• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

What even is that company. I mean, she did a few things like acting and stuff but to completely ignore her idol potential is just strange. It's almost hilarious how every artist gets out as soon as they can... 9Muses, ZE:A members etc. Except for Seo In Young who for some reason decided to join them again. I wonder if she'll release music again. She had so many GREAT songs that all flopped, but I think she'll stick to variety and whatever else she does.
On that note, Hyemi also renewed her contract recently, so I guess "9"muses is here to stay?

No No Eul

On that note, Hyemi also renewed her contract recently, so I guess "9"muses is here to stay?

Gotta love Hyemi's dedication to the 9 Muses cause.

I should check out Laboum's discography before Hwi Hwi.

This is a great excuse to post Aalow Aalow again.

Also some magazine scans that Solbin posted on Instagram.
d1dNpd4.jpg
iqzMPBn.jpg

ryan-ts

I just finished Crime Scene Season 3. I think Season 2 was a bit better but I still enjoyed Season 3. If I could make one change, Jinho would have been a regular from the start but I'm glad he got to appear in more than one episode. Hani's presence was also missing from the show. No one made up for her over the top personality.

At first glance, it looks like the ratings for this season were really high for a cable show. Looking forward to Season 4 in 2019!

For those that are interested, /r/kpop now voting on top 10 BTS. I'll pass on this one as the only two BTS songs I know by name that I like are I Need U and Blood Sweat & Tears. Next 4 are SHINee, EXO, f(x) and Big Bang.

This is a great excuse to post Aalow Aalow again.

I don't understand why Hwi Hwi is so overrated here on GAF. It's good for sure, but it's no Aalow Aalow or Journey to Atlantis. I'd rate Shooting Love and What About You higher as well.

The girl in the red dress looks great. Bella I believe? Red dresses need to be a bigger thing in kpop.

Speaking of surprise bops...

Nugudan's Wonderland from their 1st ep is fantastic! It popped up on this summer megamix I've been listening to and it's soooooo good. Why didn't they debut with this instead of that garbage song??

kqgSH.gif

ryan-ts

For those that are interested, /r/kpop now voting on top 10 BTS. I'll pass on this one as the only two BTS songs I know by name that I like are I Need U and Blood Sweat & Tears. Next 4 are SHINee, EXO, f(x) and Big Bang.

I've been listening to BTS quite a bit recently but I'm not sure I could list 10 of their songs off the top of my head. Happy to see most people are leaving Fire off their lists though. It's a dark stain on a solid list of BTS singles.

Here's my list:

1. Baepsae
2. Tomorrow
3. Dope
4. Cypher Pt 3: Killer
5. Blood Sweat and Tears
6. Save Me
7. Ma City
8. Awake (Jin Solo)
9. I Like It Pt. 2
10. Spring Day

This was pretty hard to choose; they have a lot of really good tracks, and I love their B-sides -- a lot of them are better than their title tracks, in my opinion.

I've been listening to BTS quite a bit recently but I'm not sure I could list 10 of their songs off the top of my head. Happy to see most people are leaving Fire off their lists though. It's a dark stain on a solid list of BTS singles.

I like Fire, haha. I think it's a fun hype track and I really enjoy the choreography for it, but I do think there are plenty of better B-sides and title tracks than it. I think it stands pretty strong with the rest of their work though.

Also, a side note: I don't know why it took me so long to listen to this song, but I absolutely love Red Velvet's Body Talk. I think it's better than any title track they've released so far. I usually only pay attention to their title tracks but if anyone has any other B-side recommendations for them I'd love to check out some other tracks.

Also, a side note: I don't know why it took me so long to listen to this song, but I absolutely love Red Velvet's Body Talk. I think it's better than any title track they've released so far. I usually only pay attention to their title tracks but if anyone has any other B-side recommendations for them I'd love to check out some other tracks.

Body Talk is Red Velvets best song. Honestly, you should check out their albums, especially The Red, Rookie, The Red Summer and ICe Cream Cake. RV has much stronger b-sides than most groups. To give you a place to start, these b-sides all made my top 20 for the vote on /r/kpop:

Cool World filled out my top 3 with Body Talk and Red Flavor.
You Better Know
Some Love
Stupid Cupid
Huff n Puff
Candy
Oh Boy
Little Little
Time Slip
Red Dress
Automatic
Happily Ever After

Body Talk is Red Velvets best song. Honestly, you should check out their albums, especially The Red, Rookie, The Red Summer and ICe Cream Cake. RV has much stronger b-sides than most groups. To give you a place to start, these b-sides all made my top 20 for the vote on /r/kpop:

Cool World filled out my top 3 with Body Talk and Red Flavor.
You Better Know
Some Love
Stupid Cupid
Huff n Puff
Candy
Oh Boy
Little Little
Time Slip
Red Dress
Automatic
Happily Ever After

I really like Some Love, Stupid Cupid, and especially Huff n Puff -- my god it's got a great back beat. I've got Rookie and The Red Summer so I'll definitely give them a full listen, thanks for the recommendations!

Kuno

P.O.P _ ‘Puzzle Of POP' Highlight Medley
I had zero confidence on this group being worth anyone's atention with the teaser pics they released, but this debut mini sounds really promising.

MV for "애타게 GET하게" a.k.a. "Catch You" is out now:

[M/V] P.O.P(피오피) - '애타게 GET하게' 뮤직비디오

They're using the original Game Boy as a prop so it can't be all bad:

7I8k7lj.png

Loci

Yoona still the prettiest girl in Korea
They're using the original Game Boy as a prop so it can't be all bad:

7I8k7lj.png

Man, I always wonder if they only rent their props or will they throw it in the garbage can after their shooting? So many video games and hardware rarities down the drain if that should be the case.

Man, I always wonder if they only rent their props or will they throw it in the garbage can after their shooting? So many video games and hardware rarities down the drain if that should be the case.

Yeah, they're usually rentals or really cheap shells you could buy online.

One of my video production buddies bought a boxful of plastic MacBook shells that got set on fire for a video. IIRC it cost him 30 bucks to get them from a Chinese online store and up close you could tell they're fakes but they look legit once you're looking at it from a camera.

Doul

Neo Member
Here's my BTS top 10 songs. I did not realize making a top 10 would be so hard, I took an hour to make this.

1. Save Me
2. Dead Leaves
3. Baepsae
4. I Need U
5. Tomorrow
6. Let Me Know
7. We Are Bulletproof Pt.2
8. Born Singer
9. Ma City
10. No More Dreams

=============================

This song is quite catchy I like it ! Hopefully the album comes out soon on the Youtubes as well, the highlight sounded promising !

And new Dreamcatcher coming soon as well ! I have a hard time keeping up these days, I should stop following so many groups.

Loci

Yeah, they're usually rentals or really cheap shells you could buy online.

One of my video production buddies bought a boxful of plastic MacBook shells that got set on fire for a video. IIRC it cost him 30 bucks to get them from a Chinese online store and up close you could tell they're fakes but they look legit once you're looking at it from a camera.

Oh, using replicas didn't even cross my mind. Makes sense in a lot of ways. Those game boys aren't turned on either, not even the power LEDs.
Bonar said:

Pendulum

What happened to Primary he was so hot a couple years ago.
The plagiarism claims (and acceptance I guess since he credited the other songwriters) in 2013 cut his rising wider popularity. The "2" album from 2 years ago was good though. IIRC, "Don't Be Shy" was on a few Best Of 2015 lists here.
edit: How could I forget? The Primary x Oh Hyuk mini was fantastic. My top mini of 2015.

---

SNSD comeback confirmed August 7th.

mr_chun

Anybody know what going on with the Infinite Challenge Music Festival for this year? Feels like it's about time that we heard something.

When does Dreamcatcher drop exactly?

I need to sleep but I'll stay up for another hour if it's gonna drop soon lol.

EDIT:

Oh, using replicas didn't even cross my mind. Makes sense in a lot of ways. Those game boys aren't turned on either, not even the power LEDs.

Yeah, they're super cheap thanks to China lol. Then combine with the easiness of Adobe After Effects... it's super easy to create a convincing fake on video these days.

Also, no contest... Bona is best WJSN.

Bowlie

Banned
I've been getting a lot of A.C.E street performances on youtube as recommendations, always a pleasure.

---

[MV] ELRIS(엘리스) _ My Star(나의 별)

Did this drop out of nowhere? I didn't see any teaser.

I was gonna talk about how this MV only features a single location using one camera angle, but after searching I found out it's a b-side from their debut album so that's fine, I guess.

Maybe the next album won't have the cute stuff #freeSohee

When does Dreamcatcher drop exactly?

4 hours from now, I think.

Holy fuck this is amazing!!!

That chorus is giving me life... especially that part before the transition back to the start of the chord pattern. It's very feel good and just sounds good to hear.

I know it's too early and I've barely had my coffee this morning, but I've got a feeling this is going to be one of my top 5 for the year... it's THAT good imo.

Honestly my only complaint is that the MV's story doesn't make sense or anymore haha.

Also, murderous Yoohyeon is best:

WhiteQuarterlyGemsbok.gif

Boss Mog

Shit, Yuri injured her leg. hopefully it won't take her out of the comeback stages.
Girls' Generation Yuri said:
9TS3KGw.jpg
I pulled a ligament in my leg����but you don't need to worry that much. Everything's gonna be fine cause I've got Sone.. ♥️ Thank you for being with me all the time~!
iPiccy-collage3-1.jpg

Disappointing. In complete contrast to kookie, the chorus doesn't do anything for me at all. Nice to see an MV in 4K though.

I noticed LABOUM's "Hwi Hwi" MV was also in 4K, hopefully it's a trend that catches on.

Maybe the next album won't have the cute stuff #freeSohee

Well at least they're not wearing little girl dresses in this one, so it's a good start.

When is Fly High going to hit iTunes/Apple Music?

I'm having to stream it on YT at work and while that's perfectly fine, I have to make sure no ones looking at my desk haha.

But anyway, 3 hours later, full of caffeine and food... yeah I'm gonna have to declare Fly High as one of the best songs of the year. Maybe it's coz I grew up on rock and roll but everything about it is perfect for me.

Time will tell though if it's going to be my SOTY or not coz as it is, that's kinda been decided already.

Pendulum

Girls' Generation 소녀시대_Holiday Night_Teaser Clip #TIFFANY

SNSD "Light Up The Sky" teaser

Tiffany

---

Jessica teasers got released today as well.
sorry

---

More Weki Meki pics

---

Good timing ,comeback the 4th of August.

Primary release on August 4th

717cab65bd22e25f5442660454339e7f.gif

---

edit: CLC "FREE'SM" track list.
One of the producers on the title track also worked on WJSN's "Babyface" (and "Pretending" from Suzy's solo mini)

Bowlie

Banned
edit: CLC "FREE'SM" track list.
One of the producers on the title track also worked on WJSN's "Babyface" (and "Pretending" from Suzy's solo mini)

That song also had a 80s vibe, I'm looking forward to it.

---

Was Dreamcatcher's MV filmed in France? Holy, it looks beautiful. It does sound like an anime opening, but it's so goooddd!!!

[Teaser] Raina(레이나) _ Single Album 'Loop(밥 영화 카페)' Highlight Medley

Hmm. Don't fail me Raina, pls.

Top Bottom