• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 - Help Center site appears on EA.com

patapuf

Mess. So no exclusives? Well I guess they did start the whole "console exclusive" thing

Unness proven otherwise one should assume all EA games are multiplatform.

If we were going after GAF rumors the whole EA catalog would be Xbone exclusive. It's really wierd. Since when does EA do tons of exclusives?

Laranja

I really loved the first game, but I can't say I'm too excited about playing a sequel. Maybe I'm just too cynical and can't believe EA can deliver the goods, maybe my excitement level will change whenever the game is shown.

At this point, though, colour me uninterested.

red731

I am going to be pretty sad if it's X1 exclusive and if EA will add guns. I won't buy their console just for this game - which is the game I wanted to see the sequel most of.
Excited and not excited.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Unness proven otherwise one should assume all EA games are multiplatform.

If we were going after GAF rumors the whole EA catalog would be Xbone exclusive. It's really wierd. Since when does EA do tons of exclusives?

Since the first game was a catastrophebomb (Jeff Green said EA called it internally a "total disaster" when he was there), this probably won't sell again anyway (at least not at full price), and that would make it cheap for MS to secure. Selling a million copies at $5 does not really help EA.

The question is...

a) Timed?
b) DICE?

It's hard for me to imagine EA putting their 15MM+ selling studio on this, but it is a big studio. The opportunity cost is just out of whack IMO.

Conor 419

Banned
I think EA have more faith in the IP than you people think. I wouldn't be surprised if long term sales have been good, also a cult title is always great for reputation, which god forbid is one of their priorities as a company right now.

LOL @ the overreactions, especially the gun complaint when the first game had guns and combat.

It might be EA, but I doubt they're stupid. The first game was critically slammed because of it's gunplay and combat. I doubt the sequel will be like the first in this regard. I actually expect the second game to be a bit more arcade like, focusing more on MULTIPLAYER with players competing with scoreboards, etc and less story orientated.

Though, I could be wrong. :p I'm just guessing, of course. ._.

lexi

Banned
I think EA have more faith in the IP than you people think. I wouldn't be surprised if long term sales have been good, also a cult title is always great for reputation, which god forbid is one of their priorities as a company right now.

It'll get a bro makeover and still fail to meet expectations; aka being Dead Space'd.

Pistolero

In the way that they turned Dead Space from a truly unique survival horror sci-fi shooter into a more "mass IP" with more shooting, less horror, and "buy gun parts with real money! Speed up your supplier robot by paying just a buck!"

And the protagonist will be a guy this time around I'm sure. With lots of gunplay in the trailer.

tumblr_m6oaosRkai1qaxdql.gif

kmax

It's finally happening. I've been waiting for every E3 ever since the first one shipped in 08, and I'm stoked for the sequel.

What I don't like is the potential deal EA will have with MS over this. I hope there's no substance to it, seeing that I won't be touching an Xbone this cycle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL @ the overreactions, especially the gun complaint when the first game had guns and combat.

It might be EA, but I doubt they're stupid. The first game was critically slammed because of it's gunplay and combat. I doubt the sequel will be like the first in this regard. I actually expect the second game to be a bit more arcade like, focusing more on MULTIPLAYER with players competing with scoreboards, etc and less story orientated.

Though, I could be wrong. :p I'm just guessing, of course. ._.
I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, but sadly I can't.

I don't even mind multiplayer, I just want a nice sandbox where I can parkour to my heart's content.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
EA looks like they're starting to clean up their act. I'm not supporting them nevertheless, but it'll be interesting to see how they're going to shape up since Riccitiello's resignation. Seeing as they liked to make a big deal on how the new Sims game won't have mandatory online, it could be possible that they're trying to get the ball rolling again.

tci

I'm actually shocked. Did not think this would happen at all, considering.

I really hope they keep the same gameplay and elements as the orginal. Hoping for some action on the ground with vehicles, like the prototuype footage that was leaked from the original.

ad_idem

Not that history necessarily repeats itself, but if you recall, the original ME was a rumored PS3 exclusive and more development time was spent on that platform. Hence the slight graphical edge on the PS3 version over the Xbox360. Yet it came out as multi-platform upon release. All PS3 got was the exclusive (as far as it being free) trials map pack down the road.

Let's hope that this repeats and that ME2 comes out as multi-platform again. Is what I'm trying to tell myself...

JawzPause

please don't be a xbone exclusive shitty kinect game

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh man the gun discussion, the first game did it right

YOU CAN CHOOSE IF YOU WANT TO USE THEM.

Why should the sequel be different and worse for one kind of fanbase?

I would be really happy if it comes out, if it is a x1 exclusive I have a problem, it isn't a system seller but very close to for me

funo

I've said it in the other thread and I will say it again:

Day 1 on PC!

Believe!

me2_pccxuvw.gif

Oh, and yes - less guns, more no guns!

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Because once the guns were introduced the game went from good to mediocre.

I'm generalizing here but originally, Faith was using primarily guns and the game had little focus on parkour. EA wanted something different, a core DICE group wanted gunplay as it was what they as Battlefield vets were familiar with, EA pushed for less gunplay thus we ended up with ME1.

If anything ME2 will probably have a similar balance of parkour/gunplay as the first game, but heavily refined based on the harsh feedback the first game got for its clanky gameplay.

Because once the guns were introduced the game went from good to mediocre.
So it was good for about 5 minutes?

I had no problem with the guns. I thought they were well implemented. If the enemies have guns and combat is inevitable, it follows that you can disarm them, and it follows that you can use their guns. There would have been lots of complaints if you couldn't use the gun that you just kicked out of an enemy's hands.

They did it right - making them cumbersome and having no reloading. It felt like a last-resort each time, and you wanted to ditch them as soon as possible. It also made for some glorious moments. I remember disarming a guy with a shotgun and then sliding on my knees in slo mo while looking around a corner to shoot the other dude. Rarely have I felt so badass in a game.

I understand that some people just came for the parkour, and the movement mechanics were fun enough to just run around without guns, but the context of a story... I dunno if they could get away with that for a whole game. There would have to be no point where you are in combat with enemies with guns. So the entire game would have to be either 100% stealth (which doesn't really go that well with very fast movement) or in a world without guns.

Xbox exclusive would be the stupidest shit ever. Dudebros shunned Mirror's Edge.

That's the whole idea. While it won't sell a lot of copies to the XBone target audience, Mirror's Edge has a relatively large and passionate fanbase that normally wouldn't even think of getting an XBone.

MS will have the dudebros snagged up with CoD, and the GAFfers with ME2.

Also, if MS is smart - which they usually are - it won't be a gun-focussed Kinect only game. It will stick to Mirror's Edge 1 as close as possible.

He also said this so if he does have inside info then we're fucked.

In the way that they turned Dead Space from a truly unique survival horror sci-fi shooter into a more "mass IP" with more shooting, less horror, and "buy gun parts with real money! Speed up your supplier robot by paying just a buck!"

And the protagonist will be a guy this time around I'm sure. With lots of gunplay in the trailer.

mRjo1.gif

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why do everyone assume EA is gonna make this an exclusive? Because you only saw "Xbox" on Amazon? They're not the kind of publisher to make exclusive games to begin with, especially with a franchise that's not very popular.

The first game was criminally underplayed. If MS/EA make it exclusive and remove half of it's potential play base.. man, I don't care what else MS does this gen, that will be there worst crime.

Top Bottom