• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2017 |OT| John Wick cleaning up KyoAni's mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woof's Journal

Dated: March 19th of the 2017th sun calendar

My dearest Elizabeth,

It's been three summers since we've last spoken. I'm still waiting for the supposed 2016 Berserk blu-ray to release in the west.

Sincerely yours,
Woof

Tales of Zestiria 23

Yoooooo we Berseria big time this episode!
79a5d32b180e12c0674c21358239e591.jpg

Cool episode, I like how they are linking the 2 series.

That aside though, I have mixed feeling
on Dezel's death. I get that since the shepherd doesn't want to kill he uses his life to purify all the dragons, but still. It felt a little forced.

Narag

Woof's Journal

My dearest Elizabeth,

It's been three summers since we've last spoken. I'm still waiting for the supposed 2016 Berserk blu-ray to release in the west.

Sincerely yours,
Woof

Dub for it is going up this week on Funi. Curious if they'll use the TV source or the BD this late.

Cornbread78

Monster Girls ep.11
Actually really liked this episode as it was focused on sensei and his meaning to the girls and not in a flirtatious, but rather a sincere way. Felt like a final episode tbough, which was weird...

ah. Well I'm looking forward to seeing if it's the reworked blu ray version. The dub for the films was pretty solid, so I can stream it on funi over a blu ray if it releases way sooner.

Szadek

Princess Precure - Ep. 42-43
Cure. Twinkle. Double. EPISODE!!!
This was a very nice reversal to her opening episodes.
Instead of refusing the become a precure, she is willing to give up being a model in order to protect the dreams of others.

Fortunately the Precures were able to change her mind by making a pretty bad fashion show.

Next episode is going to be about cure mermaid and about how she is struggling with her dream, which was already hinted at.

Woof's Journal

My dearest Elizabeth,

Sincerely yours,
Woof
2016? Bruh, I'm still waiting for the Hyouka Blu-ray. Let that sink in. It's been so many Summers that I have lost count.

keep your expectations in check, I'm not going to write to Elizabeth telling her I'm waiting for FIFA to stop being corrupt and bring the world cup to the US again which has the infrastructure to support it without breaking the bank. Elizabeth doesn't need my dreaming.

Suite Precure 11-12

The Cure Muse plot line opens. She's rather badass, and doesn't say anything since that will reveal her identity. In general, the show is able to keep secrets compared to Heartcatch, which lacked subtlety in its spoilers.

There's intrigue on who she could be, reopening wounds because Waon can't be a Cure.

Siren is the leading contender because she got wombo combo'd by Hibiki and Ouji, and her team mates suspect her. And the Minor Trio is getting sick of BassDrum's shit almost immediately. At least we'll learn about Siren and Hummy in the next episode.

John Blade

Cleopatra_D.C._cover.jpg

Well...just pop in and say just finish watching Cleopatra D.C. from my anime collection I own. A simple action show which feel like those spy thriller like James bond in a way but isn't too great to say really, more average when you consider what you can get during this time when this OVA came out. Kinda funny to say as this is based on the manga which is written by Kaoru Shintani (aka: Creator of Area 88). Would only recommend to watch if you're a fan of the manga 1st as the OVA feel a bit rush at the beginning but get more interesting a bit from the 2nd and 3rd episode (even though it's average really in story).

Dali

Is crunchyroll really like falling apart? Trying to watch db super and it's literally buffering every 2 or 3 seconds. They've always been kinda shit as far as smooth streams in comparison to all my other services but this is pissing me off.

Narag

Is crunchyroll really like falling apart? Trying to watch db super and it's literally buffering every 2 or 3 seconds. They've always been kinda shit as far as smooth streams in comparison to all my other services but this is pissing me off.

Overloaded on the weekends because of DB Super actually.

At least yours loaded! Sometimes i get repetead white screens and no video player for a whole hour on sundays...and oddly theres no new anime that should be giving them issues on sundays.

