromeda, rainbow resist on Isis. Planning on SDR on Meri and HP on the Other Sumire.

This team steamrolled arena. 36k HP with Isis shield tanks DQ hera (I pop Isis on floor 15 no matter what for the delay and recharge by floor 18, 8 dark latents would get the job done as well with no shield) three hearts heals from pretty much everything. A full blue board (Ryune-->Meri or Mori-->Andro) gets Kali out of her 65% threshold, a decent Mori or Ryune board can straight up kill her. Easily my fastest clear. I'm not sure there's anything I fear here. No skyfall keeps sopdet, Kagu, and Parvati from ruining my day. Maybe a super bad tama or shieldra spawn that forces me to pop delay early? It hasn't happened yet so I just don't know.

I like this team more than Aizen for A1. It has the potential for explosive burst as needed and since A1's threats are less varied there's not a lot to worry about. A row kills almost anything, 6 connected no row is enough for Parvati, and less with enhanced orbs for sopdet while delayed. If you get a bad run of spawn luck (Sopdet-->Kagu-->Dios-->Lifive-->DQ Hera) it might be rough if hearts aren't flowing. Also combo shields can present a problem, Sumire's time extends really help with that though.

EDIT: with the inherits on and the Maniac HP badge I just need 2 dark latents to tank DQ Hera at full HP no shield required. I love this inherit mechanic. Also good incentive to level up inheritable monsters without penalizing those who don't.

I ran Meri in Arena for the first time today. Once with just a hobbled together team I didn't put much thought in (Andro, Mori, Barbarossa, and Alrescha) and blew through it super fast. I haven't really ran Arena in months, but I didn't have anything to spend stamina on and thought I'd give it a try. The team is really nice. Not super orb hungry and really easy to save water orbs. I put your exact team together after that (minus the assist on Meri). Went 1/3 but died once from a bad tama spawn and another time I just completely played an early floor bad. Even if I don't get a 100% clear rate, which I'm sure if possible with a little bit of planning and actually remembering the spawns, I'll probably run this a lot just because it's so fast. It was nice being able to spike the piis.

I might try to get Alrescha back on the team somewhere, it'd cover hazards if a board change isn't up. Another thing to play around with I guess. Should keep me busy until DAthena and RaDra.

b33r

Yep, Meri isn't as safe as a heart cross, but she is so much easier and faster. I really like Alrescha on the team for the god killer and dual sbr.

Bladelaw

Yep, Meri isn't as safe as a heart cross, but she is so much easier and faster. I really like Alrescha on the team for the god killer and dual sbr.
God killer makes sopdet scary though.

Also I replaced the second Sumire with sarasvati. Her skill boosts being critical for getting skills up turn 1. Not a big deal in co-op but I think the HP hit is worth it for the convenience of making a more general purpose team.

1upsuper

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Looks like I saw these replies a bit too late to really capitalize on the Monday benefits, but I think I'm gong to start playing very soon. Unless I've totally screwed everything up in not starting today

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Looks like I saw these replies a bit too late to really capitalize on the Monday benefits, but I think I'm gong to start playing very soon. Unless I've totally screwed everything up in not starting today

I actually still have a one-time use Monday dungeon that lasts for an hour thanks to a quest, so if you want to start at any point and have me power-level you so you're drowning in stamina just let me know.

b33r

God killer makes sopdet scary though.

Also I replaced the second Sumire with sarasvati. Her skill boosts being critical for getting skills up turn 1. Not a big deal in co-op but I think the HP hit is worth it for the convenience of making a more general purpose team.

I basically just 3 and 4 match for her, so if I don't make a 6 match it's not a problem, more a help. But I don't have an optimized team like you do.

1upsuper

I actually still have a one-time use Monday dungeon that lasts for an hour thanks to a quest, so if you want to start at any point and have me power-level you so you're drowning in stamina just let me know.

That would be awesome, thank you. Do you have to use that dungeon on a Monday, or is it a special Monday dungeon you can use whenever you want?

Caustic

Neo Member

Assuming you don't have a problem with taking over an existing account, I have an alt I started in order to play co-op on demand and everything, but quickly found out that I'm too lazy to play on multiple devices/screens at the same time.

I'd say it's not too bad to start with - I haven't made any dungeon progress on it (aside from some Daily Evo Mat/Exp Mat dungeons) - the only thing I ran with it are limited-time reward dungeons, really, so no need to worry about seeing a bunch of already-cleared dungeons.

-It's at rank 115 or somewhere in that range, so with a bit more effort you can get your free rank 150 roll.
-I generally only rolled once per GodFest on that account (whenever I remembered to,) so not much in terms of cohesive teams, but the free pull from the Bleach Collab was Aizen so you probably don't have to worry too much about rolling a great lead.
-I also think it's saved up about 40 stones (~8 pulls?) - do they transfer over? I don't recall. The account is on an Android if they don't carry over to iOS or something like that.

Anyway, the offer is there if you want it! I don't really remember how the transferring process works, but I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle.

All these free stones grinding the challenges allowed me to roll 8 times total and I pulled an Ilmina on the 8th pull! I was resigned to being happy with my Meri pull.

No idea what to do with her. Sub on my RevoMinerva team for now, I guess.

W-00

I decided that since I finally got Myr on my alt yesterday that I should roll some more to hopefully get Momiji. Four rolls: Navi, Mito (second), Sheena (third), Mito (third). My alt has the stones for one roll left, but I no, I am drawing the line that I should have drawn after Navi. No more. Unless it turns out that some awesome ults are announced.

But in positive Myr-sub news, my Elias on both accounts both reached max-skill today. And my alt has a spare Elia to feed to Myr, so I won't have to worry about that when the time comes.

Bladelaw

I've really been enjoying Meri as a general purpose lead. Adding Sarasvati has been a decent speedboost to the team since the water skyfall generally keeps me in water orbs. I slapped Scheat on her for added hazard coverage. Being able to play around with inherits makes team building so much less stressful and more fun. I'm working on going through the challenges with her and it's been smooth sailing all the way, just DXM left to go.

I've been rolling any time I hit 50 stones, so 2 pulls from these challenge dungeons, Mito (3) and Barbara (2). I'm still holding out hope I get a Romia before this is done. I'm still missing Romia, Kuvia, and Illmina so I'm hoping I get them.

Aesnath

We are probably going to get a godfest before HREM ends, right? I'd really like to make the decision to make more rolls on HREM with the knowledge of what my other options are.

Also, I just realized yesterday that coin dungeons count toward your total special dungeons completed for the maniac HP badge. At this rate I will assuredly have that badge before the earlier 5%HP one.

Re: Meri: I'm having two major issues with her. 1: none of my skills are up turn one and 2: hp is a real and persistent issue. Anything I should be shooting to roll that will help with either issue? I'm guessing Andromeda, Sarasvasti, Alrescha?

Current team is Meri/S.Urd/Gabriel(Y'sholta)/Sitri(Scheat)/B.Metatron

I kinda wish I had an orb changer on a faster clock, like seven with haste or just five flat. Right now, I have no actives on turn one, which can be dangerous. Also, is anyone inheriting a shield somewhere? The only two I have are Balboa and Cursed Dragon.

jiggle

On a whim
I grabbed dathena on both my accounts
The damage is very disappointing...
Making me hesitant about grabbing her when she arrives in NA

Bladelaw

We are probably going to get a godfest before HREM ends, right? I'd really like to make the decision to make more rolls on HREM with the knowledge of what my other options are.

Also, I just realized yesterday that coin dungeons count toward your total special dungeons completed for the maniac HP badge. At this rate I will assuredly have that badge before the earlier 5%HP one.

Re: Meri: I'm having two major issues with her. 1: none of my skills are up turn one and 2: hp is a real and persistent issue. Anything I should be shooting to roll that will help with either issue? I'm guessing Andromeda, Sarasvasti, Alrescha?

Current team is Meri/S.Urd/Gabriel(Y'sholta)/Sitri(Scheat)/B.Metatron

I kinda wish I had an orb changer on a faster clock, like seven with haste or just five flat. Right now, I have no actives on turn one, which can be dangerous. Also, is anyone inheriting a shield somewhere? The only two I have are Balboa and Cursed Dragon.
For skills: sarasvati and Blodin are your only decent 3sb options. Sarasvati being preferred. For HP Andromeda and Sumire help a lot. I'm not using a shield because 36k HP is enough for any realistic non-kill shot barring DQ Hera's preemptive.

The maniac HP badge obviously helps quite a bit.

Aesnath

For skills: sarasvati and Blodin are your only decent 3sb options. Sarasvati being preferred. For HP Andromeda and Sumire help a lot. I'm not using a shield because 36k HP is enough for any realistic non-kill shot barring DQ Hera's preemptive.

The maniac HP badge obviously helps quite a bit.

Well, Blodin is the only odin I don't have, also no sarasvasti or sumire. I guess I know what my targets are.

Bladelaw

Like 10-20mil XD
I barely cracked 10mil with full activation and 4 dark prongs
Was expecting way more
Gonna test again with escha setup

I just need to readjust my expectations I guess lol
Too used to ilms

Keep in mind you're sitting on 60k+ HP and have 2 on demand 3 turn delays and the recovery to keep doing it almost every turn. Also what would you need to hit that hard? radars absorb or negate too much damage and Kali will die just fine to what you're already doing.

Well, Blodin is the only odin I don't have, also no sarasvasti or sumire. I guess I know what my targets are.

You're not missing much with no Blodin so don't feel bad. While you're still working on getting those pulls some general things to keep in mind:

Quick orb makers like Bvalk, Hatsume, and Nut are viable if you don't need full SBR. If you have any blue monsters with 2 or 3 SBR you can usually make up the difference elsewhere. Another option is forgo the HP badge for the SBR badge. at some point it was changed to be additive so you only need 3 SBR over the team + the badge to get 100% or better resist. You'll need to tweak based on the dungeon.

Physical types have lots of HP. Look for any decent blue Physical types in your box. Dragons also tend to have high HP. Inherit like colors for even more HP. It's not much but even a little bit helps sometimes. Keep in mind I'm running a hypered team so if you're not add about 5-6k HP to what you're seeing and that's where you'll end up once you're done plussing out.

But yeah Meri isn't a perfect lead (if her evo is unbindable I'm going to flip) but she's incredibly powerful. She has some team building restrictions (SB/SBR, bind clear required, etc) but the tools are out there.

The reason I'm using the team I have is because it's built for Arena. Having Sarasvati keeps the team no dupes so it's usable anywhere I can get a blue orb, she loses no time extends over another Sumire, and only takes a smallish HP hit. Here's my reasoning for each sub:

Andromeda
Makes hearts and waters using orbs no on else on the team works with, combos with inherited Mori for a full blue board, has solid stats (lots of HP), 2 SBR and has the ability to soft bind clear. Inherited Ryune to allow similar full board coverage with Meri as well as bonus stats and heart making (with haste).

Sumire
Lots of HP, 4 Orb Enhances, haste active. Mori inherit for reasons described above plus the double haste to bring something like Sarasvati back up to fix a bad board in case Andromeda isn't available.

Sarasvati
3 skill boosts and a short active that keeps water orbs flowing would be enough. Inherited Scheat for the HP and similar active as a hedge against Beelz and jammer converts, also combos with Ryune for a 2/3 water board. The active rarely comes up unless I'm preparing for it though.

Isis
She's on pretty much every blue team I make that needs a bind clear. Solid stats (great ATK), decent awakenings, short active I can inherit on. I put Awoken Orochi here because the delay is crucial to some arena spawns (Parvati, Kagu, and Sopdet especially). This lets me use Orochi on a nasty floor and bring up her shield in time for DQ Hera.

Things that can really wreck this team:
Tama spawn that binds Andro, and Meri then skill binds me. I need 2 rows to kill them in this situation and without actives it's unlikely I'll have 12-15 blue orbs to work with.

Needing to unbind when Isis is unavailable. Hasn't happened yet but I can see a situation where a status immune boss binds my team while I have Orochi up.

Isis can be replaced by any unbindable bind clear especially if you latent for DQ Hera.
Andro is so key to so many water teams, I'm not sure what I'd swap her with. You need the two SBR for most dungeons so I'd start there.
Sumire is mostly a stat stick, but a useful one. Any high HP blue monster can work ideally with an SBR.
Sarasvati is key to having strong actives up turn one, but that can be mitigated by a quick orb changer.

There's probably better team compositions out there but it's the best I think I can do with what my box has.

Aesnath

Keep in mind you're sitting on 60k+ HP and have 2 on demand 3 turn delays and the recovery to keep doing it almost every turn. Also what would you need to hit that hard? radars absorb or negate too much damage and Kali will die just fine to what you're already doing.

You're not missing much with no Blodin so don't feel bad. While you're still working on getting those pulls some general things to keep in mind:

Quick orb makers like Bvalk, Hatsume, and Nut are viable if you don't need full SBR. If you have any blue monsters with 2 or 3 SBR you can usually make up the difference elsewhere. Another option is forgo the HP badge for the SBR badge. at some point it was changed to be additive so you only need 3 SBR over the team + the badge to get 100% or better resist. You'll need to tweak based on the dungeon.

Physical types have lots of HP. Look for any decent blue Physical types in your box. Dragons also tend to have high HP. Inherit like colors for even more HP. It's not much but even a little bit helps sometimes. Keep in mind I'm running a hypered team so if you're not add about 5-6k HP to what you're seeing and that's where you'll end up once you're done plussing out.

But yeah Meri isn't a perfect lead (if her evo is unbindable I'm going to flip) but she's incredibly powerful. She has some team building restrictions (SB/SBR, bind clear required, etc) but the tools are out there.

The reason I'm using the team I have is because it's built for Arena. Having Sarasvati keeps the team no dupes so it's usable anywhere I can get a blue orb, she loses no time extends over another Sumire, and only takes a smallish HP hit. Here's my reasoning for each sub:

Andromeda
Makes hearts and waters using orbs no on else on the team works with, combos with inherited Mori for a full blue board, has solid stats (lots of HP), 2 SBR and has the ability to soft bind clear. Inherited Ryune to allow similar full board coverage with Meri as well as bonus stats and heart making (with haste).

Sumire
Lots of HP, 4 Orb Enhances, haste active. Mori inherit for reasons described above plus the double haste to bring something like Sarasvati back up to fix a bad board in case Andromeda isn't available.

Sarasvati
3 skill boosts and a short active that keeps water orbs flowing would be enough. Inherited Scheat for the HP and similar active as a hedge against Beelz and jammer converts, also combos with Ryune for a 2/3 water board. The active rarely comes up unless I'm preparing for it though.

Isis
She's on pretty much every blue team I make that needs a bind clear. Solid stats (great ATK), decent awakenings, short active I can inherit on. I put Awoken Orochi here because the delay is crucial to some arena spawns (Parvati, Kagu, and Sopdet especially). This lets me use Orochi on a nasty floor and bring up her shield in time for DQ Hera.

Tama spawn that binds Andro, and Meri then skill binds me. I need 2 rows to kill them in this situation and without actives it's unlikely I'll have 12-15 blue orbs to work with.

Needing to unbind when Isis is unavailable. Hasn't happened yet but I can see a situation where a status immune boss binds my team while I have Orochi up.

Isis can be replaced by any unbindable bind clear especially if you latent for DQ Hera.
Andro is so key to so many water teams, I'm not sure what I'd swap her with. You need the two SBR for most dungeons so I'd start there.
Sumire is mostly a stat stick, but a useful one. Any high HP blue monster can work ideally with an SBR.
Sarasvati is key to having strong actives up turn one, but that can be mitigated by a quick orb changer.

There's probably better team compositions out there but it's the best I think I can do with what my box has.

Thanks for the analysis. Unfortunately, my current team is the only one that I can field with complete SBR. Honestly though, my blue box isn't really deep, so if I was not trying for full SBR, it would basically mean I could run Y'sholta as the only palpable difference. I guess I could run Siegfried, but his awakenings suck. On the other hand he does create water pretty quickly.

I am ashamed--I sold a Water Sorcerer Sharon I rolled on the last godfest. This thread told me not to, but I had already sold her prior to reading the justification. Then, of course, I rolled a Meri. At this point, she feels like she would be a nice addition. Oh well, what can you do?

Quantum

Andromeda

Sumire

Sarasvati

Isis

+ 1 thanks for the analysis. Having rolled meri on my main I'm certainly interested in making a fast consistent arena team and this seem like a good way to go.

I haven't really focused on arena so this is extremely helpful. I hate the crappy gimmicks and with my RNG luck I almost always get shit bosses when I run the arena - its one of my least confident areas but shouldn't be given my available box(s)

Bladelaw

Ouch, yeah it's weird how useful previously garbage rolls have become with new leaders.

I'm looking into making the Yamamoto SDR farm teams since I've got most of the parts (no lailas but 2 Sados) and wondering if anyone here is interested in pairing up to do some test runs?

The teams are usually some variant of:
Yamamoto (Laila, awoken ares, other fire loader)
DK Tsubaki (Sado, laila)
DK Tsubaki (Sado, laila)
(NY ideally)Yamato (Sado, laila)
Tengu (Poison)

Yamamoto (Laila, awoken ares, other fire loader)
DK Tsubaki (Sado, laila)
DK Tsubaki (Sado, laila)
DK Tsubaki (Sado, laila)
(NY ideally)Yamato (Grodin)

Poison holder and Grodin should have 2 SDR, you can probably get away with not needing them elsewhere unless you get unlucky with locked orbs. The Sados/lailas make a quick row and merely speed the whole process up. It's safer than the ALB team, significantly faster but obviously harder to field. I could field either side though I'd be short one red row maker inherit (never seem to pull laila)

The strategy is super simple. FL1 and FL2, make row. FL3, poison, make row, kill. FL4, grodin, make row kill. FL5, make row kill, FL6, flood board, kill.

in the event of an SDR invade just do the same, you'll crack its defense no problem.

jiggle

Yeah ur right
Liking it more now after some testing

I will need more fingers
5 is not enough for my skill level lol

Top Bottom