• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Kiev Major (April 24-30) April liars bring May pyres

shira

2buO3Ls.jpg

ig vs eg yisss

demon vs tnc lul

scarybore

Interesting OG Thunderbird game, completely turned on it's head after OG got the shit kicked out of them for 20 minutes. Guess you still have to consider banning Alchemist against OG.

Twookie

Notail carried the shit outta that game. Thunderbirds were wayyyy too cocky which caused them to lose the game when they took bad fights with a battle-ready alchemist.

also w33ha's lina went from "pretty good" to "what the fuck is he doing".

Invictus Gaming vs mousesports
Team Liquid vs Newbee
Digital Chaos vs Team VGJ
Virtus.pro vs iG Vitality
TNC Pro Team vs Team Faceless
OG vs Team Random
Thunderbirds vs Evil Geniuses
Team Secret vs SG e-sports
For those that haven't seen the matches yet. Get your predictions in.

Hmmn... better not rank them like liquipedia has them then...

Liquid/Thunderbirds/EG/VGJ/Newbee are all 2-2, but liquipedia has Liquid ranked ahead of Thunderbirds, even though they lost h2h...

The actual reason--I shit you not--is because Liquid won 2-0 against both SG and Faceless. So they finished 6-4 overall, where as TB and DC finished 6-6 and 5-5. Which is horse shit. Both TB and DC only lost to 3-1 teams, where as Liquid lost to 2 other 2-2 teams. It makes no god damn sense to rank them that high...

Guru-Guru

Banned
Today is the start of the main event! What are your predictions for Thursday's matches?

iG vs Mouz
Liquid vs Newbee
DC vs VGJ
VP vs IG Vitality

I'm pretty much just going with the safe picks, I guess. I can't see any scenario in which Mouz will upset iG--they have looked pretty terrible since their run at The Boston Major. Liquid also has looked quite poor lately, but I'll still pick them for no good reason. They seem to just run the same couple of strategies over and over to mixed success. They also have a terrible record when matches go 40+ minutes (IIRC, Nahaz mentioned it was the worst among all teams in this event). I love me some Miracle though. I haven't really watched much of DC or VGJ lately, so that is a blind pick. VP has looked really strong, but CIS teams have a patented way to fuck up completely...I don't think iG Vitality will have it in them to pull off an upset, but I can see VP losing in the next round instead.

Qvoth

Yeah I'd pick the same, ig liquid dc vp

Liquid newb is probably the only close match we'll have today, others probably would be quite stompy

Shinypogs

So how many times did Burning retire and unretire in the year I kinda stopped paying attention to dota?

Nice to see I can come back and still follow along with the action even though so much has changed.

Top Bottom