• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Happy that jaymes is gone. I think Kimora has more to show.

Also happy that Cynthia is back but can they edit out some of the cucus? It grates on me so much

lmao yeah

cynthia is really, really nice, from what we hear about her from the other queens she is genuinely caring and kind backstage. i remember in one of the s8 untuckeds someone mentioned that she literally went around the workroom checking on and helping people before the runways.

but the "cucu" thing is so. damn. annoying. if she could just... stop with it for like 10 minutes i think i would like her "character" as much as i like who she is as a person.

Shizuka

lmao yeah

cynthia is really, really nice, from what we hear about her from the other queens she is genuinely caring and kind backstage. i remember in one of the s8 untuckeds someone mentioned that she literally went around the workroom checking on and helping people before the runways.

but the "cucu" thing is so. damn. annoying. if she could just... stop with it for like 10 minutes i think i would like her "character" as much as i like who she is as a person.

Bob did. It was interesting that the queens said the same thing on this past Untucked.

valeu

draggity ever after seems like an acting challenge. who do we think can't act?

also, i think if i were a drag queen i might take offense at the topic name. cross-dressing is heterosexual men who get a sexual thrill secretly wearing women's clothes. drag is largely gay men who perform as women in clubs as a profession

draggity ever after seems like an acting challenge. who do we think can't act?

also, i think if i were a drag queen i might take offense at the topic name. cross-dressing is heterosexual men who get a sexual thrill secretly wearing women's clothes. drag is largely gay men who perform as women in clubs as a profession
it's a quote from alyssa edwards roast in season 5

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I suppose it wouldn't be racially appropriate, but Kimora could slay some mid-90s Prince aesthetic on the runway.

Thinking on it now, I'm really loving this season so far - I feel like they have a great selection of queens, which I didn't really feel about season 8.

but my worry is that it's going to be like everything post season 5 where everything is a group challenge. like i get that it makes for better commercials and gifs because it's all coordinated and stuff but 90% of the time performance is determined by which role they're given, and their personalities don't really come through in the group challenges the same way they do in the solo challenges. on top of that, the group challenges often look really messy - like look at that cheer thing last week and tell me it looked good. the girl who won, valentina, had terrible form during her cartwheels and yet she was still better than most. the group challenges are just really ill suited to showing off individual, creative strengths.

there was one thing someone in the untucked said which was like "can we all agree that this was the most strenuous challenge yet?" and everyone was like "yeah" but that challenge had nothing on the barrage of 3 look episodes towards the end of season 3. those challenges were also a much better showcase of the queens' personalities and talents.

You got: You never actually make it on the show
You try out every year, but never get a callback. But hey, that's OK! You'll always have your Drag Race recap blog, which only your Aunt Janice reads.

Jfksjfkdkckfl

Yado

You got: You'd make it just shy of the top 3
The competition is fierce! You almost made the top three, but you were edged out for some reason. Hold your head high and start selling t-shirts on Instagram, gurl!

tumblr_inline_on8ui0DAUX1r086fu_500.gif

You try out every year, but never get a callback. But hey, that's OK! You'll always have your Drag Race recap blog, which only your Aunt Janice reads.

Jfksjfkdkckfl

loool iconic

You got: You'd make it just shy of the top 3
The competition is fierce! You almost made the top three, but you were edged out for some reason. Hold your head high and start selling t-shirts on Instagram, gurl!

tumblr_inline_on8ui0DAUX1r086fu_500.gif

Not you getting Tiffany's arc on CBB! Slay!

giphy.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~

Jfksjfkdkckfl

i got this the fucking shady hoes

Rayis

Valentina looks beautiful everytime she steps into the runway, speaking of the runway, not a fan of the runway song they're using this season.

Aja
fucking did THAT! good bye
Kimora
proper elimination

kirblar

We just watched Aja murder someone live on air. Holy crap.

Her actual lip syncing didn't seem to be on point but holy hell everything else was.

Gradon

Thoughts on looks

Valentina and Nina were my favourites of the night.
Nina is painted AMAZINGLY, and Valentina keeps surprising me!
Everything she does is so graceful and beautiful. Can't wait to see more.

Thoughts on bottom 2 / lip sync

I really like Aja but I understand why she was in the bottom, her outfit was a mess. I didn't get it all. I hope she steps her pussy up because I really love her rough kind of look, she just needs to bring out a better concept.

She literally butchered Kimora in that lip sync. I loved it, maybe a bit out of sync in some places BUT ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT was Tandi Iman Dupree's performance and how perfect her performance was! That can't be topped I'm afraid.

I liked this episode.

We just watched
Aja
murder someone live on air. Holy crap.

Her actual lip syncing didn't seem to be on point but holy hell everything else was.

A true talent fights best when their back's against the wall. I didn't really understand the
Aja
hype especially since her makeup is so horrible, but that performance convinced me. Other than that
Nina
got not a single line in the show, but her looks was cool. I am eager to see what she has to say in untucked.
Farrah
, poor baby she's not going to mentally be able to take it if they keep requiring her to sew.
Sasha's
look was forgettable. I forgot she even walked.
Trinity
was perfect tonight.
Cynthia's
story had me on the verge of tears. Overall a tight episode, but please no more Wendy. Her chemistry with co-hosts is so weird.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
That was a really unique episode... Not necessarilly all good, though. I thought there were a few fails in there.

But anyway, I think someone else should have won. 🤔

OMG. At the meltdown in untucked.

Girl. Bye.
Link?

Lol in what world is Kimora unlikable
Um, in every world, universe, and parallel dimension.

She can't act, can't sew, can't read a line, can't sell a joke, doesn't know what an adjective is. She is a look queen, and can't even get the look right.

So like, bitch, why are you even on the show

amaretto

I can't believe someone as bland as Kimora could even inspire such comments. Like, she's pretty much a joke in the Drag Race scheme of things lol. Girl's a sweetheart though.

Also, Trinity is the one to watch imo with Valentina right on her heels.

Matt_

perplexed at kimora and how she makes a living

Omg!!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

I'm just going to cut to the chase...
Aja
is SOOOOOOOO disrespectful glgkgkfjfrj!!!! 😂😂 When she dropped into the first split, I was like "Ok, this is point number one". Then sis went all the way to the back of the runway and that's when I knew it was over.
Kimora
just showed how boring she was throughout that entire lip sync and this is the girl from
VEGAS
!?
I would imagine she would have gone all out after being on the bottom the night before but no
, it's like she gave up.

Aja
gave me legit chills. I was in my room with my friends and we were living when she got gully towards the end. She then commuted a double homicide walking right in front of ole girl and death dropped right there. Straight up gutted her! Gave her no chance at redemption lmao! Best lip sync of the season especially coming back from that really whack on last episode. So happy the winner won and bye to the snooze fest. I can't wait until next Friday.

Matt_

ajas fucking tantrum in untcuked jaysus

B-Dex

You're perfect 💯, you're beautiful 👰, you look 👀 like Linda Evangelista 💃.. You're a model 💋 💅. Everything 🔁 about you ☞ is perfect 💯! Did you stone 💎 those tights 👢 ?
Oh, you're smiling 👱 ! They eat 🍽 her up 🔝 EVERY🕛SINGLE🕧TIME🕗 she's on that damned 👹 stage 🏁.
She 😡*ftsdbsds*😣. She could walk 👣 out there in a fucking 😠 diaper 👶 and they'll 👥 be like 🗣: "Valentina! 👰 Your smile 👄 is beautiful! 😍".

Gradon

ajas fucking tantrum in untcuked jaysus

2c2147c5ba125dea3bfa0262c573aaa6.gif

Her attitude was not cute, I was really liking her too.
I hope this isn't common throughout the series with her.

It's saying something when Kimora was more graceful than she was about being in the bottom...
...again.
Kimora's exit was cute, she was being so nice to everyone.

royalan

I wasn't impressed with Aja's lipsync.

Sure she had energy, but she didn't know the lyrics and her dancing was so frantic that literally any song could have been playing in the background. I dunno, my favorite lipsyncs are the ones where the queens are living the song.

And I mean...it's "Holding out for a Hero"...that is an ICONIC song to lipsync to. The lyrics are so dramatic. Give me DRAMA. And if you gonna do all that dancing, at least be on beat.

And I'm glad the judges finally clocked Aja's makeup, but they didn't go in hard enough because, whew girl!, that shit's a mess.

God, these young queens suck.

Jasmine Masters had it wrong. RuPaul's Drag Race didn't fuck up drag. Instagram did.

kirblar

Kimora was rolling around on the stage doing sultry poses during a super-high energy song.

Ridiculously super high energy was what the song asked for and that's what Aja delivered. Both of them clearly didn't know the lyrics, but Aja understood what the song needed.

It's like the inverse of the Bob/Derrick showdown, where Derrick went high-energy on a song that absolutely did NOT warrant it.

Charlie looking literally half her age while Aja hasn't learned to hide her acne scarring on-stage is such a crazy juxtaposition.

Kimora was rolling around on the stage doing sultry poses during a super-high energy song.

Ridiculously super high energy was what the song asked for and that's what Aja delivered. Both of them clearly didn't know the lyrics, but Aja understood what the song needed.

It's like the inverse of the Bob/Derrick showdown, where Derrick went high-energy on a song that absolutely did NOT warrant it.

Charlie looking literally half her age while Aja hasn't learned to hide her acne scarring on-stage is such a crazy juxtaposition.
Latrice and Kenya lipping Aretha will never stop being the most hilarious contrast ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom