• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Error?) Resident Evil Bundle is $20 on Xbox Live! (0,4,5,6,Rev2 and REmake)

Siegfried

Got it for R$ 64,00 in Brazil (about $20). Seems like someone pressed the wrong button and updated it wrong all around the world. I bet it will be fixed by morning. Since the bundle with 4, 5 and 6 is R$ 150,00 here, I'm guessing the right price would be around R$ 200,00 (about $60).

Podge293

Why are people calling it an error? It's listed on majornelsons website as 60% off

I jumped on anyways. Wanted to play revelations 2 and 0

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Showing $51+ for me in the US. Am I doing it wrong?
Still showing the discounted price here on the link in the OP. Are you sure you're not seeing $51 with a strike through?
Why are people calling it an error? It's listed on majornelsons website as 60% off

Because $51 would be the 60% off price to begin with I think! It looks like anaccidentally applies double discount.

Weevilone

Still showing the discounted price here on the link in the OP. Are you sure you're not seeing $51 with a strike through?

Because $51 would be the 60% off price to begin with I think! It looks like anaccidentally applies double discount.

Weird.. no strike thru here. I can go all the way thru to the check-out final step and it's the $51.99 price.

Stop It

Major Nelson's blog says 60% off of the normal $50 price, so its legit!
That's probably why it's an error.

If you add up the offer prices of all items currently in the bundle currently and take 60% off you get $51. So that was meant to be the offer price.

It's taking 60% off discounted prices then taking 60% off again, I don't quite think they meant that!

Weevilone

I even tried to sneak up on it with an incognito window. No dice.

Guess I'll have to send MS a link to the thread and ask them to price match.

not really

MS doing me a solid I suppose. Price would have made the first 5 times I bought each of these games feel like a ripoff.

Dominator

Was having trouble on my phone earlier, just got home and trying it again it just says the regular price now :(

I was so close.

Sanpei

Awesome...Got it ! Thanks

aa669c35_reverse-1233928590_citizen20kane20clapping.gif

T.O.P

Banned
Just checked out on mobile for £16.something.

Cheers, GAF. Time to play my first ever Resident Evil game.

Damn, playing REmake for the first time will be fuckin great, enjoy

Anyway, for the love of god, DO NOT start with Zero or might end up hating the series even before getting to the main games lol

Leflus

Bought it. 8th playthrough of RE4 coming up. :p

I remember hating the controls in REmake on the Gamecube, but I will give it another try now.

Damn, playing REmake for the first time will be fuckin great, enjoy

Anyway, for the love of god, DO NOT start with Zero or might end up hating the series even before getting to the main games lol

Yeah, Zero is good, but wait until you have something under your belt before playing it. It's kind of odd and would leave a bad first impression.

Podge293

Seems I was very wrong and it's gone back up to 50 quid.

Will MS take it off those who got it at the lower price or is it a case of fastest finger won?

Will MS take it off those who got it at the lower price or is it a case of fastest finger won?
It was obviously a pricing error. Resident evil was twenty new and had never been lower than ten dollars.

Each game for around 3 something? They have only did the psone titles like that.

Now we need dead rising one and two at five dollars

Stop It

I don't think they will take them away but we shall see.

It was clearly meant to be £40/$51 but the discount got applied twice and it even caught out the Major Nelson blog. Someone pressed a wrong button on a pricing file I guess heh.

jelly

They've taken games away before. Remember they gave everyone a 10 buck voucher for the mistake but took the game back, think it was Fallout 4.

Jawmuncher

They've taken games away before. Remember they gave everyone a 10 buck voucher for the mistake but took the game back, think it was Fallout 4.

No money was exchanged for fallout 4. I don't think they'll be messing with this one since people payed $20 bucks for it. Can't recall any instance of a price error where money was exchanged on Xbox that resulted in the games being taken back.

ramparter

Banned
I don't think they will take them away but we shall see.

It was clearly meant to be £40/$51 but the discount got applied twice and it even caught out the Major Nelson blog. Someone pressed a wrong button on a pricing file I guess heh.

So it was supposed to be 51$ with 60% applied.

Anyway I don't care that much if they take it away, wasn't sure in the first place. Games are legit but I don't think I'm gonna play them.

Gowans

They won't take it away.

MS have honoured all miss prices apart from one, which was Fallout 4 for free around its release (I think).

Top Bottom