• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
no, 4 stages up all the time for the duration of the raid, one 30 stamina with a 3 classes restriction and 3 40 stamina with a single class restriction, but you can only run each one of them for 30 minutes ..so let's say that you do all 3 stages and have a decent team,you can get around 15 copies per day

as per caesar,he doesn't have a farmable version in japan either..if you don't consider the story version,which is only "technically" farmable

Thanks for the explanation.
I think ill try for 10-15 copies per day maybe...depending on how fast i can farm them. Its too much to ask but man it would have been great to have the Anni ship for another week haha.

So no Caesar farmable anytime soon ? I think ill still wait some more then...i have Sockets on Shiki and i rather drop the Sockets on a Legend. My Driven team is good enough already.

bjork

Am I correct in assuming QCK Mihawk is just added to the rotation, and not limited like movie characters? If so, might play around with teams to see what's what. I've been in the habit of leaving a different captain up in each slot, but I feel like BB is the only one that sees any use (and Buggy when there's a one-off stage), so I might make a few different teams ahead of time.

Majukun

Am I correct in assuming QCK Mihawk is just added to the rotation, and not limited like movie characters? If so, might play around with teams to see what's what. I've been in the habit of leaving a different captain up in each slot, but I feel like BB is the only one that sees any use (and Buggy when there's a one-off stage), so I might make a few different teams ahead of time.

as of now none of the neo/kai raids have come back on japan..so no,definitely they are not added to the rotatoion...but they may come back sooner or later...

as of now japan had i think 4 kai raids 8doffy,pica,aokiji,mihawk) and none of them have returned

by the way,i really like this neo-raid formula...it forces me to think outside of my confort zone...it's like going back in time at when i didn't have a complete driven team, which is basically my default team for almost everything

bobohoro

Don't know if I'll even bother with Kai Mihawk without chopperman missions. Don't use slasher much anymore, and FS even less, so why bother if I have to run the raid again another 90 times to get all rewards at a later date.

Kyou

I thought we had a chance for an update with Mihawk starting at midnight but alas

I'm going to run him because one less dex unit on a Zoro team is worth it. I hope I'm not setting myself up for misery when he returns with missions

RedBoot

I'm going to run him because one less dex unit on a Zoro team is worth it. I hope I'm not setting myself up for misery when he returns with missions

I mean, making additional Mihawks wouldn't be the end of the world, especially since this one has two sockets. :p

But yeah, launching this without Chopperman Missions is kind of dumb (and even if we had them, we'd get different items since Japan has those new special skill books now). Hopefully we'll get them by the time Doffy Kai gets here.

It looks like the FB event will be a replacement for what would otherwise be Chopperman missions. There are 6 tiers, just like the Chopperman missions, and the first reward is 3 Azure Princess turtles. In JP, you get 1 turtle for clearing each class restricted version of the raid 3 times for the first tier. If the rewards stay consistent to the chopperman rewards, I'd say the tiers might look something like this:

-3 Azure Princess Turtles
-900 Ray Points
-10HP/10ATK/10RCV CC
-15 Forbidden Tomes
-6 Socket Specific Tomes
-6 Almighty Books

Majukun

as of now i have done the driven part and one run of the 30 stamina...managed to farm 9 copies with my driven team...sadly the slasher and powerhouse part will probably be nowhere that effective

EDIT: slashers down too..16 copies as of now...now though i don't have really any 3d2y sanji in the friend list..i might have to find something with legend lucci

MiTYH

What teams are people running for these? I have to say, I forgot they were 30minutes only, I'm not a fan of that as someone who can't necessarily give that much time to a game. Still, I'll give it a college try. Lucci should help me through Powerhouse, and INTHawk with slashers. Driven is my weakness though

Can I just say that I enjoy the class restricted nature of these neo raids? It's something I've actually wanted for a long time, as it forces you to think outside of the box.

We've always had similar restrictions on fortnights, but they're not hard content at all. This is better.

Between the Slasher & Driven versions I've collected 13 copies so far.

I guess I can add 3-4 more to that later with the powerhouse version if I do it before bed.

Kyou

Only done slasher so far but I got 9 Mihawks from it. Should be able to do the other two types no problem between Doflamingo and Lucci.

The facebook replacement for the chopper missions is a pleasant surprise

Edit: Mihawk with legend Zoro is hilarious. A single matching orb kills him. My team was Zoro/Zoro, Doffy, Inthawk, Kaku and Blenheim. Kaku and Blenheim are just combo beatsticks and also make sure I have matching orbs

MiTYH

Breezing through slasher right now with a makeshfit team of:

Inthawk/raidhawk
3d2y zoro/colo vista
RaidDoffy/Omnigumo

Basically, I needed better sockets since ColoVista has... nothing really. Really need that to come back. But you stall on turtles, breeze through the stage 4, then use Vista to get orbs/remove barriers, doffy/zoro/raidhawk to KO. Omnigumo to remove new barriers and inthawk to win. Couldn't be easier for me, which is nice. I'm going to gem once, maybe twice, since I can get this and Powerhouse easily but really need to research a F2P team for Driven. I've got ceasar so I might be able to do something decent

EMT0

Banned
I'm not really feeling OPTC atm. I started playing Pokemon Go again recently and I haven't done anything in three days. Aside from not having the battery to play, after being outside all I day I can't muster the energy to burn stamina. I should be back to form in a few days though.

Majukun

kind of stuck trying ot find a team for colo moria that can kill invasion whitebeard...i can easily kill both separatedly, but i can't seem to find a reliable team that can kill both

the problem i that i need to bring

- some kind of way to kill oars,either by mitigating damage,"i can't be killed" buff or making some kind of mini-burst..also i still need to understand if i need blue characters for the job or not
- a delayer or fixed damage dealer to kill stage 4 of invasion whitebeard
- a way to reliably kill moria...usually i would just bring raid akainu and kill him, but bringing him means that i have to leave home some other guys

EDIT: started thinking that i might just bruteforce stage 4 of invasion shanks...i have 25 combo hits..meaning i can only kill 2 out of 6,so there are potentially 12 turns to stall but way less in theory since not all locks should go to the same characters..i have 58k hp..so enough to tank a lot of stuff...and i can actually burst whitebeard in one turn

bjork

Ran 30s Mihawk, no drop
wouldn't connect for over 10 minutes to end the stage, even after a force close.

Ran slasher 40, got him.

I'm just not feeling like running the others.

cw_sasuke

Ran 30s Mihawk, no drop
wouldn't connect for over 10 minutes to end the stage, even after a force close.

Ran slasher 40, got him.

I'm just not feeling like running the others.

Same....did the Slasher 40stamina one and that it. Not really interested to farm it more often...but ill try to get some copies of the days, but its not like i have immediate need for him or that there is something else to run.

Ill be honest...i always liked about OPTC that there was some gameplay and skill involved compared to many other Gacha games where you can just "Auto" 99% of the content once you have some strong units. But lately i find myself wishing that OP had some kind of feature that would make i easier and faster to farm low-mid end content. The double stamina runs were already a step in the right direction...but i kinda want something else.

Other games make it easier to just run/auto through some content if you dont feel like spending too much time but still wanna do something useful with your stamina.

Right now it feels like unless you are invested and stone for alot of Raids its weird and difficult to make some real progress. Maybe its just me...i mean the game and the overall systems are still great in my opinion, but i feel the time commitment is higher than in other games.

RedBoot

Happy about the Facebook event covering for the Chopperman missions, assuming that's what happens. Still kind of silly if Global is only a month or so out from getting missions added, but whatever. We could technically get double rewards when Neo Mihawk presumably returns.

Ill be honest...i always liked about OPTC that there was some gameplay and skill involved compared to many other Gacha games where you can just "Auto" 99% of the content once you have some strong units. But lately i find myself wishing that OP had some kind of feature that would make i easier and faster to farm low-mid end content. The double stamina runs were already a step in the right direction...but i kinda want something else.

Other games make it easier to just run/auto through some content if you dont feel like spending too much time but still wanna do something useful with your stamina.

Right now it feels like unless you are invested and stone for alot of Raids its weird and difficult to make some real progress. Maybe its just me...i mean the game and the overall systems are still great in my opinion, but i feel the time commitment is higher than in other games.

Yeah, 2x stamina might be as good as it gets for OPTC (barring, well, 3x or 4x stamina). I used to play Summoner's War, and it was nice to be able to just set your team to auto-clear stuff, but that also gets a little boring. The tap timing gameplay in OPTC is what keeps me enjoying the game, even beyond the One Piece license, and it's kind of impossible to "automate" that.

I certainly have days where I don't perfectly use all my stamina, etc. Always nice to take it easy. Unfortunately, Neo Raids are kind of the opposite of that. :p

bjork

I agree. My teams suffer because I don't have many raid bosses done, but just doing Doflamingo kinda broke my will to do it with others, so I'm perpetually "behind" when I see dream teams and whatnot. Then I see "I farmed 90 copies of this guy" and it makes me want to run away.

If they would just make skill ups go 1 to 1 with dupes, it would honestly increase my interest a great deal now, even though sockets would still be an issue.

Kyou

I definitely go through periods of burnout purely because of the time investment. So far I really am enjoying the Mihawk event but I'm guessing by day 3 I'll be convincing myself I have enough. At least he only needs 9 skill ups.

On a different note, after running Pekoms basically nonstop with the anniversary Sunny I just now noticed I've only gotten two Cavendish drops. Aren't there like 5 stages that drop his book? Glad I don't have him at the moment...

Hana-Bi

I only ran the 30 stam and slasher 40 stage today. Got 8 Mihawk copies from 30 stamina and could have gotten 10 from the 40 stage but I messed up stage 4 on my last run and I didn't want to use another gem for another run in the last minute so I stopped playing. Will run the other stages tomorrow probably just once and will play 30 and slasher stage until I have 60 copies.

RedBoot

Driven and Slasher runs done. Surprisingly, Raid Onigumo's been an MVP on both teams: backup orb control for the Driven team, and shield breaking on Mihawk's revival in the Slasher team. But his most important usage for both teams is killing that damned seahorse. :p

Now to actually figure out what the hell I'm going to do for Powerhouse.

Kyou

My driven team is... Okay

Legend Doffy/Legend Doffy, Legend Blackbeard, Legend Zoro, Shiki, and 4* Moria

2/3rds legends, still kinda iffy

Yes, though he's not skilled up I think

Does he remove Mihawks barrier?

Yeah, I don't think he really needs skill ups though. Starts at 11 and maxes at 5 or something like that.

Also, it's worth noting that boosted units from the last sugofest get -5 to their cooldowns making it worth it to use Caesar over Shiki if you have him for the type advantage.

RedBoot

Put together a terrible Powerhouse team that works. If my friend Blackbeard has no skill levels, the team isn't 100% (depends on enemy cooldowns). Hooray. :/

I initially wanted to get 5 copies per quest each day, but since the PH team's a little unreliable I'm only going to get 4 there and try for 6 on Driven or Slasher, both of which are easily capable. Hopefully 45-60 copies will be enough for max skill/sockets. All three of my teams rely on friend legend captains, my own legend set just doesn't mesh well with these three classes.

On the plus side, if I can complete a NeoHawk with full bind and AH sockets, I can probably zombie several new forests (Doffy at the least).

Kyou

Yeah, I don't think he really needs skill ups though. Starts at 11 and maxes at 5 or something like that.

Also, it's worth noting that boosted units from the last sugofest get -5 to their cooldowns making it worth it to use Caesar over Shiki if you have him for the type advantage.
For some reason I never looked at Mihawk's turn counter. I just assumed his barrier was 99 turns. I'll also switch out Shiki, thanks.

I have no clue what to do for powerhouse though. I need to look at the details of that one.

RedBoot

For some reason I never looked at Mihawk's turn counter. I just assumed his barrier was 99 turns. I'll also switch out Shiki, thanks.

I have no clue what to do for powerhouse though. I need to look at the details of that one.

A F2P team that I found on Reddit is 5+ Sanji with friend Legend Blackbeard, Story Magellan, Gasparde, Raid Kuma, and Colo Vista (with those latter two on the bottom row). You get matching orbs on Sanji and BB early on while stalling, use Vista on stage 4 to give you two more matching orbs (and make sure nobody has a non-type orb) then use Sanji to clear stage 4. Use BB & Maggie to cut Mihawk's health, and Gasparde & Kuma to boost (Kuma won't trigger Mihawk's orb shuffle if he doesn't actually shuffle anything). You can burst Mihawk easily after that.

If you've got the RRs, you can swap Kuma and Gasparde for Squard and Blueno, which offers a more reliable setup with no concerns on orb shuffling. That's the setup I used.

Obviously, if you have Legend Lucci, Hody, or Blackbeard, you're better off building teams around them. I think one of the consistent strategies is to find a way to set your orbs on stage 4, then lock them or clear S4 with a special. That way, you still have your orbs for Mihawk which makes it pretty easily to one-shot him.

Honestly, the Powerhouse quest is extra hard for Global since we lack more JPN-only units there compared to Slasher or Driven. It doesn't help that the orb shuffle nukes characters who would otherwise be MVPs here (Kuma, Hack, frickin' Kyros) and the DOT plus Mihawk's heal makes it hard to outlast him with a tankier team. It's just a rough setup for Global, especially if you're missing characters like 3D2Y Sanji or RR Blueno.

EDIT: In other news, looks like we've got Legend Magellan incoming for JPN. I mentioned a while ago that we were due for another Shooter legend, so this may be that. I'm guessing it'll be an Impel Down batch, with RRs of Hannybal, Domino, Sadie, and a few other wildcards (Saldeath? Bon Clay? Hancock?).

MiTYH

Slasher team + stamina snails = love. Enjoying a nice easy day of farming today.

I... need to rethink my powerhouse team, and actually make a driven one for the gem. Probably won't farm much more beyond that unless the snails are kind to me (so far 1/2 got stamina today). With the rest of the week, I should have more than enough to hopefully max NeoHawk. Sockets, though, are another story.

Kyou

Legend Magellan sounds cool. Health cut and healing every turn? That sounds like a zombie team dream come true. Just sit back and let things die.

Also 3rd Anni Law(the player exp boosting one) is in the database so that's pretty awesome

bobohoro

Well, not having anything to farm as well as getting a meat-up resulted in 20 Mihawks, even if I didn't want him. Oh well. Slasher team is easy, have Lucci for PH and Driven is a bit slow but reliable, so farming isn't too bad. Still, draining that stamina bar with 40 stam raids multiple times a day is tiring, 2xstam/reward really should become the norm.

But then again, CYO half hour raids for a whole week is rather nice, as opposed to the 24h rushes.

RedBoot

Legend Magellan sounds cool. Health cut and healing every turn? That sounds like a zombie team dream come true. Just sit back and let things die.

Yeah, I was wrong about him being a Shooter legend (well, he is a Shooter, just not a class booster), instead he's the Kill Stuff Slowly legend. HP cuts, toxic, heal per turn, and if you add RR Hannybal in there, you can also get some damage reduction and a huge damage boost to toxic'd enemies. Should be a lot of fun to use.

A little surprised we're getting extra RRs of Iva and Jinbe, but that's not exactly unusual anymore. Seems to be a resurgence of sorts of 2.5x leads, which is interesting. We've got like five 2.5x INT leads now, I think? Nami, Whitey Bae, Shyarly, Pedro, and now Hannybal.

Kyou

Remember skill up starts again tomorrow. I'm going to go in with (I estimate) around 35 mihawks so hopefully I get a l get totally average luck and finish him off.

I'm also going to attempt to get some Whitebeards tonight to finish off his skill too. I am somehow only two off from a max Young Whitebeard??

I wonder if it's worth trying to socket the RR Coby in anticipation of the Law forest which is likely next. I pulled him during the CYO sugo and this might arguably be his only real use. His max CD is 18 (starts at 24) which is kinda bad when you consider the fact that he removes a debuff that prevents you from healing. A debuff that would make it difficult for you to stall for 18 turns.

I really want to be able to farm YWB but I don't think I have a team capable of beating both him and Moria. I would like to farm Paulie too but I have seen any suggested teams to do both.

RedBoot

I wonder if it's worth trying to socket the RR Coby in anticipation of the Law forest which is likely next. I pulled him during the CYO sugo and this might arguably be his only real use. His max CD is 18 (starts at 24) which is kinda bad when you consider the fact that he removes a debuff that prevents you from healing. A debuff that would make it difficult for you to stall for 18 turns.

Yeah, I was happy when I pulled him since I figured I'd try and use him on a Legend Marco team to beat Akainu, but due to the HP requirement there's basically no realistic way to do that. :/

Neo Doflamingo coming.

Also Chopperman missions and some free RR garbage pulls

Plus the beginner island stuff, which I believe is the permanent Buggy/Alvida/Kuro/etc fortnights? Also that other STR Ace.

The odd timing on the August 2nd Free RR makes me think we'll have a maintenance the day prior, which is probably when Chopper Man will be added.

Man, I don't know about Neo Doffy on Global just yet. There's just such a discrepancy between what Japan had when they got them and the current state of global.

Fighters: No G4. He came out right before Neo Doffy so Doffy was basically a showcase for G4 Luffy. TS Luffy is also usable but global still lacks 6*+ Sabo who changes from a striker to a fighter.

Strikers: Colo Orlumbus came out right before Doffy and boasts the much wanted 2x orb boost for strikers. Not only that but he's a PSY striker whose boost is conditional on the fact that there is a mob, which I'm assuming the striker Doffy fight was designed for with him summoning a mob during the boss fight. Global's best bet might be WB teams with colo Killer leads for those that don't have him. No colo Ganfall or Kanjuro hurts too.

Cerebral: Not having Inurashi seems to be the only real game changer here. Croc teams will still do what they've always done but the next best option for global might be double Invasion Shanks.

RedBoot

Neo Doffy is almost the opposite of Neo Mihawk for me, my legends should line up well against him. WB takes care of the Striker quest with no issue. I can clear Cerebral if there's a way to run Croc without Legend Doffy, and I'm hoping to find Sengoku teams for Fighter (I think I remember seeing those? Could be wrong).

But yeah, these aren't going to get any easier for Global. We're behind on RRs and Legends, and even if they get added we won't have their skill books. We are woefully behind on colo units, and those tend to fill a lot of useful functions on these, especially for F2P. We're going to have to get creative.

Neo Doffy is almost the opposite of Neo Mihawk for me, my legends should line up well against him. WB takes care of the Striker quest with no issue. I can clear Cerebral if there's a way to run Croc without Legend Doffy, and I'm hoping to find Sengoku teams for Fighter (I think I remember seeing those? Could be wrong).

But yeah, these aren't going to get any easier for Global. We're behind on RRs and Legends, and even if they get added we won't have their skill books. We are woefully behind on colo units, and those tend to fill a lot of useful functions on these, especially for F2P. We're going to have to get creative.

The only Sengoku teams I've seen for fighters has been paired with a G4 captain. I can't even find any videos with Jimbei as a captain. I'd imagine it's possible but it probably won't be very fast with the given 30 minute time window.

Sengoku actually works best in the cerebral fight, assuming you have a 6* Doffy. There's a vid here.

Majukun

hmm..really hope i have enough units to farm this doffy...it would look good on my uji team..maybe a bit too int heavy...but i can put autoheal on him and have 1000 hp heal more often than not

for fighters i wonder if i can make a fighter/free spirit hybrid team..it wouuld have been easier if i had 6+ sabo...

for strikers i had a 2 turn burst team made a while ago..wonder if it will be enough..maybe with a whitebeard friend

for cerebrals i have croco so i should be ok..should being the imperative word since this doffy limits your atk and in japan pretty much anyone used inuarashi to counter that...and we don't have him.

also...french anniversary officially passed and no permanent increased skillup..at this point i'm convinced we will never gonna get it.

RedBoot

The only Sengoku teams I've seen for fighters has been paired with a G4 captain.

Ah, that's probably what I saw, because in my head I'm sure I assumed I could just find G4 friend captains.

Well, there should be a sugo before Doffy, so I guess it's possible we'll have G4 by then... :/

also...french anniversary officially passed and no permanent increased skillup..at this point i'm convinced we will never gonna get it.

Nah, they've just pushed it back to the 20th anniversary event on global. My uncle who works for Bandai said we'll get that and the Ace socket island too!

Hana-Bi

Lol, maxed Mihawk with 25 copies... Sockets are a mess though. Wanted to go for heal/cd and got 0 cd and 1 heal socket. Went for bind / despair now and are 3/1 now (could have been 3/3). Will socket him with the normal Mihawk raid and try to max another Mihawk and go for cd/heal again...

cw_sasuke

This free Law is pretty nice, used him a lot when i played the JPN version for a bit.

15 Neohawk copies so far, i have a team for all 3 type stages now. PH was the easiest - just double Sanji, Vista for stage and and a orbbooster for the boss.

We are getting Neodoffy sooner than i expected - will see if i have a team to farm a couple copies. but i wont force it since i already have Legend Doffy and just last week maxed Slasher/Raid Doffy.

Edit:

Oh didnt know we had 2x skill up today.

My results:

Neohawk 3/14
Colokid 4/19
Yeah, 2x stamina might be as good as it gets for OPTC (barring, well, 3x or 4x stamina). I used to play Summoner's War, and it was nice to be able to just set your team to auto-clear stuff, but that also gets a little boring. The tap timing gameplay in OPTC is what keeps me enjoying the game, even beyond the One Piece license, and it's kind of impossible to "automate" that.

I certainly have days where I don't perfectly use all my stamina, etc. Always nice to take it easy. Unfortunately, Neo Raids are kind of the opposite of that. :p

I agree - the tap gameplay is one of the best part of this game since it still rewards good player performance with hitting perfects. You are right, sometimes you just need to relax and not care about the most efficient way to use your stam.
I agree. My teams suffer because I don't have many raid bosses done, but just doing Doflamingo kinda broke my will to do it with others, so I'm perpetually "behind" when I see dream teams and whatnot. Then I see "I farmed 90 copies of this guy" and it makes me want to run away.

If they would just make skill ups go 1 to 1 with dupes, it would honestly increase my interest a great deal now, even though sockets would still be an issue.

Thats where im at as well...there are still a bunch of early Raid units i never bother bothered with because i just cant farm all those copies. I really try to focus on the most important ones. I maxed some essentials like Mihawk, Garp, Doffy, Zephyr/Shiki etc. so far ...the next one i try to tackle step by step are Enel, Aokiji, Boa, Sabo and Kuma.

At least some of the powercreep is making it easier to farm older stages...worked the last couple months on my Fujitora team, with all units max skilled and AH5 i should be able to run/farm most raids. I just wish we had 2x for Raids.....

I'm beginning to think fighter Neo Doffy might be next to impossible on Global.

Jimbe is the best fighter specific leader on Global but the raid causes a few problems for him. 1) The 50% health cut preemptive takes him out of his 2.75x CA range. 2) The preemptive also shuffles orbs so you can't carry matching orbs off Jimbe's special into the fight. 3) Any time you try manipulating orbs, Doffy will shuffle your orbs. This includes activating Senior Pink's special since he's a self orb-manipulator.

The only way to circumvent this is to use specials that make orbs count as matching i.e. G4, TS Luffy, and raid Bellamys' specials. And since we only have TS Luffy available to global, I think this team will be the only team that could plausibly beat him and even then it is heavily RNG dependent on getting the proper orbs on your PSY units.

Here's to hoping they nerf it before throwing us to the wolves.

cw_sasuke

Toy Soldier FN next - finally some Tashigi books, if can max skill her my Slasher team will be nearly complete.

Top Bottom