• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

iNvid02

untitled17osun.jpg

Lime

Question for the Nvidia people in here:

Since I've been seeing various people with Nvidia cards posting all these crazy "0000zxz0342" numbers when talking about AA or other graphical settings: As far as I understand, you have to insert these numbers in Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel to force your chosen AA solution? And the numbers vary from game to game?

So, instead of just having one single setting that constantly forces a specific type of AA in all 3D applications, I have to manually insert this number into Inspector / Nvidia Control Panel every time I want a specific AA solution? Is that correctly understood?

legacyzero

Banned

Since I've been seeing various people with Nvidia cards posting all these crazy "0000zxz0342" numbers when talking about AA or other graphical settings: As far as I understand, you have to insert these numbers in Inspector or Nvidia Control Panel to force your chosen AA solution? And the numbers vary from game to game?

So, instead of just having one single setting that constantly forces a specific type of AA in all 3D applications, I have to manually insert this number into Inspector / Nvidia Control Panel every time I want a specific AA solution? Is that correctly understood?

That's how I understand it. I've never really had to do it, though.

I also think they might be talking more on the AO, sides of things IIRC

Sethos

Banned

Yes, Inspector bits allow you to use certain features outside of what the game has natively implemented. Whether it be certain AA solution or perhaps better SLI support you can input these manually. However it's not a requirement. Nvidia Updates also brings updated bits to certain games at times, so you don't always have to find a bit before you mess around with AA or get maximum SLI performance.

Check this place out for a bunch of AA bits for Inspector

Lime

That's how I understand it. I've never really had to do it, though.

I also think they might be talking more on the AO, sides of things IIRC

Yes, Inspector bits allow you to use certain features outside of what the game has natively implemented. Whether it be certain AA solution or perhaps better SLI support you can input these manually. However it's not a requirement. Nvidia Updates also brings updated bits to certain games at times, so you don't always have to find a bit before you mess around with AA or get maximum SLI performance.

Thanks for the replies. So, it's only required for games that aren't supported by Nvidia's driver AA? And how is the AA support by Nvidia in general? Equal to AMD?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
PoE crashes if I use downsampling over 2560x1440 and any kind of ingame AA. :'(

iNvid02

plenty of flaws and stupid decisions made with ac3, but underneath there is still a pretty good game

pc version is superb if you can run it maxed - but there are still performance issues (my 690/2600k still cant get solid 60 in the cities) so i wouldnt recommend buying it just yet

RoKKeR

I played through AC3 once on 360 and never touched it again. These shots are making me want to pick it back up though. Still too expensive to justify a purchase on PC, but it looks pretty solid. The optimization news is unfortunate.

If your 690 can't handle it at 60fps in the cities I'm sure I'll really have to scale back the eye-candy to get a solid framerate on my 570.

iNvid02

the port is pretty good for the most part. fps wise its just random drops from around 60 to 40-50 in some areas of boston and new york (considerably worse during snow), but in the frontier and elsewhere its a level 60

i was in the same boat (nopunz), couldnt wait so i got it at launch for ps3 and it wasnt a pleasant experience. but on pc its like a different game for me, enjoying it so much more

if they fix it up then i'd recommend double dippin for sure

Something that helped my AC3 performance was to shut the UPlay overlay off in the launcher.

yup i disabled that shit asap. only downside is there is an extra step to go through before you can play because uplay doesnt like you disabling the overlay, so now its:

1. open uplay
2. click go to game
3. click play
4. click launch game
5. click singleplayer

if you got it on steam thats another couple to go through -_-, wtf ubi

Not a very good one but I thought I would post while the servers were down for a patch. Enjoying it so far I completely forgot I got into the close beta ages ago.

pathhmrvs.png

I have found a way to get shallow depth of field! But the drawback is that it is super shallow. You have to fly the camera around until the world map and everything goes blurry, and then reset camera. Then the focus range will be about 1 foot.

nfs132013-01-2322-29-gkzhc.png

nfs132013-01-2322-47-8kbmx.png

RoKKeR

First time posting shots in this thread, so let me know how it goes. Played some Dead Space 2 today in preparation for 3.

zVk.png

1Vk.png

Top Bottom