• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
mckmas8808 said:
They still have them in the game.

And we can see them in the last screenshots :

heavenly-sword1.jpg

heavenly-sword-20060921092020332.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AAK said:
Wow, I haven't seen that pic before. If that is gameplay, that's the most impressive thing I've seen for this game. The draw distance is unbelievable.

Yes it's confirmed realtime.

Nostromo

it's taken from a realtime/in-game cut scene
[edit] and for the tech addicted ppl..please notice the nice anistropic filternig on the ground.. :)

teiresias

Deepblue said:
Except of course, the ridiculous enemy detail in the 05 CG.

Except it really wasn't CG in the traditional sense that one thinks of a CG target render since it was actually the in-game engine rendering the 2005 trailer, with some post processing done obviously. Still much different from something like the Killzone trailer though.

Deepblue

Banned
Nostromo said:
[edit] and for the tech addicted ppl..please notice the nice anistropic filternig on the ground.. :)
Okay. But why is there so much blur and fog?

Surreal

Deepblue said:
Okay. But why is there so much blur and fog?

Fog because the camera lens is dirty, and blur because stuff farther away from you is more blurry than objects closer to you. I believe they call it nearsightedness. Or depth of field. Or maybe they did that so it would look artistic.

Mmmkay

Nostromo said:
I think this screenshot is nicer for showing off the anisotropic filtering.
8454hs 01.jpg

The shallow angle and crappy jpeg compression make that other one a bit of a mess.

Kinan

Steroyd said:
Wait what? May 2006 how the hell did i miss that? :O

Exactly my reaction when I finally looked at the date. :) As you may notice, first comments there are only 4 month old, so it just went unnoticed by a large crowd, I suppose.

Kinan said:
Just stumbled over this video of HS backgrounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvJXckyfLIA

Probably old, but I havent seen it before and said wow. Realtime?

This is what a dev said about it

A previs is a target render. I know...I know... But the one you saw was not ever meant to be shown to the public. It is a tool we use a lot to try and set a target for us to reach. We usually meet or exceed them. This one is particularly beautiful. Let's see what happens...

jett

D-Member
Kinan said:
Just stumbled over this video of HS backgrounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvJXckyfLIA

Probably old, but I havent seen it before and said wow. Realtime?

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_2660_1_en.html

Blim's site has it in high-res...unfortunately not in HD. :p First tme I see the vid too...just beautiful stuff.

HD pics:

heavenly-sword-20060508080121642.jpg

heavenly-sword-20060508080117954.jpg

The waterfalls in the game look just amazing...and they look pretty much the same in latest "cinematic production" trailer so I guess they achieved their goal. :p

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Kinan said:
Well, its about a time to release an in-game version of it, then. :) C'mon, show us what you got! :)

Yeah we kinda know that they at least achieved that same quality. I can't wait until Sony allows them to show more of the game. Did you see how beautiful that waterfall was?

Top Bottom