• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

Oh man, I totally forgot about the PSP port of this game... the controls were really annoying, but the game is really great. Anyone tested it on the Vita?

See below :'( I was going to download this as it's only aroun £7 at the moment

You answered your own question.

The remapping works best with games that used the d-pad and face buttons for camera controls. It does nothing to improve games that used L/R unfortunately.

Shot Escape Hatch a question regarding people outside of the US getting the Vita version with their pledge. Anyone here know how that works? I'm in the US but there have been questions regarding that.

Carl

Shot Escape Hatch a question regarding people outside of the US getting the Vita version with their pledge. Anyone here know how that works? I'm in the US but there have been questions regarding that.

Didn't see why that would be a problem? Can't they generate codes for any region?

Anyone have or played Warriors of the Lost Empire? It's 5.99

I've been eying it since it was released on PSP and was wondering if it's any good... This coming from someone who enjoyed Valhalla Knights on PSP as well.

Anyone have or played Warriors of the Lost Empire? It's 5.99

I've been eying it since it was released on PSP and was wondering if it's any good... This coming from someone who enjoyed Valhalla Knights on PSP as well.

For 5.99 I'd definitely give it a shot! Especially if you liked Valhalla Knights. I prefer VK though.

There are some quirks you should consider before you buy though. The upgrade system is really complicated and hard to make good use of. Armor doesn't show up on your character... But I believe each class gets an ultimate armor which changes their appearance. The camera is irritating and takes some getting used to.

But other than that, Yuzo Koshiro composed a nice soundtrack for the game, it has some nice graphics for the character models, and the combat is fun.

ReaperXL7

No idea if anyone actually cares about this game, but decided to take a few shots of it.

guBh8.jpg

55yWA.jpg

z8hsW.jpg

loajo.jpg

I guess it was not as popular as Ragnarok was, which is kind of a shame. The two demo's make LOA seem alittle more in depth than Ragnarok, but it's hard to tell personally since the RO demo is much more limited in what you can do in it. I like the art direction of LOA though, and there is a ton of choice in terms of what class/playstyle you want to pursue. For this character I picked the "Gun Spear thing" and it's pretty awesome, but there are a bunch of other choices.

It will probably never get localized, but i've been debating on importing it, there is just alot I don't understand lol.

ReaperXL7

I don't know how many know about this game, apprently it's been on PC, and Mac for alittle while, but it seems like Sony might be trying to get this Binding of Isaac game on Playstation: http://nearvita.com/2012/05/01/sony-wants-the-binding-of-isaac-a-lot/

binding-of-isaac-depths.jpg

I just found out about this game, but it looks really pretty cool. It's a legend of zelda style dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons. It's also by the same dev behind Super Meatboy.

Gameplay:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=s8WpT_ivI4XM9QSnxoSZAw

hope they can make some headway on this, and they push for a Vita release, as it seems like a game i'd be into.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Interesting, I'm suprised this is the first I've heard of this (the post is from April 30). If I remember correctly, they wanted to release it on 3DS, but Nintendo rejected it since it has some pretty, er...intense content. I have it on PC but it would be better as a portable game, so hopefully it happens.

What's the point of PSN on the vita? It's just turned into a weekly motorstorm update center. Depressing how little Sony has bothered to support this thing

slider

What's the point of PSN on the vita? It's just turned into a weekly motorstorm update center. Depressing how little Sony has bothered to support this thing

Haven't checked in the while (MK will have to wait) but I'm hoping E3 drops some bombs. Or at least keep us updated*!

*I haven't had a chance to check progress and news.

I don't know how many know about this game, apprently it's been on PC, and Mac for alittle while, but it seems like Sony might be trying to get this Binding of Isaac game on Playstation: http://nearvita.com/2012/05/01/sony-wants-the-binding-of-isaac-a-lot/

binding-of-isaac-depths.jpg

I just found out about this game, but it looks really pretty cool. It's a legend of zelda style dungeon crawler with randomly generated dungeons. It's also by the same dev behind Super Meatboy.

Gameplay:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=s8WpT_ivI4XM9QSnxoSZAw

hope they can make some headway on this, and they push for a Vita release, as it seems like a game i'd be into.

isn't it like $5 on pc? Just get that ;P

ReaperXL7

Well to be fair, there are PSP games (if your interested in those) digital releases, PS1 support (someday), and a large piece in the PSuite once that gets off the ground. I agree it sucks that we don't get more updates right now for the Vita, but hopefully that will change soon.

If nothing else when PSuite arrives, that should atleast provide a steady flow of content as long as indie devs choose to take advantage of it in a meaningful way.

isn't it like $5 on pc? Just get that ;P

or I could buy it twice? I found recently that I really enjoy having my main source of gaming being portable, which is why I'm hoping Sony can pump some life into Vita come the three big conferences.

Besides I rarely use my PC for gaming for a varitey of different reasons, so if this comes to Vita i'll probably spend alot more time with it then I would on my PC.

Any idea when they're going to patch in PSOne support? My vita is just sitting here.

And that white one is SO much better looking than the black one.

ReaperXL7

Any idea when they're going to patch in PSOne support? My vita is just sitting here.

Most of us think it will be a "surprise" announcement at E3, if it's later than that....well I just don't know. I want to put Alundra, Legend of Mana, and Legend of Dragoon on my Vita.

Carl

E3

Jack: "The PSVita has had a great first few months with X games already out and X games coming out this year. PSN has also been doing tremendously well on PSVita. PSP games, and Minis are already playable on PSVita, and, as of the end of this conference, PSOne games will be too"

Setre

Starhawk has got me in the mood to play some multiplayer games on my Vita. In y'alls opinion which games have the best multiplayer? I’m not a big fan of co-op as I don’t like being yelled at when I fuck something up, and I fuck stuff up a lot.

Thanks guys and gals.

Mobius 1

At this point the only reason I'm holding on to the Vita is because of the upcoming PSOne update. I haven't picked it up for a while.

The PSN Store today was just (has been) just a massive Motorstorm sale fest. Awful.

yencid

At this point the only reason I'm holding on to the Vita is because of the upcoming PSOne update. I haven't picked it up for a while.

The PSN Store today was just (has been) just a massive Motorstorm sale fest. Awful.

Wait have you been missing this and the past week where they have announced a bunch of things for the vita, or release dates?

Marz

So a new Vita game is coming! Hope your in for some space combat: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/732317316/starlight-inceptiontm

Really looking forward to seeing what comes of this. There are actually quite a few of these kickstarters that I think would be great on Vita, but so many of them are only on PC :(

Damn, Gaf really did a number on this one...

Yes! I love the space combat sub-genre but we hardly ever get any good space combat games.

This looks excellent hopefully it actually plays that way as well.

I don't understand this whole "Vita has no games" meme.

It's been out for two months and has twenty one games with a metacritic score of 70 or higher.

How many good games did the 360 have by this point? Or the PS3? Or the 3DS? Or the PSP? Or any system, ever?

I understand that people are nervous looking towards the future, and part of that comes from the perception that the PSP was a dog for software. But if you look at this device rationally and where it stands in terms of having such a strong software lineup so early in its life plus the added bonus of backwards compatibility that actually is a wonderful upgrade to the visuals in most cases... I just don't get "the vita has no games."

I don't have enough time in the day to play all the shit i have installed on my vita. Just in the last few weeks getting MK and Disgaea 3 added about 500 hours of playtime on top of what i already had coming...

But it's the internet. Groupthink and memes win. Blah.

It's been out for two months and has twenty one games with a metacritic score of 70 or higher.

How many good games did the 360 have by this point? Or the PS3? Or the 3DS? Or the PSP? Or any system, ever?

I understand that people are nervous looking towards the future, and part of that comes from the perception that the PSP was a dog for software. But if you look at this device rationally and where it stands in terms of having such a strong software lineup so early in its life plus the added bonus of backwards compatibility that actually is a wonderful upgrade to the visuals in most cases... I just don't get "the vita has no games."

I don't have enough time in the day to play all the shit i have installed on my vita. Just in the last few weeks getting MK and Disgaea 3 added about 500 hours of playtime on top of what i already had coming...

I think for some people, they aren't used to buying consoles on launch and don't release the software kinda slows down after the launch windows. It's happened with every single console ever released. I'm so glad that the Vita had such a strong launch, there is so much to play and that's not counting the PSPs (albeit limited) library. After E3 would be a better time to judge the consoles next year or so.

Aren't like a third of those games fighters? Have zero interest in those. And full price games... I need at least ~80 metacritic for that ;P

I'm fine with virtua tennis 4 and disgaea 3 and a handful of atlus/xseed psp games I've missed.

Sintoid

So Ragnarock Odissey is coming this summer!

So for those who missed the announcement last week... we're publishing Ragnarok Odyssey in North America! Awwww yeah! Due out for the Vita sometime this summer, and slated for release both as a packaged product (preorderable now at some retailers!) and a digital download, we've also created an official Facebook fan page for the game. So check it out, and be sure to click that "like" button!

KillGore

Vita definitely has the best launch lineup in gaming history (IMO).

I think for some people, they aren't used to buying consoles on launch and don't release the software kinda slows down after the launch windows. It's happened with every single console ever released. I'm so glad that the Vita had such a strong launch, there is so much to play and that's not counting the PSPs (albeit limited) library. After E3 would be a better time to judge the consoles next year or so.

Yeah, that's a good point. I remember all too well the absolute abyss of no good games that the PS3 had for a huge portion of its first year. The 360 had a pretty ok first year, but it wasn't like it is now.

If you're comparing the Vita release schedule in year one to the PS3 in year 5, that's just not fair and the vita will lose every single time. Any system would. The Wii-U will lose in terms of breadth of software in its first year as well. It's just how it goes.

E3, for me, is where I decide if I should be worried about the future or not. I don't think there's any reason to be worried before then. Because like I said before, if you look at it calmly and rationally the amount of quality software this system has so early in its life (with Sound Shapes, Resistance and Gravity Daze coming in the next month...) it's above and beyond any other console release I can think of.

But, the release list falls off a cliff after june. Which is fine, for now. But that's what needs fleshing out at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom