• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nostromo said:
It's just -oldschool- skeletal animation, you don't need any fancy tech to move some fingers :)

He's here!!! Did you guys know about this product placement before hand?

Steroyd

¤Ai®MåSt£®¤ said:
narikoX.gif

OMG I'm literally on the floor laughing.

I can't stop.
rofl.gif

I'm going to die laughing today because of you.

mr_nothin

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
He's here!!! Did you guys know about this product placement before hand?
Nope....him and Deano found out when they woke up...they were just as surprised as everybody else

Which makes this all the more weird

Nostromo

Shadow anti-aliasing needs to be fined tuned per area by artists, but it's not a solvable problem, it can only ameliorated, at least with current tech.
It's certainly possible to do better, but I'm working on this in my spare time as a personal project..

bud

Nostromo said:
Shadow anti-aliasing needs to be fined tuned per area by artists, but it's not a solvable problem, it can only ameliorated, at least with current tech.
It's certainly possible to do better, but I'm working on this in my spare time as a personal project..

Yeah, I remember someone saying the same thing about GT. IT also has self-shadowing on the cars and the shadows look weird...like triangles or something.

mr_nothin

Banned
Nostromo said:
d00d
How does a game of this scale look like 2 time better than most games that arent even half the scale of this?
It makes no sense
GJ!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Nostromo said:
Yeah, I kinda figured this seeing that no game that features full scene soft shadowing seems to do it without artifacting. It's not a visual dealbreaker or anything, but I hope you guys can fine tune it by the time the game is released.

mckmas8808

mr_nothin said:
Nope....him and Deano found out when they woke up...they were just as surprised as everybody else

Which makes this all the more weird

I wonder how that feels as two of the main programmers making the game. :lol

I wonder if they are happy to see this on one of the biggest shows in America?

Ceb

I guess that's from the Nina Kristensen presentation...? Looks like Nariko's cutscene model which we saw in that facial closeup.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Sony enlisting Micah's powers to finish the game's development faster. :p

mr_nothin said:
:O:O:O
Where, How, When, What?
Got damn this game is holy shit gorgeous
I'm assuming the where and when is a GDC session.

mr_nothin

Banned
kaching said:
Sony enlisting Micah's powers to finish the game's development faster. :p

I'm assuming the where and when is a GDC session.
This early though?
Its only 10:20am EST...I thought they wouldnt start for another few hours and I dont see where they have a physics session scheduled for today...and not this early

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I did a photoshop with the microphone getting longer but I decided not to post it in good taste.

Mau ®

Thats a great marketing move though. Heroes is getting lots of bus and the audience is definetely perfect for PS3.

Next: Afrika on Discovery Channel!

Nostromo said:
ameliorated

a·mel·io·rate
a·me·lio·rat·ed, a·me·lio·rat·ing, a·me·lio·rates
To make or become better; improve.

You learn something new every day.

*Btw, have we seen that hand-cannon in motion? :eek:

Nostromo

Danne-Danger said:
a·mel·io·rate
a·me·lio·rat·ed, a·me·lio·rat·ing, a·me·lio·rates
To make or become better; improve.

You learn something new every day.

*Btw, have we seen that hand-cannon in motion? :eek:
My vocabulary is clearly superior to my english grammar/syntax skills :(

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
mr_nothin said:
This early though?
Its only 10:20am EST...I thought they wouldnt start for another few hours and I dont see where they have a physics session scheduled for today...and not this early
What else accounts for the laptop and mic in the shot? Looks like its onstage. Maybe they're doing setup.

mr_nothin

Banned
kaching said:
What else accounts for the laptop and mic in the shot? Looks like its onstage. Maybe they're doing setup.
I thought GDC session at 1st, but it's too early..everything starts at 10am. Probably setup or something. But I still didnt see a physics session scheduled for today (Dean/Deano said that it was going to be demo'd for a physics session)

mckmas8808

Nostromo said:

The game still has 4xAA and 8xAF right?

Ceb

Nostromo said:
Maybe there were taken from Nina's presentation to press in Norway..

Yeah, that's what I suggested. It's the same cutscene shown there with Nariko and the bazooka.

mr_nothin

Banned
Nostromo said:
Maybe there were taken from Nina's presentation to press in Norway..
:(
Why didnt you tell us earlier? Your keeping stuff from us? The gamers...the people who will make you rich...
Tsk Tsk Tsk

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dear Sony,

****ing stop it. Stop making us make .gifs out of five second clips from TV shows. Stop making us capture cell phone photos from presentations. Stop making us look through patents for trademarks. Start releasing media. kthnx.

KEVVLES

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
¤Ai®MåSt£®¤ said:
narikoX.gif

looks great!

too bad there will be no jumping/platforming or puzzles to solve. :(
:lol :lol

This game is ****ing awesome. Can't wait to see an update on this game.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Marc said:
A lot of games this gen that have full scene shadowing seem to have this problem btw.
It's an artifact of shadowmapping - like nAo says, pretty much something you have to live with on current tech. ICO was different because, like all the good shadowed games on PS2, it used shadow volumes, which don't have these problems.

szaromir

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
I wonder how that feels as two of the main programmers making the game. :lol

I wonder if they are happy to see this on one of the biggest shows in America?
"Oh no! This motherf***ers put that incredibly old and broken build on the show. They should have consulted this with us!" :)

mckmas8808 said:
The game still has 4xAA and 8xAF right?
I think level of AF depends on a texture, it's not like in PC games, when you choose full screen level of texture filtering. So it's probably very high on characters and (slightly) lower on other surfaces - I think that ground texture should be sharper if it had AFx8 applied, but I may be wrong though.

Top Bottom