• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New 3DS Release NoA Feb.13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the white n3DS with colored buttons and faceplates doesn't come out here, I'm probably not going to get one. That's the one I wanted, not grimdark xl.

Oh well.

loli

Neo Member
me now

LQRRUv0.jpg

To be fair the original 3DS isn't popular because it's a vastly inferior model and poorly designed. The new one should do quite a bit better.

I'm reasonably sure that over the next two years the new one won't sell 1/4 the number of units that the old one did during its first two years.

It's NOA, anything is possible. Remember, they like giving limited choices to costumers (3DS and XL colors anyone?) as to not confuse them too much.

I believe the actual reason was that those colors don't sell well as opposed to Japan where dedicated handhelds are not fighting for space and aren't relegated to the Best Buy cage.

But I guess it does make things easier to assume that NOA is some weird Willy Wonka-esque thing that makes random decisions with a dart board.

What does that offer for gaming?

Any word on battery life? That face-tracking 3D must be a hog.

Battery life is better by a small bit even with the 3D turned on.

And, faster OS means you can go back to the home screen, check friends list, post to the miiverse, etc. much more quickly. Also, games like Smash Bros. don't let you post on the old 3ds, but I believe the new one does. Game downloads are also much faster.

If the white n3DS with colored buttons and faceplates doesn't come out here, I'm probably not going to get one. That's the one I wanted, not grimdark xl.

Oh well.

This. I will probably seriously consider importing one from the UK and just buying PAL games until the next Nintendo handheld releases. I was in this for the buttons, faceplates and improved 3D, not another XL.

Mononoke

Banned
Also ew to the red wine over blue. :(

If I can only get an XL I guess it's the Black XL now.

Edit: wait, are we assuming there won't be a smaller version with the face plates in the US? No way.

18-Volt

I really don't think NoA would kill the moneymaker 2DS like that, so I'm sure it'll get its own "new" treatment.

As for New 3DS, I'm surprised that it's missing from the poster. Probably its poster features Yokai Watch.

Z3M0G

Battery life is better by a small bit even with the 3D turned on.

And, faster OS means you can go back to the home screen, check friends list, post to the miiverse, etc. much more quickly. Also, games like Smash Bros. don't let you post on the old 3ds, but I believe the new one does. Game downloads are also much faster.

This is all pretty cool, thanks.

What is the expected price?

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, really hoping for some since I am planning white. I want a Boo faceplate.

Yep, that is what people are assuming. I doubt it, but NoA decisions are a crapshoot.

That's true. God that would be insane though if they only sold the XL in NA. Would be flat out insane. That's not like skipping a color it's skipping an entire model.

I really don't think NoA would kill the moneymaker 2DS like that, so I'm sure it'll get its own "new" treatment.

As for New 3DS, I'm surprised that it's missing from the poster. Probably its poster features Yokai Watch.

No reason to... 2DS is aimed at young kids, young kids won't be able to tell the difference as long as it plays their games all the same.

Cream

Banned

So you think Yokai Watch will be available same time as the system? I sure hope so.

No reason to... 2DS is aimed at young kids, young kids won't be able to tell the difference as long as it plays their games all the same.

I know most kids aren't as picky, but mine think the 2DS looks like a baby's chew toy.

(they started saving their money for the new 3DS as soon as it was announced in Japan and are hyped for tomorrow morning's direct.)

Onaco

As much as I want one for my birthday, I just know there's going to be a special bundle with Majora's Mask.

I have a feeling the poster is Gamestop's because their trade-in values got posted yesterday. The font matches what they generally use. Some GS employee must have leaked it.

The buttons are colored in line with other territories
Flip that table back around
The XL's never had colored buttons. You just destroyed that nice table for nothing!

Z3M0G

Same as the 3DS at current.

All my local retailers only have XL models listed, and for $199 (CND). Did they recall the base model or something?

Edit: Same on Amazon.ca, with only listings of standard model being much higher priced than the XL by re-sellers...

I assume they are being de-listed in anticipation of the new model?

I have an XL now, but I want a smaller model next time and I am wondering what that will cost. How much is standard 3DS these days?

andymcc

Banned
I honestly doubt they'll drop MM+MH4U+N3DS at the same day.

Seems like the best time do push consoles and high software attach rates to me.

I have a feeling the poster is Gamestop's because their trade-in values got posted yesterday. The font matches what they generally use. Some GS employee must have leaked it.

would explain the focus on the N3DSXL as it is in-store material for core shoppers.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
There had better be some nice special edition XLs to choose from. Surely a purple Majora edition is inevitable?

Derpyduck

Banned
Also ew to the red wine over blue. :(

If I can only get an XL I guess it's the Black XL now.

Edit: wait, are we assuming there won't be a smaller version with the face plates in the US? No way.

I'm assuming that there's two fliers. One for the XL and one for the non XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom