• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

Late night walk got some decent catches. Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Ledyba, Ledian, Marill, Snubbull, Sudowoodo, Yanma, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Natu, Xatu, and Wooper. I also gained Espeon, Umbreon, and Crobat from evolutions and hatched a Cleffa! It's a whole new world we live in, indeed! Way up to 160 caught.

Pocketsfriend

Neo Member
Spent what time I could today playing before the battery hit 2%, only evolution stone I got was the sun stone. Was hoping they'd be a little more common.

Quite the haul this afternoon with Marill, Natu, Ledian, Sentret, Murkrow, Chikorita, Slugma, and somehow I managed to walk into and successfully catch a Feraligatr.

Also figured that I might as well as put forward my best Golbat and netted myself a Crobat via evolution as I had too mamy candies anyway. Nice. No luck with Eevee and spare candies though.

And there is still more to catch... still quite a lot of things I haven't seen yet.

PS and a Wofbuffet too

WPS

Johto hit late last night, so I caught one Noctowl from my room and then got up early this morning -

My phone keeps showing ripples with no pokémon. Are these pokémon that won't load or just ripples that won't go away?

Radec

These Gen 2 are cute.

Have to look for a decent eevee for Espeon.
Still got 700+ eevee candies. I wished I didn't evolved my 90+ eevee last month.

Lunar FC

My haul of campus today: Spinarak, Sentret, Sudowoodo, Xatu, Aipom, Murkrow, Slugma, Hoothoot, Dunsparce, Houndour, Snubbull

But they still couldn't add any hair options? Plus all these hats are for fucking nerds.

Replicant

Were Gen 2 monsters inspired by Sailor Moon and Christmas theme during their inceptions? Some of the creature design and naming are quite suggestive.

JoeM86

Right.

Been checking Japan

Nobody there has seen a Heracross yet. Nor a Delibird.

Unown & Smeargle appear to not be in yet#

Edit: Scratch that. Unown is

Pachimari

I've always loved the Gen II designs, and they stay pretty equal with the first generation to me, so I'm pretty thrilled that they're here now. Already caught 10+ of them.

Unfortunately there's still a bunch of rattatas, zubats and pidgeys around.

Chuckie

Loving these new Pokemon. I don't know any of them except for Marill and Hoothoot.
Will be tough remembering their names but everytime I encounter one it is a complete surprise how they will look.

Right.

Been checking Japan

Nobody there has seen a Heracross yet. Nor a Delibird.

Unown & Smeargle appear to not be in yet#

Edit: Scratch that. Unown is

From what I've seen on Reddit there doesn't seem to be any sightings of Heracross outside of South and Central America, which is hilarious as he's really good 2000+ CP.

Heracross being an exclusive pisses me off. Literally one of my favorites and one I was looking forward to the most. And since the original 4 exclusives still are exclusive, I get the feeling these will all be this way for ages, if not forever. Ugh.

HiResDes

From what I've seen on Reddit there doesn't seem to be any sightings of Heracross outside of South and Central America, which is hilarious as he's really good 2000+ CP.
I agree would also add variety to the stagnant gym meta. They'll need to have gen 3 ready quicker than 2 if they want to keep the game alive at this rate.

Pachimari

Evolved a bunch of my Gen I Pokémon and finally got a Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise to name a few.

One thing that'll be different and a bit cumbersome for me with these new Pokémon is, that I don't know which of them can evolve, and so I have to check their stats page all the time, until I can remember it.

CassSept

I agree would also add variety to the stagnant gym meta. They'll need to have gen 3 ready quicker than 2 if they want to keep the game alive at this rate.

Given that Gen 2 is significantly smaller, we are past rollout phase and problems that plagued the game during launch period are solved I'd imagine we will get Gen 3 by this summer.

Hoo-doo

Banned
My girl is having a full day of lectures right now, fuming that she's not out there catching all these new Pokeymans i'm sending her screenshots of.

I love it.

I feel like they might have made the Johto Pokemon a bit too common. I haven't even left my house all day and I've caught Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Natu, Wooper, Murkrow and Swinub.

I played for about 40 minutes today, and I'm seeing Houndours and Houndooms on the tracker. I think Houndoom will be a pretty strong attacker. I can't catch them because I'm inside, but I know they will be showing up.

The Johto Pokemon I caught were pretty basic as expected. I hatched an Igglybuff from a 2km egg, so that made my first day of Gen 2 awesome!

Given that Gen 2 is significantly smaller, we are past rollout phase and problems that plagued the game during launch period are solved I'd imagine we will get Gen 3 by this summer.
Gen 3 should be by the 1st anniversary at the absolute latest. That's a little less than 5 months from now, which seems like a reasonable maximum. Gen 2 was 7 months from the initial launch, but most countries got the game weeks or even months later and the early days of the game were pretty rough.

In the meantime, hopefully trading, battling, and a gym overhaul are coming sooner rather than later.

I am realizing I am not very familiar with the Johto region Poke at all... WTF is a Piloswine?

I could name the original 150 by shadows alone

You know, maybe it is worth the coins..

DiZzO33.jpg

Got some lucky catches.

Found a Mantine and Donphan by the river, then a Quilfish by the ocean, and hatched a Stantler.

One of my 10km hatched a Dratini with good stats so I'll keep that for my second Dragonite. Also got my third Gyarados (Dragon Tail + Hydro Pump).

Have another 10km egg to hatch tomorrow, hoping for a Larvitar (or a Snorlax which is the only gen 1 Pokemon I'm still missing...).

189 in the Pokedex now.

q4roel

Had a decent walk last night: Sentret, Furret, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ledyba (holy crap I already have 82 candy's), Ledian, Spinarak, Ariados, Natu, Marrill, Wooper, Murkrow, Dunsparce, Gligar and Swinup.

Hatched a Pichu, Scyther and Squirtle and was able to evolve my two Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon. Very nice.

Top Bottom