• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

Nyoro SF

It did, although the jury's out on whether or not it's effective. Some people say it's SFIV-level netcode, others say that it's barely an improvement, etc.

1) 4 bars
2) Xbox Live
3) Live in America in a populated area

You now have SF4 level netcode after the patch.

LOL @ Kenshiro.

In Britain, last year there was a very successful event run by the European Gaming League in the Emirates Stadium. People showed up to play CODBLOPS, SC2, GoW3 etc, but the thing about it was that they incorporated the FGs into the overall event in the best possible way - getting community organisers (WorstGiefEVER and Logan Sama) to run what essentially amounted to a side event dedicated to FGs.

The problem with MLG is twofold: I don't like watching the squeaky-clean #esports that they put on (my favourite SC2 streamers when I was watching SC2 were GLHF, who felt like they kept it real) and I don't like the fact that their events clash with the FGC, both in terms of dates and who runs the show.

There's an MLG this weekend, and Final Round is also this weekend. Both IIRC are running MK9 tournaments. This kind of crap needs to stop.

If MLG want to get in on the FGC circuit, they need to either get their audience interested in fighting games, or run essentially seperate events.

Spooky just laid it out flat: Capcom pulled Aris to the side on day 2 and had a long talk with him, after which Aris apologized to Miranda "hundreds of times".

Horseress

Spooky just laid it out flat: Capcom pulled Aris to the side on day 2 and had a long talk with him, after which Aris apologized to Miranda "hundreds of times".

Yea, very cool of Sp00ky clearing it up. If that really happened, then Miranda definitely cracked up

brian

How did the drama escalate afterwards? Stream monsters?

Aris went on a dumbass rant on Sunday about how sexual harassment has a place in the FGC or something like that. Miranda got on the mic later and talked some shit about how Aris had made her feel uncomfortable and she was not OK with it. There was probably some tension between them at that point, which then escalated further yesterday.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Didnt Miranda hinted that she wanted someone who "really deserves" to go the FR to go anyways?

even in the Salt interview she said she didnt improve in the game as much as she wanted to..

sleepykyo

Game deserves better.

How about this:

AK68r.png

Read: the shitty, casual games over the drama-filled community, and the good ones where there is money guaranteed to roll in.

Oh yeah, I went there. COME AT ME BROS

EDIT: Bonus image!

GlZWN.jpg

So Tekken, MK9, KOF and SC5 in MLG?
And SF4, MVC3 and SF x T in Evo/Road to Evo?

I'm ok with this. What about overseas where it is possible to accommodate both Capcom and the 3d games?

brian

To be fair to Aris, the comments he said on Sunday were in no way directed towards Miranda. He was just expressing his dumb opinion, but it did kind of escalate the situation in a way.

To be fair to Aris, the comments he said on Sunday were in no way directed towards Miranda. He was just expressing his dumb opinion, but it did kind of escalate the situation in a way.
true, but you would think that after the earlier issue he would be wise enough not to talk like that for a while. and after what he said on monday night, it doesn't seem like he sees it as an issue, just how he is.

DRE Fei

Fighting GAF is the best GAF. That's why I came here.

Everyone is probably stressed out in that building trying to keep this production on track. Sp00ky, Haunts and the crew are working hard to make good things happen for the scene. I think it's gonna be ok in the end because I consider guys like Sp00ky and Haunts to be the best.

FGC has, and always will be filled with drama. That's the nature of the genre and the types of personalities it attracts.

h3ro

Can someone post what today's challenge is? Can't see at work.

BureiBroo is a good game. You should all play it. :(

TDLink

Can someone post what today's challenge is? Can't see at work.

BureiBroo is a good game. You should all play it. :(

4 challenges that only the remaining 5 compete in.

Round Robin tournament
2v2 (I think)
Combo Consistency challenge
Fight the other team's coach for 30 minutes, most points wins

zlatko

Banned
I will say KoF has THE best demo for any fighter.

Let me try online and 6 characters or was it 9? Either way, being able to test the net code and it was out right around release is a GODLIKE example on how companies like Capcom should handle their new fighters as well.

Requeim

4 challenges that only the remaining 5 compete in.

Round Robin tournament
2v2 (I think)
Combo Consistency challenge
Fight the other team's coach for 30 minutes, most points wins

This is it, sp00ky just said the same on stream. Right order and everything too!

TDLink

did i see miranda on team sf?

Yup, Miranda and Sherry switched places today it seems. It doesn't matter much though since neither will participate in the challenges tonight. With Sherry and Bronson together again though we may get some more #Bronson Assault hilarity.

TDLink

Who is the 3rd member of team Tekken left?

SF
Nerd Josh
Renec (spelling)
TFA Hornet

Tekken
Tasty Steve
Dr. Sub Zero
????????

There isn't, only 5 people left total: The ones you listed. Teams don't really matter at this point. All 5 players will be competing for their own sake now in order to get a spot at Final Round. The only thing that will factor in team-wise will be the coach challenge and it is just using who they face: Valle or Aris.

Yeah, him saying the things he said around a person who felt harassed by him almost could be seen as him trying to justify his previous behavior that he had been warned about.

And Haunts agreeing with a guy who was already sat down for his bad behavior, well.....

Mœbius

Man I don't know if it's the stress of this whole situation but Miranda seems so defensive with Valle; she must not be used to a coach actually trying to help her learn by asking questions.

Top Bottom