• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Great, I hope we reach the point where views like JonTrons just get exiled from gaming. They have no place no matter how much "free speech" meandering a certain crowd does.

wiibomb

nice move from playtonic, I believe Jon needs to be called out for what he said, and PLaytonic actually took action

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They should replace his voice acting with that of an immigrant from one of the place's Jons got a problem with just to spite him.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Good folks at Playtonic, glad we can put this to bed and focus on what a cracking game Yooka Laylee looks like again

data

Well there it is, I am officially old. I had no idea what any of the three things in the thread title were. After reading the OP this seems like a good thing though, so that's good.

old people would be the ones that'd care about yooka-laylee the most though

Honestly if they were to replace his lines with anybody, I'd want it to be PeanutButterGamer. There's no love lost between him and Jon these days.

MrHoot

i'm imagining some twitter rants against "the media", sjw and virtue signallers are coming very soon.

Ironically they will probably lose more sales from now angry centrist and alt righters, so kudos to them

Akronis

For all of you saying replace him with Dunkey, isn't Dunkey friends with Jon? Has Dunkey said or done anything that indicates he doesn't share the same garbage viewpoints?

After all of this shit, I really can't trust any gaming-focused YouTuber to be a decent human being...

iavi

And now it's back on my radar.

Thank you Playtonic.

As a black dude, I'm not supporting anything featuring John "gene pool" Jafari. It doesn't matter if it's a lead role, or five minutes of gibberish

NoKisum

While I am 100% for this decision, isn't the game really close to release? Do they have time to re-record? Couldn't they have pulled a Destiny and patch out his voice with someone else in an update?

Wow, good on Playtonic! Just a shame that they have to deal with the fact that one of their voice actors turned out to be a Nazi. I guess they probably don't have to replace much dialogue/gibberish, shame they can't bill JonTron for the time though.

e4f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom