• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter DLC trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Soulstar

I am also still really, really happy that Hunter is female in MvCI. I remember when it was rumored that Hunter was in the game and I just knew it would be a male Hunter but I was hoping they would go with a female Hunter.

I have a very similar thought with Venom, really want Flash but expecting Eddie, so it would be nice if Capcom surprises me again.

Neoxon

I am also still really, really happy that Hunter is female in MvCI. I remember when it was rumored that Hunter was in the game and I just knew it would be a male Hunter but I was hoping they would go with a female Hunter.

I have a very similar thought with Venom, really want Flash but expecting Eddie, so it would be nice if Capcom surprises me again.
Marvel usually says "Agent Venom" when referring to Flash Thompson as Venom. Capcom only said "Venom", so it's safe to assume that it's Eddie Brock.

Alienous

So, like Black Panther with his movie, cut from the main game to capitalize on increased interest in the character prior to Monster Hunter World's release?

Neoxon

I will continue to have faint hope until it is crushed with cold, hard facts.
I know this is minuscule, but I also find it oddly convenient that we got Richard Rider back as Nova & Eddie Brock back as Venom in the comics on the same year of MvCI's release.

I love how so many weapons get representation, and I'm hoping for alternate skins to be a bunch of other monster armors, and weapons.

The thing that bothers me, is that I think this rendition of the monster hunter theme sounds terrible. The monster hunter theme without the horns sounds so.... tame.

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit, she does the Superman dive at the end of her Level 3. It even has the lengthy getting up animation.

giphy.gif

RedBoot

So, like Black Panther with his movie, cut from the main game to capitalize on increased interest in the character prior to Monster Hunter World's release?

Eh, I don't think it's that specifically since both will release this fall and not in early 2018, when their respective events occur.

It's more like Capcom decided to use new characters to drive the DLC sales, and may well have shifted characters from the base roster to facilitate it. But we may never know that for sure.

I won't say it's not an effective plan, but a whopping two new Capcom characters on-disc is pretty weak.

OVDRobo

Looks fun, though she needs to shut up.

The voice sounds a lot more perky than I imagined for a monster hunter character, too.

I would've enjoyed a silent, ambiguous character with a closed helmet that communicates through overly-expressive gestures more, though maybe she's more of what we can expect in Monster Hunter World.

Guess it doesn't really matter since I haven't bought the game and DLC being announced and shown this quickly really doesn't make me want to.

WHY WASN'T SHE IN THE BASE ROSTER?

Considering how games go gold weeks/months before release, it's very possible that she wasn't finished yet. You don't know. You'll never know. No one ever knows when it comes to DLC for any game.

Red Hood came out a month after Injustice 2. How do you know he wasn't already finished before release? You don't. You never will. How come he wasn't in the base roster? Same reason Monster Hunter wasn't included in MvCi's base roster.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Considering how games go gold weeks/months before release, it's very possible that she wasn't finished yet. You don't know. You'll never know. No one ever knows when it comes to DLC for any game.

Red Hood came out a month after Injustice 2. How do you know he wasn't already finished before release? You don't. You never will. How come he wasn't in the base roster? Same reason Monster Hunter wasn't included in MvCi's base roster.

Why are you bringing up Injustice 2 out of nowhere?

HotHamBoy

She totally wasn't cut from the game.

Looks great. Can't wait to try her out. that armor was hilarious.

Another case of Capcom cheaping out on a game's budget and still cutting content for DLC in a $60 game.

It's pretty clear they could have included some of these DLC characters in the already paltry (for MvC standards) roster.

The way I see it a fighting game's roster is its toolset. You *have* to get every single DLC character if you play local at all because even if you don't main that character somebody else will.

It's one thing to make more characters after the game is finished but withholding characters to sell piecemeal is garbage. One hand is cashing your check while the other is digging through your pocket.

As if the outrage over SFxT or vanilla MvC3's DLC ever meant shit. People just accept it now.

Look at NBA 2k18. It's gonna keep getting worse.

Toxi

Banned
The thing that bothers me, is that I think this rendition of the monster hunter theme sounds terrible. The monster hunter theme without the horns sounds so.... tame.
The problem I have is that the main melody is the same slow speed but there's a super fast beat overlapping. It sounds discordant.

The problem I have is that the main melody is the same slow speed but there's a super fast beat overlapping. It sounds discordant.

Oh god, now that you pointed it out, I hear it too! Its just getting worse!

I'm just going to have to make sure I never hear the theme in the game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
moveset looks ok, hopefully they release a less tasteful outfit, she is wearing too much clothes,

Zero-ELEC

Banned
he's right. I dont understand why it's wrong to compare how DLC works with both games.

Not saying they're wrong. It just seemed weird to me to bring up a comparison at all. mreddie asked why she isn't in the base game and The Lone Dragon's explained succinctly that she may not have been finished by the time the game went gold. And then they brought up the comparison.

Again, seemed out of place.

Not saying they're wrong. It just seemed weird to me to bring up a comparison at all. mreddie asked why she isn't in the base game and The Lone Dragon's explained succinctly that she may not have been finished by the time the game went gold. And then they brought up the comparison.

Again, seemed out of place.

It isnt. He's not comparing the games per se, but development of DLC fighters in fighting games.

The Red Hood DLC situation with Injustice 2, and this Monster Hunter DLC situation with MVCI.

It's not like, he's comparing them while insinuating that Injustice 2's development was better even. It was just comparing the timeline between the DLC reveals and both games launch dates.

Neoxon

It isnt. He's not comparing the games per se, but development of DLC fighters in fighting games.

The Red Hood DLC situation with Injustice 2, and this Monster Hunter DLC situation with MVCI.

It's not like, he's comparing them while insinuating that Injustice 2's development was better even. It was just comparing the timeline between the DLC reveals and both games launch dates.
At least with Injustice 2, its base roster had a decent amount of newcomers. So while yes, the situations in terms of timing aren't that different, I2 having more newcomers on Day 1 kinda helped in alleviating some of the backlash. MvCI on the other hand only had 5 characters who weren't in MvC3, so that didn't help matters.

RedBoot

She's not in some special league. Captain Marvel, Ultron, Gamora, Jedah and Thanos all look great too.

All the new characters in the game are pretty great, which is why it's a shame there's so few of them.

(Though I suppose that does bode well for the DLC pack)

Top Bottom