• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible news of interest for Persona fans coming this Friday [up: P4G Animation]

Dunan

A definitive Persona 3 containing all the good stuff from Portable and FES, for Vita, Golden-style, needs to happen.

My realistic expectations are telling me that it's just movie related and very little else, but my heart is telling me to get hype.

giphy.gif

FluxWaveZ

Believe Flux! Believe!

I still think its going to be shown at E3. I don't care what personaGAF says. E3 is the time to show it.

I don't care about believing. What I'd want is for them to not show anything about Persona 5 until it's released, but I know that's unrealistic.

TGS isn't what it used to be. Its all about mobile games now. Its dumb to show stuff off there now.

Well even if that happens you will have to swear off the internet to avoid seeing anything after it releases in Japan.

Oh Jesus.

I'm a newcomer to the Persona series and I completely forgot about the localization delay.

Shit

LX_Theo

Banned
Believe Flux! Believe!

I still think its going to be shown at E3. I don't care what personaGAF says. E3 is the time to show it.

Is it? I guess it depends how much they expect out of its international performance. That really depends on what Atlus/Sega think of that.

todd360

Oh Jesus.

I'm a newcomer to the Persona series and I completely forgot about the localization delay.

Shit

Its gonna be rough man. I couldn't handle the BBS wait. I ended up watching every single cut scene. I still enjoyed the game but I really regretted spoiling the plot. Stupid Vanitas and his mask. I had to know!

LegatoB

Wonder if they'll announce Ken for the Persona 4 Ultimax console release. They did just announce Rise last week, though. Might want to space it out more.

todd360

Is it? I guess it depends how much they expect out of its international performance. That really depends on what Atlus/Sega think of that.

I feel like the series is popular enough now to justify showing it at E3. I almost feel like it doesn't get the treatment it deserves. Didn't Persona 4 Golden sell a crap ton of copies on a struggling handheld? I know the series got many new fans from it. I think its going to sell very well on ps3. You know as long as the finished product is as good as P3 and P4.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh Jesus.

Shit

Atlus has been pretty quick with their localizations recently. I'm hoping there isn't a big delay. SMT IV was about 2 months after Japanese release.

LX_Theo

Banned
I feel like the series is popular enough now to justify showing it at E3. I almost feel like it doesn't get the treatment it deserves. Didn't Persona 4 Golden sell a crap ton of copies on a struggling handheld? I know the series got many new fans from it. I think its going to sell very well on ps3. You know as long as the finished product is as good as P3 and P4.

Except Atlus and Sega haven't really gotten a real feel for how much more popular it is. Until P5 drops, they won't be able to. They probably don't have a strong idea of how much popular it is exactly.

MidBoss

Disclaimer: I do not actually know what they will be announcing, this is not any sort of "tease" or whatever. I saw the news and thought it would be interesting to share, don't read too much into it and get excited just because of that.

I'm excited.

SoulUnison

Banned

"Who's this grandma?"
"Chibi Persona 3DS? ...Ok..."
"Persona 4: Dancing All Night? Are you kidding me, Atlus?"
"Super Persona 4 Arena: Hyper Fighting: The World Warriors? Atlus, why!?"
"Why is Teddie freaking out!?"

"..."

"Ok, I'm glad I stayed up so late. Got to see some desks."

Squire

Banned
You're crystal clear, Duckroll thanks.

We didn't see him last week, but Ken in P4AU is almost certainly happening, so maybe it's that? That's not a new project though.

I maintain a definitive edition of Persona 3 is going to happen sooner or later.

wrowa

I'd love to get a Persona 3 "Golden" version... It still frustrates me extremely that there's just no optimal version of Persona 3 out there. Both the PS2 and the PSP versions have their own advantages and disadvantages and ultimately I don't want to play either of them after P4/Golden.

Top Bottom