• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did Emily Rogers just hint at Mother 3's NA Release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Reddit. Apparently Emily Rogers (whose account is protected) tweeted this:

oHoKoBD.png

And reportedly, she had also tweeted--but since deleted--this:

One last thing before I vanish: Don't be surprised if Nintendo celebrates a game's 10th anniversary this year...Just some food for thought.

Mother 3, of course, came out in 2006 in Japan. So now with Earthbound rereleased on Virtual Console, and Mother 1 finally released here as Earthbound Beginnings, could Mother 3 finally be on the way?

Edit: Emily's since started to deny she meant anything by the tweet, but before then, several other people had chimed in all but confirming it

Liam.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I want to believe

RPGamer92

Banned
It feels like they've been building up to it with releasing Earthbound and Beginnings on VC and bringing Lucas back to Smash.

It'd probably be good timing; got both Earthbound and Mother [1] onto Virtual Console within the past two years, and Mother-esque games are all the rage right now with indie hits like LISA and Undertale... why not capitalize on that?

Makes sense really. Would be weird if they localised the first and didn't bother with the third.

Normally I'd agree, but the first game was already localized for the NES, it just never came out, much like Star Fox 2 on SNES. A test cartridge was eventually dumped to the internet as a ROM, and it took a few years after that but Nintendo finally released it on the Wii U Virtual Console

Nibel

As crazy as it might sound to some: I wouldn't be surprised by this at all. They've been pushing the Mother franchise for a while now and of course it has to lead up to something.

amnesiac

Bill Trinen also hinted at it awhile ago.

It's clearly happening.

Hope they do something special and make it a physical trilogy release rather than just another eshop title. (I can dream, right?)

Digital-only VC release make sense now that digital distribution is a thing. Localization would still be a bitch but maybe Nintendo could buy the translated text off of Tomato and then they can make whatever changes they want before the re-release? Not sure how possible that would be since the translation was already skirting copyright protection. (then again they wouldn't buy his code, just the translated text)

Malus

Nintendo intentionally leaking all this so we think they're out of ammo for their next Direct, only to unveil the super megaton we've all been waiting for.

Jungle Beat 2

Okay, but this is the last goddamn time I get my hopes up.

Nintendo intentionally leaking all this so we think they're out of ammo for their next Direct, only to unveil the super megaton we've all been waiting for.

Jungle Beat 2

Day one.

Bill Trinen also hinted at it awhile ago.

It's clearly happening.

Hope they do something special and make it a physical trilogy release rather than just another eshop title. (I can dream, right?)

I would kill for a physical release of the Mother trilogy on 3DS. Bonus points if it includes a Mach Pizza air freshener.

Syril

That would certainly be something, but I'll believe it when it happens.
Digital-only VC release make sense now that digital distribution is a thing. Localization would still be a bitch but maybe Nintendo could buy the translated text off of Tomato and then they can make whatever changes they want before the re-release? Not sure how possible that would be since the translation was already skirting copyright protection.
Not as much as the soundtrack is.

pizzacat

Banned

Jungle Beat 2
It will also be the only game allowing 2 gamepads

Nintendo on a roll

GAMERG0D

I'm going to be disappointed when it has a dark filter like the other GBA VC releases.

But it's better than not having it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom