• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Ptaaty

looks like diggs might not play again this week but who knows, it's only wednesday

who knew a 12th round pick (thielen) would be so good

I have him in a 12 person PPR league....someone picked late round then dropped him (got a defense)...I grabbed him for $3 of my $100 FAAB. Bonus point - 2 person keeper....

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just traded Tyreek Hill for Joe Mixon. Let's go Joe!

Got plenty of WRs and want some RB depth behind Bell/Fournette/Miller.

Ptaaty

Ok new wrinkle.

Thinking of trading Gronk for Adrian Peterson and Larry Fitzgerald. Tell me what an idiot I am, GAF

I didn't follow your entire thread...but this is very situational dependent. General rule of thumb....unless you are in DIRE straights to fill positions of need, you want to get ahold of the "studs" positional advantage...

Pick 2 of the 3 RB's to start

CJ Anderson @ Chargers
Chris Thompson @ Philly
Alvin Kamara @ GB

Gurley is my other running back. This would be for RB2 and Flex.

Crazy to start darkwa against the Seahawks?

Other option is Marlon mack or duke Johnson.

Fuck j stew. He's borderline drop worthy in my 14 team league.

Ugh. Parker might miss another game.

I didn't follow your entire thread...but this is very situational dependent. General rule of thumb....unless you are in DIRE straights to fill positions of need, you want to get ahold of the "studs" positional advantage...

Yeah, I don't need a new position player, but my bench is a little thin. I've rejected the deal and countered with GRONK for K. Hunt and Dez Bryant. Let's see how much losing Rodgers motivates him.

bigkrev

Yeah, I don't need a new position player, but my bench is a little thin. I've rejected the deal and countered with GRONK for K. Hunt and Dez Bryant. Let's see how much losing Rodgers motivates him.

That's the kind of counteroffer that is going to make him stop trying to trade with you.....

Crazy to start darkwa against the Seahawks?

Other option is Marlon mack or duke Johnson.

Fuck j stew. He's borderline drop worthy in my 14 team league.

Ugh. Parker might miss another game.

Of the other RBs you have, Darkwa will probably get the carries to justify starting him over Mack or Duke. However, the Titans pass defense sucks and Duke is mostly used as a receiver, so there's that to consider. I'd say Darkwa is the safer bet. But Mack might see increased PT if Turbin is out for the Colts, and Duke could have a decent day, but it's high-risk.

Tom Nook

I dropped LUCK and Picked up Lions DEF while they're on the bye week.

On week 8, I will use the Lions DEF while JAGs on bye.

Felt good.

Edit:

Is it true that Colts organization not putting LUCK on IR because of season ticket sales?

If true, what scumbags.....

I dropped LUCK and Picked up Lions DEF while they're on the bye week.

On week 8, I will use the Lions DEF while JAGs on bye.

Felt good.

Edit:

Is it true that Colts organization not putting LUCK on IR because of season ticket sales?

If true, what scumbags.....

I was thinking about dropping luck too for lions dst but i'll figure something about before sunday morning

and I didn't watch football back then, but apparently they did the same thing with peyton manning when he was the qb (saying he'd play the year and then was put on ir later on in the season). Anyway, it was a risk I knew in the draft and I don't feel too bad(spent a 10th round pick) but it's time to cut ties. If Luck does play this year, i'm sure it'll be something like Romo last year where he plays one drive, possibly one game.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
The Ravens D just became available in my league. I was thinking about whether to drop the Saints D for future matchups (I'm playing the Steelers D this week), but I'm worried it will be another Jags scenario where they end up being legit.

DeMarco Murray not practicing again.. Fournette not practicing again..

Wonder if this'll be a week when Derek Henry and Chris Ivory are good plays?

I've got Henry on 2 of my teams, and the news is they were going to try to get him more PT to ease the load off of Murray.

Also, Robert Turbin is out for the season, so Mack is the #2 back behind Frank Gore.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Fournette says he feels fine and will play, sounds like jags are just being careful. But I could see Ivory getting more carries in the game as a precaution.

ryan299

I hate my league. Everybody refuses to trade. I need receivers. Cooper, Pryor and Bryant were busts for me. Parker is hurt and I just picked up Woods.

Should I try to sell high on Darkwa and trade him for a receiver?

I hate my league. Everybody refuses to trade. I need receivers. Cooper, Pryor and Bryant were busts for me. Parker is hurt and I just picked up Woods.

if you can talk to the people in person, you need to butter them up so to speak which I had to do last year in my league(work league).

if it's an online league then that's obviously harder

Personally I didn't bother to even try this year in my work league since it was a pain in the ass last year and i'm 5-1 with no major problems on my roster

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Cooper in the flex tonight? (PPR) I feel like he has to bounce back at some point and Crabtree is going to be matched up with Peters a lot.

John Brown, Darkwa, Dion Lewis, Bilal Powell and Mohamed Sanu are my other options.I don't feel confident in the Patriots or Jets RB situation. Darkwa is at Seattle. Sanu is coming off an injury. I feel like it comes down to Cooper vs Brown.

I dropped Tarik Cohen and Cooper Kupp this week, you're welcome. They're both going to have career weeks!

Am I crazy for thinking about starting Cooper in the flex tonight? (PPR) I feel like he has to bounce back at some point and Crabtree is going to be matched up with Peters a lot.

John Brown, Darkwa, Dion Lewis, Bilal Powell and Mohamed Sanu are my other options.I don't feel confident in the Patriots or Jets RB situation. Darkwa is at Seattle. Sanu is coming off an injury. I feel like it comes down to Cooper vs Brown.

Yes, you're crazy. The Raiders are going to get rolled this week (and I'm a Raiders fan). Carr hasn't done anything against the Chiefs in his career when he's healthy.

I'm rolling out Crabtree because he's my only decent WR3, but I don't like it.

Instro

Start Alex Smith or Carson Wentz this week? Raiders seem like a slightly juicier matchup, but Chiefs are going to be missing oline starters again. Thoughts?

Start Alex Smith or Carson Wentz this week? Raiders seem like a slightly juicier matchup, but Chiefs are going to be missing oline starters again. Thoughts?

Wentz is looking like a must start going forward. Good chance that the Redskins are without their 2 best corners this week as well.

ryan299

I'm starting him, don't have a choice, but I believe he's gonna have a good game tonight. Just has to. lol

FML. Cooper, dawg, give me some heads up you're gonna blow up.

And my opponent had Hill and I have Alex Smith and the KC kicker and defense. What a week!

Amari Cooper is officially on my Shit List, along with Todd Gurley. Drafted him last year and hardly did shit for my team. And now he's going off, against my team!

I don't know why you would ever drop the #1 guy in a WR corp...Bench him maybe but you can't give up on a guy 6 weeks in

Oh no, lol I should have been clearer. Drafted him last year but not this year.

Drafted both him and Gurley last year, didn't draft them this year. And both go off on me when their team owners are playing me lol.

Top Bottom