• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

I'm starting to feel like i'm part of this thing. Too little sleep, too many hours spent watching streams, and all that drama.

I don't think today can top yesterday as far as drama goes though, but then i had that thought yesterday too, so who knows?

Same here. Last night wasn't as bad as this weekend, but that's because I was legit bothered by some of the stuff I heard on stream over the weekend.

Zuly

I hope this blows over by the time Final Round rolls around. ...Or better yet this drama continues on until EVO.

I hope this blows over by the time Final Round rolls around. ...Or better yet this drama continues on until EVO.

I think people are going to be a bit careful about how they act at least at Final Round.

This is going to be even more clearly the case should any of the people poking around the story decide to publish something.

FGC GAF isn't the reason I joined GAF(that was for NPD threads and so on), but it's the main reason I post nowadays. If you Looked at my post count the past 3 years you will find that the majority of my post are related to SF4, Tournament threads, and other FGC related topics. The only reason I even play video games nowadays is because my love for fighting games has been reignited. I've bought more versions of SF4 than games for every platform(combined) I've owned since buying a PS3 back int 2007.

With that said it's crazy to see how far we've come along in the past 3 years. I remember 3 years ago a lot of people(including me) were desperately looking for results on the Gamestop SF4 tournament. Nowadays not only do we have streams for majors, we have streams for locals, top players, and now this reality show.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
From playing it in person at a couple events, the animations are janky.

So, would you say it looks less smooth than MvC3's animation flow for chains? They do seem to have even more snap to them, kinda like how each hit is punctuated in a Zelda game.

And just a personal observation, I love seeing the Tekken characters in the SFIV style. Everyone looks so much more individualized, which Tekken has done a much better job with, starting with, say, Tekken 5, itself. But the old characters always looked so mundane in comparision (except maybe Kazuya, but he needed to look seperate from Jin). They REALLY lacked personality, and they had those holdover-from-old-Tekken animations and mannerisms (Like win poses that just had them saying "hiii-ya!"s and "ho. Ha. HA!" kinda stuff) It's a shame we're not seeing Feng Wei in this style, he's a very expressive-lookng design, that'd probably work well design-wise.

And I'd be a fan of seeing Miguel in this game too...

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
FGC GAF isn't the reason I joined GAF(that was for NPD threads and so on), but it's the main reason I post nowadays. If you Looked at my post count the past 3 years you will find that the majority of my post are related to SF4, Tournament threads, and other FGC related topics. The only reason I even play video games nowadays is because my love for fighting games has been reignited. I've bought more versions of SF4 then I've bought every other game combined the past 5 years lol.

With that said it's crazy to see how far we've come along in the past 3 years. I remember 3 years ago a lot of people(including me) were desperately looking for results on the Gamestop SF4 tournament. Nowadays not only do we have streams for majors, we have streams for locals, top players, and now this reality show.

Same here, I used to play 40 games a year. Since 2009, the only game I've basically played is SF4 and its sequels. Well, that and Starcraft 2 ladder on occasion to troll those eSports loving scrubs

Aw looks like I missed some good stuff. Was at the weekly fg event in my area :( There is so much footage I need to track down in the archives. I'm kind of hoping someone puts up all the good parts on YT.

On SRK: old SRK was a great place. All kinds of crazy and hilarious shit got posted there on a daily basis. Stuff that would get you banned here in minutes. So for that I really miss the place. Now I just use it to schedule events and to look up new tournies in my area.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain yesterday's drama in a nutshell. Last I saw was Aris rejoicing over the fact Matt was studying the contact, then there was bunch of confusion about the solution and in the midst of that I fell asleep. What happened after that and how was that resolved?

Zuly

I've almost lost all interest in every other genre with the exception of fighting games. The competitive edge just pulled me in and made me forget about every other game. If more people in Puerto Rico played CSS and Quake 3/Live, I would play more shooters (as those are really the only shooters I'm willing to play). I also want to get into RTS but again, there isn't an RTS scene here.

Nabs

Can someone explain yesterday's drama in a nutshell. Last I saw was Aris rejoicing over the fact Matt was studying the contact, then there was bunch of confusion about the solution and in the midst of that I fell asleep. What happened after that and how was that resolved?

They decided to get rid of games against your own team (Tekken vs Tekken / SF vs SF) and then this happened:

ibsD1Fl6T8PKML.gif

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i mainly post on the gaming side of GAF do to FGC

this is largely cuz Shooters have been disappointing to me the past 2 years or so overall, Racing games also were hit hard, and action games have been lacking largely. Those genres are my bread n butter.

Fighting games on the other hand...

B00TE

The highlights from this whole event is gonna be awesome to sift over. Even better if it comes out before next week, I'll be too busy in the lab to break away for anything else haha.

Makoto

I couldn't care about the reality show but drama is delicious. Implode FGC. Implode.

Honestly, this is going to blow over like the PowerUp 2011 drama. That much is obvious and I don't even follow the FGC that much.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They decided to get rid of games against your own team (Tekken vs Tekken / SF vs SF) and then this happened:

ibsD1Fl6T8PKML.gif

Why is the Canadian flag on his chest? Enzo, please explain.

brian

Same here, I used to play 40 games a year. Since 2009, the only game I've basically played is SF4 and its sequels. Well, that and Starcraft 2 ladder on occasion to troll those eSports loving scrubs

Yup. I got big into SF4 after a long binge period with one of those Modern Warfare games. After playing SF4 for a month or two, it was impossible to go back to Modern Warfare. The whole thing just felt completely brainless compared to fighting games. A lot of my friends are drooling over Mass Effect 3, but those games just don't interest me anymore.

