• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

isny

napkin dispenser
Man, this one was a pain to design. Hopefully someone can make a better one.

KdJKGl.jpg

Roto13

What's the max number of colours you can use in a puzzle? And what's the max resolution? I want to know if I can make overly complicated SNES sprite levels. xP

CoolS

What's the max number of colours you can use in a puzzle? And what's the max resolution? I want to know if I can make overly complicated SNES sprite levels. xP

As far as I can tell it's 16x16, unless you unlock more as you go. As for colors, if I remember correctly it was 10 colors per puzzle, but you can customize the 10 colors the way you want.

Roto13

As far as I can tell it's 16x16, unless you unlock more as you go. As for colors, if I remember correctly it was 10 colors per puzzle, but you can customize the 10 colors the way you want.

Hmm, 24 pixels would have been nice but I can work with 16. And 10 colours will do. :p

i apologize. we did get 4 swords......
And Gargolye's Quest, and Super Mario Land 2, and Metroid 2, and Mario's Picross, and Kirby's Adventure, and Freakyforms, and...

CoolS

I can't get over how fun the concept is despite being so simple. I want more cool stuff like this on the eshop :)

Jazzem

Really enjoying this! Great little puzzler., it seems to have quite a lot of levels too.

My contribution:

hni0049t.jpg

Had to modify the sprite a bit to make it work, plus it doesn't make for a particularly challenging level...but still, was fun to put together!

Kai

When Miyamoto said he is going to focus on smaller games - this is what I had in mind. This type of experience is amazing.

This has now passed Cut the Rope as my new favorite handheld quick game for fun!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
They struck gold with this design. I'm only on the Level 1 Challenges, and I'm already hooked. And it being in 3D actually helps when you're trying to view the whole puzzle from the front. It's easily one of the best games on the eShop.

CoolS

Really enjoying this! Great little puzzler., it seems to have quite a lot of levels too.

My contribution:

hni0049t.jpg

Had to modify the sprite a bit to make it work, plus it doesn't make for a particularly challenging level...but still, was fun to put together!

I liked it but I think untill you acess ladders and tubes you can't make really difficult puzzles.

I also love how some puzzles look like they will be a pain and are really easy in the end.

Jazzem

I liked it but I think untill you acess ladders and tubes you can't make really difficult puzzles.

I also love how some puzzles look like they will be a pain and are really easy in the end.

Oh wow, you get access to those later on? Nice! Might have to come back and modify the level down the line in that case :p

The game is really good. I hope more games from Nintendo come out like this. Just simple, but polished games that you can pick up and play anytime.

Thoroughly loving this. I think intelligent systems is easily one of the best studios within Nintendo. Best game on the E-Shop, IMO, at least as far as original games go.

The levels in this thread are quite good as well. I was stumped for quite awhile on the "Gold" puzzle.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
All the animations in this game are friggin adorable. And glad to see gaf already going strong with the custom creations. Post more!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wow, just wow. This one really had me going for 15 minutes and I don't think I'd be able to reproduce it again. Really great one!
Still on it, I love this game!

EDIT: success! This Mario one was fantastic, nice job!

Now what, a Yoshi egg? You're good guys :)

Man dont tell me you be hatin on dat Mario Land 2

no. it didnt interest me as a git, doesnt interest me now. but i will playthrough if recommended.

And Gargolye's Quest, and Super Mario Land 2, and Metroid 2, and Mario's Picross, and Kirby's Adventure, and Freakyforms, and...

i wont use this topic as a vendetta page against the House of N.

i will post this pushmo level i created.....

17HNI_0019.jpg

EDIT: anyone got a site or a way to upload pics from the 3DS browser? im not a fan of removing the SD card. too many corruption stories from different devices.

CoolS

i wont use this topic as a vendetta page against the House of N.

i will post this pushmo level i created.....

17HNI_0019.jpg

EDIT: anyone got a site or a way to upload pics from the 3DS browser? im not a fan of removing the SD card. too many corruption stories from different devices.

And I thank you for that.

And a great level, thanks! Try to use imgur, I had no problem when uploading my level from my 3DS earlier.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Heh, the blocks actually cast proper shadows onto the characters. The attention to detail is high in this one. Did I mention it's adorable?

And I thank you for that.

And a great level, thanks! Try to use imgur, I had no problem when uploading my level from my 3DS earlier.

thanks for the site. gonna use it after making my next level

can i get a hand? how do i copy the link? it uploaded the photo just fine, should i got to my PC and look for it online now?

Alrus

Gosh some of the later puzzles are huge! And with the addition of ladder and push/pull buttons, they can get pretty complex too. I'm liking this more and more (and I haven't stopped playing it since I bought it >.>)

CoolS

Heh, the blocks actually cast proper shadows onto the characters. The attention to detail is high in this one. Did I mention it's adorable?

Intellegent System really did a great job on this one. And now around puzzle 70 the difficutly is starting to go up. Sadly my battery just died. But best 6€ ever spent.

wsippel

Banned
Intellegent System really did a great job on this one. And now around puzzle 70 the difficutly is starting to go up. Sadly my battery just died. But best 6€ ever spent.
Nintendo's download games are incredibly polished, but I still feel that the general public would consider them too expensive. And in all honesty, they kinda are, as there are no sales and the games never go down in price. Pullblox is a very cool, polished and content rich game, but at the same time, I just rebought Infinite Space yesterday, for the same price - new and sealed. I could get EBA for €1.50 new. Granted, those games (sadly) tanked and are already a bit old, but then again, no matter how badly eShop games sell, and no matter how old they are, they'll always cost the same. €6 at launch is fine.

But yeah, I'm done ranting. Pullblox is a great game, and I'm glad I bought it.

still cant figure out a straight from the browser method...i had to upload from the 3DS then manually type the pic address on my pc. good thing the imgur site address is small.

heres another:

J1QV5.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
still cant figure out a straight from the browser method...i had to upload from the 3DS then manually type the pic address on my pc. good thing the imgur site address is small.

heres another:

J1QV5.jpg

Such a clever concept. I prefer it to Cut the rope, which was my favorite puzzle game this year.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Thanks to the recent update, this may be my first estore purchase. But I'd like to hear more impressions, and how much content is packs. The asking price in slightly prohibitive.

Top Bottom