• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

friz898

All that mythril looks tempting.

I might slowly do it as I go. I always keep all orbs converted up to Majors so.. I'd have to do a bunch of converting.

Probably just do it as I have the 3-4 star orbs from dailies.

(in ref to the new missions)

Today is Wednesday -- so nothing?

Did anybody here know Nemesis was coming last night? Was a nice surprise when I logged in.

I guess I can farm some Vit motes.... what I really need is spirit, badly.

SOLDIER

I've collected 50 Mythril now thanks to the new missions, so I was just wondering which of the two expiring FFVII banners I should roll on?

The first one could get me a cool sword for Cloud and/or gloves for Tifa (she desperately needs an awesome Soul Break), but the second could net me a new gun for Vincent (which he also needs, though I also have him busting out Galian Beast thanks to the last pull).

IMO Banner 1 (Vincent/Red/Shelke) is far better overall. Banner 2 has some nice stuff on it as well, but the bottom of the banner is really crappy.

However, unless you're just super into FF7 (which is totally valid) you might consider waiting a couple of weeks, there are some game changers on the upcoming FF4 and FF5 banners.

Personally I am waiting to pull again for FF7 until the upcoming Turks event. Banner 2 has recurrences of Tifa USB and Shelke BSB, and stuff for waifu Elena. :)

SOLDIER

IMO Banner 1 (Vincent/Red/Shelke) is far better overall. Banner 2 has some nice stuff on it as well, but the bottom of the banner is really crappy.

However, unless you're just super into FF7 (which is totally valid) you might consider waiting a couple of weeks, there are some game changers on the upcoming FF4 and FF5 banners.

Personally I am waiting to pull again for FF7 until the upcoming Turks event. Banner 2 has recurrences of Tifa USB and Shelke BSB, and stuff for waifu Elena. :)

Seeing how I'm late to the RK party, can someone educate me on banners and how people are determining their worth?

In case my avatar and username weren't obvious, I am indeed super into FFVII. Whether by intention or circumstance, FFVII characters also make up my strongest characters currently, so getting more soul breaks for them would be win-win.

Cloud really needs a stronger weapon, as his maxed out dagger is holding him back.

Xetherion

People might rate things differently, but generally i think banners are considered good if most of the relics on the banner offer either strong dps or good utility(buffs, debuffs, healing, etc.), and bad if there's only one or two good relics and the rest are mediocre or bad. This is because due to rng there's no guarantee of getting the top prizes on the banner even if you spend hundreds of mythril, so the consolation prizes need to be good for the banner to be good.

People also take into account things they already have, not wanting to pull relics with similar effects, which leads to some people not drawing on "good" banners, but you're very new so this probably doesn't apply to you yet.

I use reddit threads like this to look at upcoming banners and plan my mythril spending.

Seeing how I'm late to the RK party, can someone educate me on banners and how people are determining their worth?

http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/ is a listing of upcoming events and banners. It's... inconsistently translated, but you can see what's coming up and in some cases get the specifics of the relics that will be featured.

On the FFRK Reddit there is a user called sandslice who does in-depth analyses of current and upcoming relic banners (I don't think these are collected anywhere, you have to search for them).

There's definitely some consensus about which relics are the best, and which banners to aim your mythril at... however, a lot depends on what you already have (a great banner for everyone else can be a bad banner for you if you already have a bunch of dupes on it) and what you're aiming for.

Also, this is just my opinion, but there is more to the game than just min-maxing. Like, the next hot relic coming up might be Bartz's USB because it makes him into a god of spellblade DPS. But if you don't care about Bartz and you'd rather spend the mythril on outfitting your FF7 team because FF7 is your favorite game? More power to you! Nostalgia is a big part of what makes this game fun, and frankly, it's not so difficult that you can't succeed with a wide variety of teams and strategies.

You do need to be careful about chasing one particular weapon though. Many of us can probably tell stories about doing multiple pulls on a banner only to end up with everything except the one relic we were really aiming for. So factor in the entire banner, and don't take it as a guarantee that you can get any one particular thing.

SOLDIER

So, my results:

y4RZkdL.jpg

Woo, I finally got a relic for Tifa!

And....two more duplicates of Barret's weapon that I already had...which makes three total.

.....I guess I'll be turning Barret into one of my big powerhouses.

"Thank you, Keeper (lick)"

friz898

So, my results:

y4RZkdL.jpg

Woo, I finally got a relic for Tifa!

And....two more duplicates of Barret's weapon that I already had...which makes three total.

.....I guess I'll be turning Barret into one of my big powerhouses.

"Thank you, Keeper (lick)"

I'm usually not negative, but that's pretty bad pull.

For you however, being new, it's hard to have a "bad" pull. Glad you got something for Tifa.

Xeth hit everything on banners, follow his advice.

You will see threads like " (link to banner list) I'm not pulling i'm 21/48 on that banner".

Just a bunch of percentages, but if you are only guaranteed 1 5star, and you have nearly half the banner, scary to pull unless you have your reasons.

Except for our resident whales (cpp, did you fully quit?) most of us generally have about 20-33% of the older stuff that have a chance of a dupe.

Alot of variables however.

Me personally, I don't have the discipline to go through count all that and save, with the exception of either a fest which will have like 5 banners in a row and hard to pull on all.......OR if I know I'm going to definitely have the mythril to pull on one of the two event banners, then I will go pay heavy attention to my chance of dupes.

SOLDIER

On the subject of equipment, is it better to max the levels on two identical relics before combining them, or to level up one relic by eating its duplicate (doing this apparently raises its augment level, not sure what that does yet).

Also, I may not have fully grasped how reforging works. I tried this out by leveling and combining a bunch of the crappy 1 star boomerangs I kept earning, so that I could keep Rikku as a ranged character that could still do damage:

1fFCfTf.jpg

Even though I had turned it into a 3 star weapon, I apparently needed a 1 star dark matter to reforge it (how am I supposed to keep track of that?). So I did that, but had planned to keep on upgrading it, but now it won't let me even though I have one of each dark matter now.

I thought all I needed to do was reforge another boomerang to its equivalent level and then combine the two. Am I mistaken? Is there a limit to how many times you can upgrade a weapon?

Xetherion

If you're going to combine, only level up one copy. Do not use the other copy to level it up! You have to get one copy to max level to combine it. When you combine base 5* or higher relics, the augment level goes up. Augment level increases the main stat of the relic by 1 per level, you will see +n next to the main stat where n=augment level.

There is indeed a limit to how many times you can upgrade a weapon, and reforging is the last step you can do. Also, relics' stats still scale upon their base * rating, so a 1*+++ (4* after reforging) will still be weaker than a relic that is base 4*. For this reason, you should never both upgrading 1* or 2* gear, it's a waste of resources. 3* gear may be worth combining for you for awhile, but even that will eventually be outclassed by 4* and higher gear you get.

Reforging is like the next step of combining, except that instead of feeding the relic another copy of itself, you feed it the appropriate Dark Matter.

1. Original relic
2. Level it up to max
3. Feed it an unleveled copy of the same relic, get +
4. Level it up to max
5. Feed it an unleveled copy of the same relic, get ++
6. Level it up to max
7. Feed it a Dark Matter, get +++

Once you have Reforged something once, you are done. The relic cannot be combined or reforged any further. (You can still level it up or Augment it though.)

Hope that is clear.

friz898

Stuff you said.

They covered it above me. Only thing I will add for your "later down the road" knowledge is that. as Xeth said, soon your 3stars will not be worth turning into 5star (combine) or 6star (reforged it).

But I think you have a good few months to go before that happens. Especially on certain realms. I still have one or two 6star (level 3 base) and quite a few 7star (level 4 base) that get use on characters with limited gear or realms with limited relics that I own.

It kinda sucks, but in 6 months give or take a wide margin (because it's hard to say), there will come a time where even a 4star relic on a pull isn't good for ANY realm. All you will care about is rainbows (5 star relics) and disco balls (6 star base relics).

Dark Matter pretends to be rare, but you can get most of what you need from the Fat Choco Store.

Keep asking questions as you can see many here help and nobody minds. I am not sure if all OT are like this, but the only other OT I ever tried to be a part of was MLB the Show for two separate years and there was nothing but drive-by posters.

Edit: Oh and Augments are very rare. Like especially for you. On one hand, for something so rare and hard to get, they don't do much but give you +1 to the main stat of the item. On the other hand, you're going to get them anyway, so might as well use them. I have several top-tier items fully augmented, and well, it DOES make a difference.

They are upgraded through Rosetta Stones. You may get a rare 1 or 2 from some kind of special event. But most come from the weekly events from d180 (1 stone) and d220 (5 stones) battles. I might be off a hair, but the general point is when you DO get them, be sure about where you spend them, perhaps even ask here.

I've never created Entrust before now, so... win! The others, no big deal to create and shatter. Or I guess I could just have another spare Wrath/Banishing Strike/Lifesiphon.
Remember if you want to keep the abilities you might have to spend mythril on ability slots.

I also have yet to create entrust. I hear it's a pretty big deal for magicite dungeons (as your support isn't doing a whole lot with breaks). Apart from that baffled to it as to why it is a newcomers mission as full break is normally what is recomended for newcomers.

friz898

Remember if you want to keep the abilities you might have to spend mythril on ability slots.

I also have yet to create entrust. I hear it's a pretty big deal for magicite dungeons (as your support isn't doing a whole lot with breaks). Apart from that baffled to it as to why it is a newcomers mission as full break is normally what is recomended for newcomers.

I have never created it either. I always have something my people could be doing instead of Wrath to Entrust to someone.

Now Wrath I shattered a long time ago, but I may recreate it. That ability is useful still, especially on raids where there is 8 characters covering the job of 5.

Pulled on VII-2. My bad luck continues.

Aerith SSB
Off banner FFT Poison Rod. That doesnt even boost poison, just a chance to poison(by attacking with the rod?). Derp.

Wanted wind anything.

Xetherion

Wrath is great for mages with 4* SUP access. I actually have 2 copies, one for Raines and one for Fujin, who are both staples on my main team. Sometimes I take Fujin out for Vincent, who can also Wrath.

Tidd

Wrath is great for mages with 4* SUP access. I actually have 2 copies, one for Raines and one for Fujin, who are both staples on my main team. Sometimes I take Fujin out for Vincent, who can also Wrath.

And don't forget about the awesome Rosa wrath/USB spam which makes you literally invincible against magic only enemies.

Yeah I'm really liking having Wrath on Y'shtola and Larsa as healers. If no one particularly needs a heal that turn, speed up the next BSB cast instead.

Also great for supports like Irvine or Faris with multiple stacking debuff SBs, makes it easier to keep everything applied at the same time.

Off banner FFT Poison Rod. That doesnt even boost poison, just a chance to poison(by attacking with the rod?). Derp.
It always irked me how the translation made Poison (status) and poison (element) the same word with only a case difference to separate them (which was not always translated correctly either). It lead to that derp-tastic accessory; the Poison Ring (VII) which used to read something like "minor resistance to Poison, moderate poison resistance" but seems to now actually clarify element.

Thank goodness we can sort equipment better now as well so I've not even noticed the text improvement.

You also made me look up and find out the 3* FFVI Poison Rod actually does boost element damage...which makes the off banner stat stick even worse. There are worse off banners I suppose.

Holy crap. I just beat Nemesis Apex with a random lobby group. One of the most tense fights ever. At one point he had us all down with no last stand after one of his big aoe just to double tap us with a boundless Ultima. We all thought it was over because of all the 'Uh oh' stickers, but we were saved by a magic blink I had applied with Tyro a lot earlier that somehow hadn't already been used. It gave me just enough time to put up a Selphie USB and keep on trucking.

The worst part was the game hanging a few times in the last quarter of his life nearly giving me a heart attack. That was tough, but a lot of fun.

Party in case anyone cares:
Cloud (BSB2, USB, fully dived, R2 omega strike)
Vaan (bsb)
Tyro (BSB, USB, SG, fully dived, power breakdown, wrath)
Selphie (USB, curaja, shell)
Raijin (SSB, 2x lifesiphon)
Alphinaud (SSB, curaja, curaise)
Tyro (USB, SG, full break dance, wrath)
Yuna (USB, ultra cure, protect)

A little short on healing, but it worked. Cloud doing most the hard lifting while the rest of us survived long enough for Nem to kill himself. Took about 30 min.

I'm not doing Apex myself, I already beat Vanilla Nemesis and don't want the trouble. MP? Ugh

I felt the same way, but it sort of gnawed at me as I've literally mastered all the content ever released for the game (even did all the old missions), so I felt like I had to try.

Actually beat him with the second group I joined.

Tidd

YES! Alphinaud will get the "medium chance to doublecast summon abilities" from his Legend Dive! Six months to go!

SOLDIER

Reforging is like the next step of combining, except that instead of feeding the relic another copy of itself, you feed it the appropriate Dark Matter.

1. Original relic
2. Level it up to max
3. Feed it an unleveled copy of the same relic, get +
4. Level it up to max
5. Feed it an unleveled copy of the same relic, get ++
6. Level it up to max
7. Feed it a Dark Matter, get +++

Once you have Reforged something once, you are done. The relic cannot be combined or reforged any further. (You can still level it up or Augment it though.)

Hope that is clear.

When you say "feed it", do you mean combining the equipment, or to add it through leveling up?

If it's the former, then you're not getting any exp if you've already maxed out the equipment.

Does this process also apply to non-relic equipment as well? So there's no benefit at all to maxing two pieces of equipment before combining them? I just need to max one out and combine it with its level 1 twin?

friz898

Yes, no benefit. Don't do it.

Good Morning Guys.

Forgot about that rebirth coming last night. But as I posted previously, Garuda was very easy. I didn't use a synergy team, just the normal A team, I did use Cloud RW which I do when I don't need something.

Always fun to see the big 5 digit spam.

I guess today I'll clear the FF 13 newcomer stuff for mythril.

I re-created Wrath last night, had the orbs to hone it to rank 4 immediately.

I'll have 25 mythril today. As I can't resist a half-price draw, I imagine I'll pull on 13 since the ff7 one is so scary.

Oh, also, should I actually be taking FF15 serious right now? As in, we have several events planned and other characters? or Noctis and the rehash of June we are getting tonight?

Oh, also, should I actually be taking FF15 serious right now? As in, we have several events planned and other characters? or Noctis and the rehash of June we are getting tonight?

Tonight's event adds Gladio and Iris. The next event after this one adds Prompto and Aranea. I'm waiting until then to pull on any of the banners.

friz898

Tonight's event adds Gladio and Iris. The next event after this one adds Prompto and Aranea. I'm waiting until then to pull on any of the banners.

Ah ok, well then perhaps I'll save my mythril for a pull on a FF15 banner. It won't be serious anytime soon, but ... of course I have nothing for it other than free weapon.

Balphon

Aranea's items aren't any better than Gladio's. Both are fairly average overall.

Prompto has some really good machinist stuff, though.

friz898

Time on the notice for the FFXV stuff is tonight.

Despite the fact that it says the campaign is "underway."

You didnt feel the "underway'ness" going on when the clock hit 8am Central today?

Immediately everything about my day was FF XV related! You guys are missing out!

To truly celebrate, everybody here should complete dailies with only Noctis. If necessary, it is okay to include Tyro.

I didn't get the 5 mythril login bonus for the FFXV campaign today. Did anyone else get it, or are we getting it tomorrow maybe?

Days ago I remember reading 18th for start of 25 mythril or something.

Garuda was a joke. Didnt even bring Strago. Luneth with nothing but the jump-wind requirements. OK, Vaan, Arc, Ingus.

Not completing some of the earlier CM 300s has me 7 short on spirit, wisdom and dex to finish off Terra and Vaan. :(

Aranea's items aren't any better than Gladio's. Both are fairly average overall.

I was going to respond that Aranea is a lot hotter than Gladio... but now, after thinking about it, I'm not sure. That's a maybe.

I do already have Noctis' OSB though, and the next XV event is only like two months away, I think.

Balphon

I think smoldering is the word for Gladio.

I pulled once and went 2/11 - Noctis BSB, Iris SSB. Decent result overall and pretty good for future CM purposes. Debating a second pull but thinking I will wait and try once on the next event for a chance at something for Prompto.

Shadow780

100-pull gave me Noctis OSB, from the description it reads like a weaker ver. of TGC's OSB, since the duration of reduced action only lasts for the duration of the shield?

Rubenov

100-pull gave me Noctis OSB, from the description it reads like a weaker ver. of TGC's OSB, since the duration of reduced action only lasts for the duration of the shield?

Yes, but any shield will "replenish" it (like Yshtola's asylum) so you can keep using the effect.

Balphon

Essentially, though the buff will last as long as there's a continuous stoneskin effect on Noctis so you can keep it up indefinitely if you're lucky and have the tools. Synergizes well with his USB since that includes a 100% stoneskin.

FFXV ...

100 gem: Trash.

1st pull: Gladiolus LMR, OSB, SSB.

2nd pull: Iris SSB.

3rd pull: Noctis OSB, Noctis BSB, Noctis SSB, Gladiolus BSB.

So yeah -- out of mythril, but damn. I LOVE Noctis, so.

SOLDIER

I got a new iPad, restored everything from the previous iPad via backup, all's good on that end.

But when I try to move my RK save from my iPhone to my iPad, I've run into issues. If I try to account link via Facebook, it just loads indefinitely. If I use the Gamecenter option, it says that there's a game already associated with this account, and won't let me transfer it either.

Any ideas? I primarily play RK on my phone but I wanted to enjoy a bigger screen for a bit.

I really wish it would just sync the game between devices like a normal mobile game. I get especially paranoid over overwriting the wrong save and losing everything.

Rubenov

Pulled till I got Noctis' SSB; will use the insta-cast + party insta-cast 1 to shoot for sub 30 seconds clears in the upcoming magi cite dungeons.

Kain

Pulled because fuck it why not and got 1/11, as always, Iris' BSB. Didn't have any Astra yet so yay, more tools!

Now to try and scavenge some mythtril for the IV banner...

friz898

100 gem was trash.

Did the event today.

Iris and Gladio now 80.

The d220 was one of the easiest ones in a long time. My A-team is all physical melee damage anyway, so the high resistance didn't matter. On top of that, with wall up, Titan has nothing to worry about on damage.

Going to go do the raids and figure out who to break next with MC3.

jnWake

I think I'm done playing for a while. Gachas take a lot of time...

Gonna do a last pull with the current bonus tho, better spend my Mythril!

Top Bottom