• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Veelk

Banned
I liked how Ashido was all like "Oh no, you're pretty boy face is ruined" over a few bandages and bruises, while his giant eye scar is no big deal.

cntr

Banned
This arc's going to be depressing, innit? Like, as depressing as that Fullmetal Alchemist arc.

Kind of appropriate that Overhaul's both a healer and a killer, given that he's a plague doctor. (It's KIller Diamond!) And does that mean Kirishima, Ochako, and Tsuyu are doing internships too? Guess we know who're gonna be tagging along with Deku for this arc.

Nighteye's an asshole, and I kind of get the impression he's like that because of what happened to All Might? That line about how "the truly intelligent villains conceal themselves in the darkness" is a callback to the Indoor Battle Training, where All Might said the exact same thing.

I'm gonna bet the eventual resolution to Deku's current worries will be him figuring out that he's gotta be his own thing and not just be trying to copy someone else,
and it probably isn't coincidence that Ochako's arc involves the same thing.

cntr

Banned
Now, how fucking far in the future that foresight can see?
I don't think he literally saw that far into the future, he's just predicting that All Might would die if he returned to being a hero (as he nearly did), but saw using Foresight that he wasn't going to back down.

It's probably clearer without a rushed translation.

hampig

Just started reading this Monday and was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed the first volume. Should I keep up with the Manga or is the Anime just as good? Does this stay good?

Just started reading this Monday and was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed the first volume. Should I keep up with the Manga or is the Anime just as good? Does this stay good?

Id at least check the anime out, the ost with some of the moments from the manga animated are great, and the anime really made me feel good as it got going.

Ascheroth

Read manga and check the anime out afterwards.
I think the anime covers up to somewhere in volume 3?
It's a little too slow for it's own good, but the soundtrack is hype.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man, Horikoshi must really be trying to make up for being sick. The art in this chapter was incredible and detailed. Don't burn yourself out Horikoshi.

I need to see that Ashido moment animated.

Midnight wants Diku.

Yes?

Yes

I don't really like this thing about All Might chosing Deku by chance. I'd have liked it better if he knew both well and then decided to go for Deku as his successor still.

Bowl0l

I don't really like this thing about All Might chosing Deku by chance. I'd have liked it better if he knew both well and then decided to go for Deku as his successor still.
All Might always act based on his instinct. Even All Might can't​ question All Might's personally chosen successor since All Might is the No.1 hero.

cntr

Banned
I'unno, I like the idea that Deku got All for One partly out of luck, rather than some kind of destiny. It makes things complicated and uncomfortable, yeah, but it's much more true to life that Deku wasn't the "best" choice.

Deku's going to be the best because he'll work hard to become the best, not because he was always the best.

cntr

Banned
The anime's pretty bad because of its shit pacing, so just stick with the manga.

The soundtrack's pretty dope, tho.

Ought to have had Midoriya on Todoroki's page.
C7ABe87UwAEzofF.jpg:large

cntr

Banned
I wonder how they're going to try and depict Deku as "cute" after all the shit that's going to happen in S2, lol

It never occured to me that Kirishima might be using the internship to disguise his movements, if the hyothesis of him being a villain is correct. Also interesting that Jirou was the only one that pointed it out.

Edit: Nevermind I was confusing Kaminari and Kirishima hahhhahaa

Moaradin

For real though, i wonder when the traitor stuff will actually be relevant again. Seems like it gets a single line mentioning it every once in a while before it's forgotten again for another 30 chapters.

cntr

Banned
For real though, i wonder when the traitor stuff will actually be relevant again. Seems like it gets a single line mentioning it every once in a while before it's forgotten again for another 30 chapters.
Well, it makes sense that it doesn't come up often, since only the teachers seem to be seriously thinking about it.

I think this "act" of the story has to end with a prison break arc and All for One giving Shigaraki his quirk, so I'm guessing the whole traitor business will trigger at the same time or shortly before that. You know, as a capstone for how depressing things are getting.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Oh fuck.

I just realized that the Yakuza leader's quirk could bring All Might back to a healthy state OR recover All for One back to his prime state.

WarRock

Oh. Oh.

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That makes Shigaraki's quick response to him much more interesting and scary.

cntr

Banned
Oh fuck.

I just realized that the Yakuza leader's quirk could bring All Might back to a healthy state OR recover All for One back to his prime state.
Now that's a thought. But Overhaul could just as easily kill All for One, and has the motivation to do it. I don't know if Shigaraki's willing to risk that.

...but on the other hand, if Shigaraki gets the All for One quirk at some point down the line, then I wonder what Shigaraki's gonna think about Overhaul's quirk, since it's pretty useful for a villain leader...

Hrm...I wonder.

It said at the crime scenes that nobody died, and we've seen Overhaul's flippant use of his power...while I think the reasons the police said he did it make it obvious why, I wonder if he can actually control the steps of his power. Maybe the exploded people he's exploded so far we just never saw the reworking of. Like it's not instantaneous and the exploding people part is just the start of the process of reworking them so he can't just explode someone and then leave them exploded. Might be for a reveal later that Magne isn't dead since we've stayed away from the VA since then.

Then again, probably not!

cntr

Banned
Overhaul said "we're down one person each" while withdrawing, so unless he was lying (why would he be?), Magne's dead.

cntr

Banned
Season 2 starts on April 1, so we're almost exactly 2 weeks away from it.

also the recap is officially a "special", not episode 1.

The pvs all only have scenes for s2. Only pv1 or 2 i think had scenes from s1 at the beginning.

The highlight videos which go over characters have scenes from s1 and some s2 spliced together.

Both show 25th march date

cntr

Banned
I remember the character highlights having almost nothing from S2, like at most they had shots that were already shown in PV1 or 2.

But that's getting beside the point, when they number the episodes and sell the blu-rays, they aren't going to number the recap as episode 1, they'll number the actual first episode as episode 1.

it'd be crazy to do otherwise.

Top Bottom