• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eternal Darkness Fifth Extension - GRANTED 12/20/12

It's likely that it was being worked on by Silicon Knights before they imploded. Maybe the extension was filed before then? Or maybe they want to preserve it, just in case. Or they're trying to shop it around to their other developers?

Malvingt2

It's likely that it was being worked on by Silicon Knights before they imploded. Maybe the extension was filed before then? Or maybe they want to preserve it, just in case. Or they're trying to shop it around to their other developers?

no according to Mama thread/ data..

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As far as we're aware Silicon Knights were working on a new Eternal Darkness, but early work was scrapped due to quality concerns as well as the company going under. Not sure I'd take the renewal of the original game as much of a sign.

For or against?

They're probably just going to release the original on the Wii U Virtual Console, assuming Gamecube games will come eventually.

Neiteio

As far as a potential VC release of the original is concerned, I hope they'd up-res it to look crisp and clear in HD.

Nemesis_

As far as we're aware Silicon Knights were working on a new Eternal Darkness, but early work was scrapped due to quality concerns as well as the company going under. Not sure I'd take the renewal of the original game as much of a sign.

I heard somewhere (I really can't remember where but I'm not pulling it out of my ass) that they were working on Eternal Darkness 2 while they were working on Xmen Destiny. They basically took on Xmen Destiny as a quick and easy licensed project to pull in more money, but were diverting most of their resources to Eternal Darkness 2.

When Nintendo pulled the plug on ED2 (presumably) they were up shit creek as they were shipping a shitty licensed game with no flagship title to fall back on proper.

I swear I read that somewhere, >_>

As far as a potential VC release of the original is concerned, I hope they'd up-res it to look crisp and clear in HD.

Eternal Darkness is one of my favouritest games of all time, but I don't think the combat would stand up especially well today. It would be incredibly hard to properly remaster for a modern audience in my opinion. A lot of things would need changing.

But I would definitely be here to re-experience it. The way they introduced Pious into each of the different stories and some of the scenarios (that flesh tower fniudsncucd) were very well done.

I doubt we'll ever get a game as ambitious or with such a wide breadth of variety in it's storytelling in the future.

Top Bottom