• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*wonders how 4Kids would have handled this flashback since Little Garden was cut and Elbaf wasn't mentioned*

Yeah I know dead subject, but it's sometimes fun to speculate how 4Kids would handle the darker aspects of the series or the plot holes they created through their ineptitude and their hurry to Chopper merch.

turmoil

Banned
The year of Usopp will be so glorious.

Wait a moment, every year is the year of Usopp

*wonders how 4Kids would have handled this flashback since Little Garden was cut and Elbaf wasn't mentioned*

Yeah I know dead subject, but it's sometimes fun to speculate how 4Kids would handle the darker aspects of the series or the plot holes they created through their ineptitude and their hurry to Chopper merch.

The fuck?? They cut Little Garden? If One Piece had had a competent anime in the west back in the day maybe it would have DBZ popularity.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The fuck?? They cut Little Garden? If One Piece had had a competent anime in the west back in the day maybe it would have DBZ popularity.

They cut both Laboon and Little Garden. They also cut Apis but nobody cares.
The former kind of makes sense as this was years before Thriller Bark and Brook (though if they still had the license, they would have been fucked so hard)
The major speculation was that the show was failing so they rushed it to get to the money-making mascot known as Chopper. That only made things worse.

They didn't even want it. Toei shoved it in a package deal with Ultimate Muscle extra episodes and Ojamajo Doremi (people say Shaman King, but that's wrong because that was produced by Xebac).

I like to think that if Funimation got it, it would be huge. But seeing so many people complain about the art (which I will NEVER understand), I have trouble believing that...

turmoil

Banned
I like to think that if Funimation got it, it would be huge. But seeing so many people complain about the art (which I will NEVER understand), I have trouble believing that...

I get the attitude, when you're a teenager that watches manly DB and stylized Naruto you see the guy stretching its arms, the guy wielding a sword with his mount, the one with a long nose plus the artstyle and think: This looks ridiculous, it must be for little kids

I confess it my brothers and sisters, I sinned and brought shame down on me.

At least I always hated Sasuke

Red Fire

I get the attitude, when you're a teenager that watches manly DB and stylized Naruto you see the guy stretching its arms, the guy wielding a sword with his mount, the one with a long nose plus the artstyle and think: This looks ridiculous, it must be for little kids

I confess it my brothers and sisters, I sinned and brought shame down on me.

At least I always hated Sasuke

latest

latest

OnePiece419Sanji1.jpg

180px-StellyProfil.png

Lola_One_Piece_1023.jpg

3282039_1372356716557.28res_267_300.jpg

latest

729e12637ada6916de51aff5cbea55c4.jpg

caliph95

Useless trash for useless characters.
There is something funny about them letting items that can kill you to be sold when multi-shadow technique was banned

Veelk

Banned
How the hell did I get into the Naruto thread?

If you think I'm harsh on One Piece, dis fuckin manga...

bjork

I had a customer once ask me if Naruto could beat the Wing Gundam, and he was super serious about it. I forget what my answer was, but I think I said "I don't watch anime" and he got super bummed out.

Ogodei

They cut both Laboon and Little Garden. They also cut Apis but nobody cares.
The former kind of makes sense as this was years before Thriller Bark and Brook (though if they still had the license, they would have been fucked so hard)
The major speculation was that the show was failing so they rushed it to get to the money-making mascot known as Chopper. That only made things worse.

They didn't even want it. Toei shoved it in a package deal with Ultimate Muscle extra episodes and Ojamajo Doremi (people say Shaman King, but that's wrong because that was produced by Xebac).

The problem is the East Blue Saga as a whole. It's above-average anime watching but not particularly compelling except for the Arlong Park Arc, whereas Naruto gets to the good stuff (Land of Waves and then Chunin Exams) pretty quickly, and OP doesn't start to get really awesome until Whiskey Peak.

Veelk

Banned
I wonder if I can get someone to summarize how the entire run of Fairy Tale actually went. Because while I heard enough about how it handles it's resolutions and depicts it's characters to know I don't want to touch it, I don't actually know what happens in it. I know there are guilds and they fight to be the top guild and that's basically it.

Can't solo my boy Naruto though ��

Also i don't know how sasuke should deal with logias without haki ��

Left your boy Naruto in a ditch in part 1, crying on the floor at the beginning of Part 2 and bleeding to death at the end of Part 2 ;)
I thought a common rule with inter universe fights was energy being the same: chakra = haki.

Top Bottom