• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

dluu13
Member
(04-17-2017, 02:07 AM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiley90

I'm at Copacabana now

I didnt know this was essentially AYCE meat

I'm gonna sleep really well tonight. Thank god my hotel is close and I can just roll home

Like shadowkat and I say, remember to get the pineapple.
shadowkat
Member
(04-17-2017, 01:48 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiley90

I'm at Copacabana now

I didnt know this was essentially AYCE meat

I'm gonna sleep really well tonight. Thank god my hotel is close and I can just roll home

Well, I did say there was a salad bar that you go to first. Did you try the pineapple?
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(04-17-2017, 03:40 PM)
Smiley90's Avatar

Originally Posted by dluu13

Like shadowkat and I say, remember to get the pineapple.

Originally Posted by shadowkat

Well, I did say there was a salad bar that you go to first. Did you try the pineapple?

Yeah well..... i didnt connect the dots.

And yes, they brought pineapple just as I was about to throw in the towel. Had to get some. Real good.

Also the fried bananas!
etrain911
Member
(04-17-2017, 04:12 PM)
etrain911's Avatar
I got into U Toronto! Now to wait for the hardest decision ever.
shadowkat
Member
(04-17-2017, 06:06 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiley90

Yeah well..... i didnt connect the dots.

And yes, they brought pineapple just as I was about to throw in the towel. Had to get some. Real good.

Also the fried bananas!

Did you enjoy it then?

I need to go back. It's been a while since I've been.

And did you get to the ROM?
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-17-2017, 10:37 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by etrain911

I got into U Toronto! Now to wait for the hardest decision ever.

Burger's Priest. There. Your hard decision has been easily made.
dluu13
Member
(04-17-2017, 10:44 PM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Burger's Priest. There. Your hard decision has been easily made.

I had a california burger from there yesterday. It was pretty good.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-17-2017, 11:14 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by dluu13

I had a california burger from there yesterday. It was pretty good.

Anything similar in BC?
Smiley90
Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
(04-17-2017, 11:18 PM)
Smiley90's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Anything similar in BC?

Maybe the Roxy?
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-17-2017, 11:26 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiley90

Maybe the Roxy?

I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever out there. Maybe I'll be at a Vancouver GAF meet up? hah!
dluu13
Member
(04-17-2017, 11:31 PM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

Anything similar in BC?

I didn't really eat many burgers over there :p
crimzonflame
Member
(04-18-2017, 12:05 AM)
crimzonflame's Avatar
Jays, Raptors and Leafs season will all end the same week.
firehawk12
Subete no aware
(04-18-2017, 12:25 AM)
firehawk12's Avatar

Originally Posted by etrain911

I got into U Toronto! Now to wait for the hardest decision ever.

Did they make you mail in a 500 dollar check too? lol

The "reservation" process was really something I haven't experienced before. But I guess they want people who are at least serious about going (or like me, don't mind paying 500 bucks to hold a spot).
Eleuin
Member
(04-18-2017, 03:19 AM)
Eleuin's Avatar
Leafs have shown more heart in 3 games than the raptors have in 3 years
soultron
Banned
(04-18-2017, 03:45 AM)
soultron's Avatar

Originally Posted by etrain911

I got into U Toronto! Now to wait for the hardest decision ever.

Congrats! Do you just have to pick between the schools that let you in now?
Dr Campino
Member
(04-18-2017, 04:11 AM)
Dr Campino's Avatar
It appears I have two spare tickets for the TFC game on Friday night. Anyone interested? Sec 221.
jokkir
Member
(04-18-2017, 07:43 AM)
jokkir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dr Campino

It appears I have two spare tickets for the TFC game on Friday night. Anyone interested? Sec 221.

Slightly but need to check with the friend. How much?
Dr Campino
Member
(04-18-2017, 01:18 PM)
Dr Campino's Avatar

Originally Posted by jokkir

Slightly but need to check with the friend. How much?

Oh I dunno, buy me a drink (or two) at the game, haha.
zroid
Member
(04-19-2017, 07:39 PM)
zroid's Avatar
I want to try the Unicorn Frappuccino

I feel so manipulated
shadowkat
Member
(04-19-2017, 07:44 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by zroid

I want to try the Unicorn Frappuccino

I feel so manipulated

It doesn't sound good but I want it for the colour change.
Last edited by shadowkat; 04-19-2017 at 08:07 PM.
shadowkat
Member
(04-20-2017, 06:13 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar
So there's a nesting Canada goose in the parking lot at work. Like any sane person, I'm staying far away and parking nowhere near them. This morning I saw them and the female is on the grass island on the nest, and the male is out in front in the road. I drove by and he started to honk and chase after my car. Perhaps I need to stay even further away.
explodet
Member
(04-20-2017, 06:49 PM)
explodet's Avatar
Giving Canada Geese a wide berth is never a bad move.
Them varmints is ornery, I tells ya.
krae_man
Member
(04-20-2017, 07:12 PM)
krae_man's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadowkat

So there's a nesting Canada goose in the parking lot at work. Like any sane person, I'm staying far away and parking nowhere near them. This morning I saw them and the female is on the grass island on the nest, and the male is out in front in the road. I drove by and he started to honk and chase after my car. Perhaps I need to stay even further away.

-Deimos
Member
(04-20-2017, 10:42 PM)
-Deimos's Avatar
Everything about that picture is just perfect.
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(04-21-2017, 01:07 AM)
EvilMario's Avatar
Liberals trying to dig their way out of their own hole. The increased rental control is a nice start. Shame they don't actually do anything I like until their ass is on the hot seat.
Lexxism
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:46 AM)
Lexxism's Avatar
RIP Raptors
Eleuin
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:08 AM)
Eleuin's Avatar
TTC really spending 600k to make the train computer say "Sheppard west" huh
Lexxism
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:19 AM)
Lexxism's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eleuin

TTC really spending 600k to make the train computer say "Sheppard west" huh

Can't wait for fare increase next year!
KnightHart
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:49 AM)
KnightHart's Avatar
Hello darkness my old friend

BigJonsson
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:52 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar
I worked at wonderland and one summer a goose ran after me and all my newbie trainees, damn goose claimed the entire bridge for a few days lol
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(04-21-2017, 05:38 AM)
EvilMario's Avatar

Originally Posted by KnightHart

Hello darkness my old friend

A team that has DeRozan as one of its two best players had a pretty low ceiling. I just didn't think it was first round exit to the Bucks low.
BigJonsson
Member
(04-21-2017, 06:12 AM)
BigJonsson's Avatar

Originally Posted by EvilMario

A team that has DeRozan as one of its two best players had a pretty low ceiling. I just didn't think it was first round exit to the Bucks low.


Even though they made the conference finals last year?
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(04-21-2017, 01:03 PM)
EvilMario's Avatar

Originally Posted by BigJonsson

Even though they made the conference finals last year?

Yes. They are in the East, with little hope of advancing past the Cavs and no hope of beating the few teams that could make it out of the west. Basketball unlike most other sports is very cut and dry when it comes to who wins. There are few upsets against the best teams and the team with the best player usually wins. Good regular season teams like the Hawks of the past decade flounder in the playoffs when they are suddenly found to be lacking a top 10 / 15 player.

They are just like any other team in the East below Cleveland, they could lose to pretty much any of the other East playoff teams since they're all so close. Raps might very well "pose the biggest threat to the Cavs", but it doesn't mean much.
crimzonflame
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:04 PM)
crimzonflame's Avatar
Nothing good has ever come from the Raptors name. Dismantle the team and franchise and re brand as the Huskies.
Last edited by crimzonflame; 04-21-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:43 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by crimzonflame

Nothing good has ever come from the Raptors name. Dismantle the team and franchise and re brand as the Huskies.

Dismantle them and have them become a baseball team. Call them the Blue Jays.
Blackhead
Redarse
(04-22-2017, 12:53 AM)
Whose brilliant idea was it to put an Eva Original Chimneys and Uncle Tetsu next to each other at Yorkdale *groans* stands in line

Also whats up with TTC trains going out of service at Wilson station instead of just going one more stop to the terminal destination (for now) at Downsview?
Last edited by Blackhead; 04-22-2017 at 12:57 AM.
KnightHart
Member
(04-22-2017, 01:34 AM)
KnightHart's Avatar

Originally Posted by crimzonflame

Nothing good has ever come from the Raptors name. Dismantle the team and franchise and re brand as the Huskies.

I mean you say that, but the Raptors have yet to lose a game as the Huskies for whatever reason. Channeling that past, untainted energy.
Cripplegate
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:09 AM)
I forgot to post "beer notes" from the meetup discussions, so quickly now:

For Quadratic, the beer I was recommending is La Saison du Tracteur from Le Trou du Diable:


That is THE beer to get right now at the LCBO.

Also, the beer I was trying to order but they were out of was Prophets & Nomads from Collective Arts:


It's a gose brewed with pink Himalayan salt. It's pretty wild. The LCBO has it in cans.

And for Renewed, the Belgian beers I was recommending are from the Rochefort brewery:


The LCBO only carries the 8 and the 10. The 8 is what I specifically recommended, but if you're in a "go big or go home" mood (11.3% ABV!) then by all means hit up the 10. It's pretty great.
dluu13
Member
(04-22-2017, 03:21 AM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cripplegate

I forgot to post "beer notes" from the meetup discussions, so quickly now:

For Quadratic, the beer I was recommending is La Saison du Tracteur from Le Trou du Diable:


That is THE beer to get right now at the LCBO.

Also, the beer I was trying to order but they were out of was Prophets & Nomads from Collective Arts:


It's a gose brewed with pink Himalayan salt. It's pretty wild. The LCBO has it in cans.

And for Renewed, the Belgian beers I was recommending are from the Rochefort brewery:


The LCBO only carries the 8 and the 10. The 8 is what I specifically recommended, but if you're in a "go big or go home" mood (11.3% ABV!) then by all means hit up the 10. It's pretty great.

Collective arts always has the cool looking cans.
Renewed
Member
(04-22-2017, 06:38 AM)
Renewed's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cripplegate

snip.

Oh snap thanks! I'll probably nab an 8 at first cause that 9.2%. No LCBOs on the way between work or elsewhere so I'll have to make a shopping list, whew
gabbo
Member
(04-22-2017, 12:11 PM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackhead

Whose brilliant idea was it to put an Eva Original Chimneys and Uncle Tetsu next to each other at Yorkdale *groans* stands in line

Also whats up with TTC trains going out of service at Wilson station instead of just going one more stop to the terminal destination (for now) at Downsview?

Wilson is the train yard. It's just really, really annoying.
shadowkat
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:18 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackhead

Whose brilliant idea was it to put an Eva Original Chimneys and Uncle Tetsu next to each other at Yorkdale *groans* stands in line

Also whats up with TTC trains going out of service at Wilson station instead of just going one more stop to the terminal destination (for now) at Downsview?

I had to look up Eva' Original Chimney's and now I want one.
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:45 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Renewed

Oh snap thanks! I'll probably nab an 8 at first cause that 9.2%. No LCBOs on the way between work or elsewhere so I'll have to make a shopping list, whew

I can definitely vouch for Rochefort. Just be aware there is a bite to it.

Man...drank a lot yesterday. Goddamb local sports teams...!
dluu13
Member
(04-22-2017, 02:52 PM)
dluu13's Avatar

Originally Posted by shadowkat

I had to look up Eva' Original Chimney's and now I want one.

Looks like they have a location near Bloor/Bathurst. Not too far from our usual meetup spot.

Originally Posted by Kuro Madoushi

I can definitely vouch for Rochefort. Just be aware there is a bite to it.

Man...drank a lot yesterday. Goddamb local sports teams...!

I just had a good ol' Granville Island English Bay Pale Ale yesterday.
I really like their Lions Winter Ale that has this chocolate/vanilla/caramel flavour to it. I still saw some cans of it in LCBO yesterday.
EvilMario
Will QA for food.
(04-22-2017, 04:48 PM)
EvilMario's Avatar
Happy Birthday, Kave!
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-22-2017, 05:14 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by EvilMario

Happy Birthday, Kave!

Happy birthday, EM!
Kave too!
Me too!
dluu13
Member
(04-22-2017, 05:19 PM)
dluu13's Avatar
Is it actually all your birthdays today?
Anyway happy birthday to whomever has a birthday today!
Kuro Madoushi
Member
(04-22-2017, 05:20 PM)
Kuro Madoushi's Avatar

Originally Posted by dluu13

Is it actually all your birthdays today?
Anyway happy birthday to whomever has a birthday today!

Mine (25th) is close to EM's (today). Kave came into existence after a bunch of hair rolled down a hill, got big enough, and got sentient around this time too.
Last edited by Kuro Madoushi; 04-22-2017 at 05:23 PM.
thabiz
Member
(04-22-2017, 05:21 PM)
The prophets and nomads was a huge disappointment. The kettle sour finish totally destroys it.

However IPA no 2 they released a week earlier is a very good take on the NE hazy IPA. Highly recommended
Last edited by thabiz; 04-22-2017 at 05:23 PM.
shadowkat
Member
(04-22-2017, 10:17 PM)
shadowkat's Avatar
Happy Birthday EM & Kave.

Originally Posted by dluu13

Looks like they have a location near Bloor/Bathurst. Not too far from our usual meetup spot.

I vote we go here.
Last edited by shadowkat; 04-22-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Tools