• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Razmos

4L17xZE.jpg
Woo, my best score by far.

Celegus

Nice! Hope you can keep in the top! I'm starting to stall out around floor 100. Could probably go higher but I'm not sure it'll be enough to break the top 1000 ranking regardless.

Pejo

Downloaded Mobius on Steam.
Start it up.
"A new version is available. Please update your game."
Closes.
Nothing happens.

Off to a great start!

Also, it looks like the Cloud Job is summonable this time. No $75 magicite purchase required. http://information.mobiusfinalfanta...daf1baebb412fcc8d6932cb7cbfa2b296ee4d4b8.html

That's awesome news. Would rather they did this for Gabranth, but still a great bit of news. I'll have to remember to DL the steam version later today when I get home. Isn't there some freebie you get for logging in on Steam at least once?

Celegus

That's awesome news. Would rather they did this for Gabranth, but still a great bit of news. I'll have to remember to DL the steam version later today when I get home. Isn't there some freebie you get for logging in on Steam at least once?

I'm assuming this will be the new standard for legendary jobs, and I personally love it. Will just be a happy bonus if I ever manage to get one, and they're not up for a limited time only so who knows if/when one might show up.

Steam version doesn't seem to be working just yet. Make sure to read all the new info, some good stuff in there. Many more seeds from 5* cards and explorations/gigantuars, light/dark lagoon going to be open, etc. And a crap ton of summon tickets and 2 growstars for free!

Razmos

Omg at the skillseed changes. Literally a game changer. This update just improved this game a hell of a lot, and I've already been really enjoying it lately.

Celegus

I really didn't think we'd get the updated seeds that fast, we just got 5* not that long ago! Now I just need to figure out a reliable way to get 5 million on Gigantuars.

Well, the Steam version is pretty cool now that it's working. Now I can play Fire Emblem on my phone, play Mobius on one monitor, and watch Netflix on the other!

I'm not going to do this

Also, I've had voices off since launch, so I find all of the Warrior of Light's edgy quips during battle to be so adorable.

Golnei

Is the Steam version finally functioning properly, or did you have to do a bizarre series of workarounds? If it's the former, I might try it - I'd like to be able to do background autobattling without melting my phone on a regular basis.

Also, I've had voices off since launch, so I find all of the Warrior of Light's edgy quips during battle to be so adorable.

He is pretty cute - even if the acting is pretty flat at times, I didn't expect to find the protagonist to be so tolerable generally. I'd thought that I was coming around on Echo as well, but that turned out to just be the result of watching her scenes without audio.

Also, I wish they'd add an option to change Echo's costume while using another spirit - the faux-schoolgirl costume she has by default is annoying, but I won't give up my Tonberry to change it.

Is the Steam version finally functioning properly, or did you have to do a bizarre series of workarounds? If it's the former, I might try it - I'd like to be able to do background autobattling without melting my phone on a regular basis.

It works great now! It's extremely fast and fluid, but it still doesn't have native borderless fullscreen and the default control scheme for controllers isn't very good. I cobbled up something as a steam controller config that I feel pretty good about, though I can't say it's super great for menus.

Dinjoralo

It works great now! It's extremely fast and fluid, but it still doesn't have native borderless fullscreen and the default control scheme for controllers isn't very good. I cobbled up something as a steam controller config that I feel pretty good about, though I can't say it's super great for menus.
It has fullscreen for me, I'm pretty sure. It's under the resolution options for whatever reason, and I'm pretty sure it's borderless.

It is so weird seeing this game running smoothly. Also, how'd you get the steam overlay working? It won't show for me.

Rahvar

Managed to pull Soldier on my first pull :) cheap to max it out as well. Decided to put Bahamut in the deck since I lack a good dark warrior card and Soldier has an ability that lets ranger cards get their magic boosted.

Golnei

I might as well go for Cloud - I've hardly summoned anything besides the two main jobs I'm using; and I guess there's nothing else I'm using the tickets for. Pray for me.

tumblr_okxh3wSzFy1sf3h8qo4_500.gif

It is so weird seeing this game running smoothly.

That definitely felt wrong for a while.

I did four Greater Summons this morning to get the special cards, but did not return happy; only one new 4★ card, two early access cards and no job card.

:-\

Falk

that puzzling face
I didn't have problems with Skillseeds prior to Gigantuars anyway!

Just felt that the changes to gacha were a little sour, but Mobius still makes an excellent idle-in-background time waster, which wasn't really possible with a phone and much more suited to desktop.

I didn't have problems with Skillseeds prior to Gigantuars anyway!

Just felt that the changes to gacha were a little sour, but Mobius still makes an excellent idle-in-background time waster, which wasn't really possible with a phone and much more suited to desktop.
Gacha is predominantly for early access cards at this point and there's usually a bonus for drawing gacha (the FF VII cards right now, for example).

Despite garbage luck with my recent pulls, I still think the game is far less doodie regarding its gacha stuff than others.

Pulling dupes also "rewards" you, even if just a little, so they're not complete wastes. The ability tickets you get for selling dupes allows you to grab formerly early access cards (so you eventually "force" your way to new cards) and celestriads go towards more summon tickets.

garath

So complete new player to this. Just started on steam. I just unlocked teleport. Haven't pulled anything and have 5 summon tickets, like 20 ability tickets, 2200 materia give or take and some other odd stuff through these rewards.

What the heck should I be pulling? It looks like using 6 summon tickets to pull a job is a good idea? Materia save for that Mobius box so I can do another 6 summon ticket job pull?

Should I buy some abilities with the ability ticket?

I don't quite follow the gatcha system here. :(

So complete new player to this. Just started on steam. I just unlocked teleport. Haven't pulled anything and have 5 summon tickets, like 20 ability tickets, 2200 materia give or take and some other odd stuff through these rewards.

What the heck should I be pulling? It looks like using 6 summon tickets to pull a job is a good idea? Materia save for that Mobius box so I can do another 6 summon ticket job pull?

Should I buy some abilities with the ability ticket?

I don't quite follow the gatcha system here. :(
Pull for jobs until you have a good spread between elements and job types. Buy ability cards with ability tickets once you have a job (matching job/element type).

Maaaybe pull a few times on the 3★ summon in between jobs; a few maxed cards will keep you going for a while right at the start.

Gacha is as follows:

Greater Summon: Six unleveled cards. I wouldn't pull here until you are deep in the game, its main purpose is the chance (albeit low) to get 4★ cards or early access cards (card not yet in the ability shop).

3★ Summon: Maxed 3★ card; level, ability level and extra skills. Useful a couple of times early on as noted above or if you want to "force" a new card out (takes four summons of dupes).

4★ Summon: Maxed 4★ card; expensive, but cheaper than two Growstars (which is the cost to take a 3★ card to 4★). Pretty amazing to pull here if you have the means, main downsides is that dupes here REALLY hurt and you can pull cards that may not be useful to you (depending on jobs you have).

I *think* the 3★/4★ summons slightly favor newer cards, but I forgot where I read this.

garath

Pull for jobs until you have a good spread between elements and job types. Buy ability cards with ability tickets once you have a job (matching job/element type).

Maaaybe pull a few times on the 3★ summon in between jobs; a few maxed cards will keep you going for a while right at the start.

Gacha is as follows:

Greater Summon: Six unleveled cards. I wouldn't pull here until you are deep in the game, its main purpose is the chance (albeit low) to get 4★ cards or early access cards (card not yet in the ability shop).

3★ Summon: Maxed 3★ card; level, ability level and extra skills. Useful a couple of times early on as noted above or if you want to "force" a new card out (takes four summons of dupes).

4★ Summon: Maxed 4★ card; expensive, but cheaper than two Growstars (which is the cost to take a 3★ card to 4★). Pretty amazing to pull here if you have the means, main downsides is that dupes here REALLY hurt and you can pull cards that may not be useful to you (depending on jobs you have).

I *think* the 3★/4★ summons slightly favor newer cards, but I forgot where I read this.

OK. So skip the greater summon for now. Save summon tickets for job pulls. Grab a few abilities with ability tickets and maybe do a 3* summon.

Looks like greater summon can be anything from ability to job right? Does the job pull include the newest jobs like soldier?

Took 4 greater summons but got the Soldier job!! So happy right now and happy SE didn't put this job behind a stupid pay wall. Gonna love the rest of this event with this job now.

Celegus

I did four Greater Summons this morning to get the special cards, but did not return happy; only one new 4★ card, two early access cards and no job card.

:-
Dang, yeah that's rough. Turns out most of the AOE BDD cards are in the shop now, so I actually only got one EA card in my 3(ranger dark AOE bdd).

Möbius day seeds are nuts!

Dinjoralo

Hey, I can do stuff in the Cloud event! The dark moogle stuff just murdered my ass right at the first fight. And being able to sync my save between my desktop, laptop, and phone (organized by performance) is super sweet.

New cards in the ability shop; I grabbed the remaining area break defense down cards I was missing, the warrior earth one which I can max out in the event and the ranger wind one, which I boost fusioned since I had six hundred ability tickets.

OK. So skip the greater summon for now. Save summon tickets for job pulls. Grab a few abilities with ability tickets and maybe do a 3* summon.

Looks like greater summon can be anything from ability to job right? Does the job pull include the newest jobs like soldier?
Job cards are only obtained from job summon EXCEPT for Solider, which is a special case; it's obtained as a bonus when you pull on any of the other summons.

Dang, yeah that's rough. Turns out most of the AOE BDD cards are in the shop now, so I actually only got one EA card in my 3(ranger dark AOE bdd).
Heh, that's one of the new cards I was hoping to get.

Celegus

No Viking or soldier though, so I have no use for it yet. It seems pretty much identical to the cloud card in batch 2 so I'm probably just gonna skip that group altogether and regroup for the next event.

Dinjoralo

Anyone else have a weird issue with the steam version not accepting clicks on a part of the screen? Like when I'm managing cards, I can't click on stuff right in the middle of the menu. The game does do the little tap effect, so it registers the clicking.

It's the little area I highlighted in red that's acting off.

Anyone else have a weird issue with the steam version not accepting clicks on a part of the screen? Like when I'm managing cards, I can't click on stuff right in the middle of the menu. The game does do the little tap effect, so it registers the clicking.

It's the little area I highlighted in red that's acting off.

I haven't had that problem, but my menus are "left handed", so that might be why.

Dinjoralo

I haven't had that problem, but my menus are "left handed", so that might be why.

Huh. I managed to fix it by making the icons large... but now the icons are flipping huge. I'll try left handed menus and see if that helps.

Also I noticed, those giant turtle enemies are totally lifted from Final Fantasy XIV!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm really enjoying the skillseed overhaul and the Steam version. It looks great.

FFVIIR event is also some premium shit.

garath

I decided I'm not going to do any rerolling so I linked my steam account to my mobile and started playing some on the way to work on the bus. Then I got out of the intro area and I'm required to download another 1gig.... Oh. Guess I'm waiting until I get home and back on wifi.

I'm having some fun with it. We'll see if long-term it holds my attention anywhere near something like granblue but there's some promise here.

Celegus

Huh. I managed to fix it by making the icons large... but now the icons are flipping huge. I'll try left handed menus and see if that helps.

Also I noticed, those giant turtle enemies are totally lifted from Final Fantasy XIV!

I think a lot of the assets are reused from XIII and probably XIV like you said, that's how they got it to look so dang good. Obviously a lot is new as well, but yeah it sure is a looker especially on Steam now! I haven't had any issues with it not registering clicks at all.

Really digging the event as well. Ridiculously more elaborate than most of what we get in Brave Exvius.

Pachimari

I have to dedicate all weekend to this game but before getting through the tutorial is there any rerolling I would be wise to do? What should I be going for?

I have to dedicate all weekend to this game but before getting through the tutorial is there any rerolling I would be wise to do? What should I be going for?

This game doesn't really use the gacha much. When starting out, you'll want to try to pull jobs, which doesn't repeat and most jobs are still pretty good. You really don't need to reroll for this game.

Celegus

No great need for rerolling unless you want to try for the Cloud job that just went up (occasionally shows up as a bonus on card summons, but regular job summons are probably more useful for a new account). Think of it like this... in Exvius, it's hard to get the good units. In Mobius, it's easy to get most of the good cards, but the amount of resources to upgrade them is the bottleneck. Basically every job is perfectly viable, more depends on your playstyle than good vs bad.

Some good tips here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=859341595 and https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/5smrsh/things_i_wish_i_had_known_on_day_1/

garath

I just got my 6th summon ticket and did my first job pull... Devout. I guess that's good? Mage type. I have no light abilities though :( bought a few fire and water abilities from the ability store but the 20 tickets wasn't going to get me far.. need 33 for a light ability.

I just got my 6th summon ticket and did my first job pull... Devout. I guess that's good? Mage type. I have no light abilities though :( bought a few fire and water abilities from the ability store but the 20 tickets wasn't going to get me far.. need 33 for a light ability.
Devout is tank mage, he's at a slight disadvantage right now since light cards are brand new, but there's a really good one in the Final Fantasy VII bonus summon right now if you want to start pulling on the 4★ summon for it (the bonus cards don't repeat, so you'll have it on the fourth pull at worst).

garath

Devout is tank mage, he's at a slight disadvantage right now since light cards are brand new, but there's a really good one in the Final Fantasy VII bonus summon right now if you want to start pulling on the 4★ summon for it (the bonus cards don't repeat, so you'll have it on the fourth pull at worst).

This it's wiser than pulling more jobs? my plan was to pull a second job once I could afford it.

This it's wiser than pulling more jobs? my plan was to pull a second job once I could afford it.
Hmm, it's definitely a tough call if you only have one job, especially since you can whiff a couple of times.

If you feel like you would want to main Devout (for single player), I would maybe try going for it. The bonus card is an area attack that adds slow (which halves every enemy's turns, rounded down, which is generally very good). It also only costs one Growstar to augment and has fodder in the event so you can max it out after augmenting.

Job card aren't going anywhere, so you can always go back to that.

The only hard stop I can think of is is if you wanted to really get into multiplayer, although Devout is a healer so he can fit into most battles.

garath

Hmm, it's definitely a tough call if you only have one job, especially since you can whiff a couple of times.

If you feel like you would want to main Devout (for single player), I would maybe try going for it. The bonus card is an area attack that adds slow (which halves every enemy's turns, rounded down, which is generally very good). It also only costs one Growstar to augment and has fodder in the event so you can max it out after augmenting.

Job card aren't going anywhere, so you can always go back to that.

The only hard stop I can think of is is if you wanted to really get into multiplayer, although Devout is a healer so he can fit into most battles.

Hmm. It's a tough one then. It'll be hard to save up that many summon tickets to even do one pull, let alone the 4 for the card I need.

Hmm. It's a tough one then. It'll be hard to save up that many summon tickets to even do one pull, let alone the 4 for the card I need.
Well, you could get it on the first try! Four is worst case.

Also, keep in mind that each summon will get you a fully maxed 4★ card, an FF VII bonus card, and a chance to get the Solider job.

Celegus

Hmm yeah Devout is a bit of a pickle to begin with right now. Most of the good light cards are summon only since they're so new... the ones in the ability shop aren't worth investing much into since they're the most basic. The FF VII Remake card (Jessie) is very very nice for Devout, but again... it could possibly take 4 summons to get (though you'll probably hopefully get something else decent along the way too). How far along in the story are you? I can't remember exactly how many summon cards you get for clearing story chapters, but they do add up pretty quick (though some of them I'm remembering could be from old events as well). We're also getting free summon tickets for that special login right now which is nice.

I think I got almost 2 million of every seed except dark (don't have any 5* with dark seeds yet) just today. 4x bonus is craaaazy! So easy to just give it a poke or two while I'm working, kept it going all day.

Top Bottom