• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V SPOILER Thread of SPOILERS

THIS THREAD IS THE SPOILER THREAD FOR GTA V. ALL SPOILERS ARE UNMARKED. IF YOU DON'T WANNA GET SPOILED, FUCK OFF!

tumblr_mm35d72p5h1qc1jg4o1_500.gif

So. Lotta spoilers in the other thread. Figured, why not make a separate thread where people can discuss the story, events, and so on without fear of accidentally spoiling somebody else.

I myself have only just completed the third heist for the FIB scumbags, so I'm staying out of this thread.

Anyways, have fun!

Teaming up is the only right option. SUCH a great end mission and then it branches in to those assassinations which are so satisfying.

I Youtubed the mission where you kill Mike or Trevor and they both look shit. I feel sorry for anyone that picks those options.

Johnny dies... Lost and forgotten... Anyway, I find it cool that Tracey is the only one in Micheal's family greeted Trevor with a positive attitude.

Hip Hop

Will anyone be doing the two bad endings instead of the one good ending?

Don't know why anyone would choose the two bad ones tbh,

Can you even finish the left over missions and side quests after that?

EDIT: on a random encounter, there is this rich banker trying to catch a ride to the airport for Liberty City. He will tip you only $100 but will say right after to invest stock in a business immediatly. The payout will be about 30 percent in return. I invested all my millions that I had, made about 5 million in less than a day.

Not really spoilerish, but I figured some people might complain so I put it here: After the fistfight mission with the Arab car seller, if you switch to Franklin and follow Michael for a while, this will happen:
michaelpunchxuojj.gif

Alienous

That choice of endings is significantly worse than GTA IV's. Heck, all of the endings are bad.

Either:

- You kill Michael as Franklin. During this mission, Michael is enthusing about how he has turned his life around. And it's so out of character that Franklin becomes a cold assassin.

- Killing Trevor is better. Franklin and Michael team up to kill him. The dialogue seems more appropriate, and it's the ending that feels most like a conclusion to the story.

- Killing everyone else is such bullshit. All of a sudden, the major enemies within the game become people you can kill. It's so weak.

And, as I said before, half of the heists are shit. The good ones are:

- The jewellry store robbery.

- The government building robbery (where you can dress as a janitor, or parachute in).

- The gold heist.

There others are rubbish.

- Trevor's heist is hardly one. You don't gain anything, and Plan A and Plan B feel like two different missions rather than different approaches. Actually, Trevor's heist feels like another mission. You don't hire a crew, for instance.

- The one where you tip over a truck is pitiful. Less of a heist than a giant shootout. And you don't get to hire anyone. Again, it feels like a mission.

- The one where you rob the smaller bank, again, lacks the choice heists should have offered. No alternative approach. You get to hire a single gunman. Instead of procuring vehicles as part of a heist set-up, they're just there. Instead of acquiring bomb suits, you just have them. And, again, you don't get to keep much of the money.

- The government building robbery (where you can dress as a janitor, or parachute in).

- The gold heist.

- Trevor's heist is hardly one. You don't gain anything, and Plan A and Plan B feel like two different missions rather than different approaches. Actually, Trevor's heist feels like another mission. You don't hire a crew, for instance.

- The one where you tip over a truck is pitiful. Less of a heist than a giant shootout. And you don't get to hire anyone. Again, it feels like a mission.

- The one where you rob the smaller bank, again, lacks the choice heists should have offered. No alternative approach. You get to hire a single gunman. Instead of procuring vehicles as part of a heist set-up, they're just there. Instead of acquiring bomb suits, you just have them. And, again, you don't get to keep much of the money.

Agreed on everything. The truck one is especially disappointing, given it's a homage to the amazing Heat opener.

I loved the missions, but I wish there were more heists and, importantly, better ones.

ryz

Interesting that you can kill Michael or Trevor. I've chosen the deathwish, so everyone lives. Credits are rolling right now.

To be honest i would have liked the option to kill Franklin. He was the absolutely weakest character. I've chosen deathwish and hoped Franklin would die, just because both Michael and Trevor are so much more developed, character wise.

KrAzEd

Banned
So I accidentally picked "Kill trevor" and was extremely disappointed. Not only did I not want to kill Trevor, but the mission wasn't great at all. The WORST part is, after the credits rolled, I couldn't play as Trevor anymore and there were some side missions I still hadn't done that are now gone. There is absolutely no way to access these missions, even through the replay missions menu. The last custom save that I had made was days ago, I am seriously considering going all the way back and doing it over again, because right now I am bummed. I played the "death wish" mission through the replay menu and it was brilliant, this should be the only option as I am now regretting not paying attention when pressing buttons on my cell phone.

ryz

So I accidentally picked "Kill trevor" and was extremely disappointed. Not only did I not want to kill Trevor, but the mission wasn't great at all. The WORST part is, after the credits rolled, I couldn't play as Trevor anymore and there were some side missions I still hadn't done that are now gone. There is absolutely no way to access these missions, even through the replay missions menu. The last custom save that I had made was days ago, I am seriously considering going all the way back and doing it over again, because right now I am bummed. I played the "death wish" mission through the replay menu and it was brilliant, this should be the only option as I am now regretting not paying attention when pressing buttons on my cell phone.

What the fuck? That's fucked up. Especially because Kotaku wrote that you could finish every sidemission AFTER completing the story. I feel for you dude :(

Pooya

Floyd and his GF, man that scene was terrible, I actually felt horrible there and only there, everything else Trevor did, didn't compare. They were actually normal people (as normal as it is in GTA), not criminals or gangsters. And right after on the car, Trevor tells Wade how they met, turns out he actually killed his friends too back then! Then he goes into the club and kills the manager there too. All of them back to back felt really creepy.

iNvid02

the whole game felt light hearted and fun throughout, which was a nice change for me coming off more solemn games like the last of us and brothers this year.

the on-off camaraderie and comedy of the trio was enjoyable to watch but the endings were kind of a let down, especially the first 2. they didnt have as huge an impact it seemed they were aiming for.
maybe it was just me but i found it hard to relate to these guys at times. overall though it was a highly entertaining ride

i probably would have been more upset if something had happened to lamar, i fucking loved that guy.

- The gold heist.

spot on, its a bummer as the heists were definitely where the game was at its best. really hope there is some DLC centered around more jobs, game is crying out for more quality heists.

Jarmel

Banned
That was ending was so fucking good.

"I picked Option C, ain't that a bitch"

So good. I like how all three said fuck it to the consequences such as icing the corrupt FIB agent.

THEY WENT AFTER EVERYONE! After all the crap they got in this game, it was so good delivering out that dish.

Pandemic

I really enjoyed the heist with the minigun, and you go blazing through the town. That was pretty sick haha.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the whole body armor suit that you use for that mission?

And is it possible to get the car that has a gun attached to it, along with the spikes?

golem

I thought the ending was a bit weak, pretty disappointed in Trevors dialogue while driving with Devin in the trunk, and some of the middle missions were definitely weak but overall a pretty damn good GTA.

Option C was the best. It felt cathartic finally killing all these assholes in the game who pushed you around so much.

And yeah, Trevor was such an interesting character. Veering from creepy/deranged like in the death of Floyd to hilariously loveable, like with Patricia.

Michael turned out to be my favourite character. My dream ending is that after they killed off all the antagonists, Michael and Solomon went into business together, and everyone gets kind of a happy ending and Michael and Trevor finally mend their relationship... sorta. But yeah, it wasn't really prettily wrapped up after the Brad revelations. Felt like we didn't get closure, but it was appropriate. They're stuck together in this life... I sorta get it. Haha.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Option C was the best. It felt cathartic finally killing all these assholes in the game who pushed you around so much.

And yeah, Trevor was such an interesting character. Veering from creepy/deranged like in the death of Floyd to hilariously loveable, like with Patricia.

Michael turned out to be my favourite character. My dream ending is that after they killed off all the antagonists, Michael and Solomon went into business together, and everyone gets kind of a happy ending and Michael and Trevor finally mend their relationship... sorta. But yeah, it wasn't really prettily wrapped up after the Brad revelations. Felt like we didn't get closure, but it was appropriate. They're stuck together in this life... I sorta get it. Haha.

Yes I agree about the ending, I was gleeful when I realised what was about to happen. We get to kill all these cunts? OH YES :D was giggling my head off killing Steve with a grenade launcher. So impersonal. Fuck him!

As to the characters endings, you're not far off about Michael, when I switched to him in the post-game he was at the studio giving Jimmy a tour and talking about how happy her was. Then I killed everyone which fucked the film company stock. I bought loads, hope it bounces back soon.

there was a bit more closure for Mikey and T when I went out drinking with Trevor in the post game. Mike straight up apologised for what had gone down, T thought about it for a minute, thanked him and accepted the apology, I thought it was quite sweet. I wish I had hung with the characters more during the main game, I get the impression there's a lot of extra dialogue in the friend activities.

tino

Banned
Floyd and his GF, man that scene was terrible, I actually felt horrible there and only there, everything else Trevor did, didn't compare. They were actually normal people (as normal as it is in GTA), not criminals or gangsters. And right after on the car, Trevor tells Wade how they met, turns out he actually killed his friends too back then! Then he goes into the club and kills the manager there too. All of them back to back felt really creepy.

I think Trevor is the best character in the game, in term of writing and voice actor. But the character is also inconsistent. Sometimes he is way too charming (channeling Jack Nicolson) compare to his usual creepy psychotic side.

Also the endings are pretty weak yeak. Also Villains too, weak.

ev0

After I beat the game with Option C, I hung out with Trevor as Franklin to go play darts (for 100%) and Franklin asks why Trevor never killed Michael. It's short but in case you want to do it yourself I'll spoiler it
Because Michael had kids, he still kinda liked him, but hates him but really he hated everyone else so much more, so Mike is lucky.

Randdalf

That choice of endings is significantly worse than GTA IV's. Heck, all of the endings are bad.

Either:

- You kill Michael as Franklin. During this mission, Michael is enthusing about how he has turned his life around. And it's so out of character that Franklin becomes a cold assassin.

- Killing Trevor is better. Franklin and Michael team up to kill him. The dialogue seems more appropriate, and it's the ending that feels most like a conclusion to the story.

- Killing everyone else is such bullshit. All of a sudden, the major enemies within the game become people you can kill. It's so weak.

- The gold heist.

I think the last heist you mentioned is my personal favourite in the game, it was just utter insanity in a way that you completely didn't imagine would happen, since the purpose of the military hardware was kept secret until the moment it was unveiled when things just went bonkers.

VoidJutsu

i killed trevor at the end :(

thought the game would be over and i coulld use him again at the last save-point...

nix da...

Into

I found the last shot after they push the car in Option C to look a hell of alot like Vice City is next sorta, the sunset set over a smaller island.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Killing Trevor probably makes the most sense seeing how volatile he is but I had to pick the C option since I did like all the characters for their good and bad parts. Plus I can still walk around with all 3 and do their respective side missions.

Yes I agree about the ending, I was gleeful when I realised what was about to happen. We get to kill all these cunts? OH YES :D was giggling my head off killing Steve with a grenade launcher. So impersonal. Fuck him!

As to the characters endings, you're not far off about Michael, when I switched to him in the post-game he was at the studio giving Jimmy a tour and talking about how happy her was. Then I killed everyone which fucked the film company stock. I bought loads, hope it bounces back soon.

there was a bit more closure for Mikey and T when I went out drinking with Trevor in the post game. Mike straight up apologised for what had gone down, T thought about it for a minute, thanked him and accepted the apology, I thought it was quite sweet. I wish I had hung with the characters more during the main game, I get the impression there's a lot of extra dialogue in the friend activities.

After I beat the game with Option C, I hung out with Trevor as Franklin to go play darts (for 100%) and Franklin asks why Trevor never killed Michael. It's short but in case you want to do it yourself I'll spoiler it
Because Michael had kids, he still kinda liked him, but hates him but really he hated everyone else so much more, so Mike is lucky.

Good stuff.

Mondy

Banned
Am I the only one that found the ending (the only real ending, option C) to be really lazy? It was literally just go around knocking off all the antagonists. You can't think of a quicker, more simpler way to tie up loose ends then that.

paul187

Am I the only one that found the ending (the only real ending, option C) to be really lazy? It was literally just go around knocking off all the antagonists. You can't think of a quicker, more simpler way to tie up loose ends then that.

Yeah I was very disappointed in it. After all the shit they put these guys through, it was that easy to just kill these guys. Makes no sense. Same with the Chinese gang that ties up Michael. There were no repercussions, unless I missed something. Honestly for me the story falls a parts after rescuing Michael.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So I finished this game long ago on Xbox 360, and selected Option 3 at the end. Where all characters stay alive. This time I was playing it on Xbox One. I was rushing to finish the story because I wanted to do 100% completion this time around. Just for curiosity I thought this time let me select A or B. I selected A, trever is dead.

Now I didn't know all his side missions and shit would just be gone, and he won't be a playable character once the ending is done.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

what do I do now. I still have to complete all the rampage missions and his side missions. :( FUCK man fucking fuck Rockstar. Could have warned us about it? I mean come on. I didn't save before the mission started so I gotta play the god damn story again? fuckkk

So I finished this game long ago on Xbox 360, and selected Option 3 at the end. Where all characters stay alive. This time I was playing it on Xbox One. I was rushing to finish the story because I wanted to do 100% completion this time around. Just for curiosity I thought this time let me select A or B. I selected A, trever is dead.

Now I didn't know all his side missions and shit would just be gone, and he won't be a playable character once the ending is done.

what do I do now. I still have to complete all the rampage missions and his side missions. :( FUCK man fucking fuck Rockstar. Could have warned us about it? I mean come on. I didn't save before the mission started so I gotta play the god damn story again? fuckkk

What did you think was going to happen? The option literally says "Kill Trevor".

You should have been saving from long before the ending anyway.

Red Hood

Banned

"Option A: Kill Trevor."

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, ROCKSTAR. TRY WARING US IN THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!! "

BeforeU

What did you think was going to happen? The option literally says "Kill Trevor".

You should have been saving from long before the ending anyway.

Are you kidding me? Yeah it says kill trever, I did not know he would be gone forever even after the story is completed. I mean how could I imagine all his side missions and stuff would just be gone. No fucking idea why Rockstar would do something like that.

I thought after the story is complete, you can still have all three characters in open world. Fuck man.

Are you kidding me? Yeah it says kill trever, I did not know he would be gone forever even after the story is completed. I mean how could I imagine all his side missions and stuff would just be gone. No fucking idea why Rockstar would do something like that.

I thought after the story is complete, you can still have all three characters in open world. Fuck man.

But the free roam takes place at whatever time you're at in the story? There's no reason to do it any other way. Did you expect to play as
John
at the end of Red Dead Redemption?

None of this is Rockstar's fault at all.

I mean, if he's dead, how do you expect to still play as him? Like, come on.

Also, you can replay the final mission over after you're done and choose a different option if you had wanted to see the other endings.

BeforeU

But the free roam takes place at whatever time you're at in the story? There's no reason to do it any other way. Did you expect to play as
John
at the end of Red Dead Redemption?

None of this is Rockstar's fault at all.

how about a fucking option to replay the mission and change your choice.

and I don't think you can compare RDR ending with this, because it doesn't change anything at the end. You are literally just another person, that's all. Here all the side missions are lost. Out of 3 character 1 is just gone for good.

I mean, if he's dead, how do you expect to still play as him? Like, come on.

Also, you can replay the final mission over after you're done and choose a different option if you had wanted to see the other endings.

Its a fucking game. And fine, you want realism then at least give an option to replay and change your action. Jesus. This was too unexpected. Did people really thought it was alright. May be I am just too crazy.

But now I have to play the whole damn thing AGAIN to keep them all alive. FUCK ME

Top Bottom