• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

shingi70
Member
(04-01-2017, 02:44 PM)
shingi70's Avatar
Any confrimed price point on those upcoming Joellle Jones Statues?

Teen Titans 4/5: These two issues were a good end to the first arc. I have to shout out Khoi Pham whos artwork works and lives up to kindly Meyers artwork more than I thought it would. These two issues have had alot of character development that Damirn hasn't really gotten in the old universe. Even there all of Damien's relationships were all in the bat family. Looks like Ra's is going to show back up down the line and I'm wondering if it's building up to connect with the events of Detective Comics.

Teen Titans #6 This is the first issue of the new story arc and it mostly serves to get the team to interact with some downtime. The meat of the issue is Jackson Hyde coming to term with his powers as a metahuman and his sexuality. It's clear his mother knows more about his past then she's letting on.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(04-01-2017, 02:52 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

Daken as Wolverine. Yay or nay?

Nay, but I thougth two days ago about him and that I wanted to see him finally meet Old Man Logan.
Last edited by GAMEPROFF; 04-01-2017 at 03:41 PM.
LordOfLore
Member
(04-01-2017, 02:52 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Kicking off my return to comics, I read Deathstroke Rebirth Vol. 1 on Hoopla yesterday. Interesting book. The writing very much expects the reader to fill in the gaps. It's almost... puzzle-esque? As opposed to a lot of "mysteries" where you're not supposed to know until the reveal, here, if you're not making some effort to figure out and fill in the gaps you're gonna have a bad time lol. Right up my alley tho. Slade is such a shitty parent it's incredible, but Wintergreen's talk with Rose about how he's a supervillain and what that implies about his character and parenting makes a lot of sense. I also find myself in weird agreement with Slade about Rose's status. She's not ready. She's got the combat skills, but that's easy when you're a precog. She doesn't have either the paranoia or ruthlessness needed to follow Slade's path, or the sheer dedication and idealism to end up more like Batman (or Nightwing, if you want to make that connection, him being her mentor and all). As such, she's staking out sort of an uncomfortable middle ground as a hero for hire doing stuff she's really not suited for. Very interested in catching all the way up and seeing where this goes; hell of a place to end the volume lol.

Also, I will forever treasure Damian shittalking Slade. Shit was golden, and actually did a really great job of selling the book's driving "Slade is a supervillain" angle. Even in his focus series, he's still getting out-bantered by the heroes. As it should be.

Speaking of Slade, the BC rumor is he's going to start his own team again for the next arc. Still Priest.
dan2026
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:18 PM)
dan2026's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tawney Bomb

I was waiting for this after reading your post on the last page.

Welcome to the club.

Deadly Class 14

'It all comes tumbling down

Tumbling down~~

Tumbling down~~'
Donniewahlberg
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:24 PM)
Donniewahlberg's Avatar

Originally Posted by dan2026

Deadly Class 14

'It all comes tumbling down

Tumbling down~~

Tumbling down~~'

Once you get past wherever vol 3 ends, no hints or references without tags please! I've got vol 4 here but I'm planning on Reread vol 1-3 first so probs won't get to 4 today.
Last edited by Donniewahlberg; 04-01-2017 at 03:26 PM.
GAMEPROFF
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:42 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
Finished Pleasent Hill Standoff.
It was quiete good. But most of the Tie-Ins are pretty shitty.
dan2026
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:45 PM)
dan2026's Avatar

Originally Posted by Donniewahlberg

Once you get past wherever vol 3 ends, no hints or references without tags please! I've got vol 4 here but I'm planning on Reread vol 1-3 first so probs won't get to 4 today.

No worries dude I'll be careful.
Donniewahlberg
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:47 PM)
Donniewahlberg's Avatar

Originally Posted by dan2026

No worries dude I'll be careful.

Cheers man, I hate posting things like that haha, it comes off so arse-y. I wasn't sure what I was going to read after Dept H though and you've totally put me in the mood to catch up and read vol 4. I think vol 5 just dropped but that'll have to wait a few weeks on my end
Tyrant Rave
(04-01-2017, 03:48 PM)
Tyrant Rave's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusknoir

Kill or be killed #7: I liked it but it just ok. Can't wait to see more of the main character and Russian mob. I don't care much for else.

Motor Crush #4: Needs more Lola. Great issue.

The Wild Storm #2: Remind me of all the Tom Clancy books I read in middle school. Its better then those because of all these characters seem more interesting. They look like subdued characters from Metal Gear.

Mother Panic #4-5: Best to issues in the run now. Love the mom and Violent a lot. The art change looks really good. Wouldn't mind it if it stayed that way.

