• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

DrDogg

Video game awards is still a thing right. Maybe we will see something there.

Game Awards - 12/7
PSX - 12/9-12/10
Jump Festa - 12/16-12/17
V-Jump - 12/16-12/18

I don't know if we'll see any DBFZ reveals at Game Awards with so much stuff following it. V-Jump will announce at least 2 new characters, and I imagine any additional December character announcements would happen at Jump Festa over any of the other events.

I think at best Game Awards might get a gameplay trailer for the characters being announced in November... but then you get a fresh batch of characters announced a week later, so even that seems unlikely.

delta_reg

You know, just realized it but I'm kinda disappointed Captain Ginyu doesn't have his scouter on apparently. Scouters just look cool imo and are kind of a signature of early DBZ at this point. Maybe the developers felt it wouldn't fit if after he changed bodies his previous body still kept the scouter on.

Spman2099

You know, just realized it but I'm kinda disappointed Captain Ginyu doesn't have his scouter on apparently. Scouters just look cool imo and are kind of a signature of early DBZ at this point. Maybe the developers felt it wouldn't fit if after he changed bodies his previous body still kept the scouter on.

That is a little disappointing.

Takeru

The videos I'm finding are, but that doesn't mean MS has the marketing. If MS got the marketing I really doubt the version that YouTubers were brought into play would have been the PS4 version.

This is incorrect. When YouTubers went to play it was at Bandai HQ. If you play it anywhere else it's all MS.

MS definitely has a hand in this.

E3 - The game was only playable at the MS booth
EVO - MS even handed out MS related prizes to tourny winners

All of the cons the game was present at was using MS consoles.

This is incorrect. When YouTubers went to play it was at Bandai HQ. If you play it anywhere else it's all MS.

MS definitely has a hand in this.

E3 - The game was only playable at the MS booth
EVO - MS even handed out MS related prizes to tourny winners

All of the cons the game was present at was using MS consoles.

I never said they played it at MS, I said the version Bandai had them play and record videos of was the PS4 version, which wouldn't happen if it the game had an MS marketing deal. YouTuber marketing is a huge part of how Bandai Namco markets DB games in North America.
Also someone here already said the game was playable on both Xbox and PS4 at Gamescom.

I guess it would be annoying to adjust the scouter depending on which side of the screen Ginyu's at, and it would look silly if they just mirrored it.

TreIII

I guess it would be annoying to adjust the scouter depending on which side of the screen Ginyu's at, and it would look silly if they just mirrored it.

And that much would only be worsened, if they bothered to go the extra step of having the "Ginyu" version of the character sport a scouter, as well.

Skab

So according to the character cards, it looks like Tien actually has a solar flare super in addition to his two tri-beams. And Yamcha has two spirit ball supers.

https://imgur.com/a/vKGsQ

Also the scans with the story mode info call Vegeta a TSUNDERE ELITE lmao

At the very end of the story mode, as the heroes thought they won the battle...

fUHDYrf.png

(Let me dream!)

Spman2099

It is nice to see that Tenshinhan has his solar flare... but I am getting nervous about the multiform. Honestly, I thought Tenshinhan was going to come loaded with a ton of techniques. That was what he was known for in Dragon Ball. The dude had every trick in the book.

That's almost as bad as the Overwatch boxart. What's with these team games only putting one character on the box? I'm getting the pc version but still...

Peléo

the other screen has ginyu on the 2p side so it does make sense that it would be mirrored

HA, at least Nappa has one good thing about him being in the game

Is that also why they don't have the visor? Otherwise it would keep changing eyes like Sagat's eyepatch?

Egida

Neo Member
Ugly box art. Then again, I've been waiting for so long for a db game like this that I don't care if it comes wrapped in old newspaper rags.

Top Bottom