• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

c0de

If the performance is good, no stuttering, Xbox One X might be the system I buy FFXV for.

I've held out this long, a few months more won't hurt.

Considering all the patches, the whole game could be completely different then.

KageMaru

Most definitely!

Awesome, here is the link for Anthem.

https://youtu.be/W3E5L2sOvNI

Also AC Origins is using a dynamic 4K CBR resolution. The source for that is below as well.

https://youtu.be/e8oPvbpVGP0

Since he mentions games that must include MCC on top of Halo 5. I hope they make other improvements to MCC on top of the resolution boost and treat it as a relaunch of the game.

The game I'm MOST interested to see get an update but know it's also likely the most UNLIKELY to get an update patch is Battlefield 4.

I bet it could get improved to run closer to 900p on the launch XB1/XB1S, and maybe even 1080p on the base PS4, if given the time.

It runs great on the Pro. Rock solid. Though the ps4 version was probably worse than the x1 version to start with? (aside from resolution)

And did I miss a meeting? When did Just Cause 4 release /get announced? Its been mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

It runs great on the Pro. Rock solid. Though the ps4 version was probably worse than the x1 version to start with? (aside from resolution)

And did I miss a meeting? When did Just Cause 4 release /get announced? Its been mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

The Just Cause 4 thing is just a typo that guy made

thill1985

Banned
I'm expecting some more games to get announced as being enhanced at Gamescom, including Halo games. Hopefully MS/devs realize they need to go out of their way to help highlight the differences/improvements for these games for prior to launch. Maybe show some zoomed in footage to show differences in pixel density and highlight the higher res textures.

Gowans

Halo seems like a cert, they have Halo 5 forge on PC so can atleast do the multi but surely they would want the lapsed xbox fans who they want to jump from PS4 to XOX to play it.

Phat 2000 Dola

Neo Member
Out sources in for the handful that didn't have them. I'm sure many of the others have data out there too. I'll update them if people post them here otherwise I'll do research tonight

Thanks, would be useful to shut people up or alternatively put a "possible" tag on it based on a dev saying "we have BF1 up and running 1X" which doesn't entirely indicate whats being added. Is it 4K? is it 1X enhanced? etc.

ps great thread, have bookmarked to keep updated.

zorbsie

This might be a silly question, but I was under the impression that all games running on the X would run better. Some more than others. Is this a list of games that are getting specific updates? Is my first impression still true?

MilkyJoe

This might be a silly question, but I was under the impression that all games running on the X would run better. Some more than others. Is this a list of games that are getting specific updates? Is my first impression still true?

I'm pretty sure yes.

Don't expect Ryse to suddenly jump to 1080p or more, expect a solid frame rate. Dynamic resolution games will always be on their highest resolution without patching, I believe.

Lucifon

How is there no Halo 5 and Halo MCC patches?

Like. Really.

Its fucking Halo MIcrosoft....

I think they plan to make a mini-announcement out of this one I'm guessing. Halo 5 having upgrades seems like a complete no brainer, the game is still heavily played on XBL and 343 have been great with the support for it.

Caayn

This is a list of games receiving Xbox One X specific updates/patches. Games without an Xbox One X update/patch, incl. 360 BC titles, will receive the following benefits:

• Improved framerate stability
  • Games utilizing a dynamic resolution will hit their max resolution more often/all the time.
  • 16xAF texture filtering will be automatically applied.
  • Forced v-sync
  • VRR compatibility (if you have a compatible display)

Theorry

Weird that they know it for the Xbox One X wich isnt out yet and doesnt have a complete XDK. And for te Pro they dont know yet. There is not marketing deal going on. So thats odd.

Weird that they know it for the Xbox One X wich isnt out yet and doesnt have a complete XDK. And for te Pro they dont know yet. There is not marketing deal going on. So thats odd.
probably still optimizing it, pro is weaker so it's probably difficult to push it to 4k 60 without extra work.

Isn't MS marketing this as a true Native 4k?

It's a silly bit of marketing honestly. They aren't saying that every game will hit "Native" 4K. The "True 4K" moniker is just their way to differentiate it from the upscaled 4K that the Xbox One S provides. Even using checkerboarding is closer to "native" 4K than what the Xbox One S does.

FZW

Says more about the power of XBX than anything. They managed to get 4k 60 without a final XDK.

I think the Pro thing is just about priorities, They probably just prioritized the more powerful console since the weaker one will take more work.

Also for those that don't have 4K tv then this almost guarantees a beautiful game at 1080p.

im excite.

Colbert

Banned
Don't know where else I should put it:

It seems PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is and stays Xbox One console exclusive

www.express.co.uk said:
The new title that's been taking the PC platform by storm was announced by Microsoft for console during the E3 2017 Xbox briefing.

We also found out that PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is NOT coming to PS4 but will instead remain an Xbox One exclusive.

The Battle Royale title has already sold more than three million copies since its Early Access release on March 23, 2017 and is currently the third most played game on Steam.

The peak concurrent users (simultaneous active players) can top 200,000 and hits the number one most-watched game on Twitch multiple times a week.

And Developers Bluehole have now confirmed that the popular PC title will launch exclusively on Xbox One's Game Preview Program later this year.

But while that will prove to be the first build of the game, the full Battlegrounds release on consoles will not be ready until 2018, for Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X.

The Preview Program will make it possible for the development team to create a working version of the game quicker, using the constant fan feedback as a way to tune the game.

”Microsoft's Game Preview program allows us to get feedback directly from players, something that has been crucial to our success on Steam Early Access," stated Chang Han Kim, VP and Executive Producer at Bluehole, Inc.

”Furthermore, Xbox Live's solid multiplayer capabilities will enable us to deliver the most complete Battle Royale experience to players worldwide."

Battlegrounds challenges players to eliminate their opponents on a realistic 8 x 8 km island, with visuals powered by Unreal Engine 4.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-Battlegrounds-Xbox-One-release-date-2018-PS4

Edit: And Jez Corden says on Twitter it is not.

Theorry

But
"And Developers Bluehole have now confirmed that the popular PC title will launch exclusively on Xbox One's Game Preview Program later this year. "

So its exclusive when its in game preview?

ethomaz

Banned
Gears 4 info is wrong. It is horizontal dynamic scaling 4k60 for Versus.

AC is chekerboard and not dynamic scaling.

Jumeira

Banned
Project cars @ 4k60 is huge, DF go out of their way to use that game as a bench mark for thier tests, devs coming straight out saying it'll be top spec is a big deal.

thelastword

Banned
Project Cars 2 will be native 4K and 60 fps on Xbox One X. PS4 Pro resolution not decided yet.

https://www.gamersnet.nl/nieuws/201..._op_xbox_one_x_playstation_4_pro_nog_onzeker/
Wasn't this translated from another language? Are you guys sure it's not 4k checkerboarded or dynamic?

In any case, it will be great if it was indeed native, this means PS4 PRO can run this at 1800p or 2160CB without a problem...It also says that they have done lots of improvements to their engine to increase performance...Comparisons between all the racers towards the end of the year should be great, even better if DC gets a PRO patch.....

In any case, PC2 vs Forza7 VS GTS will be grand, we will see pros vs cons of all of them or where each racer excels or vice versa et al......Good times...;)

Wow, how were you able to determine that? What footage is there to judge this on?
Were you able to make out if anything has been done to fix the frame pacing?
Square released a couple screenshots, so I determined it from them. No video footage, so I have no idea about framerate or pacing.

One thing that Turn 10 does is ensure a locked frame rate, so I hope that the Project Cars 2 team has it locked down as well.
Isn't it the case that only Forza 6 is known to be actually locked? I'm pretty sure I saw Digital Foundry coverage that 5 at least wasn't.

Also for those that don't have 4K tv then this almost guarantees a beautiful game at 1080p.
Actually, it's kind of the opposite. Downsampled 4K gives very nice image quality, but a separate mode with better graphics rather than resolution would probably look nicer at 1080p.

AC is chekerboard and not dynamic scaling.
ACO is both dynamic and CBR (though res drops haven't yet been detected).

FZW

Actually, it's kind of the opposite. Downsampled 4K gives very nice image quality, but a separate mode with better graphics rather than resolution would probably look nicer at 1080p.

it would still look nice either way. Definitely not the opposite lol.

Top Bottom