It's been confirmed that Mother Panic will be using a new artist for each arc. So on #7 we're gonna have John Paul Leon.
tim1138
Member
(04-01-2017, 03:54 PM)
tim1138's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Speaking of Slade, the BC rumor is he's going to start his own team again for the next arc. Still Priest.

Take anything posted on BC today with an even bigger grain of salt since it's April Fools Day.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-01-2017, 04:00 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Speaking of Slade, the BC rumor is he's going to start his own team again for the next arc. Still Priest.

Dude look at the date.

Trust NOTHING for at least the next 13 hours.

Besides, it's BC.

And aren't they gearing up for a Deathstroke vs. Titans arc? I doubt they're gonna pivot him into a hero anytime soon.
dan2026
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:01 PM)
dan2026's Avatar
Deadly Class 15

There are no breaks on the suffering train.

Also these kids really do a lot of drugs.
You'd think the teachers would want them to be clean.
I imagine drugs would tend to fuck with your assassin skills somewhat.
shingi70
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:03 PM)
shingi70's Avatar
I dropped Birds of Prey with issue #4. Has the book improved any since then.
Schweinehund
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:05 PM)
Schweinehund's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Speaking of Slade, the BC rumor is he's going to start his own team again for the next arc. Still Priest.

A politically motivated villain team ongoing would be cool. I could see Black Adam, Luthor, Deathstroke, Ra's and Vandal working together.

I always find the villain ongoings more exciting.

but yeah, april fools.
Dusknoir
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:09 PM)
Dusknoir's Avatar
Picked up my first Valiant book the other day.

X-O Man of War #1: Holy shit was it a great issue. It was pretty action packed with amazing art but it manged to give me a sense of what the character Aric is all about. Last page is enough to convince to try the next issue. The only negative is that I didn't see the the blue tail his wife was talking about. Bummer. You guys should try it.
Donniewahlberg
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:11 PM)
Donniewahlberg's Avatar
Man they really let it all hang out with Deadly Class right from the get go huh. Even the 4tj or 5th time through, it's hard to find any cracks in #1. They hit the ground running from day one, I wouldn't say that's true even for a lot of books I like. The entire sequence throughthe day of the dead festival is just incredible. The colours too.

Originally Posted by Dusknoir

Picked up my first Valiant book the other day.

Still haven't read a valiant book, but the previews for this book look fantastic, reminds me of a Conan book.
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:42 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar
Just finished Mighty Morphin Power Rangers : Pink
Jesus that was so satisfying after coming off of the Twitch marathon.
Owzers
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:42 PM)
Owzers's Avatar
Floppies watch you when you sleep and think about giving you paper cuts every night.

They are not our friends, all these years they've just been waiting, and we kept buying despite price increases and worse paper quality...we were fools.

Also Valiant books would never hurt you because they are happy just to be in a home.
Last edited by Owzers; 04-01-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Dusknoir
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:48 PM)
Dusknoir's Avatar
It looks like Conan in the previews but at the end of the issue it goes full alien weaponry.
Shads of D-Day in the last half of the book.
Last edited by Dusknoir; 04-01-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Ross61
Member
(04-01-2017, 05:55 PM)
Ross61's Avatar
DC Metal livestream at 1:00. A link been posted yet?
VanWinkle
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:00 PM)
VanWinkle's Avatar
Finally got Gravity Rush 2. Love the style of this game. It started pretty slow but it seems to be picking up now.
tim1138
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:00 PM)
tim1138's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ross61

DC Metal livestream at 1:00. A link been posted yet?

It's tomorrow
Donniewahlberg
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:01 PM)
Donniewahlberg's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusknoir

It looks like Conan in the previews but at the end of the issue it goes full alien weaponry.
Shads of D-Day in the last half of the book.

Cool, sounds interesting. Hinging of whether I enjoyed Dept. H or not (first Kindt book), which I did, I had made some considerations lately to try some valiant stuff. Pretty much Rai looked cool and then just whatever Kindt & Lemire have did since The Valiant mini, Bloodshot & Ninjak.
Ross61
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:01 PM)
Ross61's Avatar

Originally Posted by tim1138

It's tomorrow

Why...... a Sunday.....


Haven't seen any articles on Judas Contract so I guess problematic crisis averted...
Last edited by Ross61; 04-01-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:10 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ross61

Why...... a Sunday.....


Haven't seen any articles on Judas Contract so I guess problematic crisis averted...

The event's name is Lazarus Contract, so there'll probably be at least a couple Judas Contract callbacks. Hopefully they don't turn Slade into an ephebophile this time around >_>
tim1138
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:11 PM)
tim1138's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ross61

Why...... a Sunday.....


Haven't seen any articles on Judas Contract so I guess problematic crisis averted...

It'll be streaming on Facebook Live on the DC and Batman pages.

