• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tradionally cold/hot foods that you enjoy at a different temperature

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Pizza is normally hot, but I'll be damned if I didn't say I also love it cold. Mmmm

Oh, and frozen Kellogg's Poptarts.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I legitimately think coffee often tastes better room temp than either cold or hot.

I normally do, too, if the coffee has soy milk (only milk I drink). However, since I drink black coffee 99% of the time, I definitely don't like it unless it's pretty hot.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Most mornings my breakfast is dinner leftovers from the previous night and I eat them cold 90% of the time. Steak, chicken, pasta, mashed potatoes, veggies, you name it. Soups and stews are pretty much the only leftovers I bother to heat up.

Faiz

I normally do, too, if the coffee has soy milk (only milk I drink). However, since I drink black coffee 99% of the time, I definitely don't like it unless it's pretty hot.

That makes sense - black coffee doesn't actually taste good and the heat hides the fact.

I like cold wet and mushy garlic bread.

-wrap garlic bread stick tightly in foil so that it sweats .
-cook for 30 mins on low temp.
-leave to cool for 10-15 mins.

Now open it up and it should be as pale as milk, soggy and taste a bit like cheese.

I love half cooked bread and cakes, too. And raw cookie dough.

Hyoukokun

Hot lemonade is delicious on a cold day. Bonus points if you use maple syrup to sweeten it (learned this trick from Flatbread Company in NH after a fall hike in the White Mountains).

aember

A few weeks ago I had to eat pizza in the woods.

I ordered a nice jalapeno pizza on a nice cool Friday evening and a couple minutes later I got a call saying that I had to be at my unit within a few hours, because the weekend's military exercise was starting a bit sooner than usual.

So I got all my gear ready and then waited for my pizza to arrive. Once I got it - I got some tin foil and wrapped the whole pizza, slice by slice.

Needless to say, eating cold Friday-ordered pizza out in the woods at 0500 on a Sunday became my new favorite thing!

Did the same thing last weekend and will be ordering it today again!

e: another guy in the company ordered 3 lavash kebabs on the way from work. Said they all tasted great, even the Sunday one. Tempted to try it!

Kumquat

I insist you warm up my Gazpacho soup!

e65d10501d46377cb527d406444eb386.jpg

Circinus

I find plain boiled potatoes much more tasty when they're served cool when they've been in the refrigerator for a while.

But I like most food cold (cooked and cooled) just fine, so I almost never reheat food.

Kite

Cold noodle dishes are amazing during the summer, feels more refreshing somehow. Cold pad-thai, cold kimchi and peanut/sesame/black bean-based sauces with noodles somehow work.

Yeahman. It needs to be good friend chicken of course, but it is just as good pulled from the fridge for a quick snack.

Yup gotta be really good chicken. But man good fried chicken tastes great cold. Might just be me, but every time I eat cold chicken I'm instantly reminded of the scene in Poltergeist where one of the dudes there investigating the ghosts eats some cold fried chicken then hallucinates that his face is melting off when he looks in a mirror.

Geeky

Oh, and frozen Kellogg's Poptarts.

I never had them frozen, but just grabbed them out of the cubbard when I was younger.

Did a lot of people enjoy them toasted like they showed in the commercials?

I felt like the flavor of the filling diminished when hot.

Top Bottom