• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd Strike legend, Kuroda, is going through suicidal depression

As someone who struggles with suicidal depression to this day I pray he finds help. I hope he gets help wherever he can. and those likes on twitter, damn...

Syril

IIRC Japan has always had crazy high suicide rates. Probably a consequence of its extremely high stakes, highly competitive, highly conformative work culture. If you're not a perfectly fitting piece of the machinery, society shuns you.

It's something of a confluence of factors. Mainstream recognition of depression has been a serious issue as well as the stigmatizing of mental illness in general. Also, suicide in Japan historically hasn't had the same negative connotations that we're used to today.

Blueblur1

Aww jeez, this is horrible. Depression is always so awful but this is especially hurtful to see. I hope he can get better and that he doesn't do any lasting physical harm to himself.

(I saw some of his likes. I don't know to ask what the hell that was.)

Fuck, if you know anything at all about Street Fighter beyond Daigo vs Justin, it's how Kuroda is the closest man can get to a deity in Third Strike. Hearing this absolutely sucks, especially since he's been having bouts with depression for a while. I sincerely hope he gets better, as it would be horrible to have to lose an icon like this, not even including the wrenching for those who know him well.

Crayon

I don't think we can do much for him. But if you have a friend going through this, help them. If your friend is depressed they may be having a hard time doing basic stuff. Figure out what they need help with and jump in.

Best wishes, Kuroda.

Izuna

Banned
I love, LOVE his 3SO gameplay

I want nothing more than for him to get better.

edit: uuuuuuuuuugh Japan is so trash when it comes to mental health issues...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Dude is a legend, loved watching his stuff back in the day.

Just getting this out there is huge on his own so now he can get the type of responses and discussions he wants with people, so hopefully this sets him on the right path.

El Sloth

Banned
Top Bottom