• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

andycapps

I don't get why they aren't releasing them on both consoles simultaneously. Is it to test fot bugs that they haven't yet found after all this time on the tts or on pc?

Who knows. Guess trying to do it in phases so they can concentrate on each platform in case there are any issues.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Leaks:
7krmknl6d5bz.jpg

en7zzs93d5bz.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6oqik6/apparently_the_next_elite_skin_will_give_an/

TheKeyPit

Banned
Alpha Packs are available now on Xbox.

Edit: I love the way you open those packs.

Edit2: Can anyone tell me how this happens: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/34385398

I couldn't walk through there; tried it for maybe 20 seconds, went another way and everything was fine.

Edit3: I just want to add that I'm still amazed at how many times this game gets my blood pumping like hell. No other game achieves this.

Thanks to moments like this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/34387955

+Castle became my favorite operator :)

So I built a new PC and now Siege runs buttery smooth for me. Might fully migrate over from playing the PS4 version.

I'm averaging around 110-120FPS with a Ryzen 1600 and GTX 1050Ti.
Obviously I've got a lot of settings turned down/off but it feels so good to just control now.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Alpha packs attracted a lot of ******* idiots.

Edit: Rough games; matchmaking was unfair; I never sucked this hard during the last couple of days; (as a reference: I'm lvl 85, was silver in the season after skull rain) matched against people with 2x/3x my lvl, lol; gold ranks everywhere; not fun...

Compsiox

Banned
This is the only game where I could actually watch myself improve significantly. Over the last 1.7 years I have watched my aim improve, my reaction time become sickeningly fast, and my strategies eventually succeeding nearly constantly. This has been an incredible experience. Don't give up.

If they fix all the shit they say they can, this will be the best game ever made.

Compsiox

Banned
So I built a new PC and now Siege runs buttery smooth for me. Might fully migrate over from playing the PS4 version.

I'm averaging around 110-120FPS with a Ryzen 1600 and GTX 1050Ti.
Obviously I've got a lot of settings turned down/off but it feels so good to just control now.

Make sure LOD is on very high. That's very important so you see all the objects in range.

Erban1

Couldn't identify the objective. I drove around the biohazard container with my drone and it didn't do anything. Is this a known bug?

Broken, been broken as long as i've been playing (December 2015). ID'ing the objective or operators has been spotty forever. It's crazy that its been a problem for this long though.

andycapps

Broken, been broken as long as i've been playing (December 2015). ID'ing the objective or operators has been spotty forever. It's crazy that its been a problem for this long though.

Yeah I know it was an issue on PS4 when I played with you guys. I don't think I've had it happen at all on PC.

I would think someone would have brought it up on the Reddit, but I didn't find it in a quick search. Closest thing was this. It's worth someone reporting it on there.

Ardenyal

Playing the Titanfall 2 free DLC reminds me how much siege needs a controller overhaul. That game has some tight controls even ignoring the generous auto aim.

Siege still has too big deadzones, dual zone bs, aim smoothing, messed up diagonals. Not too long ago they fixed the deadzones being off center so I guess they're still open to tweaking the controls... Hopefully Operation Health delivers lol

TheKeyPit

Banned
Playing the Titanfall 2 free DLC reminds me how much siege needs a controller overhaul. That game has some tight controls even ignoring the generous auto aim.

Siege still has too big deadzones, dual zone bs, aim smoothing, messed up diagonals. Not too long ago they fixed the deadzones being off center so I guess they're still open to tweaking the controls... Hopefully Operation Health delivers lol
Whaaaat?! I think that Siege controls best out of all the shooters. The game does what I want. If it doesn't work out, it's because I suck, but aside from that everything controls just perfectly.

Yeah, going to have a to disagree. Maybe it is just my huge amount of play-time spent adjusting, but I've always felt Siege's controls are pretty airtight. You may be right, but from personal experience I'm satisfied.

Anyone switch to PC recently? Been looking at doing so but I cant find the Year 1 Season Pass anymore. Is there any version that includes everything or am I out of luck?

kidnapalm

Neo Member
Anyone switch to PC recently? Been looking at doing so but I cant find the Year 1 Season Pass anymore. Is there any version that includes everything or am I out of luck?

( Gold Edition Y1) Season Pass year one is not officially available anymore but maybe theres some sites still having keys laying around.

You can however, buy what is called the Complete Edition which includes the game + Season Pass Y1 & 2. http://store.ubi.com/ca/tom-clancys...edition/583704394e0165a0278b4568.html?lang=en

e: Kind of expensive though. :/

CrayToes

Feel like the only person who doesn't care about alpha packs. 95% of the cosmetics in the game are trash tier. I can't bring myself to waste my 350k on them.

I think Jackal is more fun, and Mira provides the best utility. When I run into certain Mira defenses as an attacker it just makes that area a big nope nope nope, do not want, etc... and I go off and do something else. I haven't played either character extensively though.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/34468061#t=15 -- Ignore that I don't know what I'm doing and didn't shotgun out the side so I'm blocking my vision some. But the basic strafe out from behind the mirror and get a free headshot move is nice. Great operator if you like holding down one or two angles from the same spot for the whole round. Just not my general style of play.

Wow, this game's numbers are much better than I thought. There's apparently 30K on steam at the moment, excluding Uplay.

Why the hell are the resources/team so small? They deserve more people to work on the game.

Feel like the only person who doesn't care about alpha packs. 95% of the cosmetics in the game are trash tier. I can't bring myself to waste my 350k on them.

I wish they'd add more stuff to the game.

Like, I love the voice lines they have in Terro Hunt, and would like to see new lines added and included in the PvP.

And then there are custom barricade ideas people can have instead of the giant X symbol. Just for fun.

Shield ops can get all kinds of cool skins.

Wow, this game's numbers are much better than I thought. There's apparently 30K on steam at the moment, excluding Uplay.

Why the hell are the resources/team so small? They deserve more people to work on the game.

Probably cause Ubi are looking over at the Vivendi abyss and can't bring themselves to commit any resources. It is pretty damn bullshit considering how well the game is doing. But I think Ubi is in panic mode at the moment, financially. Terrible timing for a success like Siege which requires constant attention.

Not sure the textures were that in need of a facelift but okay.

For me the main thing is being able to actually see inside a room when you break a window barricade. I've avoided rapelling gunfights for so long because 90% of the time, I can't see shit inside the room.

That moment when you are defending and your teammates die in a matter of seconds, and then you get teamkilled in the beginning of the next round for not clutching it.

I'm just hoping part of these optimizations fixes whatever causes the mouse input to get completely jacked the moment framerate fluctuates whatsoever. This is the only game I have to play with RTSS on at all times to keep at a fixed framerate that I know can be kept 100%.

Top Bottom