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

The event's name is Lazarus Contract, so there'll probably be at least a couple Judas Contract callbacks. Hopefully they don't turn Slade into an ephebophile this time around >_>

He means the animated movie...
GAMEPROFF
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:18 PM)
GAMEPROFF's Avatar
Just read up to Issue 5 of Civil War 2.
Its fine so far, just that Tony Starks seems to suffer von a mental breakdown and everbody else also acts totally out of character
Poodlestrike
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:26 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar

Originally Posted by tim1138

It'll be streaming on Facebook Live on the DC and Batman pages.



He means the animated movie...

Ohhhhh

There's a movie?
Razgriz-Specter
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:29 PM)
Razgriz-Specter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Ohhhhh

There's a movie?

Releasing in 3 days.
Vic_Viper
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:32 PM)
Vic_Viper's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

Daken as Wolverine. Yay or nay?

Please god no! I really hope this isnt a thing lol. Daken has never been the "cool" villan in anything (imo), and id never accept him becoming Wolverine. Even Sabbertooth shouldnt ever be in the running for the title either. Daken's best moment was when he tried to kill Logan in Uncanny X-Force and that should still be canon right?


Anyone here have any good Podcast recommendations? Id like something that delves into entire arcs or runs. Something that goes in depth on a complete arc and not just single issues. Even delving into individual characters would be a plus. Something like View from the Gutters (even though they are pretty much done from what it seems) or even the Spotlight episodes from Comic Geek Speak. Searching on iTunes isnt the greatest as I only find the handful of podcasts that I already know about and have the word Comic in the title.

Dont want a podcast that spends most the time just talking about the individual issues released each week. I already have a few of those that I like and not enough podcasts that delve into specific runs/arcs per episode.

The ones I already listen to and highly recommend for anyone else:

The Comic Conspiracy (old 1up journalist and guest on the Geekbox!)
View from the Gutters
Fatman on Batman (Kevin Smith)
Comic Geek Speak
The Word Ballon (interview podcast with writer or artist)
LordOfLore
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:43 PM)
LordOfLore's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vic_Viper

Please god no! I really hope this isnt a thing lol. Daken has never been the "cool" villan in anything (imo), and id never accept him becoming Wolverine. Even Sabbertooth shouldnt ever be in the running for the title either. Daken's best moment was when he tried to kill Logan in Uncanny X-Force and that should still be canon right?


Anyone here have any good Podcast recommendations? Id like something that delves into entire arcs or runs. Something that goes in depth on a complete arc and not just single issues. Even delving into individual characters would be a plus. Something like View from the Gutters (even though they are pretty much done from what it seems) or even the Spotlight episodes from Comic Geek Speak. Searching on iTunes isnt the greatest as I only find the handful of podcasts that I already know about and have the word Comic in the title.

Dont want a podcast that spends most the time just talking about the individual issues released each week. I already have a few of those that I like and not enough podcasts that delve into specific runs/arcs per episode.

The ones I already listen to and highly recommend for anyone else:

The Comic Conspiracy (old 1up journalist and guest on the Geekbox!)
View from the Gutters
Fatman on Batman (Kevin Smith)
Comic Geek Speak
The Word Ballon (interview podcast with writer or artist)

X-Plain The X-Men is pretty good if you like X-Men stories. The special episodes with guests like Claremont, Ewing, Soule, Spurrier etc are really nice.
my name is ed
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:47 PM)
my name is ed's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

ComicsAlliance's final article(they weren't allowed to do a "Goodbye" article): Why We Love Comics

Who the fuck is cutting up onions in here man
Vic_Viper
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:50 PM)
Vic_Viper's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

X-Plain The X-Men is pretty good if you like X-Men stories. The special episodes with guests like Claremont, Ewing, Soule, Spurrier etc are really nice.

Thanks, ill check it out!

Any other similar style podcasts that delve into more recent runs though too?

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

ComicsAlliance's final article(they weren't allowed to do a "Goodbye" article): Why We Love Comics

Are they shutting down or something?

Is the Marvel Retailer Summit over? Is there any chance they will announce their Reboot/relaunch plans there? Heard they were talking about it the other day but it was behind closed doors and was under an NDA or something and the retailers were super happy about it but werent allowed to discuss.
Last edited by Vic_Viper; 04-01-2017 at 06:56 PM.
mreddie
Member
(04-01-2017, 06:54 PM)
mreddie's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

ComicsAlliance's final article(they weren't allowed to do a "Goodbye" article): Why We Love Comics

That's some radio shit. Radio shows don't get goodbyes.
Sandfox
Member
(04-01-2017, 07:37 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vic_Viper

Thanks, ill check it out!

Any other similar style podcasts that delve into more recent runs though too?



Are they shutting down or something?

Is the Marvel Retailer Summit over? Is there any chance they will announce their Reboot/relaunch plans there? Heard they were talking about it the other day but it was behind closed doors and was under an NDA or something and the retailers were super happy about it but werent allowed to discuss.

The summit was last week, which lined up with the Generations announcement. It's possible we hear whispers from Wondercon, but I doubt it. It's too early for Marvel to announce stuff like that.
BKatastrophe
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:08 PM)
BKatastrophe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vic_Viper

Thanks, ill check it out!

Any other similar style podcasts that delve into more recent runs though too?

I don't know about recent ones, but there are also podcasts similar to Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men with different franchises. There's Fantasticast (I think) which deals with the Fantastic Four, and there's another one with Teen Titans as well. The latter two are hosted by friends of Jay and Miles.
Freezasaurus
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:13 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by LordOfLore

Holy shit. I wonder how much this would go for?

That thing would go for thousands. I have no doubt someone out there would fork out $20k for that.

Originally Posted by dan2026

Deadly Class 14

'It all comes tumbling down

Tumbling down~~

Tumbling down~~'

Those words take me back to Evangelion.

Originally Posted by Owzers

Floppies watch you when you sleep and think about giving you paper cuts every night.

They are not our friends, all these years they've just been waiting, and we kept buying despite price increases and worse paper quality...we were fools.

It was a trade-off. The paper quality has changed to be worse for reading, but better for giving paper cuts. Rebellion was the goal all along.

Originally Posted by VanWinkle

Finally got Gravity Rush 2. Love the style of this game. It started pretty slow but it seems to be picking up now.

Don't forget to grab the free Raven DLC that came out a couple weeks back.
ElNarez
I say thee nay!
(04-01-2017, 08:20 PM)
ElNarez's Avatar
PALS

PALS I JUST REALIZED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD SAYS "COMCS"

WE FUCKED UP
Freezasaurus
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:21 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElNarez

PALS

PALS I JUST REALIZED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD SAYS "COMCS"

WE FUCKED UP

Well, it's practically the same thing.
tim1138
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:21 PM)
tim1138's Avatar
DC is going to publish a Wildstorm 25th anniversary comic with all new stories:

Abernathy broke some news at the panel, that DC will publish a WildStorm 25th anniversary comic, including work from creators such as Fiona Staples, Sean Phillips and Lee Bermejo.

“The title features some new stories, for instance Brandon Choi and Jim Lee are going to revisit their classic creation WildC.A.T.S.,” Abernathy said. “Jeff Scott Campbell’s going to join us briefly for a new Gen 13 story. Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch will have a new Authority story. Brett Booth is going to revisit Backlash. It’s going to be a really great lineup.” Nguyen will contribute a Wildcats 3.0 story.

Lee said the original idea was just to use material “from the vault,” but quickly creators wanted to get involved with new material. Lee said he was surprised by the “enthusiasm and passion” creators had for the WildStorm characters and concepts. “It actually has a fair amount of new stuff in it,” Lee said of the book.

“If you’re a fan, this is a book you’ll want to pick up,” Abernathy said. “It’s 200 pages of WildStorm excellence.”

Cover art - https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/...874627587?s=09
dan2026
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:22 PM)
dan2026's Avatar

Originally Posted by ElNarez

PALS

PALS I JUST REALIZED THE TITLE OF THE THREAD SAYS "COMCS"

WE FUCKED UP

Shut up and read your comcs!

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus

Those words take me back to Evangelion.

No one suffers like Shinji.
tim1138
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:26 PM)
tim1138's Avatar
Hell yes, there's going to be a new Planetary story (with Cassaday) in the anniversary special
ElNarez
I say thee nay!
(04-01-2017, 08:29 PM)
ElNarez's Avatar

Originally Posted by tim1138

Hell yes, there's going to be a new Planetary story (with Cassaday) in the anniversary special

most hype comic of 2017
Ross61
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:29 PM)
Ross61's Avatar

Originally Posted by tim1138

Hell yes, there's going to be a new Planetary story (with Cassaday) in the anniversary special

Let's hope it's not Secret Empire banner Cassaday....
Sandfox
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:32 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ross61

Let's hope it's not Secret Empire banner Cassaday....

The Secret Empire banner actually changes with each issue.
TetraxShards
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:33 PM)
TetraxShards's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sandfox

The Secret Empire banner actually changes with each issue.

He means this.

Sandfox
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:35 PM)
Sandfox's Avatar

Originally Posted by TetraxShards

He means this.

Oh yeah, that doesn't look good lol.
Freezasaurus
Member
(04-01-2017, 08:36 PM)
Freezasaurus's Avatar

Originally Posted by TetraxShards

He means this.

Black Bolt and Cap look constipated.

Thread Tools