• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Political" Haircuts in America

So on a scale of 1 to 10, how nazi is this undercut? 10 being tiki torcher nazi

658943-d29f589c-8231-11e3-8c0a-8e0465bef8c3.jpg

n10vEZM.gif

Is this really Bronx

Whoooaaaa, sick bro. Like you bro? Show me your muscles bro.
Since you asked:

tumblr_moz4ovyxop1sqdbclo1_1280.jpg

I earned this body with dedication, not with marking out over little pshew pshew laser sword movies

Kurdel

Banned
I don't think I've ever once associated hair cuts with someones political stance. What's next are we going to start judging by what color shirt they wear? What deodorant they use? What brand shoes they have on? Where does it end?

I think all the backlash to the Hitler youth style cut feels forced, but there are other cuts that definitely tell you a lot of the persons probable political stance.

white-rastas.jpg

All I know is I refuse to let dirty Nazis have the undercut. I'll proudly have the cut while happily denouncing every shitty garbage stance they stand for.

Polari

What you call the hipster haircut came from the Nazis in the first place. In the early 2000s there were plenty of Vice readers taking photos of Hitler Youth members to their barbers.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
It's all about the part. If you buzz all the way up to your part, you look like a nazi.

ex:
images

This is true. If you just get a mid fade or low fade up to the part maybe blow dry it and add little texturizing powder and no one will confuse you for a Nazi. That's how I wear my hair and no one has ever confused me for a Nazi but then again I'm Latino. Lol

KillLaCam

Banned
A friend of a friend made a status on FB recommending that people stop getting undercuts.

I just lmao, lmao. I'm not changing my hair cuz some nazi fucker thinks they can own a haircut.
Exactly. Undercuts are awesome.

Plus I'm too brown to be a nazi anyway

Sianos

dammit i thought that hairstyle was cute, milkshake ducked again!!

what are some cute hairstyles for guys that aren't being co-opted by nazis?

Zakalwe

Banned
I have long hair and an undercut.

I would take up arms against Nazism in a heartbeat if it came to it though, so I think it's balanced.

I expected pictures of "Trump" shaved into heads or something. Haircuts are not political. The only style that is off limits is the Hitler stache.
Although even with that you could argue you are doing a Charlie Chaplin I suppose

CHC

Undercuts look awful so I'm not too beat up about Nazis ruining them for everyone else.

I'm almost kind of glad that they did because I'm so sick of seeing it on everyone. I find it the funniest when someone dresses like a schlub and then has the undercut and beard like the haircut is some automatic ticket to looking stylish or trendy. It's a way overplayed 'do.

Obviously this is part jaded sarcasm, I'm not actually glad about anything that Neo Nazis have done....

Daedardus

The slightly longer undercut is still the best haircut for my face and I've tried almost everything that is possible I think. It's just very popular for men in their 20s-something, so it's more of a coincidence that many bigots have that cut, because a huge part of the population has it. Not a lot of people here in Europe get associated with nazis for sporting an undercut, as long as the sides are not completely shaven, so I'll stick with it for a while. A haircut is all about what makes you look best, and I prefer to look good and honest over being unkempt.

I've got a long undercut too, it was a more traditional one initially, but I've let it grow out. my fiancé has been pushing for me to change it for this reason. I kinda want to, as I fuckin' HATE NAZIS, but I also think I look really nice with it. What do you all think? Does it qualify as a "nazi haircut"?

Well undercuts + khaki pants belted up seems to be the 'alt-right' uniform now.

So keep getting undercuts but just watch what pants you wear I guess. Maybe grow a beard so you look less Nazi-ish and maybe more Conor McGregor-ish or something

Zakalwe

Banned
I've got a long undercut too, it was a more traditional one initially, but I've let it grow out. my fiancé has been pushing for me to change it for this reason. I kinda want to, as I fuckin' HATE NAZIS, but I also think I look really nice with it. What do you all think? Does it qualify as a "nazi haircut"?

No. not at all.

Cut your hair however you want to, as long as your actions are in line with your ideals you're not going to be contributing to the Nazi movement just because of this haircut.

Code:
[img]https://scontent.flhr2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20819182_1778484672176803_2700424030683515671_o.jpg?oh=3c5fc1c5bdd9dfc4407201f7196dd83b&oe=59EF8D60[/img]

dramatis

I expected pictures of "Trump" shaved into heads or something. Haircuts are not political. The only style that is off limits is the Hitler stache.
Although even with that you could argue you are doing a Charlie Chaplin I suppose
You'd be wrong on that, haircuts/hairstyles can be political. For instance in NK there are only a certain set of haircuts allowed for men and women, mandated by the government, so in a sense how the everyday citizen of NK appears is political.

Perhaps not all styles are political, but the visual appearance of things, which includes hair and dress, can become a 'political uniform' in a way.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
When I was younger and living in Charlottesville, I worked at this bagel shop called Bodos. Around here, it's a pretty big thing. Every single day there would be a line wrapping around the building, people would freeze our bagels to sell in their coffee shops, people in Charlottesville wear their shirts around a lot.

The Bodos employee dress code is a white collared shirt (most people would wear a polo) and khakis. It wasn't until seeing this thread that I thought about this. I wonder if they'll change that now.

BearPawB

Banned

More of a Nick Robinson sexual harasser vibe

idk, white nationalists ruined Pepe and now you can't use the poor lil guy without implicitly supporting vile racism

so as far as I'm concerned, anyone with an undercut or the slightest hint of a similar style is effectively normalizing nazis. gross.

I suppose jackboots can be reclaimed if you stamp a red rose on them or whatever.

Hattori

Banned
I'm sporting the undercut, but it's hard to maintain as my hair grows very quickly. I'm planning on going back to my gintama bed head hairstyle.

Lkr

How many of these hair threads do we need on here before people realize you can't judge people solely on their haircut? Based on these kinds of threads one must conclude that every balding man that decides to finally shave it all off must secretly be a skinhead neo nazi

I have an undercut with a thick beard and it has come to me in the last few months that "I hope nobody thinks I'm a Nazi."

but, fuck them, I've had the haircut way longer than these dorks.

Omadahl

Banned
I'm not changing my hairstyle because of Nazis. It took me 30 years to find something that looked good and I'll be damned if I change it now.

Vandiger

Finding the right haircut is sometimes difficult. I'll be damned if I allow some nazis to ruin my rotation of hairstyles I stick with.

Top Bottom