• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD |OT| War Never Changes

Illucio

Banned
My copy just shipped by Wal-Mart and won't be here until.... Thursday.
Well at least I saved $20 on a new game and only had to pay $40..

Skilletor

lol at the demo getting an OT before the full game it ships with and having a much bigger thread.

Well, the demo is a game people have been waiting to play for almost a decade.

This game came out three years ago, and even more recently had an english patch for the JP version that people could play if they were so inclined.

People are obviously more interested in 15 over a 3 year old HD port.

charsace

Well, the demo is a game people have been waiting to play for almost a decade.

This game came out three years ago, and even more recently had an english patch for the JP version that people could play if they were so inclined.

People are obviously more interested in 15 over a 3 year old HD port.

I'm actually buying this because some people say it is the best FF game since 9. The demo is just a nice bonus. And it is just a demo after all.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got my copy. Costs $45. Got a free mug too and the steel case.

Skilletor

I'm actually buying this because some people say it is the best FF game since 9. The demo is just a nice bonus. And it is just a demo after all.

That's...interesting. I think it's good, but wouldn't say it's better than FF10, 11, 12 or 14ARR.

But, whatever. Different strokes. People are excited for different things. :)

Joei

Placed my order on BestBuy.com today for store pickup, so excited :D

That's where I'm going to get a copy. Picking up a PS4 as well and I'm crossing my fingers that Best Buy will price match Target's ad of a PS4 with TLoU and Destiny (not too interested in Destiny, but I'm sure I could eBay it if so inclined). The last FF game I played through was FF13.... yeah....

zennyzz

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say that t's not as good as 11(Though I personally don't like this one), 12 or 14 ARR . Though I'd definitely call it the most fun to play and challenging FF. Definitely would rank it higher than the 13 trilogy, X-2, Crystal Chronicles series, T Advance series, Reverent Wings and CC. I figure you could go either way with whether it's better than X.

edit: wait Zero starts in the beginning?!

Ricker

My only worries with this game are the camera. From the gameplay videos I've seen the camera has had a huge amount of motion blur, hopefully it's not that big of a deal.

Watched a few minutes of a couple of streams on the PS4 and yeah,camera will need quite sometime for me to get use to it,the blur thing doesnt bother me as much as the quick turn it seems to make,like in 90 degree all the time,like its panning weird...

nikos

I have a feeling the camera/blur might be patched, though I do understand the effect they were going for.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Watched a few minutes of a couple of streams on the PS4 and yeah,camera will need quite sometime for me to get use to it,the blur thing doesnt bother me as much as the quick turn it seems to make,like in 90 degree all the time,like its panning weird...

The blur is quite distracting at points, I'm starting to get used to the camera. The biggest issue with it is that no matter how slightly you push on the stick it goes at the same speed.

Wooooo my Gamestop is releasing type zero in half an hour here I come

They are doing a midnight launch? For this game? Hm, I wonder if gamestops in vegas are doing something same. I just flew in so my hours are all jacked and I know I won't the slack until like 5 AM. So I might as well game.

They are doing a midnight launch? For this game? Hm, I wonder if gamestops in vegas are doing something same. I just flew in so my hours are all jacked and I know I won't the slack until like 5 AM. So I might as well game.

I'm assuming the midnight launch is for battlefield, but they will also sell Type-0

nikos

Waiting outside of GameStop with seven other dudes now, all of which are definitely here for Battlefield.

Should get it at Best Buy with GCU, but that requires getting on the subway.

tbm24

I didn't realize I received my CE a day earlier than release. I'm only about 2 hours in but finding it kind of confusing. Not sure if I'm playing the game right yet. Camera takes getting used to but its nothing you won't get over quickly.

Should be here on the 19th, i'm actually pretty excited for this, i never got a chance to play the psp version so this will be my first time with the game, but from what i've seen, i'm sure ill love it

Baust

Holy crap, it turns out my Gamestop did have a Midnight Launch for Battlefield and was allowing us to buy Type-0. Of course, I didn't learn this until 8 minutes before they closed for the night.

I hightailed over there and made it just in time.

Here's to hoping FFXV's demo unlocks tonight!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Holy crap, it turns out my Gamestop did have a Midnight Launch for Battlefield and was allowing us to buy Type-0. Of course, I didn't learn this until 8 minutes before they closed for the night.

I hightailed over there and made it just in time.

Here's to hoping FFXV's demo unlocks tonight!

It's up on PSN now if you have a code.

Hm, I might hijack the battlefield line. I hope its ok I didn't preorder. Ive been buying digital for so long, forgot how the inside of a gamestop works.

nikos

Just started Type-0. Downloading the XV demo but will probably hold out until tomorrow so that I can play it in one sitting. Been waiting ~9 years, what's another night?

Top Bottom