Saturday nights aside I never have any problems with Crunchyroll. I watched Blue exorcist with no hiccups at all a few hours ago.

Narag

Konosuba S2 9

hosanna's photography post here but about the water on the camera lens censoring the efl's asscrack instead

John Blade

c6ecd216_1387353593804.jpg

Just going through my big backlog of anime and now manage to finish The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat. A fun show to watch and have a decent story to tell even though it have quite a bit of Harem in the show. Now, I am getting though the show I stop and trying to get through them and newer anime.

Edit: Is that Miss Ellen Baker look alike?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://files.hangame.co.jp/blog/2013/66/c6ecd216/12/18/41530025/c6ecd216_1387353593804.jpg

Just going through my big backlog of anime and now manage to finish The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat. A fun show to watch and have a decent story to tell even though it have quite a bit of Harem in the show. Now, I am getting though the show I stop and trying to get through them and newer anime.

Edit: Is that Miss Ellen Baker look alike?
I can't remember, did this end properly?

Narag

Konosuba S2 10 FIN

Great end to a show I didn't think I'd dig this much. Cast chemistry was on point and resulted in a much tighter product than the middling first season. Between this and the second season of Milky Holmes, I think the best shounenshit moments come from gag series since they aren't constrained by the rules of the world.

Cornbread78

Samurai Harem ep.3
Why fight 'em when they can be a part of the harem?

This isn't very good, but at least it's got some decent comedic parts.

John Blade

I can't remember, did this end properly?

It kinda end well as the two MC you follow (Tsukiko and Youto) want to be together when they both found out what have happen at the end and why Youto start to forgot his memory of his past a bit. Not saying it's the best end but it does do the job it have to do for the show.

I admire the effort into trying to point people towards lost gems, but Ai City? Ooph. I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

To be fair here, Toole doesn't necessarily think every people on his list is legitimately good, something he makes clear in other entries, but he does think they're all interesting to watch for one reason or another (mostly for creative animation or other visual qualities). Judging from Jexhius' post about Ai City, it certainly sounds like something that is interesting to watch.

Clov

2016? Bruh, I'm still waiting for the Hyouka Blu-ray. Let that sink in. It's been so many Summers that I have lost count.

You're still waiting for the Hyouka Bly-Ray? I'm still waiting for The Tatami Galaxy Blu-Ray!

Maybe I'll just invest in a region free BD player and get that UK release.

To be fair here, Toole doesn't necessarily think every people on his list is legitimately good, something he makes clear in other entries, but he does think they're all interesting to watch for one reason or another (mostly for creative animation or other visual qualities). Judging from Jexhius' post about Ai City, it certainly sounds like something that is interesting to watch.

I see, I was just going off this first article and what he said early on about making a 'better' Top 100 list. Sorta sounds like moving goal posts, but I guess Ai City can be interesting In a way. Sort of. Maybe.

Narag

I see, I was just going off this first article and what he said early on about making a 'better' Top 100 list. Sorta sounds like moving goal posts, but I guess Ai City can be interesting In a way. Sort of. Maybe.

Beats the hell out of the usual "Top 100 Anime movies you've already heard of." lists.

You're still waiting for the Hyouka Bly-Ray? I'm still waiting for The Tatami Galaxy Blu-Ray!

Maybe I'll just invest in a region free BD player and get that UK release.
Pretty sure you should do that investment if you want a Tatami blu-ray. Funimation pretty much confirmed they won't release that anytime soon; if they ever.

Beats the hell out of the usual "Top 100 Anime movies you've already heard of." lists.

Sure, I don't have an issue with a "Hidden Gems" type list, just took issue with Ai City being on there coupled with his opening paragraphs introduction. Hidden Gems lists can be great for people who've seen the, as you've said "Top 100 Anime movies you've already heard of." And they can be really good for people looking to dig deeper into the medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom