• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

Lmao, Barry really got destroyed in that gif.

Yup. It's always a fun time to see Barry getting destroyed.

tumblr_inline_nxpz4yM4No1qzzikr_540.gif

Been rewatching s1 in spots. The whole wells/reverse thing is still my favorite.
"It was me the WHOLE time Barry" can't be topped lol.

Also liked the Barry CSI stuff

Been rewatching s1 in spots. The whole wells/reverse thing is still my favorite.
"It was me the WHOLE time Barry" can't be topped lol.

Also liked the Barry CSI stuff

It's going to take some Speed Force magic for Kreisberg and Berlanti to do something like that again right now and in the future. If they can do it once, they can do it again.

Since The Justice League is coming out fairly soon are we expecting some kind of cross advertising similar to Wonder Woman? I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but it would be neat to see some cross advertising with the Flarrowverse akin to what we saw for Supergirl.

ZeroX03

Banned
If Arrow can come back and top itself, Flash can do it too.

I stopped last season at the alien invasion episodes. Should I just read a wiki or power through to the end?

Episodes 13 and 14 are a fun Grodd two part filler. Ep 17 is the musical, also filler.

Otherwise skip to like the last two episodes. I dunno. Says a lot that I had to read the episode descriptions on the wiki because none of them were memorable enough.

Would be nice to see two bad guys fight each other. Like zoom and reverse flash.

that happened last season on Legends technically

Keym

Since The Justice League is coming out fairly soon are we expecting some kind of cross advertising similar to Wonder Woman? I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but it would be neat to see some cross advertising with the Flarrowverse akin to what we saw for Supergirl.

Grant Gustin will grow his moustache for the rest of the season in honor of the Knightmare scene from BvS/Supes CGI'ed out 'stache.

ZeroX03

Banned
Official photos of episode 2 and Barry's new (old) suit. Minor spoilers.

Here's the first two episode synopses as well:

#4.01 "The Flash Reborn"
COMING HOME — With Barry (Grant Gustin) in the speed force, Iris (Candice Patton), Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and Vibe (Carlos Valdes) have taken over protecting Central City. However, when a powerful armored villain threatens to level the city if The Flash doesn’t appear, Cisco makes a risky decision to break Barry out of the speed force. However, the Barry that comes out isn’t the same Barry that went in. Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Todd Helbing & Eric Wallace (401).

#4.02 "Mixed Messages"
BARRY AND IRIS GO TO COUPLES THERAPY: Barry (Grant Gustin) has his hands full when he takes on a dangerous meta (Guest Star Dominic Burgess) who can control technology, while also confronting an obstacle in his personal life: the ramifications of abandoning Iris (Candice Patton) for six months to balance The Speed Force. Meanwhile, Gypsy (Guest Star Jessica Camacho) breaches in for a hot date with Cisco (Carlos Valdes), but she gets annoyed when his work keeps them apart. Directed by Alexandra La Roche. Written by Jonathan Butler & Gabriel Garza.

Sober

So when do we learn that Gypsy is basically Cisco on another Earth and he is basically crushing on himself?

KonradLaw

Savitar being future Barry was an awesome idea, especially seeing how carelessly they treated time remnants before. They just should have revealed it Wells's style, so before winter break. Especially since the whole "he knows all your plans because it's past for him" was a very fun twist.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I still don't like how they are already bringing back Barry. I would like some follow through on the cliffhangers

I mean it's pretty clear they're going Buffy S6 on us. I'm guessing that...

Barry actually wanted to stay in the Soeed Force and his friends pulled him out but he can't tell them.

Volimar

I mean it's pretty clear they're going Buffy S6 on us. I'm guessing that...

Barry actually wanted to stay in the Soeed Force and his friends pulled him out but he can't tell them.

That was a good arc in Buffy, and then the reveal in the musical. Don't want to see it here.

Lakuza

really hoping for a better season for flash. dropped supergirl and legends so its only arrow and flash for me.

Lakuza

You uh.. dropped Legends? When exactly did you drop it?

Dropped Legends...?

its not for me, watched both seasons and felt like its written mainly for kids. The team are all stupid as hell, first season i could tolerate it since they were still getting used to time travel and the rules. But they keep repeating the same mistakes in season 2. Ray should be dumped in some unknown time period since he fails everytime (king arthur episode comes to mind as feeling like a kids show with ray's dumb motivations).

Then theres the villains, they are just as bad. none of them can actually shoot on target (stormtrooper syndrome). They made each one feel like a joke, reverse flash made so many dumb moves in that season >_< Compare reverse flash in s1 flash to what hes reduced to in legends (i'm fine with him being hunted and having limited time, thats not what i'm criticising). They all felt like a power rangers villain complete with the muhahaha and villain monologues.

Sarah is pretty cool and she fits in the captain role though so thats a plus and I do think the crossovers use them well. I enjoyed them in the s2 crossover and it's what got me to actually watch s2 of legends (which i ended up regretting in the end but i treated it as a filler between mid season breaks).

To get an idea of the shows I do like which might give you a better idea of why i don't like it:
Flash, Arrow, izombie, Agents of shield, Legion, Game of thrones, Westworld, Fargo, Stranger things, daredevil, jessica jones, Timeless, Eight monkeys and 100 (just finished season 2 so I hope it stays consistent with s2 going forward).

ZeroX03

Banned
It makes sense. Legends is basically a live action Saturday morning cartoon where they exaggerate everything and play it up for comedy. The goal is to have as much fun as possible. I get why some wouldn’t like that.

caliph95

It was only Season 2 when they just went dumb and had fun and got rid of the trash

It's not well written necessary but fun

ZeroX03

Banned
How long until we find out about this year’s big bad?

Along with all the other shifts that we made this year, we’re pretty into just not necessarily showing all of our hands, but you know pretty quickly we’re not hiding as much as we have in the past.

Which version of Wells will we see this season?

It’s Harry. You’ll see Harry quite a bit, but it’s not exactly the same Harry. I’ll just say you’re going to see different versions of him as well.

More at RT

We checked out in season three at like episode 8 because everything just banked on Barry being a dumbass. Is there a synposis I can read of season 3?

GulAtiCa

We checked out in season three at like episode 8 because everything just banked on Barry being a dumbass. Is there a synposis I can read of season 3?

Barry: Who are you?

Savatar: I am the future, Flash.

Barry: Who though! Who!

Savatar: I am the future Flash!

Barry: I still don't get it.

Savatar: I am the future Flash! Hint hint, wink wink

Barry: Still no idea.

[Meanwhile episode 20 with most of us figuring it out 5, 10 episodes ago..]

Savatar: I'm you from the future idiot!

Barry: What! No way!

Savatar is the future Emo Flash who only exists due to Savatar Prime killing Iris. So his master plan is to kill Iris. Fake Wells tricks him into thinking Emo Flash killed Fake Iris with his face changer. blah blah blah, everyone fights. blah blah blah Emo Flash kills Black Flash Reaper in dumb way. Blah blah, Emo Barry dead dead now.

Paradoxes aboad! Speedforce has Barry give up his "life" and must enter the speedforce to save the universe from a speedforce trap dungeon that was only created for Emo Flash in future who doesn't exist anymore.

caliph95

Barry: Who are you?

Savatar: I am the future, Flash.

Barry: Who though! Who!

Savatar: I am the future Flash!

Barry: I still don't get it.

Savatar: I am the future Flash! Hint hint, wink wink

Barry: Still no idea.

[Meanwhile episode 20 with most of us figuring it out 5, 10 episodes ago..]

Savatar: I'm you from the future idiot!

Barry: What! No way!

Savatar is the future Emo Flash who only exists due to Savatar Prime killing Iris. So his master plan is to kill Iris. Fake Wells tricks him into thinking Emo Flash killed Fake Iris with his face changer. blah blah blah, everyone fights. blah blah blah Emo Flash kills Black Flash Reaper in dumb way. Blah blah, Emo Barry dead dead now.

Paradoxes aboad! Speedforce has Barry give up his "life" and must enter the speedforce to save the universe from a speedforce trap dungeon that was only created for Emo Flash in future who doesn't exist anymore.
Of course after the takeout he couldn't just kill iris again when the whole point was to use iris death to force Barry to create speed clones in desperation

The memories thing makes no sense too

"The more you time travel the last the rules apply to you"

"Then why are you doing anything"

"Uhm" *speed punch*

Top Bottom