• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2017 (Oct 09 - Oct 15)

mao2

Isn't one bar 20%?

Like Fifa 18 PS4 has one bar so 0-20% stock left, Pokken two bars 20-40%, Date a Live (22nd) three bars 40-60%... and both Lost Sphear games have five bars so 80-100%...?

Maybe Famitsu has some weird way to display the information that confuses me though.
Look at the legend at the bottom of the page. 0-20% is the one on the left, dark green and completely full.

Linkura

Good re: Lost Sphear.

Sick of these half-assed efforts by SE to try to court old-school JRPG fans. The DQ series is the only real effort they put in these days with those fans.

Good re: Lost Sphear.

Sick of these half-assed efforts by SE to try to court old-school JRPG fans. The DQ series is the only real effort they put in these days with those fans.
You didn't like the Bravely series? Even if you didn't like them it's clear they had a ton of effort put into them with pretty high production values.

Linkura

You didn't like the Bravely series? Even if you didn't like them it's clear they had a ton of effort put into them with pretty high production values.

I liked the first, but not the second. But mainly I was referring to their cash-in FF/other franchise games and Tokyo RPG Factory.

Ex-Psych

It has to be the price ruining Lost Sphear potential sales.

Game looks interesting, but not interesting enough to slap down 60 canadian dollars :/

MisterR

02./00. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800) - 55.919 / NEW

08./00. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800) - 12.616 / NEW

and FIFA Switch out of the top 20 already, what a flop that one has turned out to be.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Fifa 18 on Switch is now probably approaching 15K. In terms of user base ratio it’s not bad compared to PS4. And it’s far better than Wii U Fifa 13 numbers.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Fifa 18 on Switch is now probably approaching 15K. In terms of user base ratio it’s not bad compared to PS4. And it’s far better than Wii U Fifa 13 numbers.
FIFA on Switch is over 20k by now. For how irrelevant this franchise is in Japan it will have a respectable LTD and likely benefit from barren holiday schedule.

Lost Sphear definitely bombed, I wonder if Tokyo RPG Factory will survive after this. Switch sales and the Legs Brigade are still going strong though. It’s still crazy to me how Zelda has been on the charts for 8 months now. I wonder if it can make it to a consecutive year.

It was at 17k last week, so probably approaching 20k now. Could be worse.

knkng

As I said I am Setsuna had weird hype before everyone found out it was directed by Atsushi Hashimoto.
I paid $40 for that game and I’m still pissed about it. Everybody who praised it as being a return to form JRPG or whatever need to crawl back under the rocks they came out from.

It’s unfortunate for the people who depend on these sales for their pay checks, but as a fan of JRPGs, I say good riddance.

Jigorath

Banned
FIFA on Switch is over 20k by now. For how irrelevant this franchise is in Japan it will have a respectable LTD and likely benefit from barren holiday schedule.

Too bad the game is bombing where the franchise is actually relevant.

Will EA even bother putting the next FIFA on Switch?

_Dog_

Neo Member
02./00. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800) - 55.919 / NEW

08./00. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800) - 12.616 / NEW

Ah, forgot about that one. Even though the attach rates weren't too far apart, I give that one to PS4.

So I've put up a list of the FW sales of each game that was released on both the PS4 and the Switch the exact same day. Went with Famitsu Sales since they have more info available (except for Lost Sphear, which are MC):

Key:
Game - Sales Number (Rank) - Attach Rate

Nintendo Switch
LEGO City Undercover - 6,118 (#7) - 0.587%
Cars 3: Driven to Win - 3,007 (#14) - 0.249%
One Piece: Unlimited World Red - 3,766 (#14) - 0.241%
Nights of Azure 2 - 4,413 (#13) - 0.276%
FIFA 18 - 12,896 (#9) - 0.713%
Lost Sphear - 5,770 (#9) - 0.310%

PlayStation 4
LEGO City Undercover - 2,346 (#19) - 0.049%
Cars 3: Driven to Win - 1,677 (#27) - 0.034%
One Piece: Unlimited World Red 2,114 (#28) - 0.041%
Nights of Azure 2 - 20,982 (#6) - 0.404%
FIFA 18 - 55,919 (#2) - 1.071%
Lost Sphear - 7,363 (#6) - 0.136%

As LEGO, Cars and One Piece sold more on a platform with a smaller install base, I'll say those did better on Switch after all. Nights of Azure 2 and FIFA 18 had far higher numbers than the Switch versions even if the attach rate gap isn't as large, but it's enough for me to say the PS4 versions have done better (I would have the Switch version of NoA2 tie with the Vita version however as despite selling less had about a bit more attach rate). As for Lost Sphear, the PS4 version might have sold more but the Switch version is not far behind despite the smaller install base, so I'll chalk that one as a tie.

Overall, the Switch leads the PS4 with 3 Wins, 2 Losses and 1 Tie when it comes to games that are released on both platforms on the exact day. It'll be interesting as more comes.

I'll probably update Lost Sphear's numbers when Famitsu's charts show up. If there are any errors or missing info please let me know. Thanks!

P.S. Oh, and if there's a better way to format the info, I'd like to know that as well. Thanks again!

Mory Dunz

attach rate is a dumb comparison this early into switch's life imo. Especially for games that don't sell anything.

This thing isn't a PS4. It has potential to be pass 20m when all is said and done.

Even after Christmas, the HW LTD picture will look completely different (if stock is decent) and thus the ratios too.

DQ11 is one of the few that would be good to look at. (it'll be late on Switch but still)

MTC100

Banned
holy shit,zelda actually made it into the top 10(yeah,I know it's because of the slow week,but still)

40k Switch bought, it's to be expected to be bought by at least a few new Switch owners, given it's reputation and quality.

What's interesting to see is that Splatoon 2 is declining a bit, there were weeks where it was at 100% attach rate with the Switch but those are long gone, in those weeks we also saw Zelda not doing that well along with other Switch releases. It really seems like most people only buy 1 or 2 games with their Switch. At least at first.

MTC100

Banned
I didn't expect Dragon Quest to drop out of the charts for the PS4 and be almost out for the 3DS so soon. Seems like everyone that wants it already got it. It's interesting to see how Splatoon 2 still keeps a top position I guess it will inevitably outsell even the 3DS version of Dragon Quest.

Octopath won't bomb. It's a good game and being promoted by both SE and Nintendo. I can see it pushing Bravely Default numbers.

Just play Lost Sphere's demo and you will understand immediately why this bombed. It's that bad.

WestEgg

I didn't expect Dragon Quest to drop out of the charts for the PS4 and be almost out for the 3DS so soon. Seems like everyone that wants it already got it. It's interesting to see how Splatoon 2 still keeps a top position I guess it will inevitably outsell even the 3DS version of Dragon Quest.

At this point, I'm wondering if Splatoon 2 is going to outsell Pokemon Switch in Japan.

DKHF

I still see 0-20%?
For some reason, they go from 6 bars, to 5, 3, 2 and 1. I havnt noticed before that theres no icon with 4 bars. If you look at the bottom of the Famitsu sales ranking page, it says how many percentages the icons represents.

Look at the legend at the bottom of the page. 0-20% is the one on the left, dark green and completely full.
As said by the others above, the legend at the bottom of the page shows that it's at 20-40%

jnWake

Attach-rate for games with 0.05% or similar feels like such a worthless metric. It's just a niche game that caters to very few people, not hindered by userbase at all.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I think it will go the legacy route, new kits and updated rosters, but the same game.
When EA planned this Switch version, they thought, like mostly everyone, it was going to be another Wii U.

Now Switch is expected to grow faster than the market, I believe EA will want their share and insist, likely with a better version, on a userbase 3 to 4 times as big by next year.

Ah, forgot about that one. Even though the attach rates weren't too far apart, I give that one to PS4.

So I've put up a list of the FW sales of each game that was released on both the PS4 and the Switch the exact same day. Went with Famitsu Sales since they have more info available (except for Lost Sphear, which are MC):

Key:

Nintendo Switch

PlayStation 4

As LEGO, Cars and One Piece sold more on a platform with a smaller install base, I'll say those did better on Switch after all. Nights of Azure 2 and FIFA 18 had far higher numbers than the Switch versions even if the attach rate gap isn't as large, but it's enough for me to say the PS4 versions have done better (I would have the Switch version of NoA2 tie with the Vita version however as despite selling less had about a bit more attach rate). As for Lost Sphear, the PS4 version might have sold more but the Switch version is not far behind despite the smaller install base, so I'll chalk that one as a tie.

Overall, the Switch leads the PS4 with 3 Wins, 2 Losses and 1 Tie when it comes to games that are released on both platforms on the exact day. It'll be interesting as more comes.

I'll probably update Lost Sphear's numbers when Famitsu's charts show up. If there are any errors or missing info please let me know. Thanks!

P.S. Oh, and if there's a better way to format the info, I'd like to know that as well. Thanks again!

What the hell is going on with all these attach ratio posts lately? I don't understand the need to try to justify something with such a useless metric.

I'm sure I am Setsuna had a decent attach ratio on Switch since it was a launch title. Surely that means Lost Sphear won't bomb right because userbase will have multiplied by at least three times by then, right?

So as long as Tokyo RPG Factory keep releasing games as Switch's userbase grows, they'll eventually release a hit game! Huzzah!

Oregano

What the hell is going on with all these attach ratio posts lately? I don't understand the need to try to justify something with such a useless metric.

I'm sure I am Setsuna had a decent attach ratio on Switch since it was a launch title. Surely that means Lost Sphear won't bomb right because userbase will have multiplied by at least three times by then, right?

So as long as Tokyo RPG Factory keep releasing games as Switch's userbase grows, they'll eventually release a hit game! Huzzah!

nmQEY.jpg

Laplasakos

Key:

Nintendo Switch

PlayStation 4

I don't see the need for this considering we are talking about small sales here but anyway, nice work. Oh, there is also DQX which sold more on PS4.

Deku89

I agree. 3rd parties don't really care about attach ratios, they just care about how much they can sell (1st parties probably care a bit more). It's interesting to make the comparison, but kind of a pointless stat.

Aters

I disagree, but I'm also talking the bullshit FF mobile games, all the cash-ins for FF15, half assed remakes of games like SoM, etc.

Octopath Traveler, we just don't know yet.

None of the FFXV related projects is aimed at "courting the old school JRPG fans". I also don't know what's "half ass" about SoM remake.

Linkura

None of the FFXV related projects is aimed at "courting the old school JRPG fans". I also don't know what's "half ass" about SoM remake.

Your first sentence, I can agree with that. I guess I was just lumping "SE bullshit" in my post along with the specific shitting on of old school JRPG fans.

Regarding SOM: They could have done a full-blown remake of the game; instead it looks like a low budget nostalgia cash-in to me. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so I'm not going to fight you if you disagree.

_Dog_

Neo Member

Where did you come up with that conclusion? I've never said anything about Lost Sphear being successful or anything. I'm just posting numbers on how good (or bad) the sales are on both the PS4 and the Switch, and which one fared better (or less bad). There's nothing to justify and I think everyone can agree that Lost Sphear flopped hard.

Seems like your conclusion is even more useless than the attach rate.

I don't see the need for this considering we are talking about small sales here but anyway, nice work. Oh, there is also DQX which sold more on PS4.

I don't think the PS4 and Switch versions of DQX were released on the same day.

I don't think the PS4 and Switch versions of DQX were released on the same day.

Right:

05./00. [PS4] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.08.17} (¥4.800) - 14.052 / NEW

07./00. [NSW] Dragon Quest X: All in One Package <Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online \ Dragon Quest X: Nemureru Yuusha to Michibiki no Meiyuu Online \ Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.09.21} (¥4.800) - 9.482 / NEW

And transfer wii--->switch is free,digital will be interesting.

Top Bottom