• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Calderc

Lol this is SO FUN with the No Upload Challenge... I lost like $1500 Bounty, but was able to bring it back. It's funny that the other team starts hunting you the fuck down. Phase Shift and Ronin make it really fun to do it with.

Haven't lost game like this so far.

I mean, I used to play East US a bunch but it's guaranteed 120+ ping for me. Not ideal.

It was around 140 for me but it was fine. No noticeable lag.

Maybe I was just too drunk to notice.

I can't go back to fighting red bar warriors in 30fps/P2P. Bungie needs to really step it up for D2

and that

the graphics aren't nearly good enough to justify a 30fps lock in mp

if fucking battlefield 1 and battlefront can have 60fps, so should destiny

Izuna

Banned
Fucking hell lmao, this indicates how fucking terrible the average player is at Bounty Hunt:

Rbp26cL.png

kxHmJ2g.png

No Upload Challenge is super fun <3

In this game, I never died. I got a Nuclear Ejection to work on so many Auto Titans and enemies (if you kill the pilot before they Jump into their Titan, Nuclear Ejection is the way to go as the Titan gets up). I had like 8 Ronins.

Look at how many Amped Weapons I had stacked (the UI caps at 5 edit: 6?)

KodaRuss

Maybe I spoke too soon on the softball. Pretty inconsistent with killing Pilots. Feels like it takes 3 direct hits to take down a Pilot sometimes.

The games for AGDQ 2017 seem to have already been picked but I hope Titanfall 2 makes an appearance at SGDQ 2017. I watched a speedrun of it the other night which was 1 Hour, 48 minutes. It's amazing how much power the game gives you and the strategy skips whole fights in really interesting ways.

I can only remember a single instance where I truly felt as though the opposing team were making a concerted effort to win the game. Bounty hunt seemingly asks too much of players. I feel that the mode doesn't work. I don't like winning because the other team are not trying to play the objective. There's no strategy involved because the level of play in public lobbies is so horrendously low in this particular mode.

It's not like it's remarkably high in other modes, but at least I've never seen a game of attrition end with 5000 to 100 (or the attrition equivalent), and at least on games like Hardpoint or CTF, even though we often manage to win 3-0 or 400-50, it doesn't feel that the win is the result of the opposing team not trying.

I think a lot of people don't get the mode. Some are just going for kills because that's what they want to do, but others just genuinely don't get it and believe that's how they can earn a good score, by stealing cash from others, neglecting the fact that you earn huge amounts of bonus cash by killing the AI, and the amount stolen is miniscule in comparison to the 75% the player is likely to bank.

FStop7

Banned
I'm trying to learn Ronin. Basically my strategy is: phase, rush the enemy titan(s), go HAM with melee until either they die or I nuclear eject. I feel like I'm missing the nuance.

deoee

I'm trying to learn Ronin. Basically my strategy is: phase, rush the enemy titan(s), go HAM with melee until either they die or I nuclear eject. I feel like I'm missing the nuance.

Shotgun does more damage.
Try hitting them and reload in the phase dash.
Then melee etc. also block much

Arttemis

Look at how many Amped Weapons I had stacked (the UI caps at 5)
Can you explain this to me? I'm gen 4 and don't understand that UI. I can't even tell where you can easily determine if boost is ready; I often just hit the button and hope it pops up. Sometimes, I can hit it twice in a row, but that's usually a surprise when it happens.

Izuna

Banned
Can you explain this to me? I'm gen 4 and don't understand that UI. I can't even tell where you can easily determine if boost is ready; I often just hit the button and hope it pops up. Sometimes, I can hit it twice in a row, but that's usually a surprise when it happens.

If you have a Boost available, it will show up above your Grenade. I know, it's rather silly that they stick the same icon on the Build Meter because it gets hard to track at times. I think that's why they made it so that the game constantly reminds you on respawn if you have any.

Anyway, you can stack Boosts (afaik) as many times as you want. In order to do so, you'd have to cycle through Titans, however, the maximum amount it will show you having is 6*, even though you can stack more than that.

If you have multiple boosts stacked, there is a bug currently where your Electric Smoke will appear to be stacked.

Furthermore, there is ANOTHER strange bug where if you earn Electric Smoke as you exit/eject from your Titan, your Boost icon will be replaced by the Smoke as a Pilot.

A lot of the UI in this game is silly but, whatever.

edit: I'm going to test how many Boosts you can stack in a little while.

Shotgun does more damage.
Try hitting them and reload in the phase dash.
Then melee etc. also block much

Also use Arc Wave, it disorientates their vision and does decent damage. Arc wave also destroy a Tone's particle wall in one hit.

Your main enemy are Scorches- Their Flame shield is deadly at your melee range.

Other Titans you have a clear advantage if you play at your fighting distance- which is in their faces.

Arttemis

Ah, I finally see it in those linked pics! Above the grenade, got it. Thank you.

Edit - the fact that the icon is unique and completely different from the selection icons within the boost page. I'm really baffled by the UI decisions in this game!

Izuna

Banned
Ah, I finally see it in those linked pics! Above the grenade, got it. Thank you.

Edit - the fact that the icon is unique and completely different from the selection icons within the boost page. I'm really baffled by the UI decisions in this game!

Yes. The Boost on the Build Meter should be a generic icon that we are familiarised with in the lobby, or made greyscale

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

That's definitely not the way to go about it. Phase should be used as a means to escape or reload and get behind your target. ALWAYS reload during phase dash. Ronin is most effective with surprise attacks and flanking other titans.

I like the extra dash kit and either the kit that makes the leadwall's rounds ricochet or the extra arc wave.

Sword core will replenish all your dashes as well as make them recharge a lot faster. It's not like Stryder's dash core from TF1 but you can really fuck shit up in 1v1 situations especially if you combine it with electric smoke.

IMO Ronin and Scorch are the most fun to play.

Edit : the battery boost is a must with Ronin

Izuna

Banned
If Tone is STILL stupid by the time we get to G3.1...

The thread title will be about her one way or another.

Izuna

Banned
super bunnyhop

Titanfall 2: The Return of Skill-Based Movement?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2wMQUY2Gw8&spfreload=10

Outside of CTF the movement isn't super important to this game.

"Skill-based movement" in this game is merely slide-hopping. It's nothing like how it was in R1.

Air-strafing and slide-hopping is very lenient in R2 and you either do it or not. Sadly, it doesn't actually help too much.

Also, shoutouts to HelloMeow... I really dislike the slide-hopping in this game... While I can do it perfectly, it looks stupid.

If Tone is STILL stupid by the time we get to G3.1...

The thread title will be about her one way or another.

Tone is honestly pretty good right, just needs a nerf on anti-pilot effectiveness. That is to say they need to getting direct hits on pilots with 40mm require more precision.

Izuna

Banned
Tone is honestly pretty good right, just needs a nerf on anti-pilot effectiveness. That is to say they need to getting direct hits on pilots with 40mm require more precision.

40mm is just as fine as it was in R1.

I personally think it just shows how less useful the other weapons are in comparison. I personally think Sonar makes her annoying as a Pilot, and Particle Wall makes her annoying as a Titan.

All I care about is having a reliable counter to the Particle Wall as Northstar.

Otherwise, Tone remains the no-brainer for Attrition.

Anyone have any rubber-banding issues tonight? I can't tell if it is an issue with my home internet or the game since I had that fair-fight error on and off earlier today.

Huh, played for 4 hours today and didn't get Angel City to come up once. Kinda disappointing.
Also this was fucking infuriating, we almost pulled this off this 3 on 6 win.... But no thanks to the jerk who went 0 FOR 0... HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NOT EVEN KILL A SINGLE PILOT.
If you think that's bad, try having two people that combined only manage to get four minion kills the entire game (with none of them being Reapers).
Anyone have any rubber-banding issues tonight? I can't tell if it is an issue with my home internet or the game since I had that fair-fight error on and off earlier today.
I had some lag spikes when I was playing earlier. I've never had them before, but I didn't know if it was me or not.

FStop7

Banned
I'm still playing Ronin the wrong way but I'm already seeing a big jump in my average Attrition score vs. when I used Tone. I've gone from averaging 3 Titan kills per game to 5 or 6. My average score has jumped from the 80s to the 120s.

When playing Ronin I've had Tone and Legion players literally back themselves up against the edge of the map, it's hilarious to watch them backpedal like crazy as I keep rushing them.

I finally pulled myself away from TF2 long enough to stop neglecting some other new games I picked up this season. Jumped back in about ten minutes ago and it feels great to be back. Experienced a fair amount of rubberbanding, though.

I feel like the gun sights are unlocked in the wrong order. The threat sight seems like it would be perfect for new players, but it's useless to you by the time you've put in enough hours to unlock it.

JIP should award double XP

Definitely.

If I'm going to be cleaning up somebody else's shit, I'd at least like to be paid for it.

Right now JIP are pretty much immediate quits for me. Not worth the time.

KodaRuss

I still dont understand Northstar's Core. I would be better off not using it more than half the time. I am starting to do pretty well with her but the core is just about the most high risk low reward things in the game.

I still dont understand Northstar's Core. I would be better off not using it more than half the time. I am starting to do pretty well with her but the core is just about the most high risk low reward things in the game.

Yeah, it's practically worthless. I use it when I have nothing better to do.

Decided to do a single match for happy hour xp, join Attrition Crash Site in Progress, instantly spawn in front of 4 Tones, end up as the only person on your team that has +15 points..... nope, not gonna play anymore.

It was useless before but now it's fine but I still don't get "the right angle" to make it work properly :D

Did I kill you that often with it? :D

Not sure if it was you but right before the match ended (with the ship evacuating and all) I got punched in the face and was denied my only silver lining.

Top Bottom