• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame to see Pyre so far away in the poll. It seems an original game that could really benefit from some exposure. It got an "Essential" from Eurogamer and the dev pedigree is substantial. I'm ok with people wanting to go with something familiar and I hope it gets streamed from the Allies soon (maybe Ian and someone else).

Philippo

I haven't heard anything to say otherwise at this point. The last update from Talking syndrome was Brad was wrapping up watching the dvds and he'd give them to Huber this week to power through them?

We will see how it shakes out

So it's only going to be the first season (unless New Challenger and Rising are also on dvd)?
Ugh, that's a huge shame.

MrMette

It's a shame to see Pyre so far away in the poll. It seems an original game that could really benefit from some exposure. It got an "Essential" from Eurogamer and the dev pedigree is substantial. I'm ok with people wanting to go with something familiar and I hope it gets streamed from the Allies soon (maybe Ian and someone else).

It's a game I will possibly play later on, so I don't really want to watch that (that said, I have bought both of their other games and never got around to playing them either, but hopefully I will). I usually don't vote for games I will possibly be playing later. I don't think people are saying the game doesn't deserve it, more that it doesn't look like a good streamgame for a group of people in one room.
I voted for Fire Pro Wrestling as although I am usually voting for the Nintendo Party games, I don't really feel watching another one of those for some reason (I am not saying it is a bad game, I have never played it, I just don't feel like it).

That said, I am sure it will be enjoyable.

So it's only going to be the first season (unless New Challenger and Rising are also on dvd)?
Ugh, that's a huge shame.

We'll cover as much as we can. There's a lot to watch. 127 episodes with all three seasons. 76 just for the first.

But there's no pleasing everyone. Even if we do cover all three seasons, I'm sure others will be upset that we haven't read the manga.

I just want to have a meaningful conversation about it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
August 26th for the new yakuza announcement. hope this time for real. I can still feel the disappointment in my bones from watching 1 hour + of Nagoshi promoting his film making buddy. That was some Persona 5 atlus reveal troll flashback inducing stuff except without the payoff.

Lexad

Wait that was him and he also knows bloodworth?

KindaFunny (specifically Greg and David Jaffe) were sorta ripping on Kyle at Playstation Experience last year.

(Greg has his issues because he didn't get the context of a joke) and Jaffe (because Kyle's youtube gaming segment's with Keigleigh ripped on some of his games)

Shu stepped up and defended Kyle.

https://www.reddit.com/r/UneasyAlliance/comments/5gu64l/jaffe_still_crying_about_kyle_now_on_ps_i_love/

Go to 42:23 for Shu defended Kyle

Visceir

Been seeing this "The Legend of the Barrier Skip" youtube video in my recommended youtube videos for a couple days now. Finally gave it a look and found it to be really enjoyable, really felt like "game sleuthing" done well. It's 2 months old and already has 800k views, so I recon it's already quite well known though.

Saw the guy had also made a 'MAKING OF legend of barrier skip' where he went into detail about how he made the video -- perhaps Damiani could find some inspiration or ideas from that.

KindaFunny (specifically Greg and David Jaffe) were sorta ripping on Kyle at Playstation Experience last year.

(Greg has his issues because he didn't get the context of a joke) and Jaffe (because Kyle's youtube gaming segment's with Keigleigh ripped on some of his games)

https://www.reddit.com/r/UneasyAlliance/comments/5gu64l/jaffe_still_crying_about_kyle_now_on_ps_i_love/

Kyle was a stand-up comedian?

farisr

Wait that was him and he also knows bloodworth?
Of course he knows Bloodworth.

Shuhei couldn't resist Kyle's sweet voice and became an ally

shueheiallieshiah8.jpg

It's a game I will possibly play later on, so I don't really want to watch that (that said, I have bought both of their other games and never got around to playing them either, but hopefully I will). I usually don't vote for games I will possibly be playing later. I don't think people are saying the game doesn't deserve it, more that it doesn't look like a good streamgame for a group of people in one room.
I voted for Fire Pro Wrestling as although I am usually voting for the Nintendo Party games, I don't really feel watching another one of those for some reason (I am not saying it is a bad game, I have never played it, I just don't feel like it).

That said, I am sure it will be enjoyable.

Why? You realise Pyre has local competitive multiplayer, right? It's not single player only like Bastion and Transistor.

Stream got better when the crew just lost interest in talking about the game and just got loopy on other things. 3 disconnects on local play is pathetic. Splatoon 2 isn't a good group stream game IMO.

MrMette

Why? You realise Pyre has local competitive multiplayer, right? It's not single player only like Bastion and Transistor.

I probably should have looked at it better then as I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. I am less interested now as I don't play multiplayer games, but that's ok.
I didn't even know about the game until I saw it in the poll and I probably didn't check well enough (as I was under the assumption that it was the same type of game as Bastion and Transistor).
I am sure I will have a better understanding of the game when the review comes out.

Stream got better when the crew just lost interest in talking about the game and just got loopy on other things. 3 disconnects on local play is pathetic. Splatoon 2 isn't a good group stream game IMO.

Time stamp? Excluding their E3 coverage, I can't remember the last time I watched a group stream from beginning to end. Injustice 2 maybe? I usually just skip through to catch the interesting bits if the game doesn't interest me that much.

I probably should have looked at it better then as I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. I am less interested now as I don't play multiplayer games, but that's ok.
I didn't even know about the game until I saw it in the poll and I probably didn't check well enough (as I was under the assumption that it was the same type of game as Bastion and Transistor).
I am sure I will have a better understanding of the game when the review comes out.

Your assumption was a safe one though, it's an action RPG with a single player campaign AND competitive local multiplayer. They're not mutually exclusive.

I want to see them play more sports games. Well, more specifically, I want to see them play a football game.

Get a PES tournament on the go. You can set it to two and a half minutes a half. Matches would be over in no time.

Karu

Maybe they should check out FIFA Street. Was the last Gen7 version any good? Remember we played the original on the XBOX back then at a friends house all the time.

I was really looking forward to the Splatoon stream - playing it myself and it is ridicliously good, but connection issues are a bummer.

Auctopus

I had quite a bit of fun with FIFA Street (PS2) but I was younger and less cynical then so I don't know how it's aged. I distinctly remember the game's difficulty became trivial eventually as you could do constant nutmegs to set up your special before firing it like a truck at the poor goalkeeper.

Mista Koo

The stream started well and ended well. They played a bit too much Salmon Run IMO, although the crazy fog/night stuff at %20 was fun. Damiani playing single player wasn't a joy, I play less shooters than him but I gave the default controls a chance. And just like Jeff on the GB stream watching someone not squid everywhere is painful.
I don't really blame them much for not playing turf war together because it seems too complicated to do, but for me half of the stream should've been that.

I wish Huber would give anime more of a chance. It pains me when I hear he's watching Boruto for someone who barely watches any anime. And it's not like I'm being snobby, I just want him to watch other mainstream shonen.

After Huber wanted to "kick some goals on FIFA", I'm not sure it'll happen!
Huber should stream Behold the Kickmen.

Also realistic sports games aren't fun, besides tennis games maybe.

Maximo

Seeing Colin again...
Quentin-Tarentino-Spits-Out-Champagne.gif

Philippo

We'll cover as much as we can. There's a lot to watch. 127 episodes with all three seasons. 76 just for the first.

But there's no pleasing everyone. Even if we do cover all three seasons, I'm sure others will be upset that we haven't read the manga.

I just want to have a meaningful conversation about it.

Sounds fair.
What about covering only S1 for now, and then do a follow up episode about S2&3 later in the year like JJBAs, whenever you'll have time to catch up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom