Servbot24
[CIA SLOWLY TAKES OFF HOOD]
(04-13-2017, 05:55 PM)
Go Pacers

at least make it five games
True Savior
(04-13-2017, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

Why are all the images in the OP jokes, but the Bucks get a highlight-reel dunk?

Or was there something else going on in that play that I'm not seeing?

Cause it's Giannis. You don't disrespect the future king of the league.

Also, he's basically the Bucks. He leads the team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. He's also top 20 of the league in all of them. Crazy shit.
Last edited by True Savior; 04-13-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Cooter
Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
(04-13-2017, 06:30 PM)
Van Gundy just said the playoffs are over. Warriors win barring injury. lol
Randolph Freelander
(04-13-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by True Savior

Cause it's Giannis. You don't disrespect the future king of the league.

Also, he's dunking on the Hawks. It's always appropriate to show Atlanta failing.
cHaotix8
(04-13-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Cooter

Shit, pretty much. At this point I'm more interested in seeing who makes it out of the East. LeBron's gonna need to channel the spirit wave and tap into the fountain of youth to even stand a chance. They have their work cut out for them in the East this season.
Vanillalite
Ask me about the GAF Notebook
(04-13-2017, 06:48 PM)
Why did this get bumped?

Shouldn't the new playoff thread get a month on regular OT before it gets bumped to community?
Atomic Playboy
(04-13-2017, 06:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Cooter

If I recall correctly, everyone on Earth said that last year too (with Steph coming back from injury) and we all know what happened there... Then again, Kevin Durant is slightly better than Harrison Barnes, so maybe they have a chance. Still gotta get past the Blazers in the first round though... that's a tough out.

Nah, Warriors are going to win it all this year, no question.
LegendofDragoonLives
(04-13-2017, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by cHaotix8

Shit, pretty much. At this point I'm more interested in seeing who makes it out of the East. LeBron's gonna need to channel the spirit wave and tap into the fountain of youth to even stand a chance. They have their work cut out for them in the East this season.

3/4 best teams in the league are all in the West. Not sure why you're trying to make the East seem like anything special. Raptors and Celtics are spearheaded by frontrunners in the playoffs, Wizards could make it real hard vs the Cavs though.
Ronin Ray
(04-13-2017, 07:00 PM)

haha Cavs will make the finals it should be a cake walk. I feel like people say this every year in the East but it never happens
cHaotix8
(04-13-2017, 07:05 PM)

Originally Posted by LegendofDragoonLives

3/4 best teams in the league are all in the West. Not sure why you're trying to make the East seem like anything special. Raptors and Celtics are spearheaded by frontrunners in the playoffs, Wizards could make it real hard vs the Cavs though.

The Warriors are head and shoulders above the competition in the West so it's expected that they'll make the Finals. In comparison, the Cavaliers have been looking vulnerable over the past few months. This will be the first time in a few years that other teams in the East have an actual shot at making the finals. We'll see if Bron and the rest can really turn on that playoff switch.
Fjordson
(04-13-2017, 07:30 PM)
I wanna say the Dubs will easily waltz to to another ring, maybe even go fo fo fo.

But after last year's twist ending, I ain't saying shit other than : Go Dubs.
Cornbread78
(04-13-2017, 07:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Matticers

Prediction time.

Cavs over Celtics in 4
Warriors over Spurs in 5

Warriors over Cavs in 4

All I want to see is the Warriors not winning it all. Or some nice upsets to teams that aren't the Celtics. But it's the NBA and major upsets are rare and I fully expect the Warriors to win it.

This is about right here, lol
Tom Penny
(04-13-2017, 08:01 PM)

The Warriors are head and shoulders above the competition in the West so it's expected that they'll make the Finals. In comparison, the Cavaliers have been looking vulnerable over the past few months. This will be the first time in a few years that other teams in the East have an actual shot at making the finals. We'll see if Bron and the rest can really turn on that playoff switch.

Simple math tells me the Cavs have 3/4 of the best players in every single series in the East. You could argue derozan Lowry are slightly better than Love Kyrie and that's about it...
Servbot24
(04-13-2017, 08:01 PM)
GSW def winning but def not in 4

Originally Posted by Tom Penny

Simple math tells me the Cavs have 3/4 of the best players in every single series in the East. You could argue derozan Lowry are slightly better than Love Kyrie and that's about it...

Plenty of people are better than Love
Tall4Life
(04-13-2017, 08:12 PM)
Cavs might have great players but that doesn't mean much when the team continues to play not great together

They have a team of stars and yet we're all wondering if LeBron is going to save them, that should tell you something
Cornbread78
(04-13-2017, 08:12 PM)
The finals were decided before the first game was played (love the NBA for this.... >: (...

Only Tor make a big push to change this fate with Tucker and Ibaka at the trading deadline and that still isnlt enough. GS is just miles ahead of everyone else in the league when they are playing with their full team, which leads me to my final point,

There were no major injuries to change this fate. Bumps along the road for sure, but nothing to change what is going to happen....
Last edited by Cornbread78; 04-13-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Jarate
(04-13-2017, 08:16 PM)
Trust the System
Cornbread78
(04-13-2017, 08:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Jarate

Trust the System

I want major upsets and no, the Celts losing would not be an "upset"
Jarate
(04-13-2017, 08:22 PM)
In a perfect world the Celtics get swept in round 1, and trade away their first this year for Jahlil Okafor in response
Tom Penny
(04-13-2017, 08:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Servbot24

Plenty of people are better than Love

No there isn't . He would be a top 4 player in basically every single series in the East other than the Raptors. There only player id say for sure is better than Love as the second best player on a team is derozan.
LeBron auto is the best and second best players on teams better than Kyrie? Same thing..
Last edited by Tom Penny; 04-13-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Cornbread78
(04-13-2017, 08:27 PM)

In a perfect world the Celtics get swept in round 1, and trade away their first this year for Jahlil Okafor in response

Is there a nearby bridge I can jump off first?

Rondo should be fun to watch at least..
Bread
Whole Wheat
(04-13-2017, 08:32 PM)
friendly reminder for this page that warrior talk has been banned, no talking about that team.
Fjordson
(04-13-2017, 08:43 PM)
Jarate
(04-13-2017, 09:25 PM)

BTW this ,was my favorite shitpost in my OP. I now hope the Hawks lose miserably (which is actually somewhat likely) so I can shitpost it even more
Servbot24
(04-13-2017, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by Tom Penny

No there isn't . He would be a top 4 player in basically every single series in the East other than the Raptors. There only player id say for sure is better than Love as the second best player on a team is derozan.
LeBron auto is the best and second best players on teams better than Kyrie? Same thing..

I like Beal over Love tbh
Nafai1123
dirty Netflix p00rs!
breathing my air
(04-13-2017, 09:48 PM)
If Vegas accepts odds on the awards getting leaked I would definitely bet on it.
BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 15 years is because they're too good
(04-13-2017, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by Fjordson

Urrrrgh, Robots.
Fjordson
(04-13-2017, 10:04 PM)

Originally Posted by BlackGhost

Urrrrgh, Robots.

I think that's just Klay.

panthapanda
(04-13-2017, 10:16 PM)

BTW this ,was my favorite shitpost in my OP. I now hope the Hawks lose miserably (which is actually somewhat likely) so I can shitpost it even more

Im offended. You don't have to deal with this damn traffic.

imisskylekorver
BlackGhost
The reason the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 15 years is because they're too good
(04-13-2017, 10:18 PM)

I think that's just Klay.

Ok this got me. Think we Should still ban warriors talk though, need to be safe.
BMO = GOAT
(04-13-2017, 10:25 PM)
Wait, why do people want to ban Warriors talk? O.o
LionPride
(04-13-2017, 10:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Ronin Ray

haha Cavs will make the finals it should be a cake walk. I feel like people say this every year in the East but it never happens

Raptors last year took them to 6. This Raptor's team is significantly better than last year's. Raps may beat the Cavs in 6.
Stabby McSter
(04-13-2017, 10:29 PM)

poor team chemistry

are the warriors done?
panthapanda
(04-13-2017, 10:35 PM)

Originally Posted by LionPride

Raptors last year took them to 6. This Raptor's team is significantly better than last year's. Raps may beat the Cavs in 6.

Toronto is considered the 6.

6+6+6=18

18/6=3

Warriors blew a 3-1 lead something something
phanphare
(04-13-2017, 10:54 PM)

Originally Posted by LionPride

they don't have biyombo to strike the fear of god into bron's soul

that's gotta count for something
Fjordson
(04-13-2017, 11:02 PM)
I'm not saying Lebron is going to lose because I don't want to jinx anything, but based on results this is his worst team since his early Cleveland days.

That's just on paper, though. We'll see if there really is a playoff switch.
BlackGhost
(04-13-2017, 11:23 PM)

I'm not saying Lebron is going to lose because I don't want to jinx anything, but based on results this is his worst team since his early Cleveland days.

That's just on paper, though. We'll see if there really is a playoff switch.

I wanna say the Dubs will easily waltz to to another ring, maybe even go fo fo fo.

But after last year's twist ending, I ain't saying shit other than : Go Dubs.

Im not saying the Cavs will win anything. But in many ways you have already jinxed yourself, just by having these bolded thoughts. You might have not said it, but you thought it. You fucked up! This is on you!
friskykillface
(04-13-2017, 11:37 PM)
Live by the 3
Die by the 3
Look at Klay and Stephs game 7 numbers

That's why I wish they signed a legit big because it can easily happen again
But those open looks by Max Barnes really could have won them the title so I don't expect KD to get that shook
Or can he 🤔
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(04-13-2017, 11:38 PM)
I hope this year if the Cavs and Raps play against each other BG won't suddenly hate me for a few days out of nowhere.
Stat Flow
He gonna cry in the car
(04-13-2017, 11:39 PM)
Warriors shoot 3s

Warriors blew a 3 game lead

Rooting for the warriors cause I want Steph and Klay to get their second ring
BlackGhost
(04-13-2017, 11:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

I hope this year if the Cavs and Raps play against each other BG won't suddenly hate me for a few days out of nowhere.

Fam, idk what your talking about.
Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
(04-13-2017, 11:46 PM)

Originally Posted by BlackGhost

Fam, idk what your talking about.

Bro don't do this. You know how you got when it was 2-2.

You weren't friendly again until you went up 3-2.
Vault Dweller 111
(04-13-2017, 11:48 PM)

Rudy Gobert is the first player in NBA history to finish in the top 3 of both offensive & defensive rating. He was #1 and #2 respectively.

Tall4Life
(04-13-2017, 11:49 PM)
It is now the Cleve's time to blow a 3-1 lead, again
Servbot24
(04-13-2017, 11:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Stat Flow

Warriors shoot 3s

Warriors blew a 3 game lead

Rooting for the warriors cause I want Steph and Klay to get their second ring

Of the realistic teams I'm rooting for GSW cuz I want to see Steph go nuts and redeem himself

Of the unrealistic teams, Pacers are my team but after that I'd like to see OKC go far and see Russ have a revenge tour
BlackGhost
(04-13-2017, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Kave_Man

Bro don't do this. You know how you got when it was 2-2.

You weren't friendly again until you went up 3-2.

I mean such a long time ago, who can really say what happened? ....

im kidding lol
friskykillface
(04-13-2017, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Tall4Life

It is now the Cleve's time to blow a 3-1 lead, again

If the Warriors had a huge ego they'd go down 3-0 just to come back in 4 straight games
Bread
Whole Wheat
(04-14-2017, 12:06 AM)

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller 111

beast
Hyperactivity
(04-14-2017, 12:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Jacce

Rajon Rondo is going to win finals MVP.

The most Bulls path ever. They crush the Celtics, activating beast mode Butler, playoff Wade, and national TV Rondo. Whenever they are in danger of being eliminated, a key #TNTBulls game comes in to save them.

The next rounds, they face the Hawks, who are similar to the Bulls in beating good teams and losing to bad teams. This creates a distortion where no one is sure about what is supposed to happen, but Bulls in 7.

Then, on the other side of the bracket, Schrodinger's Lebron has been solved, and it turns out that the Cavs are actually shit. The Raptors show that they are legit contenders, beating them in the ECSF.

That leads to a Bulls - Raptors ECF. In utter terror, the Raptors rebrand to the Huskies for the entire series, but the Bulls counter back by making TNT air all their home games. The last game is a coin-flip. Bulls in 7.

Then, the Bulls get to the finals, and at this point I don't really know or care
CassidyIzABeast
(04-14-2017, 12:13 AM)

Originally Posted by friskykillface

If the Warriors had a huge ego they'd go down 3-0 just to come back in 4 straight games

Then Curry underperforms in the Finals yet again and goes 4-23 and they get swept