• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

WhereAreMahDragonz
Banned
(04-21-2017, 07:01 AM)
Cewyn-kun what are your thoughts so far? Haven't heard much from you. ( ̄ε ̄)
WhereAreMahDragonz
Banned
(04-21-2017, 07:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Zubz

Dragonz is really going for that free Steam game with those emotes, isn't she?

I'm bored and trying not to overeat (﹃)
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 09:58 AM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

While people are here....

Dragonz, cabot, you both have listed Haly as solidly town in your read lists, but I honestly don't quite see it. Most of Haly's posts in this thread have been one-line comments, usually rather light in scum-hunting at that. Why such strong reads? I think one of you called Haly "aggressive", but I would like some quotes to back up those impressions.



Originally Posted by cabot

gut reads, hot off the frying pan:

scum:

05. [m] rac - New - EST
17. [m] Haly - EST


Hmmmmm...
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:06 AM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier

Yeah it's right on the OP:

[img]
https://assets-neogafllc.netdna-ssl.com/forum/image.php?u=323481&dateline=1475778632[/img]

So, because it's burb moderating you're talking about this?

Next.


Honestly I just caught up from the last 3 pages and am in utter disbelief how much effort we're spending speculating about lovers etc. because Burb is moderator and he made a lovers game once.

Just...what?


We work with what we've got, nothing yet so far hints at any sort of lovers/mixed alignment gossips.


Creating far too much noise here.


for the record, lovers can't be mixed alignment.

A mixed alignment masonry can be possible, known as Neighbours. I had this in one of my games.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 10:07 AM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

We knew that already. Town win-con references "ALL threats to anime", implying more than just gaijin scum.

All threats to Anime (AKA Town) is the generic Town win condition for most games.


Dragonz what do you think of 30yearsofhurt
StanleyPalmtree
Banned
(04-21-2017, 10:46 AM)
i have to agree with caboot, the shipper discussion seems to have really run away with itself, we have zero reason to actually believe its actually in this game.
(that said i would probably probably be willing to put money on it being here).

so polts whole self-sacrifice thing, as fars as it could really determine his alignment, i cant decide. the comments about it, taking in regard to pretty much everything else he has said so far, entirely speaks of a inexperience, but i cant for the life of me tell if this is an inexperienced scum overextending himself in his attempts to appear townie, or and inexperience townie legitimately thinking that this is the attitude a townie should have.
but there still two days to make up my mind, so ayyyyyyyy.
StanleyPalmtree
Banned
(04-21-2017, 10:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Zubz

Dragonz is really going for that free Steam game with those emotes, isn't she?

what the bet its a trick prize?
sure you get a steam game, but its one of those super creepy anime games that steams become flooded with.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:16 AM)
cabot's Avatar
Anyone you don't like so far, Stan?

I don't know what a shipper is a, kawaii
Kyanrute
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:19 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
kyaaa

Originally Posted by squidyj

I'm a cop.

ok imma like this is a joke reaction baiter and such. could be dank gambits too from meanies but eeeeeeh. dunno!

Originally Posted by Poltergust

I mean, it's the beginning of the game and nothing has happened yet besides squidyj maybe being a cop (?). I doubt we'll ultimately end up lynching no one by the end of the day, but that vote represents my current opinion of where the game is at right now.

I'm all for the players with abilities to do their stuff before we jump the gun. I'm not sure how many Mafia members there are compared to town members, but we certainly have a large chance of targeting someone innocent if we go into it blindly.

gustie is playing the newbie very hard, nothing that incriminating imo, as long as the play keeps going til the end of the game.

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

If you're really the cop you shouldn't be worried about a peek as it A) allows you to give your results safely and B) since you've already revealed yourself you won't be alive for that long anyway, making yourself useless from the start

Hence why I'm not convinced you're the cop

m9っ`・ω・)

since i thinks "imma the law" is jokes, this seems to go lil too deep imo. does super dragonz detective who looks over every detail match the rest of her content? hmm.

Originally Posted by Poltergust

Can you explain why it's a bad idea?

And yeah, this is the first time I've played Mafia online.

online? have ya played mafia offline then?

Originally Posted by Poltergust

Oh, and I want to bring up something: Is there any reason for the baddies to not target squidyj at this point, assuming he's town?

If no one else claims a special role by the end of the day phase then he put a self-imposed target on his back.

reaaaaaally newbish or extremely filler-y.

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

It's just about impossible to tell what's going on until investigators, etc. use their powers. Votes right now are just going to be based off gut feeling based on things such as past behavior in previous games, relationships with players or crappy anime faces.

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

The person telling you to act on nothing on day one does not respect town lives.

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

I'm more concerned about killing townies who need protecting with a completely blind shot in the dark.

we can't do anything until we have something concrete, eh. disagree, as that magical point of concrete might never even come (beyond lynched ppl getting revealed). gives the newbie vibes too but also reeks of scum.

Originally Posted by Poltergust

I feel so loved!

I don't have anything to put into my defense, though. There's not really anything I can offer here since we just started.

I mean, I wouldn't be the worst choice for a first lynching. Better me than someone who has a special role, even if it does mean I have to dip out of this game prematurely. If it comes to that, I want to do my best to help you guys before the end comes.

really digging that newbie hole. if you is of valuable town asset, you is of engaging self defense.

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

Squidyj first day cop claim comes off as a weird thing to do and then Dragonz response to it by saying haha its a joke guys i have seen worse claims on day 1, comes off as scummy. She is a a lot more active during this day 1 then the previous game we were in together(Persona Mafia), where she was regular town and i was scum.

My vote right now is based on the change of her behaviour between games and her dismissing Squidyj's role claim as a joke.

VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

change of behavior, sure. the joke, naaaah.

Originally Posted by BlackBuzzard

I think both Squidyj and Dragonz are scum. Squidyj makes the mistake of fake claiming cop as a joke puts suspicions on himself goes all tsun tsun over it. Dragonz comes in haha its a joke guys(move along nothing to see here) then posts a lot of fluff and says we should have patience.

You say if Squidyj gets outed as scum then Dragonz would be next. I think you underestimate towns ability to make dumb choices. Dragonz just has to go oh jeez i rly didn't think Squidyj-kun was actual scum, boy i read that completely wrong im such a baka teehee. Its what i did last game and i survived all the lynch attempts even going against somebody who should have already been cleared of suspicions.

Im not saying this will happen but it would not be the first time town goes against logic.

i don't see this. feels fake. scummy too.

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

I missed this, but yes.

I still can't shake the thought that is is a planned scum gambit though, cause squidyj knows he could get away with it.

Like if I was a Godfather, this is the kinda thing I would do to bait the real cop into clearing me right away, cause I know I have some leeway with people. Doubly bad if they have a watcher or something to combo in.

palmer too seems to be thinking of gambits. takes it more seriously than dragonz i think?

Originally Posted by oreomunsta

I don't know if it's entirely a joke, though. In similar types of games like this I've played, people who make those kinds of claims most often are trying to hide something, so their joke draws attention towards themselves.

Most probable scenario is that he's hiding his regular Townie status and hoping he gets targeted (because Townies are a little more expendable than those with abilities :< )

A less likely scenario is pretty much the first scenario, but he may have a different role than cop, and is trying to protect the cop

Another possible, but not as likely, scenario is that he is scum, and is hoping that the obvious attention on him will make it less likely that he gets lynched

an another bit of speculation. notable part is that everything is speculated about to cover them bases. scum or a super anime analyst professor type? hmm.

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

If town decides to lynch on day one, you will gain knowledge of the playing field. Yeah that would be good. BUT more likely then not, you will lynch your own. That one less villager for town and a path to a scum victory becomes that much more clearer.

A day one No Lynch would save that kill for later on.

That's my line of thinking

silly no lynchers. is no good line of thinkings. all these newbie feels make it hard to pinpoint which of the bunch is an actual meanie and who is not grr.

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

A lil theory I had is that there is some kind of pairing scenario in which there are "lovers" of sorts but they don't know who their partner is. Or there's a Cupid like I was in Overwatch and the role is a neutral.

Either way, I don't think it's entirely implausible considering many popular anime series have some sort of partnership / love triangle. Senpai may truly notice us!

(ε` )♡

nice noise. superb filler. i'd reward some shitpostpoints but all this lead was a bunch of filler so no points for you.
Kyanrute
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:20 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar
stan for top anime #gutfeels

i also like zubz so i think he is scum because i am bad at reads
Kyanrute
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:22 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar

Originally Posted by cabot

Anyone you don't like so far, Stan?

I don't know what a shipper is a, kawaii

a shipper is a person who makes ships

is very a, kawaii yes
Kyanrute
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:23 AM)
Kyanrute's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

Kyan-kun always has attention on him. I don't think he's ever been town. Scum-me wouldn't need to throw attention; he has enough of that as it is, by default.

hmm haven't done this in a while

i am ordinary town
StanleyPalmtree
Banned
(04-21-2017, 11:31 AM)

Originally Posted by cabot

Anyone you don't like so far, Stan?

I don't know what a shipper is a, kawaii

30yearsofhurt gives me not great feelings, though im hesitant to put much weight on this, as much of it is how i disagree on the no-lynch/wait till power roles give us something mentality, as this isnt nessisarily a scummy mindset no matter how much i disagree with it.

also that second sentence doesnt seem to make any sense.
StanleyPalmtree
Banned
(04-21-2017, 11:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Kyanrute

stan for top anime #gutfeels

i also like zubz so i think he is scum because i am bad at reads

wait, is this asking me to be anime about me gutfeels, asking for my gutfeels about anime, or saying im top anime gutfeel?

also what about zubz do you like?
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 11:55 AM)
cabot's Avatar
VOTE: TheExodu5

ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU


TRANSLATORS NOTE: KEIKAKU MEANS STEP UP EXO YOUR LAST POST SUCKED.
YesNOnoNOYes
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:14 PM)
YesNOnoNOYes's Avatar
DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No Lynch (2)
Poltergust 119
Nomadic Sparks 351

TheExodu5 (1)
cabot 565

Poltergust (1)
squidyj 289

Haly (1)
cabot 146 305
Palmer_v1 398

30yearsofhurt (1)
rac 335

Kyanrute (1)
Dusk Soldier 308

hey_monkey (1)
TheExodu5 344

hatmoza (1)
cabot 347 353
hey_monkey 453

WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
BlackBuzzard 320
30yearsofhurt 529 546

rac (1)
Swamped 204
30yearsofhurt 220 251

Dusk Soldier (0): cabot 305 347

Nomadic Sparks (0): Palmer_v1 352 398, cabot 353 565

squidyj (0): cabot 116 146, SkyOdin 131 528, 30yearsofhurt 251 529

cabot (0): Palmer_v1 274 352

No active vote for Day 1: 30yearsofhurt (has previously voted), Bowlie, Cewyn, Haly, hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, SkyOdin (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, ultron87, WhereAreMahDragonz, Zubz

Day 1 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 18, BlackBuzzard 10, Bowlie 8, cabot 50, Cewyn 3, Dusk Soldier 11, Haly 16, hatmoza 0, hey_monkey 44, Kyanrute 8, Nomadic Sparks 21, oreomunsta 19, Palmer_v1 23, Poltergust 34, rac 14, SkyOdin 26, squidyj 29, StanleyPalmtree 9, Swamped 8, TheExodu5 5, ultron87 6, WhereAreMahDragonz 64, Zubz 14


Day 1 ends:



12 votes for majority
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 12:50 PM)
cabot's Avatar
Kyan, what do you make of Nomadic's 'LYNCH ME AND FOREVER REGRET YOUR DECISION' atttitude and the fact it was there when he was sitting at 2 votes early on D1?
Kyanrute
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:21 PM)
Kyanrute's Avatar

Originally Posted by cabot

Kyan, what do you make of Nomadic's 'LYNCH ME AND FOREVER REGRET YOUR DECISION' atttitude and the fact it was there when he was sitting at 2 votes early on D1?

when worded like that it feels like scum going for the arrogant play

i've done that in the past as a meanie at least

need to read to see if it feels like that
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 01:45 PM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

But I'd be willing to believe Dragonz is either townie or cop and squidy is trying shift focus from them

Can you elaborate on this? how would squidy think that Dragonz is cop and squidy is trying to shift focus?
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:16 PM)
Cabot, I want you to be honest with me.

Who are you in a secret chat with and why don't you want us to know about it?

140 characters or less please.
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:24 PM)
Nomadic-kun, Poltergust-kun,

I'm concerned you two are using the no Lynch stance as an excuse not to scum hunt.

I can tell you from experience that a no Lynch will not happen today.

I know there's not much to go on yet, but it will be at least 3 or 4 day phases before we get something concrete and by then it could be too late.

Placing a vote on scum even if they don't get lynched is often a sound strategy as they often are hesitant to night kill players that target them during the day phase.

Don't let this day phase go to waste.

vote: palmer_v1
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:25 PM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier

Cabot, I want you to be honest with me.

Who are you in a secret chat with and why don't you want us to know about it?

140 characters or less please.

It's with you, you need to answer my calls.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:27 PM)
cabot's Avatar
is Palmer your scum vote?

Crazy suggestion, but can I get some reasons?
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:29 PM)

Originally Posted by SkyOdin

Right now I am more concerned by the fact that we have way too many players who are are on track to just barely squeak in over the ten-post-per-phase minimum. This is especially true for the posters who only show up to make some noise before vanishing again.

Watch list: Kyanrute, swamped, the exodu5, and ultron, since I know that they are veterans who have more experience than me in playing this game, yet they have been awfully quiet so far. It's suspicious.

I was kind of surprised to see you lump Swamped-hime in with kyanrute, the_exodu5-kun and ultron87-kun.

But I'm glad you pointed it out. Reading over her posts there hasn't been much substance. She was flying under the radar for me.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:32 PM)
cabot's Avatar
Looking back at Palmer, there's not a lot there. Lot's of explaining the game and a read on squidy and Nomadic, along with his very early read list.


He's a worthwhile person to have around in the game though, and there are others doing worse than he, so I'll not be taking him down Day 1 barring some disaster he posts in future.
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by cabot

It's with you, you need to answer my calls.

Just quoting this for extra emphasis because i want to make sure people read this.

Cabot's official stance is that he's in a secret chat with me.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Banned
(04-21-2017, 02:35 PM)

Originally Posted by cabot

All threats to Anime (AKA Town) is the generic Town win condition for most games.


Dragonz what do you think of 30yearsofhurt

Would like to see more going forward but cannot gauge player attitude/behavior rn. Seems to pop in once and a whole to say a whole bunch on nothin. Am not sure if newbie town trying to play smart or newbie scum who is scared

So a null
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:39 PM)

Originally Posted by cabot

is Palmer your scum vote?

Crazy suggestion, but can I get some reasons?

I thought it was fairly obvious based on his vote patterns and his non-committal stance.

Am I over thinking this?
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:46 PM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier

I thought it was fairly obvious based on his vote patterns and his non-committal stance.

Am I over thinking this?

Vote patterns? With no lynch?



Are you thinking at all?
Dusk Soldier
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:48 PM)

Originally Posted by cabot

Vote patterns? With no lynch?



Are you thinking at all?

I don't want to argue about this here. Let's take this to our chat.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 02:52 PM)
cabot's Avatar
Even for you, Dusk, this is more strangely Dusk Soldier-y than usual.


I do not have a secret chat with Dusk Soldier.


Beginning to wish I did.
Bowlie
Banned
(04-21-2017, 02:53 PM)
Duskabot? Caboldier? Who's the seme?

(you don't need to google that if you don't know what it means)

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

but lol lynching me on day one that should end well

Originally Posted by Bowlie

Does that mean anything? Weird choice of words. Why is it not well for you to be lynched?

Originally Posted by Nomadic Sparks

Besides the obvious??

Originally Posted by Bowlie

Focus on the "me" part; it's just that you felt very defensive with only two votes and two days left.

Nomadic, It's been some time since that was said. Could you explain to me again why is it not well for *you* to be lynched?
Swamped
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:18 PM)
Swamped's Avatar
...Is it time to wake up already?

Will read through the thread now
StanleyPalmtree
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:29 PM)
i am very confused by what Dusk is trying to do/say with cabot and his supposed secret chat.
am i missing something, or is confusion the natural reaction here?

Originally Posted by Bowlie

Duskabot? Caboldier? Who's the seme?

(you don't need to google that if you don't know what it means)

i googled it,
i expected worse.
Bowlie
Banned
(04-21-2017, 03:43 PM)

Originally Posted by StanleyPalmtree

i am very confused by what Dusk is trying to do/say with cabot and his supposed secret chat.
am i missing something, or is confusion the natural reaction here?

They both said they were and were not in a secret chat. I'm as confused as you, the argument went nowhere.

Originally Posted by StanleyPalmtree

i googled it,
i expected worse.

You didn't look hard enough, but that's okay.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:50 PM)
cabot's Avatar
Well I was initially joking when I said it was with Dusk.


So, yeah I'm as confused as you guys.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:52 PM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bowlie

Nomadic, It's been some time since that was said. Could you explain to me again why is it not well for *you* to be lynched?

Weren't you going at Poltergust for fishing for PRs?


This is a dangerous question.
Swamped
Member
(04-21-2017, 03:59 PM)
Swamped's Avatar
Looked at Ultron more closely, and while his posts are devoid of meaty content his posts don't seem inherently scummy to me at this time. This is because he made two pretty unequivocal statements - he scumreads Poltergust for his overly-done statements of asking people to lynch him, and implying he is vanilla (no powers). It is useful to note that he hasn't voted for him though, but it seems like Polter is his top scum choice atm. He also said to wait a night to make a decision on squidy, which is reasonable enough.

Cewyn - he hasn't posted much. I've played several other games with him (before he got reincarnated) and he's kind of a wild-card player (super fun lol). He usually doesn't go with the flow, he has his own agenda in mind, even if he is town. Maybe things have changed now, and I'd like to see where things with him go. Currently it seems like he's holding back? He agreed with Ultron on Poltergust, whom he also scumreads. Dunno, I'll have to wait on this one.

BlackBuzzard is interesting. At first I thought his posts were kind of filler-ish, but he makes some very accusatory statements right off the bat, but he explains his thinking. I think I lean town on him

Nomadic Sparks comes across as town to me. He accused Palmer and Cabot of being scum, seemingly because they both voted for him. But Nomadic's reaction felt too quick, and too heated to be a scum one. Also, would two scum partners really vote in succession like that, especially on D1 and so early in the day? In my experience scum usually spreads out votes and tries not to draw attention to them.

Exodus seems to be on travel, hotmonza hasn't posted yet so may get replaced I think.

Originally Posted by Palmer_v1

I missed this, but yes.

I still can't shake the thought that is is a planned scum gambit though, cause squidyj knows he could get away with it.

Like if I was a Godfather, this is the kinda thing I would do to bait the real cop into clearing me right away, cause I know I have some leeway with people. Doubly bad if they have a watcher or something to combo in.

Thanks for explaining your stance on squidy. Like you said, it is convoluted and risky but if anyone can pull it off it's squidy. I still lean town on him today though.
Swamped
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:02 PM)
Swamped's Avatar

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

This whole cupid thing changes everything...

Why? We don't even know if it's a role that is present.
Bowlie
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by cabot

Weren't you going at Poltergust for fishing for PRs?


This is a dangerous question.

That phrasing by itself felt dangerous to me (you yourself said that attitude was a "possible threat"). I'm not asking him if he's a PR or not, or to use his hypothetical ability, I just want to know why he said that - like that - when he didn't answer clearly by "besides the obvious?". Maybe it *is* obvious, but I want to hear him say it.

As I said before, I'm going to spend most of today away from the game/internet, and i'd like to clear this noise instead of keep tunneling.
Palmer_v1
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:21 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier

I thought it was fairly obvious based on his vote patterns and his non-committal stance.

Am I over thinking this?

What exactly should I be committing to? One of the half dozen random theories people have floated based on zero actual evidence?

The only real commitment people can make today is to voting and lynch/no-lynch. I've had and will have votes in place for most of this phase, and I'm obviously firmly in the lynch basket. There's a lot of sketchy people who haven't even made THAT far yet.
Palmer_v1
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:26 PM)
Palmer_v1's Avatar
No active vote for Day 1: 30yearsofhurt (has previously voted), Bowlie, Cewyn, Haly, hatmoza, Kyanrute, oreomunsta, SkyOdin (has previously voted), StanleyPalmtree, ultron87, WhereAreMahDragonz, Zubz

These players are the problem currently, and I think it's foolish to look elsewhere on D1.
WhereAreMahDragonz
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Bowlie

Duskabot? Caboldier? Who's the seme?

(you don't need to google that if you don't know what it means)









Nomadic, It's been some time since that was said. Could you explain to me again why is it not well for *you* to be lynched?

South Park taught me what seme means (⺣◡⺣)♡*

He's either town soft claiming a PR or he's scum trying to save his skin. Pick one.
Poltergust
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:30 PM)
Poltergust's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kyanrute

online? have ya played mafia offline then?

Yeah, a handful of times. It's actually kinda popular in the Smash community lol.

That said, the last time I played was like 2 years ago. I don't even remember if I won that time or not.

Originally Posted by cabot

Weren't you going at Poltergust for fishing for PRs?


This is a dangerous question.

Wait, I was fishing? I was fixated on them, but that's because I think special roles are super special awesome. I don't think I was actively looking for them outside of trying to figure out what squidyj is all about.
cabot
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:36 PM)
cabot's Avatar

Originally Posted by Poltergust

Wait, I was fishing? I was fixated on them, but that's because I think special roles are super special awesome. I don't think I was actively looking for them outside of trying to figure out what squidyj is all about.

Well that smashing bowlie fellow seemed to think so. That was my impression at least
Kevyt
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:37 PM)
Kevyt's Avatar

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

Cewyn-kun what are your thoughts so far? Haven't heard much from you. ( ̄ε ̄)

Still trying to make sense of some posts. Anyways, business as usual for a Mafia game. A cop reveal this early doesn't make sense but then again this is sdquidy :p

If he is indeed a cop then this must be some reverse psychology move against scum, unless he isn't a cop and has an ability that activates when he's targeted (I forgot the formal Mafia name) but I still think he pretty much gave himself in (ha! Pun intended... Get it? Because he's a cop and he's turning himself in... Okay I'm not good at jokes.)

As for you... Hmmm, I'd read you as solid town for now, and given the past game we played which you probably may not remember (I don't remember either).

So I guess if I'm too vote for someone and given that we still have more than 24 hours, I'd go with...

Vote: Squidyj

For now...
ultron87
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:39 PM)
ultron87's Avatar
I assure you all, me squeaking by without a ton of substance on the first day is entirely within character for me. Gut reads aren't really my forte. This always results in people thinking me fishy. This is my lot.

I don't really like either of the two players currently voting No Lynch, Nomadic Sparks and Poltergust. Poltergust for reasons stated earlier with the suspicious selfishness. Sparks because of the aggressive response to being voted for: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=358 There being less than 15 minutes between the vote and the response makes it feel like a super genuine response to being voted for, which makes me think scum since they really don't want to be voted off. Town would be more chill. I can indeed put both of those off to new player jitters, but that's where I'm at.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

The following paragraph is just possible role grousing and remembrance of game's past. It is fluff.

My initial inclination on the seeing the gender stuff was that'd it be a gender targeting Serial Killer like I was in the ill-fated Werewolf 1 game. In this game I'll just assume it is Death Note themed, because writing down names in anonymous PMs to kill people is too damn flavorful for it not to be that. It could also just be flavor, or be text that's there for tweaked versions of classic roles like a gender specific doctor. It could be all these things! Lovers talk makes me sad because it makes me think back to being public lovers with scum in Animal Crossing and everyone thought I was the scum but it was totally Franconp. :(
hey_monkey
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:41 PM)
That's a lot to catch up on. Suspicions in a lot of ways. I'm gonna play catchup and then change my vote away from the inactive, but where will it go? ། ﹒︣ ‸ ﹒︣ །

My gut feelings are... complicated right now. As a first-timer, doing this in text is difficult; there's a lot to process. Gonna pull some things out.

Originally Posted by WhereAreMahDragonz

Cewyn-kun what are your thoughts so far? Haven't heard much from you. ( ̄ε ̄)

Dragonz-senpai, you've prodded a few people and given us some things to think about, but where do you stand?

Originally Posted by cabot

Can you elaborate on this? how would squidy think that Dragonz is cop and squidy is trying to shift focus?

Agreed - this seems possibly backwards. Dragonz made more noise after the (faux) cop claim than before, so how does this work?

Originally Posted by Dusk Soldier

Just quoting this for extra emphasis because i want to make sure people read this.

Cabot's official stance is that he's in a secret chat with me.

I lean town on you because of some of the things you've said - and the way you've explained - but these aggressive-but-not-too moves I find puzzling. Cabot's response reads as a clear joke - why did you target in the first place?

For now... I'm suspicious on Poltergust but lean town. I think he's just newbing harder than he should be, but he's high on my watch list regardless. The next six hours or so are going to be big for a lot of people, I think.
hey_monkey
Banned
(04-21-2017, 04:43 PM)

Originally Posted by ultron87

The following paragraph is just possible role grousing and remembrance of game's past. It is fluff.

My initial inclination on the seeing the gender stuff was that'd it be a gender targeting Serial Killer like I was in the ill-fated Werewolf 1 game. In this game I'll just assume it is Death Note themed, because writing down names in anonymous PMs to kill people is too damn flavorful for it not to be that. It could also just be flavor, or be text that's there for tweaked versions of classic roles like a gender specific doctor. It could be all these things! Lovers talk makes me sad because it makes me think back to being public lovers with scum in Animal Crossing and everyone thought I was the scum but it was totally Franconp. :(

Oooh, that's interesting.

Which reminds me - I have a rules question I have to go ask.
Poltergust
Member
(04-21-2017, 04:47 PM)
Poltergust's Avatar
For what it's worth, I'm most likely not gonna end the day with my No Lynch vote still up. I just don't know who to go for now since we have nothing solid to go forward with.

I'll probably be gunning for one of the less active players, though. I'll need to parse over their post histories, but I don't see much of a reason to be so quiet so early on when everyone here is begging to have a discussion over anything of substance.

Thread Tools