• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Place your bets: 'Wonder Woman' Box Office performance

Maybe "bomb" was the wrong word but it's certainly not going to do too hot in a fair chunk of the markets, namely Chinese markets.

Chinese markets have zero interest in a World War 1 flick.
They have been teaming up with Tencent and had their promo tour start there. I feel it can do decent to good over there.

Theorry

Really curious about the opening weekend. Prediction bumped it up to 111 ow after the social embargo. Now the real reviews dropped and those are good also. Would be crazy to see it go to 130. Tho everything close to 100m is already great.

Theorry

"Now open in all 55 offshore markets where she’s debuting this weekend, Warner Bros’ Wonder Woman has racked up a total of $47.1 million through Friday at the international box office. That’s coming off an additional $28M yesterday on 34,335 screens — nearly half of them of them in China."

DeathyBoy

Banned
Depends on who you're talking about. Acting as if it's a given that Wonder Woman makes Doctor Strange-type money seems a bit of a risky proposal.

gal-gadot-reveals-wonder-woman-s-sexuality-is-part-of-her-power-807961.gif

Theorry

That would be awesome and well deserved and send the right message.

Nah not gonna happen. Its gonna have a 200m world wide opening where BvS and SS had even more. Sure worth of mouth is gonna help it. But SS had also crazy legs and didnt get to 1B. It will hit arround 700m is my guess. And we should be crazy happy about that.

Nah not gonna happen. Its gonna have a 200m world wide opening where BvS and SS had even more. Sure worth of mouth is gonna help it. But SS had also crazy legs and didnt get to 1B. It will hit arround 700m is my guess. And we should be crazy happy about that.
I'm surpriaed that SS had legs. Maybe a Deadpool situation can happen here.

DeathyBoy

Banned

How about...

762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

Phased

Folks was low balling the hell outta this one.

I mean it was a pretty safe call. Female led superhero movie that reviewed poorly probably wouldn't have done gang busters.

Thankfully a lot of people (including myself in this thread I think) were wrong. It's nice to see a strong DC movie.

CREMSteve

So does WW make 800M at this point?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $395,443,706 50.3%
+ Foreign: $390,600,000 49.7%
= Worldwide: $786,043,706

So does WW make 800M at this point?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $395,443,706 50.3%
+ Foreign: $390,600,000 49.7%
= Worldwide: $786,043,706

I think it's damn near guaranteed. It's still selling millions per week in the US alone, and its drops are staggeringly small. So if it sticks around a 30% drop, I could definitely see it pushing past.

Also, it's rather amusing looking at this thread. Some people predicted $200 million lmao

I think it's damn near guaranteed. It's still selling millions per week in the US alone, and its drops are staggeringly small. So if it sticks around a 30% drop, I could definitely see it pushing past.

Also, it's rather amusing looking at this thread. Some people predicted $200 million lmao

I guessed sub-200M domestic due to a great deal of pessimism over the last three DC movies and Captain America: TFA's performance. >_>

I thought I posted here again on how happy I am to have been wrong.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Glad my original, somewhat pessimistic predictions in regards to how this film would perform ultimately turned out to be incorrect. I still really need to see this film.

Top Bottom