• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Unlimited Coming to PC

jambo

It's just so pretty!

A93AF2FE29228D655F25791ED28E3C3E2BA6F521

d1rtn4p

I cant seem to figure out what this game plays like. Can anyone give me an idea? It looks nice, but im not sure if its for a 34 year old or not ;)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I want this, but $30 bucks was a little expensive for me. Definitely getting this when the price drops.

I cant seem to figure out what this game plays like. Can anyone give me an idea? It looks nice, but im not sure if its for a 34 year old or not ;)

Well, you have to solve a series of "puzzles". You move, jump, interact with objects and use your notebook to conjure up ALMOST ANYTHING to help you solve the puzzles, and you can use adjectives when conjuring. Dinosaurs? Check. Weapons? Check. Mythological creatures? Check. Zombie-robot-pirate-ninja potatoes? Check-check-check. You can even apply adjectives to people. Click on them, use the notebook and make them sleepy/hungry/invincible/tame/scary/all of those at the same time!

d1rtn4p

Well, you have to solve a series of "puzzles". You move, jump, interact with objects and use your notebook to conjure up ALMOST ANYTHING to help you solve the puzzles, and you can use adjectives when conjuring. Dinosaurs? Check. Weapons? Check. Mythological creatures? Check. Zombie-robot-pirate-ninja potatoes? Check-check-check. You can even apply adjectives to people. Click on them, use the notebook and make them sleepy/hungry/invincible/tame/scary/all of those at the same time!
Sounds great, thanks!

So how does the game control?

I mean, how do you move maxwell?

arrow keys?

You can reconfigure all the buttons, so you can use WASD or arrow keys or RDFG...

You can move the camera, zoom in and out (quite a lot, I might say), there are key shortcuts for things like the object editor, backpack, starite vision (this one is quite useful), and use the mouse to move objects, interact with people and selecting actions.

This guy was hungry and I wanted to do something unconventional so I spawned Taco Man I got from workshop. He ate Taco Man, RIP. Love this game.

Still offering to buy for anyone who can paypal me the money first. Already bought it for Bossman just waiting for him to accept my friend request so I can give it to him.

Blizzard

Banned
Subscribed and installed on Steam. There are already over 960 entries on the Workshop. =) I haven't played it yet; can you just pick and choose things from the workshop to add to your own dictionary?

Ms. Tea

Subscribed and installed on Steam. There are already over 960 entries on the Workshop. =) I haven't played it yet; can you just pick and choose things from the workshop to add to your own dictionary?

Yup! If you subscribe in the workshop it'll automatically be downloaded and be in the dictionary.

There are already some pretty good items in the workshop!

ScOULaris

Holy crap. Everyone needs to buy this game IMMEDIATELY! It's the ultimate realization of the Scribblenauts formula, and it looks fantastic in HD. Being able to use a keyboard is a nice plus as well.

Here's my current setup:

Steed: Datass Baby (throws deadly dollar bills)

Is it possible to buy it in Europe? I know its not released here, but I was able to add it to my cart and they translated the $ to € (€27 by the way), and I came to the confirmation screen. Now, I didn't hit the buy button because €27 feels a bit steep. But would it actually have been doable?

Man, make sure you explore every piece of each level; I just ran into a god damned Operation (the boardgame) reference in the hospital level

Blizzard

Banned
*edit* I FOUND IT! Somehow my CCC settings had gotten the mipmap detail level changed to highest performance instead of highest quality. That was confusing the crap out of me in multiple games, and now Scribblenauts is smooth!

Also, I ran using D3DOverrider with triple buffering vsync. There's apparently no option to disable ingame vsync, which can lead to mouse lag, but I -felt- like the D3DOverrider version was slightly better.

*edit again* In the hospital, I got some situation where everything kept animating, after the knight, and a king appeared, but no keyboard or mouse controls worked at all. I had to kill the game completely, not even hitting escape worked. I could still bring up the Steam overlay though. :( Fortunately, once I restarted the game, everything appeared to be in the same place, king and all.

shaowebb

You know other heroes to create using the editor, Shaowebb.

Had to make Iron Fist first, though. :)

I'll definitely be making other dudes too alonside of making the rest of Iron Fist's outfits. I actually discovered a stamp limit making this.

vareon

Had to make Iron Fist first, though. :)

I'll definitely be making other dudes too alonside of making the rest of Iron Fist's outfits. I actually discovered a stamp limit making this.

Heh. Since I won't be buying the game in the short time, I'll be waiting at the Toku thread :)

This game, man. I'm about 2 hours in and the magic is still there - I've said it before a million times, but this is the game you were expecting out of the original, and the keyboard makes everything so much better.

I was playing with my girlfriend and we had puzzle where we had to make a station wagon look like a fire truck. I painted it red, and when it asked for a noise component she suggested I use a "screaming baby". I figured the game would accept it and transform it into a horn or something, but nope, the mechanic grabbed the baby and glued it to the front of the station wagon. incredible.

Then to clear traffic I lit a stick of TNT

$30? Fuck that noise.

I'll pick it up once it's on sale somewhere.

What price were you expecting? This is a brand new game that has a ton of content. I'm actually surprised they priced it at $30 and not closer to $50 (WiiU version is $60)

Lime

What price were you expecting? This is a brand new game that has a ton of content. I'm actually surprised they priced it at $30 and not closer to $50 (WiiU version is $60)

I'll definitely buy it at some point, but $30 is a premium I usually don't pay, no matter the game.

Bossman

Hey, if anyone needs helping buying this because it's not out in their region and they don't want to wait and they wouldn't mind paypaling me the money first (my bank account and paypal aren't linked) I would gladly help you out.

Just PM me or add me on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DeliciousBert

I know I'm just a junior member but prominent people from the Steam thread like Nabs, Xelios, SalsaShark and wilflare know me and I really just want to help people get this great game (from what I've heard, I've unfortunately been working so much I haven't had time to try it yet, but the reviews are good.)

Thanks for buying it for me, you are a trustworthy person. Now I can finally enjoy this game.

Does this game not have an OT? Criminal

Also, $30 is definitely worth it for anyone who's never played the series before, especially in light of its first PC release. The guys at 5th Cell deserve every cent.

Drago

Got the WiiU version in the mail yesterday (only had to pay $40) and I'm loving every second of it so far. Still really confused on how to use the object editor though, is there a tutorial anywhere?

Game is definitely quality, and a must buy for $30 on PC. Don't know if it's exactly worth $60 on WiiU though

Blizzard

Banned
I wanted to repair a rusty robot and was sad that there doesn't appear to be an "oilcan" or "oil can", the equivalent of a watering can. Anyone want to make one? Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can submit one to the workshop. :p

Midou

I wanted to repair a rusty robot and was sad that there doesn't appear to be an "oilcan" or "oil can", the equivalent of a watering can. Anyone want to make one? Otherwise, I'm going to see if I can submit one to the workshop. :p

Cooking oil works :p

Blizzard

Banned
Cooking oil works :p
I know, that's exactly what I did, but one of the downsides of Scribblenauts has probably always been pigeonholing you into solutions like that. Early on in Scribblenauts Unlimited I was worried about how it was making you pick very precise words, but I think that was just the tutorial level, and in the main game you have some more freedom.

I want something like this:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oil+can

http://www.google.com/search?num=10...e=hp&biw=&bih=&q=oil+can&btnG=Search+by+image

http://www.google.com/search?q=oil+...=isch&ei=l4iuUIDyLoPC9QT_1oDoBw&start=10&sa=N

*edit* I'm working on it. One apparent downside to the editor, I can rotate stamps I add to an object, but I can't rotate the main base object itself. Am I missing something?

Kandinsky

Cross posting from the other thread, any version support spanish? I know the first one on the NDS did, just making sure if Unlimited does as well.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
30 bucks for a brand new game with as much content as this is a damn fine price, man.

Ok that's a bit strange but understandable.
Yep, it's not much for a new game, but to someone who only buys games that are on sale it may seem so. I'll also wait, 15 bucks is the most I'm willing to pay, even though it may be worth full price.

Blizzard

Banned
I spawned "Jeremiah" in town and immediately got some "Self Glorification" popup thing. I can't find any shard or achievement that matched that...does anyone have any idea what happened? :p

*edit* Ah, Google saves me. It's an "object shard" under "Living". You
make a developer character
to unlock it.

Blizzard

Banned
I submitted my first item, an oil bottle to repair and de-rust things.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109591888

I couldn't figure out any way to add adjectives in the editor in order to make a "tall thin cylinder" or "short fat cylinder" so I just went with a spray bottle. I also couldn't find any way to add more than 3 actions per behavior, and if you add a behavior twice, only the first instance of the behavior appears to trigger.

Top Bottom