• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Ones |OT| The show with hot questions and even hotter wings

gutshot

1lgjIAggW2OA2gxwq21abKTUXrpscBP-ohet_6lImF3QXj0k2BfuubVbhwFWGIvI6yjl_a6XFw=w2120-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

Hot Ones is a YouTube interview show with "hot questions and even hotter wings". Hosted by Sean Evans, the show puts celebrities into the literal hot seat, where they answer wide-ranging questions while munching down on chicken (or tofu) wings that get increasingly spicier. And as the Scovilles go up, their guard comes down.

Their reward for subjecting themselves to this feast of fiery fowl? A 30 second plug for whatever they'd like... and some painful shits the next day (or in the middle of the show, in some cases.) And if you chicken out? You end up in the Hall of Shame.

New episodes of the show drop on YouTube every Thursday at 11 AM. The show just began its fourth season. Each season switches up the hot sauce lineup a little bit. And the guests have gotten more and more famous.

If you are new to the show, check out the full season playlists below. Or just check out the classic episodes. And come back every Thursday for a new Hot One!

Seasons

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Season 4

Classic Episodes

Hall of Shame

Zlyp9cc.png

The reason YouTube was invented.

Also, got me into chicken wings and hot sauce in a huge way. Everyone needs to watch at least one episode.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
One of the best shows on YouTube.

I have bottles of blairs mega death, da bomb, mad dog 357 thanks to this show. Love them all

Have a veil of one called satans blood which I am too scared to try...

One of the best shows on YouTube.

I have bottles of blairs mega death, da bomb, mad dog 357 thanks to this show. Love them all

Have a veil of one called satans blood which I am too scared to try...

Have you tried eating along with any of the interviews?

zerotol

Banned
Here's their line up. Valentina and crystal can be found in most grocery stores. Several others can be found at Heat Hot Sauce shop online https://heathotsauce.com/pages/shop-by-brand but are suddenly sold out. Must be from the popularity of this show.

Valentina black label
Crystal
Secret Aardvark habanero
Queen majesty scotch bonnet & ginger
Hot Ones fiery chipotle
Dirty Dick's
Torchbearer zombie apocalypse
Da bomb beyond insanity
Blair's mega death
Hot Ones the last dab

I bought a bottle of Mad Dog 357 because of this show, and now it's gone. Lame! I guess I'm gonna have to buy a bottle of their new sauce when it goes on sale.

smoothj

I'm a hot sauce fiend thanks to this show. I have most of the got sauces on this show barring the final 2 sauces. For some reason the hottest one to me was pain 100%. It's not even a ghost pepper sauce but god damn son.

Brakke

Banned
I don't know shit about Khaled except the "you played yourself" meme and here's the dude out here saying it like twenty times in ten minutes. Is he a self-parody? Is that his thing?

I was losing it when he was ready to bail on Cholula. The "tell me about a time you took an L" question was savage.

chadtwo

Just dropping by to say this show rules. Was unaware of the availability of tofu wings. Whose done it who's a vegetarian?

Nice, somebody made an OT for this show. I know the hot wing gimmick is the main appeal of the show but the host is a pretty good interviewer.

I suggest you guys check out the Jay Pharoah episode. They get along pretty well and Jay does some great impressions.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Have you tried eating along with any of the interviews?

I've never been one to make good chicken wings, but I defeintely could just do just grilled chicken strips rolled in each one. I think I might do that for next show being that I have at least 6 of the ones featured on the show in my fridge (got some tapitio, Tabasco, and Siracha for the low teir along with the ones mentioned before.). Maybe I'll do a dab of satans blood to make up for the others I'm missing lol

Thank you for the idea!

Love this show! Thanks to it my coworkers and I have a plethora of hot sauces in our office.

I think my favorite one was Eric Andre, he was losing his mind 😂

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Khaled lost all anit-fuck boy status since he didn't even finish the wins. How are you going to put the hinges on the fuck boy's hands when you are one?

traveler

Not Wario
Dude puts in more research for his guests than 99% of interviewers out there. Wish the average journalistic outlet could match him.

Permanently A

Been watching for a while, really like the show and the quality of the questions.

Who's the superfan that interviews Sean Evans in one of the episodes?

Bear

The show's slogan always bugged the hell out of me but I really like it overall. Like all interview shows, the quality of individual episodes depends on the guest(s) but when it's good, it's really good. Sean does his research and knows how to draw interesting answers out of them, plus the show's gimmick is genuinely clever since many of the guests start to respond very differently when the really hot stuff kicks in.

I stumbled across this a long time ago and didn't think I'd get hooked but it totally won me over.

Just dropping by to say this show rules. Was unaware of the availability of tofu wings. Whose done it who's a vegetarian?

Pretty sure RZA was the first to get the vegan wings. I think they changed what they used to replace meat in the vegan wings some point but I could be wrong.

I've never been one to make good chicken wings, but I defeintely could just do just grilled chicken strips rolled in each one. I think I might do that for next show being that I have at least 6 of the ones featured on the show in my fridge (got some tapitio, Tabasco, and Siracha for the low teir along with the ones mentioned before.). Maybe I'll do a dab of satans blood to make up for the others I'm missing lol

Thank you for the idea!

No problem, I got the same ones you do except for Satan's blood. I was watching and I kept thinking to myself how long I would last haha, I'm going to try to get my hands on the ones that I don't have.

Top Bottom