• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

I'm in C hell. I can only imagine how E class racing is.

The OST has its gems. Could someone post the full track list?

If you're not aware, you can find all the entire OST list under music when you go to your library.

Photomode question, how the hell do you work the shutter speed. No matter what I change it too it looks the exact same lol.

you need to render the pic to notice changes like that.

KdotIX

Really thinking that having a steering wheel for this game will help me control the car better and ascend to the high SR havens. Any of you guys with a wheel have a Playseat Challenge? Considering one of those for this and a few other racing games I play (already have a T300 and T3PA set). How sturdy is it? Is it good for tall people?

jayu26

I just got demoted back down to D for some arsehole taking me out. How does it make sense that someone comes flying into the back of me and takes us both off the track but yet I'm the one who gets the 10 second penalty.

This is bullshit. D was cleaner than C anyway ironically.
There have been definitely calls that I vehemently disagreed with. But a system like this will take time to normalize. In 11 races I did manage to keep my SR at B, but I did have to concede positions to guys who don't mind playing dirty.

Loudninja

How long left?
We will extend the end of the Open Beta Test by 1 day to the following schedule:

・End of Open Beta Test
Oct. 13, 2017 (Friday) 14:00 PDT

In line with this extension, the hosting of daily races will also be extended as follows:
・Daily Race Extension
Oct. 12, 2017 (Thurs.) 08:00 PDT ~ Oct. 13, 2017 (Friday) 14:00 PDT

Please continue to enjoy the Gran Turismo Sport Open Beta Test.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_5216749.html

The1Ski

I’ve definitely seen it in other games. Even in campaign. I want to say GT6 or the older Forza games also had it but it’s been awhile. I tried to cheese my way past the AI with cuts on an event once and clearly recall big time penalties pushing my rank standing down despite getting first.

Good to know it's an established system.

I haven't gone "all in" on a racing game since GT3 (holy shit that was an incredible experience). Nothing has really grabbed me since. I enjoyed Grid but not on the same level. I will never forget muscling through endurance races in GT3 to get the Formula 1 car I really wanted. Then to actually use it and feeling like the time was well spent!

GT Sport might be that next step for me but I have my reservations. I do miss the A-spec system but sport mode has been perfect for the couple hours after wife and kid goes to bed.

njs15

had to run the endurance race twice, and in the second attempt I had to pass the BMW in the final corner for the gold. A little bummed there wasn't another gift car for all gold on stage 6, but that was a blast.

Maggiore is just an amazing circuit, going to end up doing thousands of miles there

Niks

Man, I really want to play this game without driver's aids but on a controller dealing with oversteer is freaking tough. I've cranked the steering sensitivity all the way up so my inputs are fairly close to what a real person could do, but there's so much delay and unpredictability that I struggle to keep it straight once oversteer starts.

Am I alone in this? Is practice all that's needed? I'm getting better at it but there are still times that I'm losing it that I could have and have saved while on a race track in real life.

Maybe I just need to buy a good steering wheel and setup already. :(

I play with with the DS4. I have no shame to say, I turn on TC to cars that seem to misbehave.

Just play how you wanna play, and play how it seems fun to play.

Won my second race (well, first one that counted because I got an save error). Started on pole and stayed first the entire race. Lago Maggiore is so damn awesome.

Loudninja

Some VR impressions from Redbull

Our hands-on with the game ahead of review access was inside a complete racing rig set-up, replete with adjustable driving seat and force-feedback steering wheel. We even had racing pedals so, you know, the experience was pretty dope. But things went from 10 out of 10 to beyond 11 once we threw on the PlayStation 4 VR headset, despite the massive dip in visual quality (it is jarring shifting from native 4K to 720p). Honestly, flooring our WRX straight into Hell’s Corner off the starting line with a full 360-degree view of everything while in said rig was… breathtaking. This writer has had the good fortune to take a hot lap around Mt Panorama ahead of a Bathurst before in a supercharged V8 SS Commodore, where we hit ‘unofficially’ (because you’re not supposed to ion hot laps), 250+kmph. So I can correctly relay the sensation of the track; its nuances, dips, curves and bumps, with some degree of familiarity.

And yes, GT Sport delivers on all of those counts for our most famous race track.
So, with all of that said, experiencing the aforementioned in VR is, honestly, an unbelievable experience. Sure, the drop in visual quality takes a little away from the experience, and the game’s more-than-forgiving damage system means your only real enemy here is spinning out and losing control, but these are beyond forgivable because in VR, with full view of the space around you and a steering wheel, pedals and racing seat as your stage, make you the star. But more importantly, even if you don’t have a racing rig set-up, the sensation remains largely the same. So, controller or steering wheel -- it really doesn’t matter (unless you’re a purist), because the PS4’s VR really does perfectly capture the experience.
https://www.redbull.com/au-en/take-on-mt-panorama-in-gran-turismo-sport-in-virtual-reality

Tomeru

Really thinking that having a steering wheel for this game will help me control the car better and ascend to the high SR havens. Any of you guys with a wheel have a Playseat Challenge? Considering one of those for this and a few other racing games I play (already have a T300 and T3PA set). How sturdy is it? Is it good for tall people?

Im 1.86m and the Playseat Challenge gets my vote. Its sturdy enough and pretty comfy.

I play with with the DS4. I have no shame to say, I turn on TC to cars that seem to misbehave.

Just play how you wanna play, and play how it seems fun to play.

I need the lowest level ABS as well.

@David Incorporated Esq. I backed the sensitivity down a notch or two from max. Perhaps try that. It's challenging though.The margin for error is pretty small. You really need to keep those slip angles down below the point where it'll hook.

Did you know if you use scapes and set the wheel direction and pan and speed the car is blurred in a turning path instead of a straight path?
And if you slow shutter speed right down you can create some really cool effects.

FeD.nL

I’m 1m88 and the Playseat Challenge is perfect for me. Also very convenient to just store away everything in one go.

kriskrosbbk

Guys help me understand something.If a person created a lobby room and did not choose a category basically the race becomes quite unbalanced.I am entering with Gr4. car vs some SRT Tomahawk rockets.What gives?How this can be controlled. Give me a tip.

Mr Moose

Is there no dmg modeling in this game?

GTS.gif

Man, I really want to play this game without driver's aids but on a controller dealing with oversteer is freaking tough. I've cranked the steering sensitivity all the way up so my inputs are fairly close to what a real person could do, but there's so much delay and unpredictability that I struggle to keep it straight once oversteer starts.

Am I alone in this? Is practice all that's needed? I'm getting better at it but there are still times that I'm losing it that I could have and have saved while on a race track in real life.

Maybe I just need to buy a good steering wheel and setup already. :(

Have you tried motion controls?

Dragon Trail feels like a blend between Grand Valley and Trail Mountain. Very impressed with these new tracks.
Yeah, been enjoying that one. Feels like a great test track because it can easily bring out so many of a car's specific characteristics. You've got the long sweeping turns back to back, wide curbs/kerbs that may or may not unsettle the car, the long downhill straight to the hairpin, and the upward slope before reaching the final straight where if you don't position yourself right or properly manage your throttle and even tap another car you might easily spin off the track.

Took me a little while to come to terms with it and I've still got plenty of room to improve, but it's been a fun process to learn, and relearn with different cars.

JamboGT

You can’t skip tracks but you can edit the playlist by going to the library, there is a music section there and you can remove tracks you don’t like.

ty_hot

I can't believe it was extended. Couldnt play yday night (had visits sleeping in the living room couch), didn't play in the morning because my gf was watching some netflix boring comedy (either friends or how i met your mother)... Was sad for that but was ok because I pre ordered the game so it's fine to wait... Watched almost 3 hours of master chef tonight, then went to cook something (didn't really need because I already have food for tomorrow)... Now I am going to sleep and just found out I could have played some more. Anyway, gonna try to play tomorrow morning.

One day without playing and I am already missing it. Probably the only game I am getting this holiday (maybe wolfenstein to kill some nazis). Gonna grind GT til I find PES 2018 under 25 euros.

See to be honest, between the closed beta and open demo, I'm actually fairly certain that, despite being totally different from past games, Polyphony Digital actually completely nailed this. It feels really good.

GHG

The game thought you went offtrack and gave you a penalty for that, it did not relate this incident with the previous one that sent you offtrack.
I hope they can tweak their algorithm to better filter these cases.

You do not get a 10 second penalty for going slightly off the track like that.

For some reason Driveclub looks visually more impressive to me.

Am I crazy/delusional?

This demo is beautiful btw, far from ugly but Driveclub imo set the bar so high.

Top Bottom