Well once the games to determine who would be in the elimination match were over, Miranda forfeited her match. Not only that, but she said she would be pulling out of the competition altogether.

Then, she proceeded to say that the reason for that was that she was harassed and wanted time away from the FGC.

What happened after that is hard to describe. Marn and Flash Metroid proceeded to make themselves look like jackasses, Mike Ross reaffirmed his status as people's champ, Aris owned up to it being his fault, and generally people were going nuts.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I woke up with a stiff neck from falling asleep while looking at my iPad screen. Ultradavid should help me sue Capcom for this.

Zuly

I like how UltraDavid ignored the whole drama and kept talking about games. Even on Twitter he said he was ignoring everything and just stuck with work. Stay classy.

I joined GAF for the E3 meltdowns, but now only really post in fighting game threads (when I do actually post).

I've been actually playing more than lurking, for once. And now posting. Or something. GAF FGC Illuminati is best Illuminati.

h3ro

I like how UltraDavid ignored the whole drama and kept talking about games. Even on Twitter he said he was ignoring everything and just stuck with work. Stay classy.

Loved how I had three windows open late last night. One was LIJoe constantly getting phone calls from random people. The second was Marn going in on LI Joe copying him and the third was James Chen holding up a stick and teaching viewers how to do a fireball motion. :lol

I think the community will get better and stronger for this. As extreme as the occurrence was, I think the spot light placed on it will force everyone to put their best foot forward from here on out and think before they talk. If anything else, we'll get better popoffs since they'll actually have to think about what they say.
wishful thinking haha

Has anyone put together a detailed recap of all this mess? Even following it I feel like I'm totally missing stuff.

No one could have anticipated all the shit that would spill over because of this show. Even the drama between Haunts and Jared and been completely ignored for bigger topics. Just so much stuff to cover that no one can keep up with it all. In the end what I hope will someday happen.....is a documentary. I would be so all over that. The controversial picks, the harassment, the beefs, the salt, and late night show with LI Joe. I want to do it all over again, except in a 2 hour span.

Zuly

No one could have anticipated all the shit that would spill over because of this show. Even the drama between Haunts and Jared and been completely ignored for bigger topics. Just so much stuff to cover that no one can keep up with it all. In the end what I hope will someday happen.....is a documentary. I would be so all over that. The controversial picks, the harassment, the beefs, the salt, and late night show with LI Joe. I want to do it all over again, except in a 2 hour span.

I nominate Steve Hwang for this.

h3ro

It's unlikely to cause a firestorm like last night, but given how people feel about these things it could start some stuff.

KOF time, hopefully. That game deserves an audience. It just can't get it from the current FGC because the Capcom games are just more popular with the big names.

zlatko

Banned
KOF time, hopefully. That game deserves an audience. It just can't get it from the current FGC because the Capcom games are just more popular with the big names.

Doesn't help its online is subpar compared to other fighters on the market.

Also, did it ever get a patch for the online net code? If not then it shows kind of shitty support for the game post launch.

Bizazedo

I honestly think KOF would've blown up with good netcode. As it was, I actively naysay'd it with "it's good, BUT".

People who don't go to locals are the majority and need catered to by excellent netcode at the very least.

Chavelo

Game deserves better.

How about this:

AK68r.png

Read: the shitty, casual games over the drama-filled community, and the good ones where there is money guaranteed to roll in.

Oh yeah, I went there. COME AT ME BROS

EDIT: Bonus image!

GlZWN.jpg

Well, read through the last like 15
!
pages, and this sums it up pretty nicely:

This is why we can't have nice things.

Not gonna comment in detail on who was right/wrong and all the drama and junk, but damn there was a lot of crazy shit going on yesterday. Don't even know if I want to watch the archive, lol.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I think SuperYan needed to harden up and tell Aris to shut the fuck up if he was really making her feel like shit from the get go. Not easy to do but sometimes you got to just be blunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SLDgPbjp0M

Watching that video she should have told him his roll straight up.

As for Aris he just seems like a dumb cunt that really did not pick up on the fact he went too far. But, I think he has the mentality this type of shit that use to be all good back in the arcade playing days works with people that are newer to fighters. So, honestly the big people at Capcom should have stepped up and told this hairy looking troll to fucking slow his roll too I guess.

Lastly, I'm sure Aris has fucked many a hooker in his time however money does not buy you better understanding of the opposite sex. I honestly think deep down he does not see anything wrong with what he did, because she was LOLing at the time and all that, and he did not pick up on the fact she was super creeped out. He will learn though so for the moment he can hold dat L.

Game deserves better.

How about this:

[spoiler]Read: the shitty, casual games over the drama-filled community, and the good ones where there is money guaranteed to roll in.

Oh yeah, I went there. COME AT ME BROS[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://desuchan.net/arrrrr/src/7796_full.jpg

Doesn't help its online is subpar compared to other fighters on the market.

Also, did it ever get a patch for the online net code? If not then it shows kind of shitty support for the game post launch.

It did, although the jury's out on whether or not it's effective. Some people say it's SFIV-level netcode, others say that it's barely an improvement, etc.

Top Bottom