• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Chitown B

80% is an overstatement. I'd call it more like 60. Large improvements for most people, but some are still struggling, there's still a load left to do in terms of playlist settings and campaign stuff.

most is not 60. most is 80%+

I completed all 4 campaigns. They're pretty ok.

Just got into a Big Game Bomb run match that was completely full.... and watched pretty everyone NOT do the actual objective but instead DM it up....

Sigh...

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The new OT title is flawless. Good work, whoever came up with that.

Prologue

i'd be perfectly happy for this to me by "go to" shooter this generation.

Just something about h2/h1 multiplayer. Its not even nostalgia at this point. Just those 5 seconds of fun, repeating endlessly through each and every match.

Every playlist but BTB finds matches quickly, which is rather confusing given that all it's looking for is a measly 6 extra people and half the time it's just guests anyway.

VinFTW

4v4 swat playlist...

even teams... okay, good start

h4 vertigo... meh, okay

... had a lot of fun.

What's going on here?

BTails

Having not played a Halo game sincethe original Xbox, I had a blast this evening playing H2:A multiplayer. I'd forgotten how "different" Halo feels to other, more modern shooters. So much jumping, for one, and grenades!

My kill/death ratio was awful for the most part, but I couldn't wipe the smile of my face.

zlatko

Banned
Having never played Halo 2 Classic except campaign until tonight I have to say...why would anyone have enjoyed this?

The amount of inconsistency is ridiculous. I guess at the time there was nothing to pick from for a console shooter but there must be some serious rose tinted glasses going on. Thank goodness for Anniversary for it.

I would shoot someone with BR right on the noodle 3-5 times, and no shield drop or kill, but I'd get shot 2-3 times and die everytime....wtf?

clav

Having never played Halo 2 Classic except campaign until tonight I have to say...why would anyone have enjoyed this?

The amount of inconsistency is ridiculous. I guess at the time there was nothing to pick from for a console shooter but there must be some serious rose tinted glasses going on. Thank goodness for Anniversary for it.

I would shoot someone with BR right on the noodle 3-5 times, and no shield drop or kill, but I'd get shot 2-3 times and die everytime....wtf?

Netcode.

Also probably not on dedis.

I thought the same thing too, but then I learned that you need to lead your shots. Drastically changed things for me in Halo 2 Classic MP. I used to be a huge anti-BR person.

zma1013

I dunno, I don't think judging it with this broken release of a product is a fair comparison. I don't quite remember anything being as bad as it is here.

SWAT was one of the best game types in Halo 4.

I feel Halo 4 shined in Big Team Battle (Legendary type, Infinity BTB wasn't bad but it was clearly inferior to Legendary, which is more old school Halo), Ricochet, Flood and SWAT. The more competitive hardcore gametypes and Team Slayer were not as good.

SpartanN92

Banned
I feel Halo 4 shined in Big Team Battle (Legendary type, Infinity BTB wasn't bad but it was clearly inferior to Legendary, which is more old school Halo), Ricochet, Flood and SWAT. The more competitive hardcore gametypes and Team Slayer were not as good.

Post Title update when the BR became 4 shot kill again was when Halo 4 became a GREAT competitive game if you removed most of the Armor Abilities/Perks

One of the things wrong with Team SWAT right now is uneven teams. Most games in SWAT start with 3v3 or 4v4 and then chances are one other person joins (which is odd considering the max 8 player limit) making it 4v3 or 5v4.

Some of my most recent clips (the first 8 being SWAT): http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium

Really wish they would get the Dedicated Servers on, because when there is lag in Team SWAT, you feel it much more. When a match is laggy, you sometimes have to pop 3 BR bursts into a person's head. The Halo Championship Series playlist has been remarkably smooth for the most part.

Naked Lunch

Just had a monster 5 hour session with friends. 1 hour of Co-op campaign, and 4 hrs of Big Team Battle. Found matches relatively quickly, no crashes, a huge variety of maps, not much lag, loads of laughs.

Just need dedis and some kind of quitter solution. Game shoulda been delayed a month but what can you do.

We almost back.

Kssio_Aug

I dont believe they can fix the matchmaking issues. So... Any news about the SP issues (mainly the progress being lost), or should I give up about this aswell?

This game definitely is in the wrong hands. I dont even have any hype for Halo 5 anymore.

How is MM now for people entering together as a group?

It's worked consistently for me and 1 other friend since last Friday. I've tried getting other friends to play, but they won't until the game is fully 100% functional.

It still has weird hiccups though even when playing with 2 in a party.

Impala26

Hell, Halo 4 SWAT is just straight up one of the best game types in the series, IMO. The rest of the game may not measure up, but H4 SWAT can compete with the best of them.

Just posted this on the Halo Community Thread:

Just played SWAT CTF on Pitfall in H4...

That's some surprisingly intense shit with close matched teams!

So yes, I can agree with this statement.

Drubbed

Banned
Thinking about picking MCC up this afternoon. Does it work yet?

sometimes.

Yellow bar on P2P is killing me, seriously I have good internet, let me host PLEASE.

Dedicated servers just sitting there like what, glad that Microsoft aren't using Halo: MCC in their azure server adverts.....

keezy

If I had a dollar for every "Does it work yet?". I could buy each and all of you a copy to try for yourselves.

No issues with joining. Get into games and then just rubberband.

Top Bottom